Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:21:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual Machine Mobility Solutions for L2 and L3 Overlay Networks
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Tom Herbert
                          Saumya Dikshit
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-10.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2020-03-27

Abstract:
   This document describes virtual machine mobility solutions commonly
   used in data centers built with overlay-based network. This document
   is intended for describing the solutions and the impact of moving
   VMs (or applications) from one Rack to another connected by the
   Overlay networks.

   For layer 2, it is based on using an NVA (Network Virtualization
   Authority) - NVE (Network Virtualization Edge) protocol to update
   ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) table or neighbor cache entries
   after a VM (virtual machine) moves from an Old NVE to a New NVE.
   For Layer 3, it is based on address and connection migration after
   the move.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/