Subject: I-D Action: draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 10:50:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : HPCC++: Enhanced High Precision Congestion Control
        Authors         : Hongqiang H. Liu
                          Rui Miao
                          Rong Pan
                          Jeongkeun Lee
                          Changhoon Kim
	Filename        : draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-06-17

Abstract:
   Congestion control (CC) is the key to achieving ultra-low latency,
   high bandwidth and network stability in high-speed networks.
   However, the existing high-speed CC schemes have inherent limitations
   for reaching these goals.

   In this document, we describe HPCC++ (High Precision Congestion
   Control), a new high-speed CC mechanism which achieves the three
   goals simultaneously.  HPCC++ leverages in-network telemetry (INT) to
   obtain precise link load information and controls traffic precisely.
   By addressing challenges such as delayed INT information during
   congestion and overreaction to INT information, HPCC++ can quickly
   converge to utilize free bandwidth while avoiding congestion, and can
   maintain near-zero in-network queues for ultra-low latency.  HPCC++
   is also fair and easy to deploy in hardware, implementable with
   commodity programmable NICs and switches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/