Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-php-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:11:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BIER Penultimate Hop Popping
        Author          : Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-php-05.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-07-29

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) can be used as provider tunnel
   for Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) [RFC6514], Global
   Table Multicast [RFC7716] or Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN)
   [RFC7432].  It is possible that not all routers in the provider
   network support BIER and there are various methods to handle BIER
   incapable transit routers.  However those methods assume the MVPN/
   EVPN Provider Edges (PEs) are BIER capable.  This document specifies
   a method to allow BIER incapable routers to act as MVPN/EVPN PEs with
   BIER as the transport, by having the upstream BIER Forwarding Router
   (BFR) that is connected directly or indirectly via a tunnel to a BIER
   incapable PE remove the BIER header and send the payload to the PE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-php/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-php-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-php-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-php-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/