Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-rtgwg-srv6-midpoint-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:53:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SRv6 Midpoint Protection
        Authors         : Huanan
                          Zhibo
                          Huaimo
                          Xuesong
	Filename        : draft-chen-rtgwg-srv6-midpoint-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-06-01

Abstract:
   The previous work in IETF has provided some mechanism, e.g., TI-LFA,
   that allows local repair actions on the direct neighbors of the
   failed node to temporarily route traffic to the destination.  These
   mechanism could not work properly when the failure happens in the
   destination point or the link connected to the destination.  In SRv6
   TE, the IPv6 destination address in the outer IPv6 header could be
   the dedicated endpoint of the TE path rather than the destination of
   the TE path.  When the endpoint fails, local repair couldn't work on
   the direct neighbor of the failed endpoint either.  This document
   defines midpoint protection, which enables the direct neighbor of the
   failed endpoint to do the function of the endpoint, replace the IPv6
   destination address to the other endpoint, and choose the next hop
   based on the new destination address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-rtgwg-srv6-midpoint-protection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-rtgwg-srv6-midpoint-protection-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-rtgwg-srv6-midpoint-protection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-rtgwg-srv6-midpoint-protection-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/