Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 12:30:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements for Time-Based Loss Detection
        Author          : Mark Allman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-11.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-04-30

Abstract:
    Many protocols must detect packet loss for various reasons (e.g., to
    ensure reliability using retransmissions or to understand the level
    of congestion along a network path).  While many mechanisms have
    been designed to detect loss, protocols ultimately can only count on
    the passage of time without delivery confirmation to declare a
    packet "lost".  Each implementation of a time-based loss detection
    mechanism represents a balance between correctness and timeliness
    and therefore no implementation suits all situations.  This document
    provides high-level requirements for time-based loss detectors
    appropriate for general use in the Internet.  Within the
    requirements, implementations have latitude to define particulars
    that best address each situation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/