Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-update-tag-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 10:18:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Definition of new tags for relations between RFCs
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Suresh Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-update-tag-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   An RFC can include a tag called "Updates" which can be used to link a
   new RFC to an existing RFC.  On publication of such an RFC, the
   existing RFC will include an additional metadata tag called "Updated
   by" which provides a link to the new RFC.  However, this tag pair is
   not well-defined and therefore it is currently used for multiple
   different purposes, which leads to confusion about the actual meaning
   of this tag and inconsistency in its use.

   This document recommends the discontinuation of the use of the
   updates/updated by tag pair, and instead proposes three new tag pairs
   that have well-defined meanings and use cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-update-tag/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-update-tag-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuehlewind-update-tag-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-update-tag-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/