Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 12:39:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast VPN Fast Upstream Failover
        Authors         : Thomas Morin
                          Robert Kebler
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-15.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2021-01-21

Abstract:
   This document defines Multicast Virtual Private Network (VPN)
   extensions and procedures that allow fast failover for upstream
   failures by allowing downstream Provider Edges (PEs) to consider the
   status of Provider-Tunnels (P-tunnels) when selecting the Upstream PE
   for a VPN multicast flow.  The fast failover is enabled by using RFC
   8562 Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multipoint Networks
   and the new BGP Attribute - BFD Discriminator.  Also, the document
   introduces a new BGP Community, Standby PE, extending BGP Multicast
   VPN routing so that a C-multicast route can be advertised toward a
   Standby Upstream PE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/