Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 08:23:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Measurement WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multipoint Alternate Marking method for passive and hybrid performance monitoring
        Authors         : Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Mauro Cociglio
                          Amedeo Sapio
                          Riccardo Sisto
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-09.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2020-03-23

Abstract:
   The Alternate Marking method, as presented in RFC 8321, can be
   applied only to point-to-point flows because it assumes that all the
   packets of the flow measured on one node are measured again by a
   single second node.  This document generalizes and expands this
   methodology to measure any kind of unicast flows, whose packets can
   follow several different paths in the network, in wider terms a
   multipoint-to-multipoint network.  For this reason the technique here
   described is called Multipoint Alternate Marking.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/