Subject: I-D Action: draft-acee-lsr-ospf-admin-tags-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 08:38:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensions to OSPF for Advertising Prefix Administrative Tags
        Authors         : Acee Lindem
                          Peter Psenak
	Filename        : draft-acee-lsr-ospf-admin-tags-07.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-09-23

Abstract:
   It is useful for routers in an OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 routing domain to be
   able to associate tags with prefixes.  Previously, OSPFv2 and OSPFv3
   were relegated to a single tag for AS External and Not-So-Stubby-Area
   (NSSA) prefixes.  With the flexible encodings provided by OSPFv2
   Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement and OSPFv3 Extended LSAs,
   multiple administrative tags may advertised for all types of
   prefixes.  These administrative tags can be used for many
   applications including route redistribution policy, selective prefix
   prioritization, selective IP Fast-ReRoute (IPFRR) prefix protection,
   and many others.

   The ISIS protocol supports a similar mechanism that is described in
   RFC 5130.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-acee-lsr-ospf-admin-tags/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-acee-lsr-ospf-admin-tags-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-acee-lsr-ospf-admin-tags-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-acee-lsr-ospf-admin-tags-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/