Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:53:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service Discovery WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Service Registration Protocol for DNS-Based Service Discovery
        Authors         : Ted Lemon
                          Stuart Cheshire
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   The Service Registration Protocol for DNS-Based Service Discovery
   uses the standard DNS Update mechanism to enable DNS-Based Service
   Discovery using only unicast packets.  This makes it possible to
   deploy DNS Service Discovery without multicast, which greatly
   improves scalability and improves performance on networks where
   multicast service is not an optimal choice, particularly 802.11
   (Wi-Fi) and 802.15.4 (IoT) networks.  DNS-SD Service registration
   uses public keys and SIG(0) to allow services to defend their
   registrations against attack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-srp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/