Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 10:48:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Null-Register packing
        Authors         : Vikas Ramesh Kamath
                          Ramakrishnan Chokkanathapuram Sundaram
                          Raunak Banthia
                          Ananya Gopal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-06.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-10-31

Abstract:
   In PIM-SM networks PIM Register messages are sent by the Designated
   Router (DR) to the Rendezvous Point (RP) to signal the presence of
   Multicast sources in the network.  There are periodic PIM Null-
   Registers sent by a DR to the RP to keep the state alive at the RP as
   long as the source is active.  The PIM Null-Register message carries
   information about a single Multicast source and group.

   This document defines a standard to send information about multiple
   multicast sources and multicast groups in a single PIM Null-Register
   message, in a packed format.  This document also discusses the
   interoperability between PIM routers that support the new packed
   message format and PIM routers that do not support the new format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/