Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:42:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Network Security Device Performance
        Authors         : Balamuhunthan Balarajah
                          Carsten Rossenhoevel
                          Brian Monkman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-05.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2020-10-30

Abstract:
   This document provides benchmarking terminology and methodology for
   next-generation network security devices including next-generation
   firewalls (NGFW), next-generation intrusion detection and prevention
   systems (NGIDS/NGIPS) and unified threat management (UTM)
   implementations.  This document aims to strongly improve the
   applicability, reproducibility, and transparency of benchmarks and to
   align the test methodology with today's increasingly complex layer 7
   application use cases.  The main areas covered in this document are
   test terminology, test configuration parameters, and benchmarking
   methodology for NGFW and NGIDS/NGIPS to start with.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/