Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-6lo-schc-dispatch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 04:37:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Dispatch Type for SCHC
        Author          : Carles Gomez
	Filename        : draft-gomez-6lo-schc-dispatch-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2020-09-21

Abstract:
   A new framework called Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) has
   been designed with the primary goal of supporting IPv6 over Low Power
   Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technologies [RFC8724].  One of the SCHC
   components is a header compression mechanism.  If used properly, SCHC
   header compression allows a greater compression ratio than that
   achievable with traditional 6LoWPAN header compression [RFC6282].
   For this reason, it may make sense to use SCHC header compression in
   some 6LoWPAN environments.  This document defines a 6LoWPAN Dispatch
   Type to signal when a packet header has been compressed by using SCHC
   header compression.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-dispatch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-dispatch-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-dispatch-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-6lo-schc-dispatch-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/