Subject: I-D Action: draft-dunglas-vulcain-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 03:44:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Vulcain Protocol
        Author          : Kévin Dunglas
	Filename        : draft-dunglas-vulcain-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-04-03

Abstract:
   This specification defines new HTTP headers (and query parameters)
   allowing a client to inform the server of the exact data it needs:

   *  "Preload" informs the server that relations of the main requested
      resource will be necessary.  The server can then reduce the number
      of round-trips by sending the related resources ahead of time
      using HTTP/2 [RFC7540] Server Push.  When using Server Push isn't
      possible (resources served by a different authority, server not
      supporting HTTP/2...), the server can hint the client to fetch
      those resources as early as possible by using the "preload" link
      relation [W3C.CR-preload-20171026] and the "103" status code
      [RFC8297].

   *  "Fields" informs the server of the list of fields of the retrieved
      resources that will be used.  In order to improve performance and
      reduce bandwidth usage, the server can omit the fields not
      requested.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dunglas-vulcain/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dunglas-vulcain-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dunglas-vulcain-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/