Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcbride-grow-as-path-prepend-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 23:50:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : AS-Path Prepend
        Authors         : Mike McBride
                          Doug Madory
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-mcbride-grow-as-path-prepend-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-07-12

Abstract:
   AS_Path prepending provides a tool to manipulate the BGP AS_Path
   attribute through prepending multiple entries of an AS.  AS_Path
   prepend is used to deprioritize a route or alternate path.  By
   prepending the local ASN multiple times, ASes can make advertised AS
   paths appear artificially longer.  Excessive AS_Path prepending has
   caused routing issues in the internet.  This document provides
   guidance,to the internet community, with how best to utilize AS_Path
   prepend in order to avoid negatively affecting the internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcbride-grow-as-path-prepend/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcbride-grow-as-path-prepend-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcbride-grow-as-path-prepend-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/