Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-iccrg-ledbat-plus-plus-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 11:44:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Congestion Control RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : LEDBAT++: Congestion Control for Background Traffic
        Authors         : Praveen Balasubramanian
                          Osman Ertugay
                          Daniel Havey
	Filename        : draft-irtf-iccrg-ledbat-plus-plus-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-03-01

Abstract:
   This informational memo describes LEDBAT++, a set of enhancements to
   the LEDBAT (Low Extra Delay Background Transport) congestion control
   algorithm for background traffic.  The LEDBAT congestion control
   algorithm has several shortcomings that prevent it from working
   effectively in practice.  LEDBAT++ extends LEDBAT by adding a set of
   improvements, including reduced congestion window gain, modified
   slow-start, multiplicative decrease and periodic slowdowns.  This set
   of improvement mitigates the known issues with the LEDBAT algorithm,
   such as latency drift, latecomer advantage and inter-LEDBAT fairness.
   LEDBAT++ has been implemented as a TCP congestion control algorithm
   in the Windows operating system.  LEDBAT++ has been deployed in
   production at scale on a variety of networks and been experimentally
   verified to achieve the original stated goals of LEDBAT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-iccrg-ledbat-plus-plus/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-iccrg-ledbat-plus-plus-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-iccrg-ledbat-plus-plus-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/