Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 01:38:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Key Exchange Without Forward Secrecy is Not Recommended
        Author          : John Preuß Mattsson
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2020-11-18

Abstract:
   Key exchange without forward secrecy enables passive monitoring
   [RFC7258].  Massive pervasive monitoring attacks relying on key
   exchange without forward secrecy has been reported
   [I-D.ietf-emu-aka-pfs].  If key exchange without Diffe-Hellan is
   used, compromise of the long-term authenticatation key enables a
   passive attacker to compromise past and future sessions.  All TLS 1.2
   cipher suites without forward secrecy has been marked as NOT
   RECOMMENDED [RFC8447], and static RSA has been forbidden in TLS 1.3
   [RFC8446]. psk_ke does not provide forward secrecy and is NOT
   RECOMMENDED.  This document sets the IANA registration of psk_ke to
   NOT RECOMMENDED.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/