Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 13:57:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP-mixer formatting of multi-party Real-time text
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-11.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2020-11-22

Abstract:
   Real-time text mixers for multi-party sessions need to identify the
   source of each transmitted group of text so that the text can be
   presented by endpoints in suitable grouping with other text from the
   same source, while new text from other sources is also presented in
   readable grouping as received interleaved in real-time.

   Regional regulatory requirements specify provision of real-time text
   in multi-party calls.  RFC 4103 mixer implementations can use
   traditional RTP functions for source identification, but the mixer
   source switching performance is limited when using the default
   transmission characteristics with redundancy.

   Enhancements for RFC 4103 real-time text mixing is provided in this
   document, suitable for a centralized conference model that enables
   source identification and source switching.  The intended use is for
   real-time text mixers and multi-party-aware participant endpoints.
   The specified mechanism build on the standard use of the CSRC list in
   the RTP packet for source identification.  The method makes use of
   the same "text/t140" and "text/red" formats as for two-party
   sessions.

   A capability exchange is specified so that it can be verified that a
   participant can handle the multi-party coded real-time text stream.
   The capability is indicated by use of a media attribute "rtt-mixer".

   The document updates RFC 4103[RFC4103]

   A specifications of how a mixer can format text for the case when the
   endpoint is not multi-party aware is also provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-11.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/