Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-spring-sr-sfc-control-plane-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 23:46:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Framework for Constructing Service Function Chaining Systems Based on Segment Routing
        Authors         : Cheng Li
                          Ahmed El Sawaf
                          Ruizhao Hu
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-li-spring-sr-sfc-control-plane-framework-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-10-30

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) allows for a flexible definition of end-to-end
   paths by encoding paths as sequences of topological sub-paths, called
   "segments".  Segment routing architecture can be implemented over an
   MPLS data plane as well as an IPv6 data plane.

   Service Function Chaining (SFC) provides support for the creation of
   composite services that consist of an ordered set of Service
   Functions (SF) that are to be applied to packets and/or frames
   selected as a result of classification.

   SFC can be implemented based on several technologies, such as Network
   Service Header (NSH) and SR.  This document describes a framework for
   constructing SFC based on Segment Routing.  The document reviews the
   control plane solutions for route distribution of service function
   instance and service function path, and steering packets into a
   service function chain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-spring-sr-sfc-control-plane-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-spring-sr-sfc-control-plane-framework-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-spring-sr-sfc-control-plane-framework-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-spring-sr-sfc-control-plane-framework-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/