Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-nmrg-control-slicing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 03:24:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Centralized Control and Distributed Function Slicing for Fast Connection Establishment and Fault Recovery in Optical Networks
        Authors         : Xin Li
                          Lu Zhang
                          Jianghua Wei
                          Ying Tang
                          Shanguo Huang
	Filename        : draft-li-nmrg-control-slicing-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   Optical networks which support a large number of emerging
   applications, such as 5G, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of
   things, autonomous driving, etc., play an increasingly important
   role in the current world. All the time spectrum resources in
   optical networks have been treated equally. All spectrum resources
   form a resource pool which is allocated to applications bit by bit
   until it is all used up. Although this pattern reduces the
   complexity of resource maintenance, it has poor flexibility and high
   operation complexity for different types of applications. This draft
   proposes a framework of centralized control and distributed function
   slicing for fast connection establishment and fault recovery in
   optical networks. The proposed framework divides all spectrum
   resources into four functional areas, i.e., optical channel area,
   fault recovery area, resource pool area, and the reserved functional
   area. A functional area is responsible for a specific network
   function. This framework improves the flexibility of optical
   networks and can achieve fast connection establishment and fault
   recovery for the request with a highest service level.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-nmrg-control-slicing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-nmrg-control-slicing-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-nmrg-control-slicing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/