Subject: I-D Action: draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:52:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : UUID Format Update
        Author          : Brad G. Peabody
	Filename        : draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-02-24

Abstract:
   This document presents a new UUID format (version 6) which is suited
   for use as a database key.

   A common case for modern applications is to create a unique
   identifier to be used as a primary key in a database table that is
   ordered by creation time, difficult to guess and has a compact text
   format.  None of the existing UUID versions fulfill each of these
   requirements.  This document is a proposal to update RFC4122 with a
   new UUID version that addresses these concerns.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/