Subject: I-D Action: draft-white-distoptflood-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 10:24:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS Optimal Distributed Flooding for Dense Topologies
        Authors         : Russ White
                          Shraddha Hegde
                          Shawn Zandi
	Filename        : draft-white-distoptflood-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-04-03

Abstract:
   In dense topologies, such as data center fabrics based on the Clos
   and butterfly fabric topologies, flooding mechanisms designed for
   sparse topologies, when used in these dense topologies, can
   "overflood," or carry too many copies of topology and reachability to
   fabric devices.  This results in slower convergence times and higher
   resource utilization.  The modifications to the flooding mechanism in
   the Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) link state
   protocol described in this document reduce resource utilization to a
   minimum, while increaseing convergence performance in dense
   topologies.

   Note that a Clos fabric is used as the primary example of a desne
   flooding topology throughout this document.  However, the flooding
   optimizations described in this document apply to any dense topology.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-distoptflood/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-white-distoptflood-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-white-distoptflood-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-white-distoptflood-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/