Subject: I-D Action: draft-fanf-dnsop-sha-ll-not-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 15:55:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Hardening DNSSEC against collision weaknesses in SHA-1 and other cryptographic hash algorithms
        Author          : Tony Finch
	Filename        : draft-fanf-dnsop-sha-ll-not-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   DNSSEC deployments have often used the SHA-1 cryptographic hash
   algorithm to provide authentication of DNS data.  This document
   explains why SHA-1 is no longer secure for this purpose, and
   deprecates its use in DNSSEC signatures.  This document updates RFC
   8624.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fanf-dnsop-sha-ll-not/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fanf-dnsop-sha-ll-not-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fanf-dnsop-sha-ll-not-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/