Subject: I-D Action: draft-ma-netconf-with-system-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 23:25:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : With System Capability for NETCONF
        Authors         : Feng Chong
                          Qiufang Ma
	Filename        : draft-ma-netconf-with-system-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2020-10-20

Abstract:
   The NETCONF protocol [RFC6241] defines ways to read configuration and
   state data from a NETCONF server.  In some cases, a client-configured
   data item refers to a non-existent system generated data item
   (e.g.,the auto-create interfaces ("eth1") is not yet present).  In
   many situations, the system configured data item doesn't need to be
   know to the client and client-configured data item will automatically
   be removed from the operational state datastore and thus only appear
   in the intended datastore if client-configured data item doesn't
   exist.  In other situations system configured data item needs to be
   known and overriden by the client.  Not all server implementations
   treat the system configuration data in the same way.  This document
   defines a capability-based extension to the NETCONF protocol that
   allows the NETCONF client to identify how system configuration are
   processed by the server, and also defines a new mechanism for client
   control of server processing of system configuration data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ma-netconf-with-system/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ma-netconf-with-system-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ma-netconf-with-system-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/