Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 08:28:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP-mixer formatting of multi-party Real-time text
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2020-05-07

Abstract:
   Real-time text mixers for multi-party sessions need to identify the
   source of each transmitted group of text so that the text can be
   presented by endpoints in suitable grouping with other text from the
   same source.

   Regional regulatory requirements specify provision of real-time text
   in multi-party calls.  RFC 4103 mixer implementations can use
   traditional RTP functions for source identification, but the mixer
   source switching performance is limited when using the default
   transmission with redundancy.

   An enhancement for RFC 4103 real-time text mixing is provided in the
   present specification, suitable for a centralized conference model
   that enables source identification and efficient source switching.
   The intended use is for real-time text mixers and multi-party-aware
   participant endpoints.  The mechanism builds on use of the CSRC list
   in the RTP packet.

   A capability exchange is specified so that it can be verified that a
   participant can handle the multi-party coded real-time text stream.
   The capability is indicated by an sdp media attribute "rtt-mix".

   A brief description about how a mixer can format text for the case
   when the endpoint is not multi-party aware is also provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/