Subject: I-D Action: draft-peng-v6ops-hbh-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 03:50:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Processing of the Hop-by-Hop Options Header
        Authors         : Shuping Peng
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Zhuangzhuang Qin
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-peng-v6ops-hbh-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-12-01

Abstract:
   This document describes the processing of the Hop-by-Hop Options
   Header in today's routers in the aspects of standards specification,
   common implementations, and default operations.  This document
   outlines the reasons why the Hop-by-Hop Options Header is rarely
   utilized in current networks.  In addition, this document describes
   how the HBH could be used as a powerful mechanism allowing deployment
   and operations of new services requiring a more optimized way to
   leverage network resources of an infrastructure.  The Hop-by-Hop
   Options Header is taken into consideration by several network
   operators, as a valuable container for carrying the information
   facilitating the introduction of new services.  The desired, and
   proposed, processing behavior of the HBH and the migration strategies
   towards it are also suggested.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peng-v6ops-hbh/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-peng-v6ops-hbh-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-peng-v6ops-hbh-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-peng-v6ops-hbh-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/