Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcfadden-endpoint-classification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 10:13:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Endpoint Security Classification
        Author          : Mark McFadden
	Filename        : draft-mcfadden-endpoint-classification-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   It seems reasonable to suggest that, despite the huge variety of
   types of endpoints on the Internet, there are categories of
   similarity.  These categories are important because categories of
   endpoint devices may share particular advantages or limitations for
   endpoint security. This draft attempts to suggest a classification of
   endpoints as a foundation for further work on operational security.
   The goal is to identify classes of endpoints with similar
   characteristics. Those characteristics may lead to the discovery that
   the devices in a particular category share similar characteristics
   for endpoint security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcfadden-endpoint-classification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcfadden-endpoint-classification-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcfadden-endpoint-classification-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/