Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 19:05:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Supporting BIER in IPv6 Networks (BIERin6)
        Authors         : Zheng(Sandy) Zhang
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Mankamana Mishra
                          Hooman Bidgoli
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-08.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-12-10

Abstract:
   BIER is a new architecture for the forwarding of multicast data
   packets without requiring per-flow state inside the network.  This
   document describes how the existing BIER encapsulation specified in
   RFC 8296 works in an IPv6 non-MPLS network, referred to as BIERin6.
   Specifically, like in an IPv4 network, BIER can work over L2 links
   directly or over tunnels.  In case of IPv6 tunneling, a new IP "Next
   Header" type is to be assigned for BIER.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-bier-bierin6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/