Subject: I-D Action: draft-dai-tsvwg-pfc-free-congestion-control-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 07:53:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PFC-Free Low Delay Control Protocol
        Authors         : Huichen Dai
                          Binzhang Fu
                          Kun Tan
	Filename        : draft-dai-tsvwg-pfc-free-congestion-control-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   Today, low-latency transport protocols like RDMA over Converged
   Ethernet (RoCE) can provide good delay and throughput performance in
   small and lightly loaded high-speed datacenter networks due to
   lossless transport based on priority-based flow control (PFC).
   However, PFC suffers from various issues from performance degradation
   and unreliability (e.g., deadlock), limiting the deployment of RoCE
   to only small scale clusters (~1000).

   This document presents LDCP, a new transport that scales loss-
   sensitive transports, e.g., RDMA, to entire data-centers containing
   tens of thousands machines, without dependency on PFC for
   losslessness, i.e., PFC-free.  LDCP develops a novel end-to-end
   congestion control scheme and achieves very low queue occupancy even
   under high network utilization or large traffic churns, resulting in
   almost no packet loss.  Meanwhile, LDCP allows a new flow to jump
   start at full speed at the very beginning and therefore minimizes the
   latency for short RPC-style transactions.  LDCP relies on only WRED
   and ECN, two widely supported features on switches, so it can be
   easily deployed in existing network infrastructures.  Finally, LDCP
   is simple by design and thus can be easily implemented by
   programmable or ASIC NICs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dai-tsvwg-pfc-free-congestion-control/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dai-tsvwg-pfc-free-congestion-control-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dai-tsvwg-pfc-free-congestion-control-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/