Subject: I-D Action: draft-kampanakis-curdle-pq-ssh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:56:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Post-quantum public key algorithms for the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol
        Authors         : Panos Kampanakis
                          Douglas Stebila
                          Markus Friedl
                          Torben Hansen
                          Dimitrios Sikeridis
	Filename        : draft-kampanakis-curdle-pq-ssh-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-10-21

Abstract:
   This document defines hybrid key exchange methods based on classical
   ECDH key exchange and post-quantum key encapsulation schemes.  These
   methods are defined for use in the SSH Transport Layer Protocol.  It
   also defines post-quantum public key authentication methods based on
   post-quantum signature schemes.  These methods are defined for use in
   the SSH Authentication Protocol.

Note

   EDNOTE: The goal of this draft is to start the standardization of PQ
   algorithms in SSH early to mitigate the potential record-and-harvest
   later with a quantum computer attacks.  This draft is not expected to
   be finalized before the NIST PQ Project has standardized PQ
   algorithms.  After NIST has standardized then this document will
   replace TBD1, TBD3 with the appropriate algorithms and parameters
   before proceeding to ratification.

   EDNOTE: Discussion of this work is encouraged to happen on the IETF
   WG Mailing List or in the GitHub repository which contains the draft:
   https://github.com/csosto-pk/pq-ssh/issues .

   *Change Log* [EDNOTE: Remove befor publicaton].

   draft-kampanakis-curdle-pq-ssh-00
      *  Initial draft

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kampanakis-curdle-pq-ssh/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-kampanakis-curdle-pq-ssh-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/