Subject: I-D Action: draft-bider-ssh-quic-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 21:38:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC-based UDP Transport for Secure Shell (SSH)
        Author          : denis bider
	Filename        : draft-bider-ssh-quic-07.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2020-08-05

Abstract:
   The Secure Shell protocol (SSH) [RFC4251] is widely used for purposes
   including secure remote administration, file transfer using SFTP and
   SCP, and encrypted tunneling of TCP connections.  Because it is based
   on TCP, SSH suffers similar problems as motivate the HTTP protocol to
   transition to UDP-based QUIC [QUIC].  These include: unauthenticated
   network intermediaries can trivially disconnect SSH sessions; SSH
   connections are lost when mobile clients change IP addresses;
   performance limitations in OS-based TCP stacks; many round-trips to
   establish a connection; duplicate flow control on the level of the
   connection as well as channels.  This memo specifies SSH key exchange
   over UDP and leverages QUIC to provide a UDP-based transport.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bider-ssh-quic/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bider-ssh-quic-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bider-ssh-quic-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bider-ssh-quic-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/