Subject: I-D Action: draft-west-cookie-incrementalism-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 00:39:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Incrementally Better Cookies
        Author          : Mike West
	Filename        : draft-west-cookie-incrementalism-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-03-15

Abstract:
   This document proposes a few changes to cookies inspired by the
   properties of the HTTP State Tokens mechanism proposed in
   [I-D.west-http-state-tokens].  First, cookies should be treated as
   "SameSite=Lax" by default.  Second, cookies that explicitly assert
   "SameSite=None" in order to enable cross-site delivery should also be
   marked as "Secure".  Third, same-site should take the scheme of the
   sites into account.  Fourth, cookies should respect schemes.  Fifth,
   cookies associated with non-secure schemes should be removed at the
   end of a user's session.  Sixth, the definition of a session should
   be tightened.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-west-cookie-incrementalism/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-cookie-incrementalism-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-west-cookie-incrementalism-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-west-cookie-incrementalism-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/