Subject: I-D Action: draft-bider-ssh-quic-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 15:58:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC-based UDP Transport for Secure Shell (SSH)
        Author          : denis bider
	Filename        : draft-bider-ssh-quic-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2020-07-07

Abstract:
   The Secure Shell protocol (SSH) [RFC4251] is widely used for purposes
   including secure remote administration, file transfer using SFTP and
   SCP, and encrypted tunneling of TCP connections.  Because it is based
   on TCP, SSH suffers similar problems as motivate the HTTP protocol to
   transition its transport to UDP-based QUIC [QUIC].  These include:
   unauthenticated network intermediaries can trivially disconnect SSH
   sessions; SSH connections are lost when mobile clients change IP
   addresses; performance limitations in OS-based TCP stacks; any many
   round-trips to establish the connection.  This memo specifies SSH key
   exchange over UDP and leverages QUIC to provide a UDP-based
   transport.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bider-ssh-quic/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bider-ssh-quic-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bider-ssh-quic-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bider-ssh-quic-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/