Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 15:30:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Recognized Transformations of Messages Bearing DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures
        Author          : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2020-07-05

Abstract:
   DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) introduced a mechanism whereby a
   mail operator can affix a signature to a message that validates at
   the level of the signer's domain name.  It specified two possible
   ways of converting the message body to a canonical form, one
   intolerant of changes and the other tolerant of simple changes to
   whitespace within the message body.

   The provided canonicalization schemes do not tolerate changes in a
   message such as conversion between transfer encodings or addition of
   new message content.  It is useful to have these capabilities to
   allow for transport through gateways, and also for transport through
   handlers (such as mailing list services) that might add content that
   would invalidate a signature generated using the existing
   canonicalization schemes.

   This document presents a mechanism for declaring that a message
   underwent any of a handful of well-defined transformations prior to
   being re-signed by a mediator, so that a verifier might rewind such
   modification(s) and thereby confirm that the original signature still
   verifies against the original content.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/