Subject: I-D Action: draft-pp-recursive-authoritative-opportunistic-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:45:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Recursive to Authoritative DNS with Opportunistic Encryption
        Author          : Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-pp-recursive-authoritative-opportunistic-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-10-29

Abstract:
   This document describes a use case and a method for a DNS recursive
   resolver to use opportunistic encryption when communicating with
   authoritative servers.  A motivating use case for this method is that
   more encryption on the Internet is better, and opportunistic
   encryption is better than no encryption at all.  The method here is
   optional for both the recursive resolver and the authoritative
   server.  Nothing in this method prevents use cases and methods that
   require authenticated encryption.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pp-recursive-authoritative-opportunistic/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pp-recursive-authoritative-opportunistic-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pp-recursive-authoritative-opportunistic-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pp-recursive-authoritative-opportunistic-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/