Subject: I-D Action: draft-mishra-6man-variable-slaac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 21:43:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SLAAC with prefixes of arbitrary length in PIO (Variable SLAAC)
        Authors         : Gyan Mishra
                          Alexandre Petrescu
                          Naveen Kottapalli
                          Dusan Mudric
                          Dmytro Shytyi
	Filename        : draft-mishra-6man-variable-slaac-00.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2020-10-29

Abstract:
   This draft proposes the use of arbitrary length prefixes in PIO for
   SLAAC.  A prefix of length 65 in PIO, for example, would be permitted
   to form an addresses whose interface identifier length is length 63,
   which allows several benefits.

   In the past, various IPv6 addressing models have been proposed based
   on a subnet hierarchy embedding a 64-bit prefix.  The last remnant of
   IPv6 classful addressing is a inflexible interface identifier
   boundary at /64.  This document proposes flexibility to the fixed
   position of that boundary for interface addressing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mishra-6man-variable-slaac/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mishra-6man-variable-slaac-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mishra-6man-variable-slaac-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/