Subject: I-D Action: draft-blake-explu-dscp-rec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 21:49:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Recommendations for Forwarding Packets Marked with EXP/LU DSCPs in Diffserv Networks
        Author          : Steven Blake
	Filename        : draft-blake-explu-dscp-rec-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-04-25

Abstract:
   Some network operators implementing Diffserv are purported to remark
   some IP packets with non-zero DSCP values to the default DSCP value
   '000000' at their ingress network boundaries.  This behavior is often
   not strictly necessary to protect an operator's network resources,
   and it impedes end-to-end experimentation of new differentiated
   services.  This document recommends that Diffserv network operators
   refrain from remarking packets received with an EXP/LU DSCP value
   [RFC2474][RFC8436] that is not in use within the operator's network,
   and recommends that operators forward these packets at each Diffserv
   node (DS-node) using the Default "best-effort" PHB.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-blake-explu-dscp-rec/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-blake-explu-dscp-rec-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-blake-explu-dscp-rec-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/