Subject: I-D Action: draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 04:52:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Applicability of Abstraction and Control of Traffic Engineered Networks (ACTN) to Network Slicing
        Authors         : Daniel King
                          John Drake
                          Haomian Zheng
	Filename        : draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-08.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2020-10-02

Abstract:
   Network abstraction is a technique that can be applied to a network
   domain that utilizes a set of policies to select network resources
   and obtain a view of potential connectivity across the network.

   Network slicing is an approach to network operations that builds on
   the concept of network abstraction to provide programmability,
   flexibility, and modularity.  It may use techniques such as Software
   Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) to
   create multiple logical or virtual networks, each tailored for a set
   of services share the same set of requirements.

   Abstraction and Control of Traffic Engineered Networks (ACTN) is
   described in RFC 8453.  It defines an SDN-based architecture that
   relies on the concept of network and service abstraction to detach
   network and service control from the underlying data plane.

   This document outlines the applicability of ACTN to network slicing
   in a Traffic Engineering (TE) network that utilizes IETF technology.
   It also identifies the features of network slicing not currently
   within the scope of ACTN, and indicates where ACTN might be extended.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/