Subject: I-D Action: draft-birkholz-rats-tuda-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 12:44:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Time-Based Uni-Directional Attestation
        Authors         : Andreas Fuchs
                          Henk Birkholz
                          Ira E McDonald
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-birkholz-rats-tuda-04.txt
	Pages           : 72
	Date            : 2021-01-13

Abstract:
   This document defines the method and bindings used to convey Evidence
   via Time-based Uni-Directional Attestation (TUDA) in Remote
   ATtestation procedureS (RATS).  TUDA does not require a challenge-
   response handshake and thereby does not rely on the conveyance of a
   nonce to prove freshness of remote attestation Evidence.  TUDA
   enables the creation of Secure Audit Logs that can constitute
   believable Evidence about both current and past operational states of
   an Attester.  In TUDA, RATS entities require access to a Handle
   Distributor to which a trustable and synchronized time-source is
   available.  The Handle Distributor takes on the role of a Time Stamp
   Authority (TSA) to distribute Handles incorporating Time Stamp Tokens
   (TST) to the RATS entities.  RATS require an Attesting Environment
   that generates believable Evidence.  While a TPM is used as the
   corresponding root of trust in this specification, any other type of
   root of trust can be used with TUDA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birkholz-rats-tuda/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birkholz-rats-tuda-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birkholz-rats-tuda-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-birkholz-rats-tuda-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/