Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-pitfol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 21:41:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Privacy Enhancements and Assessments Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Personal Information Tagging for Logs
        Authors         : Sandeep Rao
                          Santhosh C N
                          Shivan Sahib
                          Ryan Guest
	Filename        : draft-irtf-pearg-pitfol-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-09-09

Abstract:
   Software systems typically generate log messages in the course of
   their operation.  These log messages (or 'logs') record events as
   they happen, thus providing a trail that can be used to understand
   the state of the system and help with troubleshooting issues.  Given
   that logs try to capture state that is useful for monitoring and
   debugging, they can contain information that can be used to identify
   users.  Personal data identification and anonymization in logs is
   crucial to ensure that no personal data is being inadvertently logged
   and retained which would make the logging system run afoul of laws
   around storing private information.  This document focuses on
   exploring mechanisms that can be used by a generating or intermediary
   logging service to specify personal or sensitive data in log
   message(s), thus allowing a downstream logging server to potentially
   enforce any redaction or transformation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-pearg-pitfol/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-pearg-pitfol-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-pearg-pitfol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/