Subject: I-D Action: draft-bider-ssh-quic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 11:32:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC-based UDP Transport for Secure Shell (SSH)
        Author          : denis bider
	Filename        : draft-bider-ssh-quic-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-07-05

Abstract:
   The Secure Shell protocol (SSH) [RFC4251] is widely used for purposes
   including secure remote administration, file transfer using SFTP and
   SCP, and encrypted tunneling of TCP connections.  Because it is based
   on TCP, SSH suffers similar problems as are motivating the HTTP
   protocol to transition its transport to UDP-based QUIC [QUIC].  These
   include: unauthenticated network intermediaries can trivially
   disconnect SSH sessions; SSH connections are lost when mobile clients
   change IP addresses; and performance limitations in OS-based TCP
   stacks.  This memo leverages QUIC to provide a UDP-based transport to
   SSH sessions with full backward compatibility, after completing the
   initial SSH key exchange.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bider-ssh-quic/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bider-ssh-quic-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bider-ssh-quic-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/