Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 03:08:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Light Weighted EVPN
        Authors         : Yubao Wang
                          Ran Chen
	Filename        : draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction-03.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2020-12-16

Abstract:
   When PBB EVPN [RFC7623] is used in Segment Routing networks, it is
   complicated to make use of the SID list to carry a function that is
   aiming for C-MACs.

   In [I-D.ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming], End.DX2 function is
   defined, this function can be used in EVPN VPLS.  When it is used in
   EVPN VPLS, the data-plane learning defined in End.DT2U function can
   also be activated for End.DX2 function.  On the basis of such End.DX2
   function, SRv6 EVPN can meet all the requirements per [RFC7623] and
   bring us some other benefits.  Such SRv6 EVPN is called light-
   weighted SRv6 EVPN, and it will be more simpler than PBB EVPN over
   SRv6.

   It is easy for the light-weighted SRv6 EVPN to carry a SID that is
   aiming for customer ethernet packets, because there will be no other
   ethernet header between the SID list and the customer ethernet
   header.  These SIDs may be user-defined functions for the customer
   ethernet headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/