Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 12:43:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual Machine Mobility Solutions for L2 and L3 Overlay Networks
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Tom Herbert
                          Saumya Dikshit
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-16.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-06-17

Abstract:
   This document describes virtual machine (VM) mobility
   solutions commonly used in data centers built with an overlay
   network. This document is intended for describing the
   solutions and the impact of moving VMs, or applications, from
   one rack to another connected by the overlay network.

   For layer 2, it is based on using an NVA (Network
   Virtualization Authority) to NVE (Network Virtualization
   Edge) protocol to update ARP (Address Resolution Protocol)
   tables or neighbor cache entries after a VM moves from an old
   NVE to a new NVE.  For Layer 3, it is based on address and
   connection migration after the move.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-vmm-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/