Subject: I-D Action: draft-faibish-iot-ddos-usecases-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 11:50:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Test Tools for IoT DDoS vulnerability scanning
        Authors         : Sorin Faibish
                          Mashruf Kabir Chowdhury
	Filename        : draft-faibish-iot-ddos-usecases-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-12-21

Abstract:
   This document specifies several usecases related to the different
   ways IoT devices are exploited by malicious adversaries to
   instantiate Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS) attacks. The
   attacks are generted from IoT devices that have no proper protection
   against generating unsolicited communication messages targeting a
   certain network and creating large amounts of network traffic. The
   attackers take advantage of breaches in the configuration data in
   unprotected IoT devices exploited for DDoS attacks. The attackers
   take advantage of the IoT devices that can send network packets
   that were generated by malicious code that interacts with an OS
   implementation that runs on the IoT devices. The prupose of this
   draft is to present possible IoT DDoS usecases that need to be
   prevented by TEE. The major enabler of such attacks is related to
   IoT devices that have no OS or unprotected EE OS and run
   code that is downloaded to them from the TA and modified by
   man-in-the-middle that inserts malicious code in the OS. This draft
   adds list of MUD files for most IoT devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faibish-iot-ddos-usecases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-faibish-iot-ddos-usecases-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-faibish-iot-ddos-usecases-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-faibish-iot-ddos-usecases-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/