Subject: I-D Action: draft-olopade-6man-slaac-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:43:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Explicit signaling of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Renumbering Events
        Author          : Loba Olopade
	Filename        : draft-olopade-6man-slaac-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-10-19

Abstract:
   After a renumbering event in an IPv6 network utilizing SLAAC, hosts
   might continue to use stale addresses, as they are unaware of the
   changes. Likewise, routers, who may deprecate the use of these
   prefixes, are unaware of their use on the hosts. This scenario could
   have an adverse effect on communication with the host. This document
   proposes changes to the SLAAC algorithm that will explicitly allow
   routers to learn of these stale prefixes that are still assigned on
   the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-olopade-6man-slaac-signaling/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olopade-6man-slaac-signaling-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-olopade-6man-slaac-signaling-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/