Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 23:37:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Security Considerations for Transient Numeric Identifiers Employed in Network Protocols
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-07-29

Abstract:
   Poor selection of transient numerical identifiers in protocols such
   as the TCP/IP suite has historically led to a number of attacks on
   implementations, ranging from Denial of Service (DoS) to data
   injection and information leakage that can be exploited by pervasive
   monitoring.  To prevent such flaws in future protocols and
   implementations, this document updates RFC 3552, requiring future
   RFCs to contain analysis of the security and privacy properties of
   any transient numeric identifiers specified by the protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/