Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 23:36:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option
        Authors         : Robert M. Hinden
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2020-09-14

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new Hop-by-Hop IPv6 option that is used to
   record the minimum Path MTU along the forward path between a source
   host to a destination host.  This collects a minimum Path MTU
   recorded along the path to the destination.  The value can then be
   communicated back to the source using the return Path MTU field in
   the option.

   This Hop-by-Hop option is intended to be used in environments like
   Data Centers and on paths between Data Centers, to allow them to
   better take advantage of paths able to support a large Path MTU.  The
   method could also be useful in other environments, including the
   general Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option/

There is also a HTML versions available at:
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/