Subject: I-D Action: draft-lazanski-protocol-sec-design-model-t-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 09:08:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Security Considerations for Protocol Designers
        Author          : Dominique Lazanski
	Filename        : draft-lazanski-protocol-sec-design-model-t-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
  This document is a non-exhaustive set of considerations for protocol
  designers and implementers with regards to attack defence. These
  considerations can be used as an aid to analyse protocol design
  choice and in turn to help combat threats and defend users of these
  protocols and systems against malicious attacks.

  First, we list well-known classes of attacks that pose threats, with
  relevant case studies and descriptions. Next, we give a list of
  defence measures against these attacks to be considered when
  designing and deploying protocols. Naturally, deployments of
  protocols vary greatly between use cases; therefore, some attacks and
  defensive measures outlined may require more consideration than
  others, dependent on use case.

  This RFC can be used by protocol designers to write the Security
  Considerations section in an RFC. The impact on attack defence of a
  protocol should be considered in multiple use cases across the
  multiple layers of the internet in its this section. Defence against
  malicious attacks can be improved and it can be weakened by design
  features of protocols. Designers should acknowledge the role of
  protocols in attack prevention, detection and mitigation; this
  document aims to be a useful guide in doing so.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lazanski-protocol-sec-design-model-t/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lazanski-protocol-sec-design-model-t-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lazanski-protocol-sec-design-model-t-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/