Subject: I-D Action: draft-tang-iiot-architecture-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:15:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Architecture Based on IPv6 and 5G for IIoT
        Authors         : Chaowei Tang
                          Haotian Wen
                          Shuai Ruan
                          Baojin Huang
                          Xinxin Feng
	Filename        : draft-tang-iiot-architecture-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2020-11-16

Abstract:
   As the foundation of the current new round of industrial revolution,
   the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) based on cyber-physical
   systems (CPS) [smart-factory] has become the focus of research in
   various countries.  One of the key issues in the entire development
   stage of IIoT is the standardization of the IIoT architecture.  With
   the development of intelligent manufacturing technology, the number
   of IIoT devices is expected to increase sharply, and large amounts of
   data will be generated in the industrial manufacturing process.
   However, traditional industrial networks cannot meet the IIoT
   requirements for high data rates, low latency, massive connections,
   interconnection, and interoperability.  Current IIoT architectures
   also have various limitations, including those in mobility, security,
   scalability, and communication reliability.  These limitations hinder
   the development and implementation of IIoT.  As a network layer
   protocol, IPv6 can solve the problem of IPv4 address exhaustion.
   Meanwhile, as a high-speed, low-latency, wireless communication
   technology, 5G has great potential in promoting IIoT.  To solve the
   aforementioned problems, this draft proposes an IIoT architecture
   based on IPv6 and 5G.  The architecture can provide high-speed, low-
   latency communication services and possesses massive connectivity,
   mobility, scalability, security, and other features for industrial
   devices.  It can also provide generalized, refined, flexible network
   services for devices outside factories.  Moreover, an information
   model is defined to standardize the representation of information in
   IIoT.  The security challenges in and recommendations for IIoT are
   also discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tang-iiot-architecture/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-tang-iiot-architecture-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tang-iiot-architecture-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/