Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-rfced-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 20:30:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Alternative Proposed Model for RFC Editing and Publication
        Author          : Brian E. Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-rfced-model-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2020-08-20

Abstract:
   The finishing process for a document that is approved for publication
   as an RFC currently involves a somewhat detailed and lengthy process.
   The system that executes that process involves a number of different
   actors, each bringing competency with different aspects of the
   overall process.  Ensuring that this process functions smoothly is
   critical to the mission of the organizations that publish documents
   in the RFC series.

   This document proposes a framework for that system that aims to
   provide clear delineations of accountability and responsibility for
   each of the actors in this system.  It would require significant
   updates to RFC 8728 and RFC 8729, and minor updates to RFC 2850 and
   RFC 7841.

   Discussion of this document takes place on the RFC Editor Futures
   mailing list ([email-masked]).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-rfced-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-rfced-model-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-carpenter-rfced-model-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/