Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 07:52:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Secret Key Transaction Authentication for DNS (TSIG)
        Authors         : Francis Dupont
                          Stephen Morris
                          Paul Vixie
                          Donald E. Eastlake 3rd
                          Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Brian Wellington
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2020-07-10

Abstract:
   This document describes a protocol for transaction level
   authentication using shared secrets and one way hashing.  It can be
   used to authenticate dynamic updates to a DNS zone as coming from an
   approved client, or to authenticate responses as coming from an
   approved name server.

   No recommendation is made here for distributing the shared secrets:
   it is expected that a network administrator will statically configure
   name servers and clients using some out of band mechanism.

   This document obsoletes RFC2845 and RFC4635.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/