Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 23:56:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CBOR Encoding of X.509 Certificates (CBOR Certificates)
        Authors         : Shahid Raza
                          Joel Höglund
                          Göran Selander
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Martin Furuhed
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-05.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2020-12-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies a CBOR encoding of X.509 certificates.  The
   resulting certificates are called CBOR Certificates.  The CBOR
   encoding supports a large subset of RFC 5280, while at the same time
   significantly reduces the size of certificates compatible with RFC
   7925 and IEEE 802.1AR (DevIDs).  When used to re-encode DER encoded
   X.509 certificates, the CBOR encoding can in many cases reduce the
   size of RFC 7925 profiled certificates with over 50%.  The CBOR
   encoding can also be used encode "natively signed" CBOR certificates,
   which does not require re-encoding for the signature to be verified.
   The document also specifies COSE headers as well as a TLS certificate
   type for CBOR certificates.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/