Subject: I-D Action: draft-lencse-bmwg-rfc2544-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 00:32:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Upgrade to Benchmarking Methodology for Network Interconnect Devices
        Authors         : Gabor Lencse
                          Keiichi Shima
	Filename        : draft-lencse-bmwg-rfc2544-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-05-20

Abstract:
   RFC 2544 has defined a benchmarking methodology for network
   interconnect devices.  We recommend a few upgrades to it for
   producing more reasonable results.  The recommended upgrades can be
   classified into two categories: the application of the novelties of
   RFC 8219 for the legacy RFC 2544 use cases and the following new
   ones.  Checking a reasonably small timeout individually for every
   single frame in the throughput and frame loss rate benchmarking
   procedures.  Performing a statistically relevant number of tests for
   all benchmarking procedures.  Addition of an optional non-zero frame
   loss acceptance criterion for the throughput measurement procedure
   and defining its reporting format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lencse-bmwg-rfc2544-bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lencse-bmwg-rfc2544-bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lencse-bmwg-rfc2544-bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/