Subject: I-D Action: draft-dunglas-vulcain-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 01:01:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Vulcain Protocol
        Author          : Kévin Dunglas
	Filename        : draft-dunglas-vulcain-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2020-09-12

Abstract:
   This specification defines new HTTP headers (and query parameters)
   allowing a client to inform the server of the exact data it needs:

   *  "Preload" informs the server that relations of the main requested
      resource will be necessary.  The server can then reduce the number
      of round-trips by sending the related resources ahead of time
      using HTTP/2 [RFC7540] Server Push.  When using Server Push isn't
      possible (resources served by a different authority, client or
      server not supporting HTTP/2...), the server can hint the client
      to fetch those resources as early as possible by using the
      "preload" link relation [W3C.CR-preload-20190626] and the "103"
      status code [RFC8297].

   *  "Fields" informs the server of the list of fields of the retrieved
      resources that will be used.  In order to improve performance and
      reduce bandwidth usage, the server can omit the fields not
      requested.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dunglas-vulcain/

There is also a HTML versions available at:
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-dunglas-vulcain-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dunglas-vulcain-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/