Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 02:01:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) to Support Resource Sharing-based Path Computation
        Authors         : Xian Zhang
                          Haomian Zheng
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Victor Lopez
                          Yunbin Xu
	Filename        : draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-13.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-10-16

Abstract:
   Resource sharing in a network means two or more Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) use common pieces of resource along their paths. This can
   help save network resources and is useful in scenarios such as LSP
   recovery or when two LSPs do not need to be active at the same time.
   A Path Computation Element (PCE) is responsible for path computation
   with such requirement.

   Existing extensions to the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP)
   allow one path computation request for an LSP to be associated with
   other (existing) LSPs through the use of the PCEP Association
   Object.

   This document extends PCEP in order to support resource-sharing-
   based path computation as another use of the Association Object to
   enable better efficiency in the computation and in the resultant
   paths and network resource usage.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/