Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 23:44:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : SLAP quadrant selection option for DHCPv6
        Authors         : Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Alain Mourad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant-11.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2020-09-30

Abstract:
   IEEE originally structured the 48-bit MAC address space in such a way
   that half of it was reserved for local use.  In 2017, IEEE published
   a new standard (IEEE Std 802c) with a new optional "Structured Local
   Address Plan" (SLAP).  It specifies different assignment approaches
   in four specified regions of the local MAC address space.

   IEEE is developing protocols to assign addresses (IEEE P802.1CQ).
   There is work also in the IETF on specifying a new mechanism that
   extends DHCPv6 operation to handle the local MAC address assignments.

   This document proposes extensions to DHCPv6 protocols to enable a
   DHCPv6 client or a DHCPv6 relay to indicate a preferred SLAP quadrant
   to the server, so that the server may allocate MAC addresses in the
   quadrant requested by the relay or client.  A new DHCPv6 option
   (QUAD) is defined for this purpose.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/