Subject: I-D Action: draft-gao-mpls-teas-rsvpte-state-update-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 08:01:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : State-updating mechanism in RSVP-TE for MPLS network
        Authors         : Jun Gao
                          Jinyou Dai
	Filename        : draft-gao-mpls-teas-rsvpte-state-update-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-10-29

Abstract:
   RSVP-TE has the following advantages: source routing capability,
   and the ability to reserve resources hop by hop along the LSP path.

   RSVP takes a "soft state" approach to managing the reservation
   state in routers and hosts. The use of Refresh messages to cover
   many possible failures has resulted in a number of operational
   problems.  One problem relates to scaling, another relates to the
   reliability and latency of RSVP Signaling.

   This document describes a number of mechanisms that can be used to
   reduce processing overhead requirements of refresh messages. These
   extension present no backwards compatibility issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gao-mpls-teas-rsvpte-state-update/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gao-mpls-teas-rsvpte-state-update-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gao-mpls-teas-rsvpte-state-update-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gao-mpls-teas-rsvpte-state-update-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/