Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 01:48:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CBOR Encoding of X.509 Certificates (CBOR Certificates)
        Authors         : Shahid Raza
                          Joel Höglund
                          Göran Selander
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Martin Furuhed
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-04.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2020-11-24

Abstract:
   This document specifies a CBOR encoding of PKIX profiled X.509
   Certificates.  The resulting certificates are called "CBOR
   certificates".  The CBOR encoding supports a large subset of RFC
   5280, while at the same time producing very small sizes for
   certificates compatible with RFC 7925.  The CBOR encoding can be used
   to compress DER encoded X.509 certificates and to encode natively
   signed certificates.  When uses to compress DER encoded X.509
   certificates, the CBOR encoding can in many cases compress RFC 7925
   profiled certificates with over 50%. The document also specifies COSE
   headers for CBOR certificates as well as a TLS certificate type for
   CBOR certificates.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/