Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 08:43:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Network Address Translation Support
        Authors         : Randall R. Stewart
                          Michael Tüxen
                          Irene Rüngeler
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-17.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) provides a reliable
   communications channel between two end-hosts in many ways similar to
   the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).  With the widespread
   deployment of Network Address Translators (NAT), specialized code has
   been added to NAT functions for TCP that allows multiple hosts to
   reside behind a NAT function and yet share a single IPv4 address,
   even when two hosts (behind a NAT function) choose the same port
   numbers for their connection.  This additional code is sometimes
   classified as Network Address and Port Translation (NAPT).

   This document describes the protocol extensions required for the SCTP
   endpoints and the mechanisms for NAT functions necessary to provide
   similar features of NAPT in the single point and multi point
   traversal scenario.

   Finally, a YANG module for SCTP NAT is defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-17
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/