Subject: I-D Action: draft-kohno-dmm-srv6mob-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 05:39:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Architecture Discussion on SRv6 Mobile User plane
        Authors         : Miya Kohno
                          Francois Clad
                          Pablo Camarillo
                          Zafar Ali
	Filename        : draft-kohno-dmm-srv6mob-arch-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-03-08

Abstract:
   Layer separation is a powerful concept in system architecture.  In
   the area of mobility, by separating GTP-U that is the overlay tunnel,
   and the IP transport network that is the underlay, the operation of
   the mobile network and the transport network can be separated,
   allowing them to evolve independently.

   However, evolving individually at each layer promotes local
   optimization and may result in non-optimal solutions overall in the
   long run.

   When a drastic architectural transition is required, for example, in
   the 5G era where various SLAs and completely new data intensive
   services are assumed, it is necessary to reconsider the architecture
   holistically, not from the viewpoint of individual part.

   One of important value propositions of SRv6 mobile user plane is to
   create overlay with underlay optimization.

   This document discusses the architecture implication of applying SRv6
   mobile user plane.  Then it takes 5G use cases as an example, and
   describes how these use cases are simply and effectively realized.
   Thus it shows that SRv6 mobile use plane is a right architectural
   choice for 5G era.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kohno-dmm-srv6mob-arch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kohno-dmm-srv6mob-arch-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kohno-dmm-srv6mob-arch-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kohno-dmm-srv6mob-arch-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/