Subject: I-D Action: draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 16:01:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC Version Aliasing
        Author          : Martin Duke
	Filename        : draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-09-21

Abstract:
   The QUIC transport protocol [QUIC-TRANSPORT] preserves its future
   extensibility partly by specifying its version number.  There will be
   a relatively small number of published version numbers for the
   foreseeable future.  This document provides a method for clients and
   servers to negotiate the use of other version numbers in subsequent
   connections and encrypts Initial Packets using secret keys instead of
   standard ones.  If a sizeable subset of QUIC connections use this
   mechanism, this should prevent middlebox ossification around the
   current set of published version numbers and the contents of QUIC
   Initial packets, as well as improving the protocol's privacy
   properties.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing/

There is also a HTML versions available at:
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/