Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 05:02:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delayed Acknowledgments Suppression: Problem Statement, Requirements and Analysis of Potential Solutions
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Jon Crowcroft
	Filename        : draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-03-07

Abstract:
   Delayed Acknowledgments (ACKs) allow reducing protocol overhead in
   many scenarios.  However, in some cases, Delayed ACKs may
   significantly degrade network and device performance in terms of link
   utilization, latency, memory usage and/or energy consumption.  This
   document presents the problem statement regarding Delayed ACKs
   suppression.  The document discusses the scenarios and use cases in
   which Delayed ACKs suppression offers advantages.  Then, requirements
   for a potential solution are derived.  Finally, a number of potential
   solutions are discussed, based on the requirements, and also
   considering pros and cons in each case.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/