Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcfadden-smart-threat-changes-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 10:09:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BCP72 - A Problem Statement
        Author          : Mark McFadden
	Filename        : draft-mcfadden-smart-threat-changes-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-01-10

Abstract:
   RFC3552/BCP72 describes an Internet Threat model that has been used
   in Internet protocol design. More than seventeen years have passed
   since RFC3552 was written and the structure and topology of the
   Internet have changed. With those changes comes a question: has the
   Internet Threat Model changed? Or, is the model described in RFC3552
   still mostly accurate?  This draft attempts to describe a non-
   exhaustive list of changes in the current threat environment. It
   finds that there are both qualitative and quantitative differences
   from the environment described in RFC3552 and is intended as input
   to the IAB program on the Internet threat model started in 2020.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcfadden-smart-threat-changes/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcfadden-smart-threat-changes-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcfadden-smart-threat-changes-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mcfadden-smart-threat-changes-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/