Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 05:28:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Carrying Virtual Transport Network Identifier in IPv6 Extension Header
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Chenhao Ma
	Filename        : draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual network which has a
   customized network topology and a set of dedicated or shared network
   resources allocated from the network infrastructure.  A VTN can be
   used as the underlay for one or a group of VPNs to provide enhanced
   VPN (VPN+) services.  In packet forwarding, some fields in data
   packet needs to be used to identify the VTN the packet belongs to, so
   that the VTN-specific processing can be performed.

   This document proposes a new option type to carry VTN ID in an IPv6
   extension headers to identify the Virtual Transport Network (VTN) the
   packet belongs to.  The procedure for processing of the VTN option is
   also specified.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/