Subject: I-D Action: draft-campling-operator-observations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:58:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Practical Observations from Encrypted DNS Deployments by Network Operators
        Authors         : Andrew J Campling
                          Normen B Kowalewski
                          Gianpaolo A Scalone
                          Chris Box
                          Alister Winfield
	Filename        : draft-campling-operator-observations-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   The following document includes observations regarding a variety of
   implementations of recursive DNS capabilities that are important to
   network operators in terms of delivering DNS services to their
   (several tens of millions of) customers.  It highlights some of the
   challenges that need to be addressed to allow the widespread adoption
   of encrypted DNS by the end-users of network operators.

   The information is intended to aid the development of discovery
   mechanisms for protocols such as DNS-over-HTTPS.  It clearly defines
   problems that need technical solutions to allow the deployment of
   encrypted DNS by the largest number of operators to the largest
   number of users in the shortest possible timeframe with little or no
   disruption to the user experience.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-campling-operator-observations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campling-operator-observations-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-campling-operator-observations-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/