Subject: I-D Action: draft-lachos-sfc-multi-domain-alto-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:53:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multi-domain Service Function Chaining with ALTO
        Authors         : Danny Alex Lachos
                          Qiao Xiang
                          Christian Esteve Rothenberg
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-lachos-sfc-multi-domain-alto-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   The delivery of network services often require service functions and
   their specific order, called a service function chain (SFC).  A SFC
   request is usually composed by distributed resources which are
   expected to available across multiple domains with different
   technology and/or administration.  This document describes different
   standardization activities and research projects addressing the
   challenges posed by SFC across multiple domains (specifically,
   multiple administrative domains).  In addition, this document
   presents an initial approach to realize inter-domain service chains
   leveraging the Application Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO)
   protocol.  Finally, another important concern of this document is to
   initiate a discussion (ALTO, SFC as well as other WGs) regarding if,
   how, and under what conditions ALTO can be useful to improve the
   multi-domain SFC process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lachos-sfc-multi-domain-alto/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lachos-sfc-multi-domain-alto-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lachos-sfc-multi-domain-alto-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lachos-sfc-multi-domain-alto-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/