Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-security-protocol-comparison-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 07:47:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Comparison of CoAP Security Protocols
        Authors         : John Preuß Mattsson
                          Francesca Palombini
                          Malisa Vucinic
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-security-protocol-comparison-05.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   This document analyzes and compares the sizes of key exchange flights
   and the per-packet message size overheads when using different
   security protocols to secure CoAP.  The analyzed security protocols
   are DTLS 1.2, DTLS 1.3, TLS 1.2, TLS 1.3, EDHOC, OSCORE, and Group
   OSCORE.  The DTLS and TLS record layers are analyzed with and without
   6LoWPAN-GHC compression.  DTLS is analyzed with and without
   Connection ID.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-security-protocol-comparison/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-security-protocol-comparison-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lwig-security-protocol-comparison-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-security-protocol-comparison-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/