Subject: I-D Action: draft-xiang-alto-unified-representation-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 12:16:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Unified Resource Representation
        Authors         : Qiao Xiang
                          Jensen Zhang
                          Franck Le
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-xiang-alto-unified-representation-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   The ALTO protocol [RFC7285] provides network information to
   applications so that applications can make network informed decisions
   to improve the performance.  However, the base ALTO protocol only
   provides coarse-grained end-to-end metrics, which are insufficient to
   satisfy the demands of applications to solve more complex network
   optimization problems.  The ALTO Path Vector extension [DRAFT-PV] has
   been introduced to allow ALTO clients to query information such as
   capacity regions for a given set of flows.  However, the current
   design of this extension has a limited expressiveness.  The goal of
   this document is to introduce a unified resource representation
   service as an extension of ALTO (ALTO-UR), which allows the ALTO
   clients to query and get the capacity regions of more complex
   resource information, such as Shared-Risk-Link-Group (SRLG), multi-
   path routing, multicast and on-demand routing, for a given set of
   flows.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xiang-alto-unified-representation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xiang-alto-unified-representation-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xiang-alto-unified-representation-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xiang-alto-unified-representation-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/