Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-idr-bgpls-extensions-ifit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 06:18:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP-LS Extensions for In-situ Flow Information Telemetry (IFIT) Capability Advertisement
        Authors         : Yali Wang
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Min Liu
                          Ran Pang
                          Huanan Chen
	Filename        : draft-wang-idr-bgpls-extensions-ifit-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   This document extends Node and Link Attribute TLVs to Border Gateway
   Protocol-Link State (BGP-LS) to advertise supported In-situ Flow
   Information Telemetry (IFIT) capabilities at node and/or link
   granularity.  An ingress router cannot insert IFIT-Data-Fields for
   packets going into a path unless an egress router has indicated via
   signaling that it has the capability to process IFIT-Data-Fields.  In
   addition, such advertisements would be useful for entities (e.g.
   Path Computation Element (PCE)) to gather each router's IFIT
   capability for achieving the computation of end-to-end Traffic
   Engineering (TE) paths that be able to fulfill the visibility of on-
   path OAM data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-idr-bgpls-extensions-ifit/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-idr-bgpls-extensions-ifit-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-idr-bgpls-extensions-ifit-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/