Subject: I-D Action: draft-tang-iiot-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 07:17:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 and 5G based Architecture for IIoT
        Authors         : Chaowei Tang
                          Haotian Wen
                          Shuai Ruan
                          Baojin Huang
                          Xinxin Feng
	Filename        : draft-tang-iiot-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   As the foundation of the current new round of industrial revolution,
   the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) based on Cyber-Physical
   Systems (CPS) [smart-factory] has become the focus of research in
   various countries.  In the entire development stage of IIoT, one of
   the key issues is the standardization of the IIoT architecture.  With
   the development of intelligent manufacturing technology, the number
   of the IIoT devices will increase sharply, and a large amount of data
   will be generated in the industrial manufacturing process.  However,
   traditional industrial networks cannot meet the IIoT requirements for
   high data rates, low latency, massive connections, interconnection
   and interoperability.  The current IIoT architectures also have
   various limitations: mobility, security, scalability, and
   communication reliability.  These limitations hinder the development
   and implementation of IIoT.  As a network layer protocol, IPv6 can
   solve the problem of IPv4 address exhaustion.  As a high-speed, low-
   latency wireless communication technology, 5G has great potential in
   promoting IIoT.  In order to solve the above problems, this draft
   proposes an IIoT architecture based on IPv6 and 5G.  It can provide
   high-speed, low-latency communication services, provide massive
   connectivity, mobility, scalability, security and other features for
   industrial device.  And the architecture can provide generalized,
   refined, and flexible network services for devices outside the
   factory.  And an information model is defined to standardize the
   representation of information in IIoT.  Finally, the draft discusses
   security challenges and recommendations in IIoT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tang-iiot-architecture/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-tang-iiot-architecture-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/