Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 10:38:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BIER IPv6 Requirements
        Authors         : Mike McBride
                          Jingrong Xie
                          Senthil Dhanaraj
                          Rajiv Asati
                          Yongqing Zhu
                          Gyan S. Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-07-10

Abstract:
   The BIER WG charter includes work on developing "a mechanism to use
   BIER natively in IPv6".  There have been several proposed solutions
   in this area.  But there hasn't been a document which describes the
   problem and lists the requirements.  The goal of this document is to
   describe the BIER IPv6 requirements, summarize the encapsulation
   modes of the proposed solutions, guide the working group in
   understanding the benefits and drawbacks of the various solutions,
   and help in the development of acceptable solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/