Subject: I-D Action: draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 23:42:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Separation of Data Path and Data Flow Sublayers in the Transport Layer
        Author          : Hirochika Asai
	Filename        : draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2020-11-01

Abstract:
   This document reviews the architectural design of the transport
   layer.  In particular, this document separates the transport layer
   into two sublayers; the data path and the data flow layers.  The data
   path layer provides functionality on the data path, such as
   connection handling, path quality and trajectory monitoring, waypoint
   management, and congestion control.  The data flow layer provides
   additional functionality upon the data path layer, such as flow
   control for the receive buffer management, retransmission for
   reliable data delivery, and transport layer security.  The data path
   layer multiplexes multiple data flow layer protocols and provides
   data path information to the data flow layer to control data
   transmissions, such as prioritization and inverse multiplexing for
   multipath protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/