Subject: I-D Action: draft-urien-tls-se-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 08:25:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure Element for TLS Version 1.3
        Author          : Pascal Urien
	Filename        : draft-urien-tls-se-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-09-15

Abstract:
   This draft presents ISO7816 interface for TLS1.3 stack running in
   secure element. It presents supported cipher suites and key exchange
   modes, and describes embedded software architecture. TLS 1.3 is the
   de facto security stack for emerging Internet of Things (IoT)
   devices. Some of them are constraint nodes, with limited computing
   resources. Furthermore cheap System on Chip (SoC) components don't
   usually provide tamper resistant features, so private or pre shared
   keys are exposed to hacking. According to the technology state of
   art, some ISO7816 secure elements are able to process TLS 1.3, but
   with a limited set of cipher suites. There are two benefits for TLS-
   SE; first fully tamper resistant processing of TLS protocol, which
   increases the security level insurance; second embedded software
   component ready for use, which relieves the software of the burden
   of cryptographic libraries and associated attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-urien-tls-se/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-urien-tls-se-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-urien-tls-se-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/