Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 00:47:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP ACK Rate Request Option
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Jon Crowcroft
	Filename        : draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2020-11-01

Abstract:
   TCP Delayed Acknowledgments (ACKs) is a widely deployed mechanism
   that allows reducing protocol overhead in many scenarios.  However,
   Delayed ACKs may also contribute to suboptimal performance.  When a
   relatively large congestion window (cwnd) can be used, less frequent
   ACKs may be desirable.  On the other hand, in relatively small cwnd
   scenarios, eliciting an immediate ACK may avoid unnecessary delays
   that may be incurred by the Delayed ACKs mechanism.  This document
   specifies the TCP ACK Rate Request (TARR) option.  This option allows
   a sender to indicate the ACK rate to be used by a receiver, and it
   also allows to request immediate ACKs from a receiver.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/