Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 06:31:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Sender Control of Delayed Acknowledgments in TCP: Problem Statement, Requirements and Analysis of Potential Solutions
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Jon Crowcroft
	Filename        : draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-03-26

Abstract:
   TCP Delayed Acknowledgments (ACKs) allow reducing protocol overhead
   in many scenarios.  However, in some cases, Delayed ACKs may
   significantly degrade network and device performance in terms of link
   utilization, latency, memory usage and/or energy consumption.  This
   document presents the problem statement regarding sender control of
   Delayed ACKs in TCP.  The document discusses the scenarios and use
   cases in which sender control of Delayed ACKs offers advantages.
   Then, requirements for a potential solution are derived.  Finally, a
   number of potential solutions are discussed, based on the
   requirements, and also considering pros and cons in each case.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/