Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 01:08:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP-LS Extensions for Segment Routing based Enhanced VPN
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhibo Hu
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Xiongyan Tang
                          Ran Pang
	Filename        : draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-06-23

Abstract:
   Enhanced VPN (VPN+) is an enhancement to VPN services to support the
   needs of new applications, particularly including the applications
   that are associated with 5G services.  These applications require
   enhanced isolation and have more stringent performance requirements
   than that can be provided with traditional overlay VPNs.  An enhanced
   VPN may be used for 5G transport network slicing, and will also be of
   use in more generic scenarios.  To meet the requirement of enhanced
   VPN services, a number of Virtual Transport Networks (VTNs) need to
   be created, each with a subset of the underlay network topology and a
   set of network resources allocated to meet the requirement of a
   specific VPN+ service, or a group of VPN+ services.

   This document specifies the BGP-LS mechanisms with necessary
   extensions to advertise the information of Segment Routing (SR) based
   VTNs.  The proposed mechanism is applicable to both segment routing
   with MPLS data plane (SR-MPLS) and segment routing with IPv6 data
   plane (SRv6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/