Subject: I-D Action: draft-zuniga-mac-address-randomization-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 13:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MAC address randomization
        Authors         : Juan Carlos Zuniga
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Amelia Andersdotter
	Filename        : draft-zuniga-mac-address-randomization-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-11-01

Abstract:
   Internet privacy has become a major concern over the past few years.
   Users are becoming more aware that their online activity leaves a
   vast digital footprint, that communications are not always properly
   secured, and that their location and actions can be easily tracked.
   One of the main factors for the location tracking issue is the wide
   use of long-lasting identifiers, such as MAC addresses.

   There have been several initiatives at the IETF and the IEEE 802
   standards committees to overcome some of these privacy issues.  This
   document provides an overview of these activities, with the intention
   to inform the technical community about them, and help coordinate
   between present and futures standardization activities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zuniga-mac-address-randomization/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zuniga-mac-address-randomization-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zuniga-mac-address-randomization-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/