Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-limited-domains-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2020 19:06:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Limited Domains and Internet Protocols
        Authors         : Brian Carpenter
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-limited-domains-13.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2020-02-02

Abstract:
   There is a noticeable trend towards network behaviours and semantics
   that are specific to a particular set of requirements applied within
   a limited region of the Internet.  Policies, default parameters, the
   options supported, the style of network management and security
   requirements may vary between such limited regions.  This document
   reviews examples of such limited domains (also known as controlled
   environments), notes emerging solutions, and includes a related
   taxonomy.  It then briefly discusses the standardization of protocols
   for limited domains.  Finally, it shows the needs for a precise
   definition of "limited domain membership" and for mechanisms to allow
   nodes to join a domain securely and to find other members, including
   boundary nodes.

   This document is the product of the research of the authors.  It has
   been produced through discussions and consultation within the IETF,
   but is not the product of IETF conensus.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-limited-domains/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-limited-domains-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-carpenter-limited-domains-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-carpenter-limited-domains-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/