Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ript-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 11:43:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RealTime Internet Peering for Telephony
        Authors         : Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Anthony Minessale
                          Jason Livingood
                          Justin Uberti
	Filename        : draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ript-00.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2020-02-07

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Realtime Internet Peering for Telephony
   (RIPT) protocol.  RIPT is used to provide peering of voice and video
   communications between entities.  These include a traditional voice
   trunking provider (such as a telco), and a trunking consumer (such as
   an enterprise PBX or contact center), or between a video conferencing
   endpoint deployed in an enterprise, and a video conferencing SaaS
   service.  RIPT is an alternative to SIP, SDP and RTP for these use
   cases, and is designed as a web application using HTTP/3.  Using
   HTTP/3 allows implementors to build their applications on top of
   cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud, all of which
   are heavily focused on HTTP based services.  RIPT also addresses many
   of the challenges of traditional SIP-based peering.  It supports
   modern techniques for load balancing, autoscaling, call-preserving
   failover, graceful call migrations, security by default, STIR-based
   caller ID, provisioning, and capabilities - all of which have been
   challenges with traditional SIP peering and voice trunking.  Since it
   runs over HTTP/3, it works through NATs and firewalls with the same
   ease as HTTP does.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ript/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ript-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ript-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/