Subject: I-D Action: draft-mohanty-bess-weighted-hrw-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 18:16:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Weighted HRW and its applications
        Authors         : Satya Ranjan Mohanty
                          Mankamana Misra
                          Acee Lindem
                          Ali Sajassi
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-mohanty-bess-weighted-hrw-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-12-08

Abstract:
   Rendezvous Hashing also known as Highest Random Weight (HRW) has been
   used in many load balancing applications where the central problem is
   how to map an object to as server such that the mapping is uniform
   and also minimally affected by the change in the server set.
   Recently, it has found use in DF election algorithms in the EVPN
   context and load balancing using DMZ.  This draft deals with the
   problem of achieving load balancing with minimal disruption when the
   servers have different weights.  It provides an algorithm to do so
   and also describes a few use-case scenarios where this algorithmic
   technique can apply.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mohanty-bess-weighted-hrw/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mohanty-bess-weighted-hrw-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mohanty-bess-weighted-hrw-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mohanty-bess-weighted-hrw-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/