Subject: I-D Action: draft-geng-iac-caba-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 07:40:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Efficient Implementation Method for Loop-free Criterion
        Authors         : Haijun Geng
                          Han Zhang
                          Xingang Shi
                          Zhiliang Wang
                          Xia Yin
	Filename        : draft-geng-iac-caba-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-05-12

Abstract:
   [RFC5286] introduces Loop-Free Criterion (LFC) in detail, which is a
   technology for local fast rerouting when network failures occur.
   With LFC, alternate next hops are stored alongside with the default
   next hops in a routers forwarding table, and can be immediately
   activated to invoke a loop free repair path in face of link failure.
   As long as not introducing routing loops, these alternative next hops
   can also be used for multipath transmission if there are stringent
   demands on bandwidth or load balancing.  However, in such link state
   networks, computing loop free alternates typically requires one or
   more rounds of full shortest path tree computation on a graph, and
   poses a heavy burden to both the processor load and the memory
   consumption of a network equipment.  In this document, we describe an
   efficient Loop-free Criterion (LFC) implementation method which is
   based on incremental shortest path first (i-SPF), which is suitable
   for practical deployment in large scale networks.  The computational
   complexity of the method is independent of the average node degree of
   the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-geng-iac-caba/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-geng-iac-caba-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-geng-iac-caba-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/