Subject: I-D Action: draft-lee-randomized-macaddr-ps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 11:56:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statements for MAC Address Randomization
        Authors         : Yiu L. Lee
                          Jason Livingood
                          Jason Weil
	Filename        : draft-lee-randomized-macaddr-ps-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-09-22

Abstract:
   MAC Addresses are Link Layer addresses used in IEEE Ethernet, WiFi,
   and other link layer protocols.  A MAC Address is a fixed locally
   unique address assigned by the Network Interface Card (NIC)
   manufacturer, though they may be modified by an operating system, and
   they enable a device to connect to a network.  Due to the static
   nature of a MAC Address, it raises some privacy concerns that have
   led to randomization of MAC Addresses by operating systems.  This
   draft documents the impacts of MAC Address randomization to existing
   use cases of network and application services and proposes few next
   steps IETF may consider working on.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-randomized-macaddr-ps/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-randomized-macaddr-ps-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lee-randomized-macaddr-ps-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lee-randomized-macaddr-ps-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/