Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-brski-async-enroll-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 06:23:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Support of asynchronous Enrollment in BRSKI (BRSKI-AE)
        Authors         : Steffen Fries
                          Hendrik Brockhaus
                          Eliot Lear
                          Thomas Werner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-brski-async-enroll-01.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2021-01-07

Abstract:
   This document describes enhancements of bootstrapping a remote secure
   key infrastructure (BRSKI) to also operate in domains featuring no or
   only timely limited connectivity between involved components.
   Moreover, newly introduced are methods to perform the BRSKI approach
   in environments, in which the role of the pledge changes to a server
   instead of the client.  This changes the interaction model as the
   pledge is pushed to interact with the registrar instead of pulling
   information from the registrar.  To support both, BRSKI-AE relies on
   the exchange of it authenticated self-contained objects (signature-
   wrapped objects) also for requesting and distributing of domain
   specific device certificates.  The defined approach is agnostic
   regarding the utilized enrollment protocol allowing the application
   of existing and potentially new certificate management protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-brski-async-enroll/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-brski-async-enroll-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-brski-async-enroll-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-brski-async-enroll-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/