Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-6man-ipv6-ula-scope-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 17:02:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scope of Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses
        Author          : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-gont-6man-ipv6-ula-scope-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-01-05

Abstract:
   Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses (ULAs) are formally part of the
   IPv6 Global Unicast address space.  However, the semantics of ULAs
   clearly contradict the definition of "global scope".  This document
   discusses the why the terminology employed for the specification of
   ULAs is problematic, along with some practical consequences of the
   current specification of ULAs.  Finally, it formally updates RFC4291
   and RFC4193 such that the scope of ULAs is defined as "local".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-ula-scope/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-ula-scope-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-ula-scope-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/