Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 12:54:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In-situ Flow Information Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Huanan Chen
                          Jaehwan Jin
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-12.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2020-04-14

Abstract:
   As networks increase in scale and network operations become more
   sophisticated, traditional Operation, Administration and Maintenance
   (OAM) methods, which include proactive and reactive techniques,
   running in active and passive modes, are no longer sufficient to meet
   the monitoring and measurement requirements.  Emerging on-path
   telemetry techniques which provide high-precision flow insight and
   real-time issue notification are required to ensure suitable quality
   of experience for users and applications, and identify faults or
   network deficiencies before they become critical.

   This document outlines a high-level framework to provide an
   operational environment that utilizes existing and emerging on-path
   telemetry techniques to enable the collection and correlation of
   performance information from the network.  The framework identifies
   the components that are needed to coordinate the existing protocol
   tools and telemetry mechanisms, and addresses key deployment
   challenges for flow-oriented on-path telemetry techniques, especially
   in carrier networks.

   The framework is informational and intended to guide system designers
   attempting to use the referenced techniques as well as to motivate
   further work to enhance the ecosystem .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/