Subject: I-D Action: draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 19:50:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Self Explanation Data Object Tags
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Benoit Claise
                          Liang Geng
                          Zongpeng Du
	Filename        : draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-05.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2020-08-16

Abstract:
   This document defines a method to tag data objects associated with
   operation and management data in YANG Modules.  This YANG data object
   tagging method can be used to identify characteristics data and
   correlate data objects from different data sources and provide input,
   instruction, indication to selection filter and filter queries of
   operational state on a server during a "pub/sub" service for YANG
   datastore updates.  When the state of all subscriptions of a
   particular Subscriber to be fetched is huge, the amount of data to be
   streamed out to the destination can be greatly reduced and only
   targeted to the characteristics data.

   An extension statement to be used to indicate self explanation YANG
   data object tags that SHOULD be added by the module implementation
   automatically (i.e., outside of configuration).

   A YANG module [RFC7950] is defined, which augments Module tag model
   and provides a list of data object entries to allow for adding or
   removing of self explanation data object tags as well as viewing the
   set of self explanation tags associated with the data object within
   the YANG module.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/