Subject: I-D Action: draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 16:06:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 5G Wireless Wireline Convergence User Plane Encapsulation (5WE)
        Authors         : Dave Allan
                          Donald E. Eastlake
                          David Woolley
	Filename        : draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation-07.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-10-01

Abstract:
   As part of providing wireline access to the 5G Core (5GC), deployed
   wireline networks carry user data between 5G residential gateways
   and the 5G Access Gateway Function (AGF). The encapsulation method
   specified in this document supports the multiplexing of traffic for
   multiple PDU sessions within a VLAN delineated access circuit,
   permits legacy equipment in the data path to inspect certain packet
   fields, carries 5G QoS information associated with the packet data,
   and provides efficient encoding. It achieves this by specific points
   of similarity with the RFC 2516 PPPoE data packet encapsulation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/