Subject: I-D Action: draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 16:09:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 over Link-Local Discovery Protocol
        Authors         : Michael Richardson
                          Liang Xia (Frank)
	Filename        : draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-04.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-04-07

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism to encapsulate IPv6 packets over
   the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP).  The LLDP is a single
   layer-two protocol with its own ethertype.  It is never forwarded,
   which is a desireable property when building the IPv6-over-IPsec-
   over-IPv6-Link-Local tunnels that make up the ANIMA Autonomic Control
   Plane (ACP).

   This unorthodox encapsulation avoids unwanted interactions between
   the ACP packets and native packet forwarding engines, as well as
   being safe for layer-2 switches which might otherwise have no IPv6
   capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/