Subject: I-D Action: draft-williams-http-accept-auth-and-redirect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 21:00:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Accept-Auth HTTP Header for 3xx/401 Negotiation, and Redirect Authentication Scheme
        Author          : Nico Williams
	Filename        : draft-williams-http-accept-auth-and-redirect-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-03-28

Abstract:
   The Hyper-Text Transport Protocol (HTTP) offers several
   authentication chemes, but many sites use redirection-based protocols
   to authenticate users.  Some servers are faced with a connundrum,
   having to choose between two mutually-exclusive options: redirect
   responses or 401 (authentication required) responses without knowing
   which the user-agent is most likely to support.

   This document specifies a new HTTP request header, "Accept-Auth",
   that user-agents may use to indicate their authentication
   capabilities, including support (or not) for chasing redirects.  Also
   specified is a new HTTP authentication scheme named Redirect,
   operating via 3xx or 401 responses at the server's choice.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-williams-http-accept-auth-and-redirect/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-williams-http-accept-auth-and-redirect-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-williams-http-accept-auth-and-redirect-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/