Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 07:21:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Zone Transfer-over-TLS
        Authors         : Willem Toorop
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Shivan Sahib
                          Pallavi Aras
                          Allison Mankin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-05.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2021-01-20

Abstract:
   DNS zone transfers are transmitted in clear text, which gives
   attackers the opportunity to collect the content of a zone by
   eavesdropping on network connections.  The DNS Transaction Signature
   (TSIG) mechanism is specified to restrict direct zone transfer to
   authorized clients only, but it does not add confidentiality.  This
   document specifies use of TLS, rather then clear text, to prevent
   zone content collection via passive monitoring of zone transfers:
   XFR-over-TLS (XoT).  Additionally, this specification updates
   RFC1995, RFC5936 and RFC7766.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/