Subject: I-D Action: draft-kunze-coinrg-transport-issues-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 11:11:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transport Protocol Issues of In-Network Computing Systems
        Authors         : Ike Kunze
                          Klaus Wehrle
	Filename        : draft-kunze-coinrg-transport-issues-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   Today's transport protocols offer a variety of functionality based on
   the notion that the network is to be treated as an unreliable
   communication medium.  Some, like TCP, establish a reliable
   connection on top of the unreliable network while others, like UDP,
   simply transmit datagrams without a connection and without guarantees
   into the network.  These fundamental differences in functionality
   have a significant impact on how COIN approaches can be designed and
   implemented.  Furthermore, traditional transport protocols are not
   designed for the multi-party communication principles that underlie
   many COIN approaches.  This document discusses selected
   characteristics of transport protocols which have to be adapted to
   support COIN functionality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kunze-coinrg-transport-issues/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kunze-coinrg-transport-issues-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kunze-coinrg-transport-issues-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kunze-coinrg-transport-issues-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/