Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 13:51:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Temporary Address Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Suresh Krishnan
                          Thomas Narten
                          Richard Draves
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-12.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   This document describes an extension to IPv6 Stateless Address
   Autoconfiguration that causes hosts to generate global scope
   addresses with randomized interface identifiers that change over
   time.  Changing global scope addresses over time limits the window of
   time during which eavesdroppers and other information collectors may
   trivially perform address-based network activity correlation when the
   same address is employed for multiple transactions by the same host.
   Additionally, it reduces the window of exposure of a host as being
   accessible via an address that becomes revealed as a result of active
   communication.  This document obsoletes RFC4941.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/