Subject: I-D Action: draft-edge-ai-cache-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 00:44:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Edge AI assists Partial Content Caching with Smart Content Prefetching Scheme
        Authors         : Choong Seon Hong
                          Kyi Thar
                          Ki Tae Kim
                          Seok Won Kang
	Filename        : draft-edge-ai-cache-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-10-13

Abstract:
Watching videos (Contents) from mobile devices has been causing most of
the network traffic and is projected to remain to increase
exponentially. Thus, numerous types of content and chunk based caching
schemes have been proposed to handle the increasing traffic. Those
caching schemes cache the whole videos at the edge nodes, but most
of the users view only the beginning of the videos. Hence, caching
the complete video on the edge node is an ineffective solution to
reduce the network traffic as well as to improve the cache
utilization. Thus, a chunk-level caching scheme to store popular
videos partially and a smart prefetching scheme is needed to
provide the missing chunks of the video.

This Internet-Draft will expire on August 09, 2021.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-edge-ai-cache/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-edge-ai-cache-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-edge-ai-cache-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/