Subject: I-D Action: draft-mdt-ippm-explicit-flow-measurements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 07:30:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Explicit Flow Measurements Techniques
        Authors         : Mauro Cociglio
                          Alexandre Ferrieux
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Igor Lubashev
                          Fabio Bulgarella
                          Isabelle Hamchaoui
                          Massimo Nilo
                          Riccardo Sisto
                          Dmitri Tikhonov
	Filename        : draft-mdt-ippm-explicit-flow-measurements-00.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   This document describes protocol independent methods called Explicit
   Flow Measurement Techniques that employ few marking bits, inside the
   header of each packet, for loss and delay measurement.  The
   endpoints, marking the traffic, signal these metrics to intermediate
   observers allowing them to measure connection performance, and to
   locate the network segment where impairments happen.  Different
   alternatives are considered within this document.  These signaling
   methods apply to all protocols but they are especially valuable when
   applied to protocols that encrypt transport header and do not allow
   traditional methods for delay and loss detection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mdt-ippm-explicit-flow-measurements/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mdt-ippm-explicit-flow-measurements-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/