Subject: I-D Action: draft-birkholz-rats-coswid-rim-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:16:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Reference Integrity Measurement Extension for Concise Software Identities
        Authors         : Henk Birkholz
                          Patrick Uiterwijk
                          Ned Smith
                          Jessica Fitzgerald-McKay
                          David Waltermire
                          Shwetha Bhandari
	Filename        : draft-birkholz-rats-coswid-rim-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   Concise Software Identification (CoSWID) tags identify and describe
   individual software components, patches, and installation bundles.
   CoSWID is based on ISO/IEC 19770-2:2015 2:2015 that provides a
   complementary XML schema definition (XSD) for Software Identification
   (SWID) tags.  CoSWID supports the same features as the corresponding
   XML SWID tags.  The CoSWID specification also includes more
   structured extensibility features and reduces a few of ambiguities
   that are not explicitly resolved in the ISO XSD.  In this document,
   these extensibility features (extension points) are used to add
   attributes to the CoSWID specification.  The new attributes allow for
   the use of CoSWID as Reference Integrity Measurements (RIM).  There
   are four sets of RIM features defined in this specification. 1.)
   attributes that support RIM manifests for Measured Boot, 2.)
   attributes that support package manager managed structures, 3.)
   attributes that allow for OID to be used in the description of
   Reference Integrity Measurements, and 4.) attributes for object trees
   in support of Target Environments that are chained via Layered
   Attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birkholz-rats-coswid-rim/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birkholz-rats-coswid-rim-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birkholz-rats-coswid-rim-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-birkholz-rats-coswid-rim-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/