Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-6man-6hosts-detection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 06:06:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 hosts detection
        Authors         : Jiang Li
                          Jun Fu
                          Xiaoxiao Li
                          Yexia Cheng
	Filename        : draft-li-6man-6hosts-detection-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   The management of hosts and risks is important for enterprises that
   have large scale IP space.  For IPv4, it won't take too long even to
   scan the entire Internet address space.  For IPv6, further
   consideration is needed.  A narrow range of IPv6 address is preferred
   for scanning.  And in order to shorten the time for IPv6 scanning, a
   very specific IPv6 address list is highly needed.

   This document proposes a solution to solve the problem.  At first,
   append the information of the collection point address to the Router
   Advertisement packet sent by the router, and announce this address
   information to all nodes in the subnet.  Then, each host node report
   its own IPv6 address information to the designated collection point
   by using Echo Reply message.  After that, the corresponding
   collection point device should save these information.  In this way,
   online IPv6 address information in the current network can be quickly
   collected on the collection point device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-6man-6hosts-detection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-6man-6hosts-detection-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-6man-6hosts-detection-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/