Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-security-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 20:06:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security Considerations
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Ethan Grossman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-security-11.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2020-08-14

Abstract:
   A DetNet (deterministic network) provides specific performance
   guarantees to its data flows, such as extremely low data loss rates
   and bounded latency.  As a result, securing a DetNet requires that in
   addition to the best practice security measures taken for any
   mission-critical network, additional security measures may be needed
   to secure the intended operation of these novel service properties.

   This document addresses DetNet-specific security considerations from
   the perspectives of both the DetNet system-level designer and
   component designer.  System considerations include a threat model,
   taxonomy of relevant attacks, and associations of threats versus use
   cases and service properties.  Component-level considerations include
   ingress filtering and packet arrival time violation detection.  This
   document also addresses DetNet security considerations specific to
   the IP and MPLS data plane technologies thereby complementing the
   Security Considerations sections of the various DetNet Data Plane
   (and other) DetNet documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-security-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/