Subject: I-D Action: draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 10:46:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Classful Transport Planes
        Authors         : Kaliraj Vairavakkalai
                          Natrajan Venkataraman
                          Balaji Rajagopalan
                          Gyan Mishra
                          Mazen Khaddam
                          Xiaohu Xu
	Filename        : draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-06.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-01-04

Abstract:
   This document specifies a mechanism, referred to as "service
   mapping", to express association of overlay routes with underlay
   routes satisfying a certain SLA, using BGP.  The document describes a
   framework for classifying underlay routes into transport classes, and
   mapping service routes to specific transport class.  The transport
   class maps to a desired SLA.

   It specifies BGP protocol procedures that enable dissimination of
   such service mapping information that may span multiple co-operating
   administrative domains.  These domains may be administetered by the
   same provider or closely co-ordinating provider networks.

   It makes it possible to advertise multiple tunnels to the same
   destination address, thus avoiding need of multiple loopbacks on the
   egress node.

   A new BGP transport layer address family (SAFI 76) is defined for
   this purpose that uses RFC-4364 technology and follows RFC-8277 NLRI
   encoding.  This new address family is called "BGP Classful
   Transport", aka BGP CT.

   It carries transport prefixes across tunnel domain boundaries (e.g.
   in Inter-AS Option-C networks), parallel to BGP LU (SAFI 4) . It
   dissiminates "Transport class" information for the transport prefixes
   across the participating domains, which is not possible with BGP LU.
   This makes the end-to-end network a "Transport Class" aware tunneled
   network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/