Subject: I-D Action: draft-schinazi-masque-obfuscation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 12:38:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MASQUE Obfuscation
        Author          : David Schinazi
	Filename        : draft-schinazi-masque-obfuscation-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-03-13

Abstract:
   This document describes MASQUE Obfuscation.  MASQUE Obfuscation is a
   mechanism that allows co-locating and obfuscating networking
   applications behind an HTTPS web server.  The currently prevalent
   use-case is to allow running a proxy or VPN server that is
   indistinguishable from an HTTPS server to any unauthenticated
   observer.  We do not expect major providers and CDNs to deploy this
   behind their main TLS certificate, as they are not willing to take
   the risk of getting blocked, as shown when domain fronting was
   blocked.  An expected use would be for individuals to enable this
   behind their personal websites via easy to configure open-source
   software.

   This document is a straw-man proposal.  It does not contain enough
   details to implement the protocol, and is currently intended to spark
   discussions on the approach it is taking.  Discussion of this work is
   encouraged to happen on the MASQUE IETF mailing list [email-masked]
   (mailto:[email-masked]) or on the GitHub repository which contains
   the draft: https://github.com/DavidSchinazi/masque-drafts
   (https://github.com/DavidSchinazi/masque-drafts).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schinazi-masque-obfuscation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schinazi-masque-obfuscation-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-schinazi-masque-obfuscation-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schinazi-masque-obfuscation-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/