Subject: I-D Action: draft-henry-tsvwg-diffserv-to-qci-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 11:39:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Diffserv to QCI Mapping
        Authors         : Jerome Henry
                          Tim Szigeti
                          Luis Miguel Contreras Murillo
	Filename        : draft-henry-tsvwg-diffserv-to-qci-03.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2020-02-18

Abstract:
   As communication devices become more hybrid, smart devices include
   more media-rich communication applications, and the boundaries
   between telecommunication and other applications becomes less clear.
   Simultaneously, as the end-devices become more mobile, application
   traffic transits more often between enterprise networks, the
   Internet, and cellular telecommunication networks, sometimes using
   simultaneously more than one path and network type.  In this context,
   it is crucial that quality of service be aligned between these
   different environments.  However, this is not always the case by
   default, and cellular communication networks use a different QoS
   nomenclature from the Internet and enterprise networks.  This
   document specifies a set of 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
   Quality of Service (QoS) Class Identifiers (QCI) and 5G QoS
   Identifiers (5QI) to Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP)
   mappings, to reconcile the marking recommendations offered by the
   3GPP with the recommendations offered by the IETF, so as to maintain
   a consistent QoS treatment between cellular networks and the
   Internet.  This mapping can be used by enterprises or implementers
   expecting traffic to flow through both types of network, and wishing
   to align the QoS treatment applied to one network under their control
   with the QoS treatment applied to the other network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-henry-tsvwg-diffserv-to-qci/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-henry-tsvwg-diffserv-to-qci-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-henry-tsvwg-diffserv-to-qci-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-henry-tsvwg-diffserv-to-qci-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/