Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ice-pac-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 07:02:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Interactive Connectivity Establishment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Interactive Connectivity Establishment Patiently Awaiting Connectivity (ICE PAC)
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Justin Uberti
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ice-pac-05.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-04-24

Abstract:
   During the process of establishing peer-to-peer connectivity, ICE
   agents can encounter situations where they have no candidate pairs to
   check, and, as a result, conclude that ICE processing has failed.
   However, because additional candidate pairs can be discovered during
   ICE processing, declaring failure at this point may be premature.
   This document discusses when these situations can occur and updates
   RFC8445 and RFC XXXX by requiring that an ICE agent wait a minimum
   amount of time before declaring ICE failure, even if there are no
   candidate pairs left to check.

   [RFC EDITOR NOTE: Please replace RFC XXXX with the RFC number of
   draft-ietf-ice-trickle once it has been published.  Please also
   indicate that this specification updates RFC XXXX.]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-pac/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ice-pac-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ice-pac-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ice-pac-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/