Subject: I-D Action: draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 08:36:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS Flooding Parameters advertisement
        Authors         : Bruno Decraene
                          Chris Bowers
                          Jayesh J
                          Tony Li
                          Gunter Van de Velde
	Filename        : draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-06-10

Abstract:
   This document proposes a mechanism that can be used to increase the
   speed at which link state information is exchanged between two
   routers when multiple LSPs need to be flooded, such as in case of a
   node failure.  It also reduces the likelihood of overloading the
   router receiving the LSPs, causing LSPs losses and delayed
   retransmission.  This document defines a new TLV to be advertised in
   SNP and/or Hello messages.  This TLV may carry a set of parameters
   indicating the performance capacity to receive LSPs: the number of
   LSPs which can the received back to back, the minimum delay between
   further two consecutive LSPs and the minimum delay before
   retransmission of an LSP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/