Subject: I-D Action: draft-swett-nwcrg-coding-for-quic-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 07:15:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Coding for QUIC
        Authors         : Ian Swett
                          Marie-Jose Montpetit
                          Vincent Roca
                          Francois Michel
	Filename        : draft-swett-nwcrg-coding-for-quic-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   This document focuses on the integration of FEC coding in the QUIC
   transport protocol, in order to recover from packet losses.  This
   document does not specify any FEC code but defines mechanisms to
   negotiate and integrate FEC Schemes in QUIC.  By using proactive loss
   recovery, it is expected to improve QUIC performance in sessions
   impacted by packet losses.  More precisely it is expected to improve
   QUIC performance with real-time sessions (since FEC coding makes
   packet loss recovery insensitive to the round trip time), with short
   sessions (since FEC coding can help recovering from tail losses more
   rapidely than through retransmissions), with multicast sessions
   (since the same repair packet can recover several different losses at
   several receivers), and with multipath sessions (since repair packets
   add diversity and flexibility).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-swett-nwcrg-coding-for-quic/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-swett-nwcrg-coding-for-quic-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-swett-nwcrg-coding-for-quic-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-swett-nwcrg-coding-for-quic-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/