Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-isis-area-proxy-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 18:46:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Area Proxy for IS-IS
        Authors         : Tony Li
                          Sarah Chen
                          Vivek Ilangovan
                          Gyan S. Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lsr-isis-area-proxy-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2020-07-25

Abstract:
   Link state routing protocols have hierarchical abstraction already
   built into them.  However, when lower levels are used for transit,
   they must expose their internal topologies to each other, leading to
   scale issues.

   To avoid this, this document discusses extensions to the IS-IS
   routing protocol that would allow level 1 areas to provide transit,
   yet only inject an abstraction of the level 1 topology into level 2.
   Each level 1 area is represented as a single level 2 node, thereby
   enabling greater scale.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-area-proxy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-area-proxy-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-area-proxy-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lsr-isis-area-proxy-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/