Subject: I-D Action: draft-jia-flex-ip-address-structure-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 21:07:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Flexible IP: An Adaptable IP Address Structure
        Authors         : Yihao Jia
                          Zhe Chen
                          Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-jia-flex-ip-address-structure-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-10-31

Abstract:
   Along as the popularization and adoption of IP in emerging scenarios,
   challenges emerge as well due to the ossified address structure.  To
   enable TCP/IP in networks that previously using exclusive protocol, a
   flexible address structure would be far more preferred for their
   particular properties
   [draft-jia-scenarios-flexible-address-structure].

   This document describes a flexible address structure -- Flexible IP
   (FlexIP) acting on limited domains [RFC8799].  FlexIP is expected to
   proactively adapt scenarios under flexible address structure.
   Meanwhile, FlexIP still benefit from global reachability based on the
   IPv6 interoperability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jia-flex-ip-address-structure/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-jia-flex-ip-address-structure-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/