Subject: I-D Action: draft-nandy-singla-utkarsh-pim-mcast-path-mtu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 05:44:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast Path MTU
        Authors         : Tathagata Nandy
                          Nitin Singla
	Filename        : draft-nandy-singla-utkarsh-pim-mcast-path-mtu-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-04-19

Abstract:
   Path MTU discovery (rfc1191) is a standard technique to determine
   the supported MTU between two Internet Protocol (IP) hosts to avoid
   any fragmentation. In a multicast distribution tree, source will
   not know where the receivers are located. So the technique used to
   compute the path MTU for a unicast stream does not work in a
   multicast network.  This document describes a method to discover
   multicast path MTU with the goal to avoid traffic loss. This
   solution also aims to solve the problem of traffic loss in for
   multicast streams because of incorrect MTU setting and no path MTU
   support for multicast networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nandy-singla-utkarsh-pim-mcast-path-mtu/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nandy-singla-utkarsh-pim-mcast-path-mtu-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nandy-singla-utkarsh-pim-mcast-path-mtu-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/