Subject: I-D Action: draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 11:51:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS 1.3 Authentication and Integrity only Cipher Suites
        Authors         : Nancy Cam-Winget
                          Jack Visoky
	Filename        : draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-07.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-08-28

Abstract:
   There are use cases, specifically in Internet of Things (IoT) and
   constrained environments that do not require confidentiality, though
   message integrity for all communications and mutual authentication
   during tunnel establishment are both still mandated.  Examples of
   such use cases are given, although a threat model is necessary to
   determine whether or not a given situation falls into this catergory
   of use cases.  In order to serve these use cases, this document
   defines the use of HMAC only cipher suites for TLS 1.3, which
   provides mutual authentication and data authenticity, but not data
   confidentiality.  The approach described in this document is not
   endorsed by the IETF and does not have IETF consensus, but is
   presented here to enable interoperable implementation of a reduced
   security mechanism that provides authentication and message integrity
   without supporting confidentiality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/