Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 05:34:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Coding for efficient NetWork Communications Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Coding and congestion control in transport
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Emmanuel Lochin
                          Francois Michel
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-07-09

Abstract:
   FEC coding is a reliability mechanism that is distinct and separate
   from the loss detection of congestion controls.  Using FEC coding can
   be a useful way to deal with transfer tail losses or with networks
   having non-congestion losses.  However, FEC coding mechanisms should
   not hide congestion signals.  This memo offers a discussion of how
   FEC coding and congestion control can coexist.  Another objective is
   to encourage the research community to also consider congestion
   control aspects when proposing and comparing FEC coding solutions in
   communication systems.

   This document is the product of the Coding for Efficient Network
   Communications Research Group (NWCRG).  The scope of the document is
   end-to-end communications: FEC coding for tunnels is out-of-the scope
   of the document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/