Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 05:35:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Randomness Improvements for Security Protocols
        Authors         : Cas Cremers
                          Luke Garratt
                          Stanislav Smyshlyaev
                          Nick Sullivan
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-14.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-08-19

Abstract:
   Randomness is a crucial ingredient for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
   and related security protocols.  Weak or predictable
   "cryptographically-strong" pseudorandom number generators (CSPRNGs)
   can be abused or exploited for malicious purposes.  An initial
   entropy source that seeds a CSPRNG might be weak or broken as well,
   which can also lead to critical and systemic security problems.  This
   document describes a way for security protocol implementations to
   augment their CSPRNGs using long-term private keys.  This improves
   randomness from broken or otherwise subverted CSPRNGs.

   This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG)
   in the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/