Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 23:07:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendations for Secure Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Ralph Holz
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2020-10-29

Abstract:
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security
   (DTLS) are widely used to protect data exchanged over application
   protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, POP, SIP, and XMPP.  Over the
   last few years, several serious attacks on TLS have emerged,
   including attacks on its most commonly used cipher suites and their
   modes of operation.  This document provides recommendations for
   improving the security of deployed services that use TLS and DTLS.
   The recommendations are applicable to the majority of use cases.

   This document was published as RFC 7525 when the industry was in the
   midst of its transition to TLS 1.2.  Years later this transition is
   largely complete and TLS 1.3 is widely available.  Given the new
   environment, we believe new guidance is needed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/