Subject: I-D Action: draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 18:16:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Unified Identifier in IPv6 Segment Routing Networks
        Authors         : Cheng Weiqiang
                          Greg Mirsky
                          Peng Shaofu
                          Liu Aihua
                          Gyan S. Mishra
	Filename        : draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-08.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-01-05

Abstract:
   Segment Routing architecture leverages the paradigm of source
   routing.  It can be realized in a network data plane by prepending
   the packet with a list of instructions, a.k.a. segments.  A segment
   can be encoded as a Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) label, IPv4
   address, or IPv6 address.  Segment Routing can be applied in MPLS
   data plane by encoding segments in the MPLS label stack.  It also can
   be applied to IPv6 data plane by encoding a list of segment
   identifiers in IPv6 Segment Routing Extension Header (SRH).  This
   document extends the use of the SRH to unified segment identifiers
   encoded, for example, as MPLS label or IPv4 address, to compress the
   SRH, and support more detailed network programming and interworking
   between SR-MPLS and SRv6 domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/