Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-add-rdp-isp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 19:08:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Resolver Discovery Protocol (DRDP)
        Author          : Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-mglt-add-rdp-isp-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-07-28

Abstract:
   The DNS Resolving service Discovery Protocol (DRDP) enables to
   discover resolving services available and eventually upgrade to an
   encrypted resolving service.

   DRDP requires a resolving domain or a pointer to a list of resolving
   domains.  Currently ISP or CPEs do not advertise resolving domain or
   pointers to resolving domains which does not make possible for a DNS
   client to discover potential resolving services - such as encrypted
   DNS for example - made available by the ISP.

   Instead, ISPs or CPE advertise via DHCP the IP address of the host
   with a IA Address Option [RFC3315] and the IP addresses of the
   resolver provided by the ISP with Recursive Name Server option
   [RFC3646].

   This document describes a procedure for a DNS client to derive
   resolving domains from the legacy configuration of the host.

   This is expected to ease the deployment of encrypted DNS from ISP as
   it will enable OS, applications to discover resolving service put in
   place by the ISP even though the CPE has not been upgraded.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-add-rdp-isp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-add-rdp-isp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mglt-add-rdp-isp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/