Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 02:06:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Multicast DNS to protect privacy when exposing ICE candidates
        Authors         : Youenn Fablet
                          Jeroen de Borst
                          Justin Uberti
                          Qingsi Wang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2020-10-19

Abstract:
   WebRTC applications collect ICE candidates as part of the process of
   creating peer-to-peer connections.  To maximize the probability of a
   direct peer-to-peer connection, client private IP addresses are
   included in this candidate collection.  However, disclosure of these
   addresses has privacy implications.  This document describes a way to
   share local IP addresses with other clients while preserving client
   privacy.  This is achieved by concealing IP addresses with
   dynamically generated Multicast DNS (mDNS) names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/