Subject: I-D Action: draft-eggert-tcpm-rfc8312bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 23:36:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks
        Authors         : Lisong Xu
                          Sangtae Ha
                          Lars Eggert
	Filename        : draft-eggert-tcpm-rfc8312bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2020-11-15

Abstract:
   CUBIC is an extension to the current TCP standards.  It differs from
   the current TCP standards only in the congestion control algorithm on
   the sender side.  In particular, it uses a cubic function instead of
   a linear window increase function of the current TCP standards to
   improve scalability and stability under fast and long-distance
   networks.  CUBIC and its predecessor algorithm have been adopted as
   defaults by Linux and have been used for many years.  This document
   provides a specification of CUBIC to enable third-party
   implementations and to solicit community feedback through
   experimentation on the performance of CUBIC.

   This documents obsoletes [RFC8312], updating the specification of
   CUBIC to conform to the current Linux version.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eggert-tcpm-rfc8312bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-eggert-tcpm-rfc8312bis-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/