Subject: I-D Action: draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 16:44:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transport Network aware Mobility for 5G
        Authors         : Uma Chunduri
                          Richard Li
                          Sridhar Bhaskaran
                          John Kaippallimalil
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Praveen Muley
	Filename        : draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-07.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2020-09-28

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework and mapping from slices in 5G
   mobile systems to transport slices in IP and Layer 2 transport
   networks.  Slices in 5G systems are characterized by latency bounds,
   reservation guarantees, jitter, data rates, availability, mobility
   speed, usage density, criticality and priority should be mapped to
   transport slice characteristics that include bandwidth, latency and
   criteria such as isolation, directionality and disjoint routes.
   Mobile slice criteria need to be mapped to the appropriate transport
   slice and capabilities offered in backhaul, midhaul and fronthaul
   connectivity segments between radio side network functions and user
   plane function (gateway).

   This document describes how mobile network functions map its slice
   criteria to identifiers in IP packets that transport segments use to
   grant transport layer services.  This is based on mapping between
   mobile and IP transport underlays (IPv6, MPLS, IPv4, Segment
   Routing).  Applicability of this framework and a new transport
   network underlay routing mechanism, Preferred Path Routing (PPR),
   which brings slice properties and works with any underlying transport
   (L2, IPv4, SR and MPLS) is also discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/