Subject: I-D Action: draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 05:39:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Telemetry Data Self Explanation Tags
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Benoit Claise
                          Liang Geng
                          Zongpeng Du
	Filename        : draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-03.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2020-07-08

Abstract:
   This document defines a method to tag data node associated with
   telemetry data in YANG Modules.  This YANG data node tagging method
   can be used to provide input, instruction, indication to selection
   filter and filter queries of operational state on a server during a
   "pub/sub" service for YANG datastore updates and provide multiple
   dimensional network visibility analysis when the state of all
   subscriptions of a particular Subscriber to be fetched is huge, so
   that the amount of data to be streamed out to the destination can be
   greatly reduced and only targeted to the characteristics data.

   An extension statement to be used to indicate YANG data node self
   explanation tags that SHOULD be added by the module implementation
   automatically (i.e., outside of configuration).

   A YANG module [RFC7950] is defined, which augments Module tag model
   and provides a list of data node entries to allow for adding or
   removing of data node self explanation tags as well as viewing the
   set of self explanation tags associated with a YANG module.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/