Subject: I-D Action: draft-sriram-sidrops-as-hijack-detection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:52:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : AS Hijack Detection and Mitigation
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Doug Montgomery
	Filename        : draft-sriram-sidrops-as-hijack-detection-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   This document proposes a method for detection and mitigation of AS
   hijacking.  In this mechanism, an AS operator registers a new object
   in the RPKI called 'ROAs Exist for All Prefixes (REAP)'.  REAP is
   digitally signed using the AS holder's certificate.  By registering
   REAP, the AS operator is declaring that they have Route Origin
   Authorization (ROA) coverage for all prefixes originated by their AS.
   A receiving AS will mark a route as Invalid if the prefix is not
   covered by any Validated ROA Payload (VRP) and the route origin AS
   has signed a REAP.  Here Invalid means that the route is determined
   to be an AS hijack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sriram-sidrops-as-hijack-detection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sriram-sidrops-as-hijack-detection-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sriram-sidrops-as-hijack-detection-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/