Subject: I-D Action: draft-hongcs-t2trg-pem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 07:10:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Proactive energy management for smart city with edge computing using meta-reinforcement learning scheme
        Authors         : Choong Seon Hong
                          Md. Shirajum Munir
                          Kitae Kim
                          Seok Won Kang
	Filename        : draft-hongcs-t2trg-pem-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-10-15

Abstract:
Renewable energy enabled sustainable energy management ensures
a high degree of reliability in order to fulfill the energy
demand of a smart city. In such case, renewable energy
generation is random over time and also energy consumption of
smart city users’ is nondeterministic in nature. Therefore, to
ensure sustainable energy management for smart city,
a proactive energy management scheme should be integrated into
smart city network. In which, edge node should be considered as
local computational unit for each energy user and microgrid
controller should be played the role of energy management decision
aggregator. As a result, proactive energy management scheme
not only overcomes the challenges of renewable energy-aware
demand scheduling but also establishes a strong relationship
for both energy generation and consumption over time.
Therefore, a distributed mechanism is considered, where the edge
node for executing local agent to determine an individual
users’ policy with respect to energy consumption and renewable
energy generation (users’ own sources). On the other hand,
microgrid controller determines meta-policy through a meta-agent
with Recurrent Neural Network (RNN). Since a meta-agent accepts
local policy as an input with historical observations, which
ensures fast and efficient execution of proactive energy management
for the smart city.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hongcs-t2trg-pem/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hongcs-t2trg-pem-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hongcs-t2trg-pem-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/