Subject: I-D Action: draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 17:00:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response Code for Call Rating
        Author          : Russ A. Penar
	Filename        : draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2020-06-12

Abstract:
   This document defines the 120 (Rated) Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP) response code. This response code enables calling parties to
   learn an intermediary rated their call attempt.  Depending on
   rating (e.g. Likely Scam), the call may be rejected or go unanswered.
   Through a 1xx code, the caller's network may become aware future
   attempts to contact the same User Agent Server will likely go
   unanswered. The initial use case driving the need for a 120 response
   code is when the intermediary is an analytics engine. In this case,
   the rating is constructed via machine or other process. This
   contrasts with 607 (Unwanted) & 608 (Rejected) SIP response codes in
   which a human at target User Agent Server, or terminating network
   analytics,indicate the call may not completed.  This document also
   defines use of a Call-Info header field in 120 responses to enable
   negatively rated callers to contact entities that rated their calls
   in error. This provides a remediation mechanism for legal callers
   who find their calls going unanswered (not necessarily blocked).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-penar-sipcore-ratingprovided-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/