Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-grand-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 19:31:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Gratuitous Neighbor Discovery: Creating Neighbor Cache Entries on First-Hop Routers
        Author          : Jen Linkova
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-grand-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2020-09-15

Abstract:
   Neighbor Discovery (RFC4861) is used by IPv6 nodes to determine the
   link-layer addresses of neighboring nodes as well as to discover and
   maintain reachability information.  This document updates RFC4861 to
   allow routers to proactively create a Neighbor Cache entry when a new
   IPv6 address is assigned to a node.  It also updates RFC4861 and
   recommends nodes to send unsolicited Neighbor Advertisements upon
   assigning a new IPv6 address.  The proposed change will minimize the
   delay and packet loss when a node initiate connections to off-link
   destination from a new IPv6 address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-grand/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-grand-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-grand-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-grand-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/