Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-loops-srv6-binding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 09:48:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Embedding LOOPS in SRv6
        Authors         : Jianglong Wang
                          Shizhong Nie
                          Bo Lei
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-wang-loops-srv6-binding-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   LOOPS (Local Optimizations on Path Segments) aims to provide local
   in-network loss recovery.  It can be used with tunneling protocols to
   efficiently recover lost packets on a single segment of an end-to-end
   path instead of leaving recovery to the end-to-end protocol,
   traversing the entire path.

   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing mechanisms and
   steers the packets through an policy instantiated as an ordered list
   of instructions called segments.  LOOPS can be embedded in an SR
   segment to improve the packet recovery. draft-welzl-loops-gen-info
   defines the generic information model, without binding that to any
   specific protocols, to be carried between LOOPS ingress and egress
   nodes, which can be SR segment endpoints.  This document specifies
   the concrete mechanisms to embed LOOPS in SRv6 segment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-loops-srv6-binding/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-loops-srv6-binding-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-loops-srv6-binding-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/