Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 23:58:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Flash- Renumbering Events
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Jan Zorz
                          Richard Patterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-08-25

Abstract:
   In scenarios where network configuration information related to IPv6
   prefixes becomes invalid without any explicit signaling of that
   condition (such as when a CPE crashes and reboots without knowledge
   of the previously-employed prefixes), nodes on the local network will
   continue using stale prefixes for an unacceptably long time, thus
   resulting in connectivity problems.  This document documents this
   issue and discusses operational workarounds that may help to improve
   network robustness.  Additionally, it highlights areas where further
   work may be needed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/