Subject: I-D Action: draft-paine-smart-indicators-of-compromise-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 03:17:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Indicators of Compromise (IoCs) and Their Role in Attack Defence
        Authors         : Kirsty Paine
                          Ollie Whitehouse
	Filename        : draft-paine-smart-indicators-of-compromise-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-03-06

Abstract:
   Indicators of Compromise (IoCs) are an important technique in attack
   defence (often called cyber defence).  This document outlines the
   different types of IoC, their associated benefits and limitations,
   and discusses their effective use.  It also contextualises the role
   of IoCs in defending against attacks through describing a recent case
   study.  This draft does not pre-suppose where IoCs can be found or
   should be detected - as they can be discovered and deployed in
   networks, endpoints or elsewhere - rather, engineers should be aware
   that they need to be detectable (either by endpoint security
   appliances or network-based defences, or ideally both) to be
   effective.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paine-smart-indicators-of-compromise/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paine-smart-indicators-of-compromise-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-paine-smart-indicators-of-compromise-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/