Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 04:01:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Flash- Renumbering Events
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Jan Zorz
                          Richard Patterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-05-05

Abstract:
   In scenarios where network configuration information related to IPv6
   prefixes becomes invalid without any explicit signaling of that
   condition (such as when a CPE crashes and reboots without knowledge
   of the previously-employed prefixes), nodes on the local network will
   continue using stale prefixes for an unacceptably long period of
   time, thus resulting in connectivity problems.  This document
   documents this problem, and discusses operational workarounds that
   may help to improve network robustness.  Additionally, it highlights
   areas where further work may be needed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/