Subject: I-D Action: draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:15:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response Code for Call Rating
        Author          : Russ A. Penar
	Filename        : draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2020-06-24

Abstract:
   This document defines the 120 (Rated) Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP) response code. This response code enables calling parties to
   learn an intermediary rated their call attempt.  Depending on
   rating (e.g. Scam), the call may go unanswered. Through a 1xx code,
   the caller's network may become aware future attempts to contact the
   same User Agent Server (UAS) will likely go unanswered. The initial
   use case driving the need for a 120 response code is when the
   intermediary is an analytics engine. Code 120 (Rated) contrasts with
   607 (Unwanted) & 608 (Rejected) SIP response codes in which a human
   at target UAS, or terminating network analytics, indicate the call
   may not completed.  This document also defines use of a Call-Info
   header field in 120 (Rated) responses to enable negatively rated
   callers to contact entities that rated their calls in error. This
   provides a remediation mechanism for legal callers who find their
   calls going unanswered (not necessarily blocked).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/