Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 05:59:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) for CoAP
        Authors         : Ana Minaburo
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Ricardo Andreasen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-16.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2020-10-20

Abstract:
   This draft defines how Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) can
   be applied to the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP).  SCHC is a
   header compression mechanism adapted for constrained devices.  SCHC
   uses a static description of the header to reduce the redundancy and
   size of the header's information.  While RFC 8724 describes the SCHC
   compression and fragmentation framework, and its application for
   IPv6/UDP headers, this document applies SCHC for CoAP headers.  The
   CoAP header structure differs from IPv6 and UDP since CoAP uses a
   flexible header with a variable number of options, themselves of
   variable length.  The CoAP protocol messages format is asymmetric:
   the request messages have a header format different from the one in
   the response messages.  This specification gives guidance on applying
   SCHC to flexible headers and how to leverage the asymmetry for more
   efficient compression Rules.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/