Subject: I-D Action: draft-gao-alto-new-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 14:10:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: New Transport Layer Protocols
        Author          : Kai Gao
	Filename        : draft-gao-alto-new-transport-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   The current ALTO transport is based on HTTP/1.x connections between
   ALTO servers and ALTO clients.  On the other hand, recent extensions
   to HTTP/1.x such as HTTP/2 [RFC7540] and HTTP/3 [I-D.ietf-quic-http]
   introduce capabilities such as server push and stream multiplexing,
   which can potentially be integrated into ALTO to improve ALTO
   capabilities such as incremental updates.  This document identifies
   use cases of ALTO and its extensions that may benefit from the
   advanced features of HTTP/2 and HTTP/3, and proposes ALTO extensions
   to fully leverage the benefits.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gao-alto-new-transport/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gao-alto-new-transport-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/