Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 09:45:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption WG of the IETF.

        Title           : COSE and JOSE Registrations for WebAuthn Algorithms
        Author          : Michael B. Jones
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms-07.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-06-03

Abstract:
   The W3C Web Authentication (WebAuthn) specification and the FIDO
   Alliance Client to Authenticator Protocol (CTAP) specification use
   CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) algorithm identifiers.
   This specification registers the following algorithms in the IANA
   "COSE Algorithms" registry, which are used by WebAuthn and CTAP
   implementations: RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 using SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512,
   and SHA-1, and ECDSA using the secp256k1 curve and SHA-256.  It
   registers the secp256k1 elliptic curve in the IANA "COSE Elliptic
   Curves" registry.  Also, for use with JSON Object Signing and
   Encryption (JOSE), it registers the algorithm ECDSA using the
   secp256k1 curve and SHA-256 in the IANA "JSON Web Signature and
   Encryption Algorithms" registry and the secp256k1 elliptic curve in
   the IANA "JSON Web Key Elliptic Curve" registry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/