Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:31:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Special Use Domain Name 'ipv4only.arpa'
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          David Schinazi
	Filename        : draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-16.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2020-02-21

Abstract:
   The specification for how a client discovers its local network's
   NAT64 prefix (RFC7050) defines the special name 'ipv4only.arpa' for
   this purpose, but in its Domain Name Reservation Considerations
   section that specification indicates that the name actually has no
   particularly special properties would require special handling, and
   does not request IANA to record the name in the Special-Use Domain
   Names registry.

   Consequently, despite the well articulated special purpose of the
   name, 'ipv4only.arpa' was not recorded in the Special-Use Domain
   Names registry as a name with special properties.

   This document describes the special treatment required, formally
   declares the special properties of the name, adds similar
   declarations for the corresponding reverse mapping names, and updates
   RFC7050.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/