Subject: I-D Action: draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 01:03:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) Encapsulation for In-situ OAM (IOAM) Data
        Authors         : Xiao Min
                          Zheng(Sandy) Zhang
                          Yisong Liu
                          Nagendra Kumar Nainar
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   In-situ Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (IOAM) collects
   operational and telemetry information while the packet traverses a
   particular network domain.  Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is
   an architecture that provides optimal multicast forwarding through a
   "multicast domain", without requiring intermediate routers to
   maintain any per-flow state or to engage in an explicit tree-building
   protocol.  The BIER header contains a bit-string in which each bit
   represents exactly one egress router to forward the packet to.  This
   document outlines the requirements to carry IOAM data in BIER header
   and specifies how IOAM data fields are encapsulated in BIER header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/