Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-spring-anycast-sid-service-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 22:47:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Anycast SID for Flexible and Robust Service in SRv6
        Authors         : Taixin Li
                          Zhe Chen
	Filename        : draft-li-spring-anycast-sid-service-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-05-14

Abstract:
   Segment Routing enables an operator or an application to specify a
   packet processing program. When Segment Routing is applied to IPv6
   data plane, the list of IPv6 SIDs in SRH can specify a series of
   execution endpoints that hold service functions that process the
   packet. However, steering traffic dynamically to the different
   execution endpoints requires a specific "re-encapsulating". This
   procedure may be complex and take time.

   This document proposes A-SID (Anycast-SID) based on SRv6 to achieve
   flexible and robust service provision. It uses anycast SID to
   identify service functions and locates the service functions based on
   anycast routing. The proposed solution can stay compatibility with
   the existing SRv6.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-spring-anycast-sid-service/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-spring-anycast-sid-service-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-spring-anycast-sid-service-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/