Subject: I-D Action: draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 23:25:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Server Selection: DNS Server Information with Assertion Token
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-05.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2020-08-31

Abstract:
   The document defines a mechanism that allows communication of DNS
   resolver information to DNS clients for use in server selection
   decisions.  In particular, the document defines a mechanism for a DNS
   server to communicate its filtering policy and privacy statement URL
   to DNS clients.  This information is cryptographically signed to
   attest its authenticity.  Such information is used for the selection
   of DNS resolvers.  Typically, evaluating the DNS privacy statement,
   filtering policy, and the signatory, DNS clients with minimum human
   intervention can select the DNS server that best supports the user's
   desired privacy and filtering policy.

   This assertion is useful for encrypted DNS (e.g., DNS-over-TLS, DNS-
   over-HTTPS, DNS-over-QUIC) servers that are either public resolvers
   or discovered in a local network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/