Subject: I-D Action: draft-lazanski-users-threat-model-t-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:38:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A User-Focused Internet Threat Model
        Author          : Dominique Lazanski
	Filename        : draft-lazanski-users-threat-model-t-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
RFC 3552 introduces a threat model that does not include endpoint
security. Yet increasingly protocol development is making assumptions
about endpoint security capabilities which have not been defined. RFC
3552 is 17 years old and threat landscape has changed. Security issues
and cyber attacks have increased and there are more devices, users, and
applications on the endpoint than ever. This draft proposes a new
approach to the Internet threat model which will include endpoint
security, focus on users and provide an update to the threat model in
RFC 3552. It brings together Security Considerations for Protocol
Designers draft-lazanski-protocol-sec-design-model-t-01 which is a
comprehensive document that lists threats, attack vectors, examples and
considerations for designing protocols, as well as draft-taddei-smart-
cless-introduction-02 which lays out security concerns, capabilities
and limitations for endpoints in general and draft-mcfadden-smart-
endpoint-taxonomy-for-cless-01 which outlines a clear taxonomy for
endpoint security and identifies changes in technology, economic and
protocol development that has impacted and changed endpoint security.
Taken together these drafts reflect a comprehensive and clear set of
security threats and design considerations for the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lazanski-users-threat-model-t/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lazanski-users-threat-model-t-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lazanski-users-threat-model-t-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lazanski-users-threat-model-t-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/