Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-opsec-sav-gap-analysis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 19:23:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Soure Address Validation: Gap Analysis
        Authors         : Dan Li
                          Jianping Wu
                          Yunan Gu
                          Lancheng Qin
                          Tao Lin
	Filename        : draft-li-opsec-sav-gap-analysis-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-01-10

Abstract:
   This document identifies scenarios where existing IP spoofing
   approaches for detection and mitigation don't perform perfectly.
   Exsiting SAV (source address validation) approaches, either Ingress
   ACL filtering [RFC2827], unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF)
   [RFC3704], Feasible Path uRPF [RFC 3704], or Enhanced Feasible-Path
   uRPF [RFC8704] has limitations regarding eihter automated
   implemetation objective or detection accuracy objective (0% false
   positive and 0% false negative).  This document provides the gap
   analysis of the exsting SAV approaches, and also provides solution
   discussions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-opsec-sav-gap-analysis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-opsec-sav-gap-analysis-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-opsec-sav-gap-analysis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-opsec-sav-gap-analysis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/