Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 06:15:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC for SATCOM
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          John Border
                          Emile Stephan
	Filename        : draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-05.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-05-29

Abstract:
   QUIC has been designed for use across Internet paths.  Initial
   designs of QUIC focused on common deployment scenarios for web
   traffic.  This document focuses on the performance when using a path
   with a large Bandwidth-Delay Product (BDP).

   A large BDP path can result from using a satellite communication
   (SATCOM) system.  The BDP is also high for paths where a satellite
   network segment is combined with other network technologies
   (Ethernet, cable modems, WiFi, cellular, radio links, etc), resulting
   in more complex characteristics.  These path characteristics have
   implications on the efficiency of the network traffic and unless
   considered in a design can impact the end-to-end quality of
   experience by the transport service.

   This memo identifies the characteristics of a SATCOM link that impact
   the operation of the QUIC transport protocol.  It proposes regression
   tests to evaluate QUIC over SATCOM links.  It discusses how to ensure
   acceptable protocol performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/