Subject: I-D Action: draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 12:13:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Real-time text media handling in multi-party conferences
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-01.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2020-02-23

Abstract:
   This memo specifies methods for Real-Time Text (RTT) media handling
   in multi-party calls.  The main solution is to carry Real-Time text
   by the RTP protocol in a time-sampled mode according to RFC 4103.
   The main solution for centralized multi-party handling of real-time
   text is achieved through a media control unit coordinating multiple
   RTP text streams into one RTP session.

   Identification for the streams are provided through the CSRC lists in
   the RTP packets and through the RTCP messages.  This mechanism
   enables the receiving application to present the received real-time
   text medium separated per source, in different ways according to user
   preferences.  Some presentation related features are also described
   explaining suitable variations of transmission and presentation of
   text.

   Call control features are described for the SIP environment.  A
   number of alternative methods for providing the multi-party
   negotiation, transmission and presentation are discussed and a
   recommendation for the main one is provided.  Two alternative methods
   using a single RTP stream and source identification inline in the
   text stream are also described, one of them being provided as a lower
   functionality fallback method for endpoints with no multi-party
   awareness for RTT.

   Brief information is also provided for multi-party RTT in the WebRTC
   environment.

   EDITOR NOTE: A number of alternatives are specified for discussion.
   A decision is needed which alternatives are preferred and then how
   the preferred alternatives shall be emphasized.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/