Subject: I-D Action: draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rtt-in-quic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:10:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Randomized Response Mechanisms in RTT Measurements for QUIC
        Authors         : Amelia Andersdotter
                          Shivan Sahib
	Filename        : draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rtt-in-quic-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   The latency spin bit is an optional feature included in the QUIC
   transport protocol, as standardized by the Internet Engineering Task
   Force (IETF).  It enables passive, on-path observations for
   estimation of latency.  This document presents the results of an
   inquiry into the potential of using randomized response mechanisms
   (RRM) to reduce privacy loss in latency measurements.  It concludes
   that RRM could be used to introduce choice for clients in preserving
   privacy in latency measurements.  But the trade-offs, especially
   since the latency spin bit is already optional, do not favour RRM.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rtt-in-quic/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rtt-in-quic-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rtt-in-quic-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/