Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 06:36:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Revision of core Email specifications WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
        Author          : John C. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 108
	Date            : 2020-10-06

Abstract:
   This document is a specification of the basic protocol for Internet
   electronic mail transport.  It consolidates, updates, and clarifies
   several previous documents, making all or parts of most of them
   obsolete.  It covers the SMTP extension mechanisms and best practices
   for the contemporary Internet, but does not provide details about
   particular extensions.  Although SMTP was designed as a mail
   transport and delivery protocol, this specification also contains
   information that is important to its use as a "mail submission"
   protocol for "split-UA" (User Agent) mail reading systems and mobile
   environments.  This document replaces the earlier version with the
   same title in RFC 5321.
   [[CREF1: Note in Draft: Except for the last sentence, the above is
   unchanged from 5321 and may need adjusting in the light of RFC 6409
   as an Internet Standard.]]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/