Subject: I-D Action: draft-rokui-5g-ietf-network-slice-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 07:59:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IETF Network Slice for 5G and its characteristics
        Authors         : Reza Rokui
                          Shunsuke Homma
                          Xavier de Foy
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Philip Eardley
                          Kiran Makhijani
                          Hannu Flinck
                          Rainer Schatzmayr
                          Ali Tizghadam
                          Christopher Janz
                          Henry Yu
	Filename        : draft-rokui-5g-ietf-network-slice-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   5G Network slicing is an approach to provide separate independent
   end-to-end logical network from User Equipment (UE) to various mobile
   applications where each network slice has its own Service Level
   Agreement (SLA) and Objectives (SLO) requirements.  Each end-to-end
   network slice consists of a multitude of contexts across RAN, Core
   and transport domains each with its own controller.  To provide
   automation, assurance and optimization of the 5G the network slices,
   a 5G E2E network slice orchestrator is needed which interacts with
   controllers in RAN, Core and Transport network domains.  The
   interfaces between the 5G E2E network slice orchestrator and RAN and
   Core controllers are defined in various 3GPP technical
   specifications.  However, 3GPP has not defined a similar interface
   for transport network.

   The aim of this document is to describe E2E network slicing and its
   relation to "IETF network slice" for 5G use-case.  It also provides
   an information model for control and mangement of IETF network slices
   for 5G.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rokui-5g-ietf-network-slice/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rokui-5g-ietf-network-slice-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rokui-5g-ietf-network-slice-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/