Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ship-edge-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:00:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using Short Hierarchical IP Addresses at Edge Networks
        Author          : Haoyu Song
	Filename        : draft-song-ship-edge-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-10-20

Abstract:
   To mitigate the IPv6 header overhead in edge networks, this draft
   proposes to use short hierarchical addresses excluding the network
   prefix within edge networks.  An edge network can be organized into a
   hierarchical architecture containing one or more levels of networks.
   The border routers for each hierarchical level are responsible for
   address augmenting and pruning.  Specifically, the top-level border
   routers convert the internal IP header to and from the standard IPv6
   header.  This draft presents an incrementally deployable scheme
   allowing packet header to be effectively compressed in edge networks
   without affecting the network interoperability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ship-edge/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ship-edge-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ship-edge-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/