Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 05:09:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Advertising IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information with an IPv6 Next Hop
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Swadesh Agrawal
                          Krishna Muddenahally Ananthamurthy
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-02-10

Abstract:
   Multiprotocol BGP (MP-BGP) [RFC4760] specifies that the set of usable
   next-hop address families is determined by the Address Family
   Identifier (AFI) and the Subsequent Address Family Identifier (SAFI).
   The current AFI/SAFI definitions for the IPv4 address family only
   have provisions for advertising a Next Hop address that belongs to
   the IPv4 protocol when advertising IPv4 Network Layer Reachability
   Information (NLRI) or VPN-IPv4 NLRI.  This document specifies the
   extensions necessary to allow advertising IPv4 NLRI or VPN-IPv4 NLRI
   with a Next Hop address that belongs to the IPv6 protocol.  This
   comprises an extension of the AFI/SAFI definitions to allow the
   address of the Next Hop for IPv4 NLRI or VPN-IPv4 NLRI to also belong
   to the IPv6 protocol, the encoding of the Next Hop to determine which
   of the protocols the address actually belongs to, and a new BGP
   Capability allowing MP-BGP Peers to dynamically discover whether they
   can exchange IPv4 NLRI and VPN-IPv4 NLRI with an IPv6 Next Hop.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/