Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 11:14:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO extension: Entity Property Maps
        Authors         : Wendy Roome
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
                          Kai Gao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-15.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2020-11-26

Abstract:
   This document extends the base Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) Protocol by generalizing the concept of "endpoint properties"
   to generic types of entities, and by presenting those properties as
   maps, similar to the network and cost maps in the base ALTO protocol.
   The protocol is extended in two major directions.  First, from
   endpoints restricted to IP addresses to entities covering a wider and
   extensible set of objects; second, from properties on specific
   endpoints to entire entity property maps.  These extensions introduce
   additional features allowing entities and property values to be
   specific to a given information resource.  This is made possible by a
   generic and flexible design of entity and property types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/