Subject: I-D Action: draft-hongcs-t2trg-ucapto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 07:10:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : User Centric Assignment and Partial Task Offloading for Mobile Edge Computing in Ultra-Dense Networks
        Authors         : Choong Seon Hong
                          Chit Wutyee Zaw
                          Seok Won Kang
	Filename        : draft-hongcs-t2trg-ucapto-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-10-15

Abstract:
By collocating servers at base stations, Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
provides low latency to users for real time applications such as
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. To satisfy the growing demand
of users, base stations are deployed densely in highly populated
areas. Coordinated Multipoint Transmission (CoMP) allows users to
connect to multiple base stations simultaneously. In ultra-dense
networks, by offloading the partials of tasks to different base
stations, users can achieve lower latency and utilize the computation
ability of the surrounding base stations. To control the signaling
overhead, the number of base stations that can be connected should be
limited. In this paper, we propose a user-centric base station
assignment algorithm by considering the possible load of base
stations. Moreover, a partial task offloading algorithm is proposed
to utilize the computation of under-loaded base stations. Resource
allocation is then solved by convex optimization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hongcs-t2trg-ucapto/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hongcs-t2trg-ucapto-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hongcs-t2trg-ucapto-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/