Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-evpn-applicability-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 06:27:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Applicability of EVPN to NVO3 Networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Matthew Bocci
                          Sami Boutros
                          Ali Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-evpn-applicability-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   In NVO3 networks, Network Virtualization Edge (NVE) devices sit at
   the edge of the underlay network and provide Layer-2 and Layer-3
   connectivity among Tenant Systems (TSes) of the same tenant.  The
   NVEs need to build and maintain mapping tables so that they can
   deliver encapsulated packets to their intended destination NVE(s).
   While there are different options to create and disseminate the
   mapping table entries, NVEs may exchange that information directly
   among themselves via a control-plane protocol, such as EVPN.  EVPN
   provides an efficient, flexible and unified control-plane option that
   can be used for Layer-2 and Layer-3 Virtual Network (VN) service
   connectivity.  This document describes the applicability of EVPN to
   NVO3 networks and how EVPN solves the challenges in those networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-evpn-applicability/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-evpn-applicability-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-evpn-applicability-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-evpn-applicability-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/