Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-resource-aware-segments-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 03:34:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Introducing Resource Awareness to SR Segments
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Takuya Miyasaka
                          Yongqing Zhu
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Francois Clad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-resource-aware-segments-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-01-18

Abstract:
   This document describes the mechanism to associate network resource
   attributes to Segment Routing Identifiers (SIDs).  Such SIDs are
   referred to as resource-aware SIDs in this document.  The resource-
   aware SIDs retain their original forwarding semantics, but with the
   additional semantics to identify the set of network resources
   available for the packet processing action.  The resource-aware SIDs
   can therefore be used to build SR paths or virtual networks with a
   set of reserved network resources.  The proposed mechanism is
   applicable to both segment routing with MPLS data plane (SR-MPLS) and
   segment routing with IPv6 data plane (SRv6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-resource-aware-segments/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-resource-aware-segments-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-resource-aware-segments-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spring-resource-aware-segments-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/