Subject: I-D Action: draft-yang-ippm-ptp-measurement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 01:09:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application Oriented High Precision Delay and Jitter Measurement
        Authors         : Hongwei Yang
                          Tao Sun
                          Kehan Yao
	Filename        : draft-yang-ippm-ptp-measurement-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-07-12

Abstract:
   As 5G has arisen and it is still evolving, there become many more
   time sensitive services which require high precision of measurements.
   In addition, in order to better simulate the transmission of packets
   of actual services, the length and priorities of the measurement
   packets SHOULD be customized, especially for some network that is
   inclined to get congested.  This document introduces a new way to
   measure the time delay and jitter between two devices by making
   adjustments based on PTP Sync message and Delay_Req message, which
   could, to a great extent, get close to the messages of actual
   services as well as achieve high precison of measured metrics, so as
   to meet all requirements mentioned above.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-ippm-ptp-measurement/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-ippm-ptp-measurement-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-yang-ippm-ptp-measurement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/