Subject: I-D Action: draft-gondwana-effective-terminology-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 04:34:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Effective Terminology in IETF drafts
        Author          : Bron Gondwana
	Filename        : draft-gondwana-effective-terminology-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-08-25

Abstract:
   The IETF and the RFC series are trusted names, for producing high
   quality technical documents that make the Internet work better.

   While the success of our documents is variable, many of them are
   widely used over a long time period.

   As norms in the outside world change, our documents need to remain
   relevant and accessible to future generations of those working on the
   internet, everywhere in the world.

   This longevity of our documents, and the impossibility of predicting
   the future, implies that we should be conservative in the language
   that we send.  Effective language expresses our intent with clarity,
   and without distraction.

   This document describes a glossary for increasing awareness of terms
   which are going to be clear and effective without turning readers
   away, to enable our mission of making the Internet work better.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gondwana-effective-terminology/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gondwana-effective-terminology-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gondwana-effective-terminology-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gondwana-effective-terminology-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/