Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 00:12:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCE Controlled ID Space
        Authors         : Cheng Li
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Aijun Wang
                          Weiqiang Cheng
                          Chao Zhou
	Filename        : draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-07-06

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
   mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
   computations in response to Path Computation Clients (PCCs) requests.
   The Stateful PCE extensions allow stateful control of Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) using PCEP.  Furthermore, PCEP can be used for computing paths
   in SR networks.

   Stateful PCE provide active control of MPLS-TE LSPs via PCEP, for a
   model where the PCC delegates control over one or more locally
   configured LSPs to the PCE.  Further, stateful PCE could also create
   and delete PCE-initiated LSPs itself.  A PCE-based central controller
   (PCECC) simplify the processing of a distributed control plane by
   integrating with elements of Software-Defined Networking (SDN).

   In some use cases, such as PCECC or Binding Segment Identifier (SID)
   for Segment Routing (SR), there are requirements for a stateful PCE
   to make allocation of labels, SIDs, etc.  These use cases require PCE
   aware of various identifier spaces where to make allocations on
   behalf of PCC.  This document describes a mechanism for PCC to inform
   the PCE of the identifier space under its control via PCEP.  The
   identifier could be MPLS label, SID or any other to-be-defined
   identifier to be allocated by a PCE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/