Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2021 09:22:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Route Leak Prevention using Roles in Update and Open messages
        Authors         : Alexander Azimov
                          Eugene Bogomazov
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-14.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-01-01

Abstract:
   Route leaks are the propagation of BGP prefixes which violate
   assumptions of BGP topology relationships; e.g. passing a route
   learned from one lateral peer to another lateral peer or a transit
   provider, passing a route learned from one transit provider to
   another transit provider or a lateral peer.  Existing approaches to
   leak prevention rely on marking routes by operator configuration,
   with no check that the configuration corresponds to that of the eBGP
   neighbor, or enforcement that the two eBGP speakers agree on the
   relationship.  This document enhances BGP OPEN to establish agreement
   of the (peer, customer, provider, Route Server, Route Server client)
   relationship of two neighboring eBGP speakers to enforce appropriate
   configuration on both sides.  Propagated routes are then marked with
   an Only to Customer (OTC) attribute according to the agreed
   relationship, allowing both prevention and detection of route leaks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/