Subject: I-D Action: draft-peterson-stir-messaging-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 15:12:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Messaging Use Cases for STIR
        Authors         : Jon Peterson
                          Chris Wendt
	Filename        : draft-peterson-stir-messaging-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   Secure Telephone Identity Revisited (STIR) provides a means of
   attesting the identity of a telephone caller via a signed token in
   order to prevent impersonation of a calling party number, which is a
   key enabler for illegal robocalling.  Similar impersonation is
   leveraged by bad actors in the text messaging space.  This document
   considers the applicability of STIR's Persona Assertion Token
   (PASSporT) and certificate issuance framework to instant text and
   multimedia messaging use cases, both for messages carried or
   negotiated by SIP, and for non-SIP messaging.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peterson-stir-messaging/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-peterson-stir-messaging-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-peterson-stir-messaging-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/