Subject: I-D Action: draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-dyncast-ps-usecase-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 19:51:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dynamic-Anycast in Compute First Networking (CFN-Dyncast) Use Cases and Problem Statement
        Authors         : Liang Geng
                          Peng Liu
                          Peter Willis
	Filename        : draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-dyncast-ps-usecase-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-10-30

Abstract:
   Service providers are exploring the edge computing to achieve better
   response time, control over data and carbon energy saving by moving
   the computing services towards the edge of the network in scenarios
   of 5G MEC (Multi-access Edge Computing), virtualized central office,
   and others.  Providing services by sharing computing resources from
   multiple edges is emerging and becoming more and more useful for
   computationally intensive tasks.  The service nodes attached to
   multiple edges normally have two key features, service equivalency
   and service dynamism.  Ideally they should serve the service in a
   computational balanced way.  However lots of approaches dispatch the
   service in a static way, e.g., to the geographically closest edge,
   and they may cause unbalanced usage of computing resources at edges
   which further degrades user experience and system utilization.  This
   draft provides an overview of scenarios and problems associated.

   Networking taking account of computing resource metrics as one of its
   top parameters is called Compute First Networking (CFN) in this
   document.  The document identifies several key areas which require
   more investigations in architecture and protocol to achieve the
   balanced computing and networking resource utilization among edges in
   CFN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-dyncast-ps-usecase/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-dyncast-ps-usecase-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-dyncast-ps-usecase-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/