Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-opportunistic-adotq-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 03:32:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Recursive to Authoritative DNS with Opportunistic Encryption
        Authors         : Paul Hoffman
                          Peter van Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-opportunistic-adotq-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-02-14

Abstract:
   This document describes a use case and a method for a DNS recursive
   resolver to use opportunistic encryption (that is, encryption with
   optional authentication) when communicating with authoritative
   servers.  The motivating use case for this method is that more
   encryption on the Internet is better, and opportunistic encryption is
   better than no encryption at all.  The method described here is
   optional for both the recursive resolver and the authoritative
   server.  Nothing in this method prevents use cases and methods that
   require authenticated encryption.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-opportunistic-adotq/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-opportunistic-adotq-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dprive-opportunistic-adotq-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/