Subject: I-D Action: draft-muscariello-intarea-hicn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 13:02:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Hybrid Information-Centric Networking
        Authors         : Luca Muscariello
                          Giovanna Carofiglio
                          Jordan Augé
                          Michele Papalini
                          Mauro Sardara
	Filename        : draft-muscariello-intarea-hicn-04.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2020-05-20

Abstract:
   This document describes the hybrid information-centric networking
   (hICN) architecture for IPv6.  The specifications describe a way to
   implement information-networking functionalities into IPv6.  The
   objective is to use IPv6 without creating overlays with a new packet
   format as an additional encapsulation.  The intent of the present
   design is to introduce some IPv6 routers in the network with
   additional packet processing operations to implement ICN functions.
   Moreover, the current design is tightly integrated into IPv6 to allow
   easy interconnection to IPv6 networks with the additional design
   objective to exploit existing IPv6 protocols as much as possible as
   they are, or extend them where needed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-muscariello-intarea-hicn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-muscariello-intarea-hicn-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-muscariello-intarea-hicn-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-muscariello-intarea-hicn-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/