Subject: I-D Action: draft-birkholz-rats-mud-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 16:54:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MUD-Based RATS Resources Discovery
        Author          : Henk Birkholz
	Filename        : draft-birkholz-rats-mud-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   Manufacturer Usage Description (MUD) files and the MUD URI that point
   to them are defined in RFC 8520.  This document introduces a new type
   of MUD file to be delivered in conjunction with a MUD file signature
   and/or to be referenced via a MUD URI embedded in an IEEE 802.1AR
   Secure Device Identifier (DevID).  A DevID is a device specific pub-
   key identity document that can be presented to other entities, e.g. a
   network management system.  If this entity is also a verifier as
   defined by the IETF Remote ATtestation procedureS (RATS)
   architecture, this verifier can use the references found in the MUD
   file specified in this document in order to discover appropriate
   Reference Integrity Measurements (RIM), Endorsement Documents, or
   even globally suitable Remote Attestation Services (RAS).  All three
   types of theses resources are required to conduct RATS.  Hence, the
   MUD file defined in this document enables remote attestation
   procedures by supporting the discovery of these required resources or
   services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birkholz-rats-mud/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birkholz-rats-mud-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birkholz-rats-mud-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/