Subject: I-D Action: draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 22:56:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Server Selection: DNS Server Information with Assertion Token
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2020-04-09

Abstract:
   The document defines a mechanism that allows communication of DNS
   resolver information to DNS clients for use in selection decisions.
   In particular, the document defines a mechanism for a DNS server to
   communicate its filtering policy and privacy statement URL to DNS
   clients.  This information is cryptographically signed to attest its
   authenticity.  Such information is used for the selection of DNS
   resolvers.  Typically, evaluating the DNS privacy statement,
   filtering policy, and the signatory, DNS clients with minimum human
   intervention can select the DNS server that best supports the user's
   desired privacy and filtering policy.

   This assertion is useful for DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS servers
   that are either public resolvers or are discovered in a local
   network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/