Subject: I-D Action: draft-ucarion-json-type-definition-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:24:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : JSON Type Definition
        Author          : Ulysse Carion
	Filename        : draft-ucarion-json-type-definition-01.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2020-03-22

Abstract:
   This document proposes a format, called JSON Type Definition (JTD),
   for describing the shape of JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)
   messages.  Its main goals are to enable code generation from schemas
   as well as portable validation with standardized error indicators.
   To this end, JTD is intentionally limited to be no more expressive
   than the type systems of mainstream programming languages.  This
   intentional limitation, as well as the decision to make JTD schemas
   be JSON documents, makes tooling atop of JTD easier to build.

   This document does not have IETF consensus and is presented here to
   facilitate experimentation with the concept of JTD.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ucarion-json-type-definition/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ucarion-json-type-definition-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ucarion-json-type-definition-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ucarion-json-type-definition-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/