Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 21:50:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Improving the Reaction of Customer Edge Routers to Renumbering Events
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Jan Zorz
                          Richard Patterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-02-19

Abstract:
   In scenarios where network configuration information related to IPv6
   prefixes becomes invalid without any explicit signaling of that
   condition (such as when a Customer Edge Router crashes and reboots
   without knowledge of the previously-employed prefixes), hosts on the
   local network will continue using stale prefixes for an unacceptably
   long period of time, thus resulting in connectivity problems.  This
   document specifies improvements to Customer Edge Routers that help
   mitigate the aforementioned problem for typical residential and small
   office scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/