Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-textual-research-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 13:02:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Textual Analysis Methodology for Security Considerations Sections
        Authors         : Mark McFadden
                          Alan Mills
	Filename        : draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-textual-research-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2020-09-09

Abstract:
   [RFC3552] provides guidance to authors in crafting RFC text on
   Security Considerations. The RFC is more than fifteen years old.
   With the threat landscape and security ecosystem significantly
   changed since the RFC was published, RFC3552 is a candidate for
   update. This draft proposes that, prior to drafting an update to
   RFC3552, an examination of recent, published Security Considerations
   sections be carried out as a baseline for how to improve RFC3552. It
   suggests a methodology for examining Security Considerations
   sections in published RFCs and the extraction of both quantitative
   and qualitative information that could inform a revision of the
   older guidance. It also reports on a recent experiment on textual
   analysis of sixteen years of RFC Security Consideration sections.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-textual-research/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-textual-research-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-textual-research-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-textual-research-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/