Subject: I-D Action: draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnx-timetlv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 09:26:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Alternative Delta Time Encoding for CCNx Using Compact Floating-Point Arithmetic
        Authors         : Cenk Gundogan
                          Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Dave Oran
                          Matthias Waehlisch
	Filename        : draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnx-timetlv-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-07-27

Abstract:
   CCNx utilizes delta time for a number of functions.  When using CCNx
   in environments with constrained nodes and/or bandwidth constrained
   networks, it is valuable to have a compressed representation of delta
   time.  In order to do so, either accuracy or dynamic range has to be
   sacrificed.  Since the current uses of delta time do not require both
   simultaneously, one can consider a logarithmic encoding such as that
   specified in [IEEE.754.2019].  This document updates _CCNx messages
   in TLV Format_ (RFC8609) to specify this alternative encoding.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnx-timetlv/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnx-timetlv-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnx-timetlv-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnx-timetlv-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/