Subject: I-D Action: draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 11:10:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Name Autoconfiguration for Internet-of-Things Devices in IP-Based Vehicular Networks
        Authors         : Jaehoon Paul Jeong
                          Sejun Lee
                          Jung-Soo Park
	Filename        : draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-08.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-05-07

Abstract:
   This document specifies an autoconfiguration scheme for device
   discovery and service discovery in IP-based vehicular networks.
   Through the device discovery, this document supports the global (or
   local) DNS naming of Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices, such as
   sensors, actuators, and in-vehicle units.  By this scheme, the DNS
   name of an IoT device can be autoconfigured with the device's model
   information in wired and wireless target networks (e.g., vehicle,
   road network, home, office, shopping mall, and smart grid).  Through
   the service discovery, IoT users (e.g., drivers, passengers, home
   residents, and customers) in the Internet (or local network) can
   easily identify each device for monitoring and remote-controlling it
   in a target network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/