Subject: I-D Action: draft-bfd-fsm-health-status-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:31:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : FSM health status support in BFD
        Author          : Palpandi Perumal
	Filename        : draft-bfd-fsm-health-status-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2020-10-13

Abstract:
Bidirectional Forwarding Detection operates in different modes.
When BFD runs in asynchronous mode requires hello packet needs
to be transmitted and received on regular intervals. In software
based BFD application, hello packets processing path may be
heavy weight which may involve many processing levels to reach
BFD application. On a scaled system, processing delay may not
be constant at all the time and this processing delay does appear
at any point between software path entry point and BFD application.
This delay needs to be identified and suppressed otherwise system
may end up on false link failure detection. This internet draft
deals on this particular case.

Since introducing new Diagnostic bit, it requires to update RFC5880.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bfd-fsm-health-status/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bfd-fsm-health-status-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bfd-fsm-health-status-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/