Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonaventure-quic-atsss-overview-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 06:46:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 3GPP Access Traffic Steering Switching and Splitting (ATSSS) - Overview for IETF Participants
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Olivier Bonaventure
                          Maxime Piraux
                          Quentin De Coninck
                          Spencer Dawkins
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Markus Amend
                          Andreas Kassler
                          Qing An
                          Nicolas Keukeleire
                          SungHoon Seo
	Filename        : draft-bonaventure-quic-atsss-overview-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2020-05-30

Abstract:
   This document briefly presents the Access Traffic Steering,
   Switching, and Splitting (ATSSS) service being specified within the
   3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).  The ATSSS service
   provides network support for multihomed devices to select a path for
   transmission (steer), move traffic from one path to another (switch),
   or use multiple paths simultaneously (split).  TS 23.501 specifies an
   ATSSS architecture for TCP traffic.

   This document presents a snap-shot of the ongoing discussion in the
   3GPP to enable ATSSS for non-TCP traffic, based on the use of QUIC,
   and assesses to what extent IETF specifications can be used to meet
   the ATSSS design goals.  Apparent gaps are also documented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonaventure-quic-atsss-overview/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonaventure-quic-atsss-overview-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bonaventure-quic-atsss-overview-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/