Subject: I-D Action: draft-komlo-frost-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 11:53:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : FROST: Flexible Round-Optimized Schnorr Threshold Signatures
        Authors         : Chelsea Komlo
                          Ian Goldberg
	Filename        : draft-komlo-frost-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2020-08-07

Abstract:
   Unlike signatures in a single-party setting, threshold signatures
   require cooperation among a threshold number of signers each holding
   a share of a common private key.  Consequently, generating signatures
   in a threshold setting imposes overhead due to network rounds among
   signers, proving costly when secret shares are stored on network-
   limited devices or when coordination occurs over unreliable networks.
   This draft describes FROST, a Flexible Round-Optimized Schnorr
   Threshold signature scheme that reduces network overhead during
   signing operations while employing a novel technique to protect
   against forgery attacks applicable to similar schemes in the
   literature.  FROST improves upon the state of the art in Schnorr
   threshold signature protocols, as it can safely perform signing
   operations in a single round without limiting concurrency of signing
   operations, yet allows for true threshold signing, as only a
   threshold number of participants are required for signing operations.
   FROST can be used as either a two-round protocol where signers send
   and receive two messages in total, or optimized to a single-round
   signing protocol with a pre-processing stage.  FROST achieves its
   efficiency improvements in part by allowing the protocol to abort in
   the presence of a misbehaving participant (who is then identified and
   excluded from future operations)--a reasonable model for practical
   deployment scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-komlo-frost/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-komlo-frost-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-komlo-frost-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/