Subject: I-D Action: draft-pep-email-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 15:25:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Email Formats and Protocols
        Author          : Hernani Marques
	Filename        : draft-pep-email-01.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   The proposed pretty Easy privacy (pEp) protocols for email are based
   upon already existing email and encryption formats (as PGP/MIME) and
   designed to allow for easily implementable and interoperable
   opportunistic encryption.  The protocols range from key distribution,
   secret key synchronization between own devices, to mechanisms of
   metadata and content protection.  The metadata and content protection
   is achieved by moving the whole message (not only the body part) into
   the PGP/MIME encrypted part.  The proposed pEp Email Formats not only
   achieve simple forms of metadata protection (like subject
   encryption), but also allow for sending email messages through a
   mixnet.  Such enhanced forms of metadata protection are explicitly
   discussed within the scope of this document.

   The purpose of pEp for email is to simplify and automate operations
   in order to make usage of email encryption a viability for a wider
   range of Internet users, with the goal of achieving widespread
   implementation of data confidentiality and privacy practices in the
   real world.

   The proposed operations and formats are targeted towards to
   Opportunistic Security scenarios and are already implemented in
   several applications of pretty Easy privacy (pEp).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pep-email/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pep-email-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pep-email-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pep-email-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/