Subject: I-D Action: draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 13:01:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Address Translation Support for QUIC
        Author          : Martin Duke
	Filename        : draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-02-11

Abstract:
   Network Address Translators (NATs) are widely deployed to share
   scarce public IPv4 addresses among multiple end hosts.  They
   overwrite IP addresses and ports in IP packets to do so.  QUIC is a
   protocol on top of UDP that provides transport-like services.  QUIC
   is better-behaved in the presence of NATs than older protocols, and
   existing UDP NATs should operate without incident if unmodified.
   QUIC offers additional features that may tempt NAT implementers as
   potential optimizations.  However, in practice, leveraging these
   features will lead to new connection failure modes and security
   vulnerabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-quic-natsupp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-duke-quic-natsupp-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/