Subject: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-bikeshed-length-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 18:27:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Advisory Content-Length for HTTP
        Author          : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-nottingham-bikeshed-length-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-03-17

Abstract:
   The HTTP Content-Length header field is overloaded with (at least)
   two duties: message delimitation in HTTP/1, and metadata about the
   length of an incoming request body to the software handling it.

   This causes confusion, and sometimes problems.  This document
   proposes a new header to untangle these semantics (at least
   partially).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-bikeshed-length/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-bikeshed-length-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nottingham-bikeshed-length-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/