Subject: I-D Action: draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 11:46:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transport Network aware Mobility for 5G
        Authors         : Uma Chunduri
                          Richard Li
                          Sridhar Bhaskaran
                          John Kaippallimalil
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Praveen Muley
	Filename        : draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-08.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework and mapping from slices in 5G
   mobile systems to transport slices in IP and Layer 2 transport
   networks.  Slices in 5G systems are characterized by latency bounds,
   reservation guarantees, jitter, data rates, availability, mobility
   speed, usage density, criticality and priority.  These
   characteristics should be mapped to the transport network slice
   characteristics that include bandwidth, latency and criteria such as
   isolation, directionality and disjoint routes.  Mobile slice criteria
   need to be mapped to the appropriate transport slice and capabilities
   offered in backhaul, midhaul and fronthaul connectivity segments
   between radio side network functions and user plane function
   (gateway).

   This document describes how mobile network functions map its slice
   criteria to identifiers in IP packets that transport network segments
   use to grant transport layer services during UE mobility scenarios.
   Applicability of this framework and underlying transport networks,
   which can enable different slice properties is also discussed.  This
   is based on mapping between mobile and transport underlays (L2,
   Segment Routing, IPv6, MPLS and IPv4).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/