Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 20:26:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : GMPLS Signaling Extensions for Shared Mesh Protection
        Authors         : Jia He
                          Italo Busi
                          Jeong-dong Ryoo
                          Bin Yeong Yoon
                          Peter Park
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-03-08

Abstract:
   ITU-T Recommendation G.808.3 [G808.3] defines the generic aspects of
   a Shared Mesh Protection (SMP) mechanism, where the difference
   between SMP and Shared Mesh Restoration (SMR) is also identified.
   ITU-T Recommendation G.873.3 [G873.3] defines the protection
   switching operation and associated protocol for SMP at the Optical
   Data Unit (ODU) layer.  RFC 7412 [RFC7412] provides requirements for
   any mechanism that would be used to implement SMP in a Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching - Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) network.

   This document updates RFC 4872 [RFC4872] to provide the extensions to
   the Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling to
   support the control of the shared mesh protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/