Subject: I-D Action: draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 19:21:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SFC OAM for path consistency
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Ting Ao
                          Zhonghua Chen
                          Kent Leung
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-12-14

Abstract:
   Service Function Chain (SFC) defines an ordered set of service
   functions (SFs) to be applied to packets and/or frames and/or flows
   selected due to classification.  SFC Operation, Administration and
   Maintenance can monitor the continuity of the SFC, i.e., that all SFC
   elements are reachable to each other in the downstream direction.
   But SFC OAM must support verification that the order of traversing
   these SFs corresponds to the state defined by the SFC control plane
   or orchestrator, the metric referred to in this document as the path
   consistency of the SFC.  This document defines a new SFC active OAM
   method to support SFC consistency check, i.e., verification that all
   elements of the given SFC are being traversed in the expected order.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/