Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-masque-proxy-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 05:33:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Discovery Mechanisms for QUIC-based Proxy Services
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
                          Magnus Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-masque-proxy-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-09-11

Abstract:
   Often an intermediate instance (such as a proxy server) is used to
   connect to a web server or a communicating peer if a direct end-to-
   end IP connectivity is not possible or the proxy can provide a
   support service like, e.g., address anonymisation.  To use a non-
   transparent proxy a client explicitly connects to it and requests
   forwarding to the final target server.  The MASQUE Connect-UDP Proxy
   service is an example of such a proxy service.  The client either
   knows the proxy address as preconfigured in the application or can
   dynamically learn about available proxy services.  This document
   describes different discovery mechanisms for non-transparent proxies
   that are either located in the local network, e.g. home or enterprise
   network, in the access network, or somewhere else on the Internet
   usually close to the target server or even in the same network as the
   target server.

   This document assumes that the non-transparent proxy server is
   connected via QUIC and discusses potential discovery mechanisms for
   such a QUIC-based, non-transparent proxy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-masque-proxy-discovery/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-masque-proxy-discovery-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuehlewind-masque-proxy-discovery-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/