Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 12:53:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RACK-TLP: a time-based efficient loss detection for TCP
        Authors         : Yuchung Cheng
                          Neal Cardwell
                          Nandita Dukkipati
                          Priyaranjan Jha
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-09.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   This document presents the RACK-TLP loss detection algorithm for TCP.
   RACK-TLP uses per-segment transmit timestamp and selective
   acknowledgement (SACK) [RFC2018] and has two parts: RACK ("Recent
   ACKnowledgment") starts fast recovery quickly using time-based
   inferences derived from ACK feedback.  TLP ("Tail Loss Probe")
   leverages RACK and sends a probe packet to trigger ACK feedback to
   avoid the retransmission timeout (RTO) events.  Compared to the
   widely used DUPACK threshold approach, RACK-TLP detects losses more
   efficiently when there are application-limited flights of data, lost
   retransmissions, or data packet reordering events.  It is intended to
   be an alternative to the DUPACK threshold approach in
   [RFC5681][RFC6675].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/