Subject: I-D Action: draft-ohta-qec-inapplicable-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 01:33:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Quantum Error Correction Inapplicable to Really Entangled States
        Author          : Masataka Ohta
	Filename        : draft-ohta-qec-inapplicable-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2020-10-30

Abstract:
   Though quantum error correction assumes localized error model of Shor
   that errors on a qubit are caused by interaction with its local
   environment, enabling essentially classical error correction for
   unentangled states, the model is applied to entangled states
   improperly without involving local environment states in the
   entanglement.

   That is, when an entangled state (Q) is represented as superposition
   of unentangled terms (Qi) as Q=Q1+Q2+...+Qn, local environment states
   around qubits are, in general, different term by term. Q will be,
   with term-specific error operators (Ei), E1*Q1+E2*Q2+...+En*Qn, not,
   with a common error operator (E) assumed by Shor, E*(Q1+Q2+...+Qn).

   A complication is that Shor's error model is a little quantum,
   allowing for two different local environment states around a qubit.
   As such, quantum error correction is applicable to some trivially
   entangled states including states used by Shor code but not to really
   entangled states.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ohta-qec-inapplicable/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ohta-qec-inapplicable-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ohta-qec-inapplicable-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/