Subject: I-D Action: draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 05:14:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Considerations for Benchmarking Network Performance in Containerized Infrastructures
        Authors         : Kyoungjae Sun
                          Hyunsik Yang
                          Jangwon Lee
                          Quang Huy Nguyen
                          Younghan Kim
	Filename        : draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-05.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   This draft describes considerations for benchmarking network
   performance in containerized infrastructures.  In the containerized
   infrastructure, Virtualized Network Functions(VNFs) are deployed on
   operating-system-level virtualization platform by abstracting the
   user namespace as opposed to virtualization using a hypervisor.
   Leveraging this, the system configurations and networking scenarios
   for benchmarking will be partially changed by the way in which the
   resource allocation and network technologies specified for
   containerized VNFs.  In this draft, we compare the state of the art
   in a container networking architecture with networking on VM-based
   virtualized systems, and provide several test scenarios for
   benchmarking network performance in containerized infrastructures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/