Subject: I-D Action: draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:15:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework for Transport Network Slices
        Authors         : Eric Gray
                          John Drake
                          Reza Rokui
                          Dhruv Dhody
	Filename        : draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   This memo discusses setting up special-purpose transport connections
   using existing IETF technologies.  These connections are called
   transport slices for the purposes of this memo.  The memo discusses
   the general framework for this setup, the necessary system components
   and interfaces, and how abstract requests can be mapped to more
   specific technologies.  The memo also discusses related
   considerations with monitoring and security.

   This memo is intended for discussing interfaces and technologies.  It
   is not intended to be a new set of concrete interfaces or
   technologies.  Rather, it should be seen as an explanation of how
   some existing, concrete IETF VPN and traffic-engineering technologies
   can be used to create transport slices.  Note that there are is a
   rather large of these technologies, and new technologies or
   capabilities keep being added.  This memo is also not intended
   presume any particular technology choice.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/