Subject: I-D Action: draft-decraene-spring-srv6-vlsid-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 09:15:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SRv6 vSID: Network Programming extension for variable length SIDs
        Authors         : Bruno Decraene
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Cheng Li
	Filename        : draft-decraene-spring-srv6-vlsid-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   This document proposes an extension to Segment Routing IPv6 (SRv6)
   Network Programming to allow for SRv6 Segment Identifier (SID) of
   smaller variable length.  The use of smaller SRv6 SID reduces the
   size the SRv6 Header (SRH).  This reduces the overhead for both the
   traffic volume and the network processor.  It is a straightforward
   extension to the SRv6 Network Programming model and its SRH
   encapsulation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-decraene-spring-srv6-vlsid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-decraene-spring-srv6-vlsid-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-decraene-spring-srv6-vlsid-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-decraene-spring-srv6-vlsid-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/