Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 10:10:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Approaches on Supporting IOAM in IPv6
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Shuping Peng
	Filename        : draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-03-03

Abstract:
   It has been proposed to encapsulate IOAM tracing option data fields
   in IPv6 HbH options header.  However, due to size of the trace data
   and its location in the IPv6 header packets, this arrangement creates
   practical challenges for implementation, especially when other
   extension headers, such as routing header, also exist and require in-
   network processing.  We propose several alternative approaches to
   address this challenge, including separating the IOAM trace data to a
   different extension header, using the postcard-based telemetry (e.g.,
   IOAM DEX) instead, and applying the segment IOAM trace export scheme,
   based on the network scenario and application requirements.  We
   discuss the pros and cons of each approach and foster standard
   convergence and industry adoption.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-ioam-ipv6-support-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/