Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-apn-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 18:22:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application-aware Networking (APN) Framework
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Shuping Peng
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Cong Li
                          Liang Geng
                          Chang Cao
                          Kentaro Ebisawa
                          Stefano Previdi
                          James N Guichard
	Filename        : draft-li-apn-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-09-06

Abstract:
   A multitude of applications are carried over the network, which have
   varying needs for network bandwidth, latency, jitter, and packet
   loss, etc.  Some new emerging applications (e.g. 5G) have very
   demanding performance requirements.  However, in current networks,
   the network and applications are decoupled, that is, the network is
   not aware of the applications' requirements in a fine granularity.
   Therefore, it is difficult to provide truly fine-granularity traffic
   operations for the applications and guarantee their SLA requirements.

   This document proposes a new framework, named Application-aware
   Networking (APN), where application characteristic information such
   as application identification and its network performance
   requirements is carried in the packet encapsulation in order to
   facilitate service provisioning, perform application-level traffic
   steering and network resource adjustment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-apn-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-apn-framework-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-apn-framework-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-apn-framework-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/