Subject: I-D Action: draft-yang-tcpm-ets-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 15:29:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP ETS: Extensible Timestamp Options
        Authors         : Kevin (Yudong) Yang
                          Neal Cardwell
                          Yuchung Cheng
                          Eric Dumazet
	Filename        : draft-yang-tcpm-ets-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   This document presents ETS: an Extensible TimeStamps option for TCP.
   It allows hosts to use microseconds as the unit for timestamps to
   improve the precision of timestamps, and advertise the maximum ACK
   delay for its own delayed ACK mechanism.  Furthermore, it extends the
   information provided in the [RFC7323] TCP Timestamps Option by
   including the receiver delay in the TSecr echoing, so that the
   receiver of the ACK is able to more accurately estimate the portion
   of the RTT that resulted from time traveling through the network.
   The ETS option format is extensible, so that future extensions can
   add further information without the overhead of extra TCP option kind
   and length fields.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-tcpm-ets/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-tcpm-ets-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-yang-tcpm-ets-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/