Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 14:56:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Header Protection for S/MIME
        Authors         : Bernie Hoeneisen
                          Daniel Kahn Gillmor
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   S/MIME version 3.1 has introduced a feasible standardized option to
   accomplish Header Protection.  However, implementations of Header
   Protection can cause rendering issues on the receiving side.  Clearer
   specifications regarding message processing, particularly with
   respect to header sections, are needed in order to resolve these
   rendering issues.

   In order to help implementers to correctly compose and render email
   messages with Header Protection, this document updates S/MIME Header
   Protection specifications with additional guidance on MIME format,
   sender and receiver processing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/