Subject: I-D Action: draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 14:30:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Real-time text media handling in multi-party conferences
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2020-03-03

Abstract:
   This memo specifies methods for Real-Time Text (RTT) media handling
   in multi-party calls.  The main RTT transport is to carry Real-Time
   text by the RTP protocol in a time-sampled mode according to RFC 4103
   RFC 4103 [RFC4103] .  The mechanisms enable the receiving application
   to present the received real-time text medium separated per source,
   in different ways according to user preferences.  Some presentation
   related features are also described explaining suitable variations of
   transmission and presentation of text.

   Call control features are described for the SIP environment.  A
   number of alternative methods for providing the multi-party
   negotiation, transmission and presentation are discussed and a
   recommendation for the main one is provided.  The main solution for
   centralized multi-party handling of real-time text is achieved
   through a media control unit coordinating multiple RTP text streams
   into one RTP stream.

   Alternative methods using a single RTP stream and source
   identification inline in the text stream are also described, one of
   them being provided as a lower functionality fallback method for
   endpoints with no multi-party awareness for RTT.

   Bridging methods where the text stream is carried untouched by the
   bridge are also discussed.

   Brief information is also provided for multi-party RTT in the WebRTC
   environment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/