Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-nsh-sr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 03:19:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Integration of Network Service Header (NSH) and Segment Routing for Service Function Chaining (SFC)
        Authors         : James N Guichard
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-nsh-sr-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-09-25

Abstract:
   This document describes two application scenarios where Network
   Service Header (NSH) and Segment Routing (SR) can be deployed
   together to support Service Function Chaining (SFC) in an efficient
   manner while maintaining separation of the service and transport
   planes as originally intended by the SFC architecture.

   In both scenarios, SR is responsible for steering packets between
   SFFs along a given Service Function Path (SFP) while NSH is
   responsible for maintaining the integrity of the service plane, the
   SFC instance context, and any associated metadata.

   These application scenarios demonstrate that NSH and SR can work
   jointly and complement each other leaving the network operator with
   the flexibility to use whichever transport technology makes sense in
   specific areas of their network infrastructure, and still maintain an
   end-to-end service plane using NSH.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-nsh-sr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-nsh-sr-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-nsh-sr-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spring-nsh-sr-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/