Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarathchandra-coin-appcentres-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 08:06:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In-Network Computing for App-Centric Micro-Services
        Authors         : Dirk Trossen
                          Chathura Sarathchandra
                          Michael Boniface
	Filename        : draft-sarathchandra-coin-appcentres-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2020-10-23

Abstract:
   The application-centric deployment of 'Internet' services has
   increased over the past ten years with many millions of applications
   providing user-centric services, executed on increasingly more
   powerful smartphones that are supported by Internet-based cloud
   services in distributed data centres, the latter mainly provided by
   large scale players such as Google, Amazon and alike. This draft
   outlines a vision for evolving those data centres towards executing
   app-centric micro-services; we dub this evolved data centre as an
   AppCentre. Complemented with the proliferation of such AppCentres at
   the edge of the network, they will allow for such micro-services to
   be distributed across many places of execution, including mobile
   terminals themselves, while specific micro-service chains equal
   today's applications in existing smartphones. We outline the key
   enabling technologies that needs to be provided for such evolution to
   be realized, including references to ongoing IETF work in some
   areas.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarathchandra-coin-appcentres/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarathchandra-coin-appcentres-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sarathchandra-coin-appcentres-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarathchandra-coin-appcentres-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/