Subject: I-D Action: draft-drake-bess-enhanced-vpn-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 12:43:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP-LS Filters : A Framework for Network Slicing and Enhanced VPNs
        Authors         : John Drake
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Luay Jalil
                          Avinash Lingala
	Filename        : draft-drake-bess-enhanced-vpn-05.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2020-12-07

Abstract:
   Future networks that support advanced services, such as those enabled
   by 5G mobile networks, envision a set of overlay networks each with
   different performance and scaling properties.  These overlays are
   known as network slices and are realized over a common underlay
   network.  In the context of IETF technologies, they are known as IETF
   network slices.

   In order to support IETF network slicing, as well as to offer
   enhanced VPN services in general, it is necessary to define a
   mechanism by which specific resources (links and/or nodes) of an
   underlay network can be used by a specific network slice, VPN, or set
   of VPNs.  This document sets out such a mechanism for use in Segment
   Routing networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-drake-bess-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-drake-bess-enhanced-vpn-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-drake-bess-enhanced-vpn-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-drake-bess-enhanced-vpn-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/