Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 13:46:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules
        Authors         : Christoph Loibl
                          Susan Hares
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Danny McPherson
                          Martin Bacher
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-20.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2020-03-10

Abstract:
   This document defines a Border Gateway Protocol Network Layer
   Reachability Information (BGP NLRI) encoding format that can be used
   to distribute traffic Flow Specifications.  This allows the routing
   system to propagate information regarding more specific components of
   the traffic aggregate defined by an IP destination prefix.

   It also specifies BGP Extended Community encoding formats, that can
   be used to propagate Traffic Filtering Actions along with the Flow
   Specification NLRI.  Those Traffic Filtering Actions encode actions a
   routing system can take if the packet matches the Flow Specification.

   Additionally, it defines two applications of that encoding format:
   one that can be used to automate inter-domain coordination of traffic
   filtering, such as what is required in order to mitigate
   (distributed) denial-of-service attacks, and a second application to
   provide traffic filtering in the context of a BGP/MPLS VPN service.
   Other applications (ie. centralized control of traffic in a SDN or
   NFV context) are also possible.  Other documents may specify Flow
   Specification extensions.

   The information is carried via BGP, thereby reusing protocol
   algorithms, operational experience, and administrative processes such
   as inter-provider peering agreements.

   This document obsoletes both RFC5575 and RFC7674.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-20
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-20

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/