Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 16:47:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual Machine Mobility Solutions for L2 and L3 Overlay Networks
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Tom Herbert
                          Saumya Dikshit
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-15.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-06-15

Abstract:
   This document describes virtual machine (VM) mobility solutions
   commonly used in data centers built with an overlay network. This
   document is intended for describing the solutions and the impact of
   moving VMs, or applications, from one rack to another connected by
   the overlay network.

   For layer 2, it is based on using an NVA (Network Virtualization
   Authority) to NVE (Network Virtualization Edge) protocol to update
   ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) tables or neighbor cache entries
   after a VM moves from an old NVE to a new NVE.  For Layer 3, it is
   based on address and connection migration after the move.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/