Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 05:43:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing based Virtual Transport Network (VTN) for Enhanced VPN
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Takuya Miyasaka
                          Yongqing Zhu
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Francois Clad
	Filename        : draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-11.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through an ordered list of instructions, called
   "segments".  A segment can represent topological or service based
   instructions.  A segment can further be associated with network
   resources allocated for executing the instruction.  Such a segment is
   called resource-aware SID.

   The resource-aware SIDs can be used to build SR paths with a set of
   reserved network resources.  In addition, the resource-aware SIDs can
   be used to build SR based virtual networks, which can provide the
   customized network topology and resource attributes required by
   different customers or services.  Such virtual networks are called SR
   based Virtual Transport Networks (VTNs).  The SR based VTNs can be
   used to enable the enhanced VPN (VPN+) services.  This document
   describes the mechanisms of using resource-aware SIDs to build SR
   based VTNs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/