Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rift-rift-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 10:51:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing In Fat Trees WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RIFT: Routing in Fat Trees
        Authors         : Tony Przygienda
                          Alankar Sharma
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Bruno Rijsman
                          Dmitry Afanasiev
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rift-rift-11.txt
	Pages           : 162
	Date            : 2020-03-10

Abstract:
   This document defines a specialized, dynamic routing protocol for
   Clos and fat-tree network topologies optimized towards minimization
   of configuration and operational complexity.  The protocol

   o  deals with no configuration, fully automated construction of fat-
      tree topologies based on detection of links,

   o  minimizes the amount of routing state held at each level,

   o  automatically prunes and load balances topology flooding exchanges
      over a sufficient subset of links,

   o  supports automatic disaggregation of prefixes on link and node
      failures to prevent black-holing and suboptimal routing,

   o  allows traffic steering and re-routing policies,

   o  allows loop-free non-ECMP forwarding,

   o  automatically re-balances traffic towards the spines based on
      bandwidth available and finally

   o  provides mechanisms to synchronize a limited key-value data-store
      that can be used after protocol convergence to e.g.  bootstrap
      higher levels of functionality on nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rift-rift/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rift-rift-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rift-rift-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rift-rift-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/