Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosenberg-dispatch-ript-sipdiffs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 11:45:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Real Time Internet Peering for Telephony (RIPT) Comparison with the Session Initiaton Protocol (SIP)
        Author          : Jonathan Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-dispatch-ript-sipdiffs-00.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2020-02-07

Abstract:
   The Real-Time Internet Peering for Telephony (RIPT) protocol and its
   extension for inbound calls to single user devices provide an
   alternative to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for several use
   cases.  This leads to many questions - how is RIPT different from SIP
   and why?  What should be standardized and what should not?  How much
   of SIP do those two specifications replace?  This document discusses
   the differences and their motivations, and presents an analysis
   across the set of SIP specifications, and analyzes whether the two
   RIPT documents replace each with similar capability, whether they
   eliminate the need for that specification, or whether some or all of
   that specification are not addressed by RIPT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenberg-dispatch-ript-sipdiffs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenberg-dispatch-ript-sipdiffs-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosenberg-dispatch-ript-sipdiffs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/