Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 11:26:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Link-Layer Addresses Assignment Mechanism for DHCPv6
        Authors         : Bernie Volz
                          Tomek Mrugalski
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-08.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2020-07-31

Abstract:
   In certain environments, e.g., large scale virtualization
   deployments, new devices are created in an automated manner.  Such
   devices may have their link-layer addresses assigned in an automated
   fashion.  With sufficient scale, the likelihood of a collision using
   random assignment without duplication detection is not acceptable.
   Therefore an allocation mechanism is required.  This draft proposes
   an extension to DHCPv6 that allows a scalable approach to link-layer
   address assignments where preassigned link-layer address assignments
   (such as by a manufacturer) are not possible or unnecessary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/