Subject: I-D Action: draft-piraux-quic-plugins-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 07:51:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC Plugins
        Authors         : Maxime Piraux
                          Quentin De Coninck
                          Francois Michel
                          Florentin Rochet
                          Olivier Bonaventure
	Filename        : draft-piraux-quic-plugins-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   The extensibility of Internet protocols is a key factor to their
   success.  Yet, their implementations are often not designed with
   agility in mind.  In this document, we leverage the features of the
   QUIC protocol and propose a solution to dynamically extend QUIC
   implementations.  Our solution relies on QUIC Plugins that allow
   tuning and extending the QUIC protocol on a per-connection basis.
   These platform-independent plugins are executed inside a sandboxed
   environment which can be included in QUIC implementations.  We
   describe how such plugins can be used in different use cases.

   This document is a straw-man proposal.  It aims at sparking
   discussions on the proposed approach.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-piraux-quic-plugins/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-piraux-quic-plugins-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-piraux-quic-plugins-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/