Subject: I-D Action: draft-mankamana-pim-bdr-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 10:26:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM Backup Designated Router Procedure
        Authors         : Mankamana Mishra
                          Joseph Goh
                          Gyan S. Mishra
	Filename        : draft-mankamana-pim-bdr-04.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-04-27

Abstract:
   On a multi-access network, one of the PIM routers is elected as a
   Designated Router (DR).  On the last hop LAN, the PIM DR is
   responsible for tracking local multicast listeners and forwarding
   traffic to these listeners if the group is operating in PIM-SM.  In
   this document, we propose a mechanism to elect backup DR on a shared
   LAN.  A backup DR on LAN would be useful for faster convergence.
   This draft introduces the concept of a Backup Designated Router (BDR)
   and the procedure to implement it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mankamana-pim-bdr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mankamana-pim-bdr-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mankamana-pim-bdr-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mankamana-pim-bdr-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/