Subject: I-D Action: draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 08:13:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Multi-Domain Extension: Challenges, Existing Efforts and Next Steps
        Authors         : Qiao Xiang
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   The emerging multi-domain applications, such as flexible interdomain
   routing, distributed, federated machine learning and multi-domain
   collaborative dataset transfer, can benefit substantially from
   getting information from networks.  The ALTO base protocol [RFC7285]
   provides a northbound interface for applications to retrieve the
   network information.  In particular, it specifies the communication
   between an ALTO client and an ALTO server, where the ALTO is
   implicitly assumed to be able to answer any query from the ALTO
   client.  However, it does not specify the cases when the network
   information are originated from multiple domains (i.e.,
   administrative entities or geographically partitions).  This document
   summarizes the discussion on the ALTO weekly meeting since IETF 108
   on how to extend ALTO to support multi-domain applications.  It
   identifies the key challenges for retrieving network information from
   multiple networks, reviews the existing efforts in the work group,
   and discusses the next steps to fully address the challenges.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-extension/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-extension-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-extension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/