Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-tls-cbor-cert-compress-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 13:19:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CBOR Certificate Algorithm for TLS Certificate Compression
        Authors         : John Preuss Mattsson
                          Göran Selander
                          Shahid Raza
                          Joel Höglund
                          Martin Furuhed
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-tls-cbor-cert-compress-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   Certificate chains often take up the majority of the bytes
   transmitted in TLS handshakes.  Large handshakes can cause problems,
   particularly in constrained IoT environments.  RFC 7925 defines a TLS
   certificate profile for constrained IoT.  General purpose compression
   algorithms can in many cases not compress RFC 7925 profiled
   certificates at all.  By using the fact that the certificates are
   profiled, the CBOR certificate compression algorithms can in many
   cases compress RFC 7925 profiled certificates with over 50%. This
   document specifies the CBOR certificate compression algorithm for use
   with TLS Certificate Compression in TLS 1.3 and DTLS 1.3.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-tls-cbor-cert-compress/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-tls-cbor-cert-compress-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mattsson-tls-cbor-cert-compress-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/