Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-lsr-dynamic-flooding-algorithm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 10:16:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Algorithm for Computing Dynamic Flooding Topologies
        Authors         : Sarah Chen
                          Tony Li
	Filename        : draft-chen-lsr-dynamic-flooding-algorithm-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-03-03

Abstract:
   Link-state routing protocols suffer from excessive flooding in dense
   network topologies.  Dynamic flooding [I-D.ietf-lsr-dynamic-flooding]
   alleviates the problem by decoupling the flooding topology from the
   physical topology.  Link-state protocol updates are flooded only on
   the sparse flooding topology while data traffic is still forwarded on
   the physical topology.

   This document describes an algorithm to obtain a sparse subgraph from
   a dense graph.  The resulting subgraph has certain desirable
   properties and can be used as a flooding topology in dynamic
   flooding.

   This document discloses the algorithm that we have developed in order
   to make it easier for other developers to implement similar
   algorithms.  We do not claim that our algorithm is optimal, rather it
   is a pragmatic effort and we expect that further research and
   refinement can improve the results.

   We are not proposing that this algorithm be standardized, nor that
   the working group use this as a basis for further standardization
   work, however we have no objections if the working group chooses to
   do so.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-lsr-dynamic-flooding-algorithm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-lsr-dynamic-flooding-algorithm-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-lsr-dynamic-flooding-algorithm-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/