Subject: I-D Action: draft-padebettu-5g-wireline-transport-over-ppp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 17:59:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 5G Wireline Transport over PPP
        Author          : Venkatesh Padebettu
	Filename        : draft-padebettu-5g-wireline-transport-over-ppp-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-08-30

Abstract:
   To support connecting 5G residential gateways(5G-RG) to 5G Core (5GC)
   over wireline access, the control packets and data packets of the 5G-
   RG should be transported over the wireline access network (W-AN) to
   Access Gateway Function(W-AGF).

   The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [RFC1661] provides a standard
   method for transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point
   links.  PPP defines an extensible Link Control Protocol, and proposes
   a family of Network Control Protocols for establishing and
   configuring different network-layer protocols.

   This document defines the 5G Wireline Control Protocol(5WCP) for
   establishing and configuring the 5G Wireline Data protocol(5W Data)
   over PPP for Wireline Access for 5G Networks.  The method inherits
   multiplexing of traffic for multiple 5G-RGs per VLAN from PPPoE
   [RFC2516] and defines multiplexing multiple PDU Sessions per 5G-RG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-padebettu-5g-wireline-transport-over-ppp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-padebettu-5g-wireline-transport-over-ppp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-padebettu-5g-wireline-transport-over-ppp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/