Subject: I-D Action: draft-andrews-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 01:08:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Glue In DNS Referral Responses Is Not Optional
        Author          : M. Andrews
	Filename        : draft-andrews-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2020-04-16

Abstract:
   The DNS uses glue records to allow iterative clients to find the
   addresses of nameservers that live within the delegated zone.  Glue
   records are expected to be returned as part of a referral and if they
   cannot be fitted into the UDP response, TC=1 MUST be set to inform
   the client that the response is incomplete and that TCP SHOULD be
   used to retrieve the full response.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andrews-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andrews-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-andrews-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-andrews-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/