Subject: I-D Action: draft-filsfils-spring-net-pgm-extension-srv6-usid-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 09:17:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Programming extension: SRv6 uSID instruction
        Authors         : Clarence Filsfils
                          Pablo Camarillo
                          Dennis Cai
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Israel Meilik
                          Keyur Patel
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Prem Jonnalagadda
                          David Melman
	Filename        : draft-filsfils-spring-net-pgm-extension-srv6-usid-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-02-25

Abstract:
   The SRv6 "micro segment" (SRv6 uSID or uSID for short) instruction is
   a straightforward extension of the SRv6 Network Programming model:

   o  The SRv6 Control Plane is leveraged without any change

   o  The SRH dataplane encapsulation is leveraged without any change

   o  Any SID in the SID list can carry micro segments

   This enables:

   o  ultra-scale (e.g. multi-domain 5G deployments)

   o  minimum MTU overhead

   o  installed-base reuse

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfils-spring-net-pgm-extension-srv6-usid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-spring-net-pgm-extension-srv6-usid-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-filsfils-spring-net-pgm-extension-srv6-usid-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-filsfils-spring-net-pgm-extension-srv6-usid-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/