Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-45.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 09:48:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructures (BRSKI)
        Authors         : Max Pritikin
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Toerless Eckert
                          Michael H. Behringer
                          Kent Watsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-45.txt
	Pages           : 125
	Date            : 2020-11-11

Abstract:
   This document specifies automated bootstrapping of an Autonomic
   Control Plane.  To do this a Secure Key Infrastructure is
   bootstrapped.  This is done using manufacturer-installed X.509
   certificates, in combination with a manufacturer's authorizing
   service, both online and offline.  We call this process the
   Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI) protocol.
   Bootstrapping a new device can occur using a routable address and a
   cloud service, or using only link-local connectivity, or on limited/
   disconnected networks.  Support for deployment models with less
   stringent security requirements is included.  Bootstrapping is
   complete when the cryptographic identity of the new key
   infrastructure is successfully deployed to the device.  The
   established secure connection can be used to deploy a locally issued
   certificate to the device as well.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-45.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-45

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/