Subject: I-D Action: draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:56:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Industrial Use Cases for In-Network Computing
        Authors         : Ike Kunze
                          Klaus Wehrle
	Filename        : draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   Cyber-physical systems and the Industrial Internet of Things are
   characterized by diverse sets of requirements which can hardly be
   satisfied using standard networking technology.  One example are
   latency-critical computations which become increasingly complex and
   are consequently outsourced to more powerful cloud platforms for
   feasibility reasons.  The intrinsic physical propagation delay to
   these remote sites can already be too high for given requirements.
   The challenge is to develop techniques that bring together these
   requirements.  Utilizing available computational capabilities within
   the network for in-network computing concepts can be a solution to
   this challenge.  This document discusses selected industrial use
   cases to demonstrate how in-network computing concepts can be applied
   to the industrial domain and to point out essential requirements of
   industrial applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/