Subject: I-D Action: draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 01:04:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Classful Transport Planes
        Authors         : Kaliraj Vairavakkalai
                          Natrajan Venkataraman
                          Balaji Rajagopalan
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2020-11-28

Abstract:
   This document specifies a mechanism, referred to as "service
   mapping", to express association of overlay routes with underlay
   routes satisfying a certain SLA, using BGP.  The document describes a
   framework for classifying underlay routes into transport classes, and
   mapping service routes to specific transport class.  The transport
   class maps to a desired SLA.

   It specifies BGP protocol procedures that enable dissimination of
   such service mapping information that may span across administrative
   domains.  It makes it possible to advertise multiple tunnels to the
   same destination.

   A new BGP transport layer address family (SAFI 76) is defined for
   this purpose that uses RFC-4364 technology and follows RFC-8277 NLRI
   encoding.  This new address family is called "BGP Classful
   Transport", aka BGP-CT.

   It carries transport prefixes across tunnel domain boundaries (e.g.
   in Inter-AS Option-C networks), parallel to BGP-LU (SAFI 4) . It
   dissiminates "Transport class" information for the transport prefixes
   across the participating domains, which is not possible with BGP-LU.
   This makes the end-to-end network a "Transport Class" aware tunneled
   network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/