Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 11:35:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Revised Validation Procedure for BGP Flow Specifications
        Authors         : James Uttaro
                          Juan Alcaide
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          David Smith
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-12.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-07-08

Abstract:
   This document describes a modification to the validation procedure
   defined for the dissemination of BGP Flow Specifications.  The
   dissemination of BGP Flow Specifications requires that the originator
   of the Flow Specification matches the originator of the best-match
   unicast route for the destination prefix embedded in the Flow
   Specification.  This allows only BGP speakers within the data
   forwarding path (such as autonomous system border routers) to
   originate BGP Flow Specifications.  Though it is possible to
   disseminate such Flow Specifications directly from border routers, it
   may be operationally cumbersome in an autonomous system with a large
   number of border routers having complex BGP policies.  The
   modification proposed herein enables Flow Specifications to be
   originated from a centralized BGP route controller.

   This document updates RFC5575bis.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/