Subject: I-D Action: draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 14:11:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Realizing Network Slices in IP/MPLS Networks
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
	Filename        : draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2020-10-30

Abstract:
   Network slicing provides the ability to partition a physical network
   into multiple isolated logical networks of varying sizes, structures,
   and functions so that each slice can be dedicated to specific
   services or customers.  Network slices need to operate in parallel
   with varying degrees of isolation while providing slice elasticity in
   terms of network resource allocation.  The Differentiated Service
   (Diffserv) model allows for carrying multiple services on top of a
   single physical network by relying on compliant nodes to apply
   specific forwarding treatments on to packets that carry the
   respective Diffserv code point.  This document proposes a solution
   based on the Diffserv model to realize network slicing in IP/MPLS
   networks.  The proposed solution is agnostic to the path control
   technology used in the network slicing domain and allows service
   differentiation of traffic within a given network slice.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/