Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-only-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:43:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The DELEGATION_ONLY DNSKEY flag
        Authors         : Paul Wouters
                          Wes Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-only-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   This document introduces a new DNSKEY flag called DELEGATION_ONLY
   that indicates that this zone will only produce delegation responses
   for data outside of its own apex (or _underscore labels).  That is,
   the Answer Section for queries that do not involve the apex (or
   _underscore labels) of the zone is empty, and only glue records in
   the Authority Section and Additional Section will be acceptable data
   in the response message.  Additionally, it indicates that it is not
   expected that the parent of this delegation-only zone bypasses or
   removes the delegation to this zone.  DNSSEC Validating Resolvers can
   use this flag to mark any data that violates the DELEGATION_ONLY
   policy as Bogus.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-only/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-only-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-only-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-only-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/