Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 08:19:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Carrying Virtual Transport Network Identifier in IPv6 Extension Header
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Chenhao Ma
	Filename        : draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   This document proposes a new option type to carry virtual transport
   network identifier (VTN ID) in the IPv6 extensions headers to
   identify the Virtual Transport Network (VTN) the packet belongs to.
   The procedure of processing the VTN option is also specified.  This
   provides a scalable solution for data plane encapsulation of enhanced
   VPN (VPN+) as described in I-D.ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn.  One typical
   use case of VPN+ is to provide transport network slicing in 5G, while
   it could also be used in more general cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/