Subject: I-D Action: draft-huitema-quic-mpath-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 23:42:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC Multipath Negotiation Option
        Author          : Christian Huitema
	Filename        : draft-huitema-quic-mpath-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-10-20

Abstract:
   The initial version of QUIC provides support for path migration.  In
   this draft, we argue that there is a very small distance between
   supporting path migration and supporting simulatneous traffic on
   multipath.  Instead of using an implicit algorithm to discard unused
   paths, we propose a simple option to allow explicit management of
   active and inactive paths.  Once paths are explicitly managed, pretty
   much all other requirements for multipath support can be met by
   appropriate algorithms for scheduling transmissions on specific
   paths.  These algorithms can be implemented on the sender side, and
   do not require specific extensions, except maybe a measurement of one
   way delays.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huitema-quic-mpath-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huitema-quic-mpath-option-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-huitema-quic-mpath-option-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/