Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-chronos-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 00:46:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Secure Selection and Filtering Mechanism for the Network Time Protocol Version 4
        Authors         : Neta Rozen-Schiff
                          Danny Dolev
                          Tal Mizrahi
                          Michael Schapira
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-chronos-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-09-03

Abstract:
   The Network Time Protocol version 4 (NTPv4), as defined in RFC 5905,
   is the mechanism used by NTP clients to synchronize with NTP servers
   across the Internet.  This document specifies an extension to the
   NTPv4 client, named Chronos, which is used as a "watchdog" alongside
   NTPv4, and provides improved security against time shifting attacks.
   Chronos involves changes to the NTP client's system process only and
   is backwards compatible with NTPv4 servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-chronos/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-chronos-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-chronos-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-chronos-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/