Subject: I-D Action: draft-xiong-rtgwg-precise-tn-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 20:36:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Problem Statement for Precise Transport Networking
        Authors         : Quan Xiong
                          Peng Liu
	Filename        : draft-xiong-rtgwg-precise-tn-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-10-31

Abstract:
   As described in [I-D.xiong-rtgwg-precise-tn-requirements], the
   deterministic networks not only need to offer the Service Level
   Agreements (SLA) guarantees such as low latency and jitter, low
   packet loss and high reliability, but also need to support the
   precise services such as flexible resource allocation and service
   isolation so as to the Precise Transport Networking.  However, under
   the existing IP network architecture with statistical multiplexing
   characteristics, the existing deterministic technologies are facing
   long-distance transmission, queue scheduling, dynamic flows and per-
   flow state maintenance and other controversial issues especially in
   Wide Area Network (WAN) applications.

   This document analyses the problems in existing deterministic
   technologies to provide precise services in various industries such
   as 5G networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xiong-rtgwg-precise-tn-problem-statement/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xiong-rtgwg-precise-tn-problem-statement-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xiong-rtgwg-precise-tn-problem-statement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xiong-rtgwg-precise-tn-problem-statement-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/