Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 03:36:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Fragmentation Avoidance in DNS
        Authors         : Kazunori Fujiwara
                          Paul Vixie
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-06-30

Abstract:
   Path MTU discovery remains widely undeployed due to security issues,
   and IP fragmentation has exposed weaknesses in application protocols.
   Currently, DNS is known to be the largest user of IP fragmentation.
   It is possible to avoid IP fragmentation in DNS by limiting response
   size where possible, and signaling the need to upgrade from UDP to
   TCP transport where necessary.  This document proposes to avoid IP
   fragmentation in DNS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/