Subject: I-D Action: draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-np-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 01:39:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Generalized SRv6 Network Programming
        Authors         : Weiqiang Cheng
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Cheng Li
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Cong Li
                          Hui Tian
                          Feng Zhao
	Filename        : draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-np-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2020-02-11

Abstract:
   As the deployment of SRv6, some new requirements are proposed, such
   as SRv6 compression, transporting over SR-MPLS/MPLS and IPv4 domains.
   Therefore, it is necessary to consider other types of segments or
   sub-paths in the end-to-end SRv6 network programming.

   This document proposes Generalized Segment Routing over IPv6 (G-SRv6)
   Networking Programming, which supports to encode multiple types of
   Segments in a SRH, called Generalized SRH (G-SRH).  These Segments
   can be called Generalized Segment, and the ID can be Generalized
   Segment Identifier (G-SID), which may include an SRv6 SID(128 bits),
   C-SIDs, MPLS labels, or IPv4 tunnel information.

   This document also defines the mechanisms of Generalized SRv6
   Networking Programming and the requirements of related protocol
   extensions of control plane and data plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-np/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-np-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-np-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/