Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 21:58:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Nimble out-of-band authentication for EAP (EAP-NOOB)
        Authors         : Tuomas Aura
                          Mohit Sethi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-00.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2020-05-05

Abstract:
   Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) provides support for
   multiple authentication methods.  This document defines the EAP-NOOB
   authentication method for nimble out-of-band (OOB) authentication and
   key derivation.  The EAP method is intended for bootstrapping all
   kinds of Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices that have no pre-configured
   authentication credentials.  The method makes use of a user-assisted
   one-directional OOB message between the peer device and
   authentication server to authenticate the in-band key exchange.  The
   device must have an input or output interface, such as a display,
   microphone, speakers or blinking light, which can send or receive
   dynamically generated messages of tens of bytes in length.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/