Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-tcpm-advancing-ack-for-wireless-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 01:59:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Advancing ACK Handling for Wireless Transports
        Authors         : Tong Li
                          Kai Zheng
                          Rahul Arvind Jadhav
                          Jiao Kang
	Filename        : draft-li-tcpm-advancing-ack-for-wireless-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-03-06

Abstract:
   Acknowledgement (ACK) is a basic function and implemented in most of
   the ordered and reliable transport protocols [RFC0793].  Legacy TCP
   ACK is designed with high frequency to guarantee correct interaction
   between sender and receiver.  However, the shared nature of the
   wireless medium over wireless local area network (WLAN) induces
   contention between data transport and backward signaling, such as
   acknowledgement.  The current way of TCP acknowledgment induces
   control overhead which is counter-productive for TCP performance
   especially for WLAN scenarios.

   This document conducts the ACK frequency breakdown, analyzes several
   ways of reducing ACK frequency, and discusses the compatibility
   issues with existing systems in detail.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-tcpm-advancing-ack-for-wireless/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-tcpm-advancing-ack-for-wireless-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-tcpm-advancing-ack-for-wireless-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/