Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 12:59:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Secure Device Install
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Colin Doyle
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-10.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2020-05-11

Abstract:
   Deploying a new network device in a location where the operator has
   no staff of its own often requires that an employee physically travel
   to the location to perform the initial install and configuration,
   even in shared datacenters with "smart-hands" type support.  In many
   cases, this could be avoided if there were a secure way to initially
   provision the device.

   This document extends existing auto-install / Zero-Touch Provisioning
   mechanisms to make the process more secure.

   [ Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.  This document is
   being collaborated on in Github at: https://github.com/wkumari/draft-
   wkumari-opsawg-sdi.  The most recent version of the document, open
   issues, etc should all be available here.  The authors (gratefully)
   accept pull requests. ]

   [ Ed note: This document introduces concepts and serves as the basic
   for discussion - because of this, it is conversational, and would
   need to be firmed up before being published ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/