Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 15:56:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Flash- Renumbering Events
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Jan Zorz
                          Richard Patterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   In scenarios where network configuration information related to IPv6
   prefixes becomes invalid without any explicit and reliable signaling
   of that condition (such as when a Customer Edge router crashes and
   reboots without knowledge of the previously-employed prefixes), nodes
   on the local network may continue using stale prefixes for an
   unacceptably long time (on the order of several days), thus resulting
   in connectivity problems.  This document describes this issue and
   discusses operational workarounds that may help to improve network
   robustness.  Additionally, it highlights areas where further work may
   be needed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/