Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 07:46:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Date
        Authors         : Michael B. Jones
                          Anthony Nadalin
                          Jörg Richter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag-05.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-07-17

Abstract:
   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 7049) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   In CBOR, one point of extensibility is the definition of CBOR tags.
   RFC 7049 defines two tags for time: CBOR tag 0 (RFC 3339 date/time
   string) and tag 1 (Posix "seconds since the epoch").  Since then,
   additional requirements have become known.  This specification
   defines a CBOR tag for an RFC 3339 date text string, for applications
   needing a textual date representation within the Gregorian calendar
   without a time.  It also defines a CBOR tag for days since the date
   1970-01-01 in the Gregorian calendar for applications needing a
   numeric date representation without a time.  This specification is
   intended as the reference document for IANA registration of the CBOR
   tags defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/