Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 10:05:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CoAP: Echo, Request-Tag, and Token Processing
        Authors         : Christian Amsüss
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Göran Selander
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-11.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   This document specifies enhancements to the Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP) that mitigate security issues in particular use
   cases.  The Echo option enables a CoAP server to verify the freshness
   of a request or to force a client to demonstrate reachability at its
   claimed network address.  The Request-Tag option allows the CoAP
   server to match block-wise message fragments belonging to the same
   request.  This document updates RFC7252 with respect to the client
   Token processing requirements, forbidding non-secure reuse of Tokens
   to ensure binding of response to request when CoAP is used with a
   security protocol, and with respect to amplification mitigation,
   where the use of Echo is now recommended.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/