Subject: I-D Action: draft-hsingh-coinrg-p4use-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 17:47:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use of P4 Programs in IETF Specifications
        Authors         : Hemant Singh
                          Marie-Jose Montpetit
	Filename        : draft-hsingh-coinrg-p4use-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2020-09-30

Abstract:
   The IETF specifies several algorithms operating in the data plane of
   a network node, including liveliness detection, congestion control,
   network measurement, security, and load balancing.  Such algorithms
   are commonly specified using English or flow charts.  As an
   alternative, this document proposes that P4 programs can be used to
   specify some data plane algorithms.  P4 is a programming language
   created in 2014 to program the data plane of network nodes such as
   switches, routers, smartNICs, and generic compute targets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hsingh-coinrg-p4use/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hsingh-coinrg-p4use-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hsingh-coinrg-p4use-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/