Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-masque-quic-substrate-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 10:15:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases and Requirements for QUIC as a Substrate
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
                          Thomas Fossati
                          Lucas Pardue
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-masque-quic-substrate-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   In situations where direct connectivity is not available or desired,
   proxies in the network are used to forward and potentially translate
   traffic.  TCP is often used as a proxying or tunneling protocol.
   QUIC is a new, emerging transport protocol and there is a similar
   expectation that it too will be used as a substrate once it is widely
   deployed.  Using QUIC instead of TCP in existing scenarios will allow
   proxying and tunneling services to maintain the benefits of QUIC
   natively, without degrading the performance and security
   characteristics.  QUIC also opens up new opportunities for these
   services to have lower latency and better multistreaming support.
   This document summarizes current and future usage scenarios to derive
   requirements for QUIC as a substrate and to provide additional
   considerations for proxy signaling and control protocol as proposed
   by MASQUE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-masque-quic-substrate/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-masque-quic-substrate-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuehlewind-masque-quic-substrate-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/