Subject: I-D Action: draft-komolafe-pim-igmp-mld-survey-report-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 08:11:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IGMPv3 and MLDv2 Survey Report
        Author          : Olufemi Komolafe
	Filename        : draft-komolafe-pim-igmp-mld-survey-report-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-09-29

Abstract:
   The PIM WG intends to progress IGMPv3 and MLDv2 from Proposed
   Standards to Internet Standards.  The WG decided to conduct a survey
   of operators, vendors and implementors of these and related protocols
   to gather information about their implementation and deployment.
   This document presents the results of the survey and briefly
   summarizes the key findings.  The survey indicates that there is
   widespread deployment and usage of of IGMPv3 and MLDv2, with numerous
   independent implementations interoperating successfully.  No major
   issues with either protocol were identified and, similarly, no major
   unused features in the specifications were highlighted.  These
   findings suggest that IGMPv3 and MLDv2 are indeed ready for
   progression to Internet Standards.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-komolafe-pim-igmp-mld-survey-report/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-komolafe-pim-igmp-mld-survey-report-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-komolafe-pim-igmp-mld-survey-report-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/