Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 11:17:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The CONNECT-IP method for proxying IP traffic
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Marcus Ihlar
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   This draft specifies a new HTTP/3 method CONNECT-IP to proxy IP
   traffic.  CONNECT-IP can be used to convert a QUIC stream into a
   tunnel or initialise an HTTP datagram flow to a forwarding proxy.
   Each stream or HTTP datagram flow can be used separately to establish
   forwarding of an IP flow to potentially different remote hosts.  To
   request forwarding, a client connects to a proxy server by initiating
   a HTTP/3 connection and sends a CONNECT-IP indicating the address of
   the target server.  The proxy server then forwards payload received
   on that stream or in an HTTP datagram with a certain flow ID to the
   target server after adding an IP header to each of the frames
   received.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/