Subject: I-D Action: draft-talpey-rdma-commit-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:40:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RDMA Extensions for Enhanced Memory Placement
        Authors         : Tom Talpey
                          Tony Hurson
                          Gaurav Agarwal
                          Tom Reu
	Filename        : draft-talpey-rdma-commit-01.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   This document specifies extensions to RDMA (Remote Direct Memory
   Access) protocols to provide capabilities in support of enhanced
   remotely-directed data placement on persistent memory-addressable
   devices.  The extensions include new operations supporting remote
   commitment to persistence of remotely-managed buffers, which can
   provide enhanced guarantees and improve performance for low-latency
   storage applications.  In addition to, and in support of these,
   extensions to local behaviors are described, which may be used to
   guide implementation, and to ease adoption.  This document updates
   RFC5040 (Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol (RDMAP)) and updates
   RFC7306 (RDMA Protocol Extensions).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-talpey-rdma-commit/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-talpey-rdma-commit-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-talpey-rdma-commit-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-talpey-rdma-commit-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/