Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 10:32:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Control Block Interdependence
        Authors         : Joe Touch
                          Michael Welzl
                          Safiqul Islam
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2020-04-24

Abstract:
   This memo provides guidance to TCP implementers that are intended to
   help improve convergence to steady-state operation without affecting
   interoperability. It updates and replaces RFC 2140's description of
   interdependent TCP control blocks and the ways that part of TCP
   state can be shared among similar concurrent or consecutive
   connections. TCP state includes a combination of parameters, such as
   connection state, current round-trip time estimates, congestion
   control information, and process information. Most of this state is
   maintained on a per-connection basis in the TCP Control Block (TCB),
   but implementations can (and do) share certain TCB information
   across connections to the same host. Such sharing is intended to
   improve overall transient transport performance, while maintaining
   backward-compatibility with existing implementations. The sharing
   described herein is limited to only the TCB initialization and so
   has no effect on the long-term behavior of TCP after a connection
   has been established.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/