Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 23:31:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCE Controlled ID Space
        Authors         : Cheng Li
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Aijun Wang
                          Weiqiang Cheng
                          Chao Zhou
	Filename        : draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-07.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-10-30

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides a
   mechanisms for the Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
   computations in response to Path Computation Clients (PCCs) requests.
   The Stateful PCE extensions allow stateful control of Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) using PCEP.  Furthermore, PCE can be used for computing paths
   in the SR networks.

   Stateful PCE provide active control of MPLS-TE LSPs via PCEP, for a
   model where the PCC delegates control over one or more locally
   configured LSPs to the PCE.  Further, stateful PCE could also create
   and remove PCE-initiated LSPs by itself.  A PCE-based Central
   Controller (PCECC) simplify the processing of a distributed control
   plane by integrating with elements of Software-Defined Networking
   (SDN).

   In some use cases, such as PCECC or Binding Segment Identifier (SID)
   for Segment Routing (SR), there are requirements for a stateful PCE
   to make allocation of labels, SIDs, etc.  These use cases require PCE
   aware of various identifier spaces from where to make allocations on
   behalf of a PCC.  This document describes a mechanism for a PCC to
   inform the PCE of the identifier space set aside for the PCE control
   via PCEP.  The identifier could be an MPLS label, a SID or any other
   to-be-defined identifier that can be allocated by a PCE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/