Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 09:04:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Signaling Through BIER Core
        Authors         : Hooman Bidgoli
                          Fengman Xu
                          Jayant Kotalwar
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Mankamana Mishra
                          Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-07-09

Abstract:
   Consider large networks deploying traditional PIM multicast service.
   Typically, each portion of these large networks have their own
   mandates and requirements.

   It might be desirable to deploy BIER technology in some part of these
   networks to replace traditional PIM services.  In such cases
   downstream PIM states need to be signaled over BIER Domain toward the
   source.

   This draft explains the procedure to signal PIM joins and prunes
   through a BIER Domain, as such enable provisioning of traditional PIM
   services through a BIER Domain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/