Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 05:07:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Coding for efficient NetWork Communications Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Network coding for satellite systems
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Emmanuel Lochin
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-10.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-02-27

Abstract:
   This document is the product of the Coding for Efficient Network
   Communications Research Group (NWCRG).  It conforms to the directions
   found in the NWCRG taxonomy [RFC8406].  Thus, the scope of the
   document is network coding as a linear combination of packets in and
   above the network layer.  Physical and MAC layer coding are beyond
   the scope of the document.  The draft focuses on a multi-gateway
   satellite system and identifies the use-cases where network coding
   provides significant performance improvements.  The objective is to
   contribute to a larger deployment of network coding techniques in
   SATCOM to complement already implemented loss recovery mechanisms.
   The draft also identifies open research issues related to the
   deployment of network coding in SATCOM systems.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/