Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 17:55:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM Assert Message Packing
        Authors         : Yisong Liu
                          Mike McBride
                          Toerless Eckert
	Filename        : draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-02-05

Abstract:
   In PIM-SM shared LAN networks, there is typically more than one
   upstream router. When duplicate data packets appear on the LAN from
   different routers, assert packets are sent from these routers to
   elect a single forwarder. The PIM assert packets are sent
   periodically to keep the assert state. The PIM assert packet carries
   information about a single multicast source and group, along with
   the metric-preference and metric of the route towards the source or
   RP. This document defines a standard to send and receive multiple
   multicast source and group information in a single PIM assert packet
   in a shared network. This can be particularly helpful when there is
   traffic for a large number of multicast groups.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-pim-assert-packing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/