Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 00:58:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Optimal Route Reflection (BGP-ORR)
        Authors         : Robert Raszuk
                          Christian Cassar
                          Erik Aman
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Kevin Wang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection-22.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-01-15

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to BGP route reflectors.  On route
   reflectors, BGP route selection is modified in order to choose the
   best path from the standpoint of their clients, rather than from the
   standpoint of the route reflectors.  Multiple types of granularity
   are proposed, from a per client BGP route selection or to a per peer
   group, depending on the scaling and precision requirements on route
   selection.  This solution is particularly applicable in deployments
   using centralized route reflectors, where choosing the best route
   based on the route reflector IGP location is suboptimal.  This
   facilitates, for example, best exit point policy (hot potato
   routing).

   The solution relies upon all route reflectors learning all paths
   which are eligible for consideration.  Best path selection is
   performed in each route reflector based on the IGP cost from a
   selected location in the link state IGP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection-22
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/