Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-idr-sr-policy-pce-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 07:03:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing PCE Delegation in BGP
        Authors         : Yang Wang
                          Hao Li
                          Yuanxiang Qiu
                          Liping Yang
                          Mengxiao Chen
	Filename        : draft-wang-idr-sr-policy-pce-delegation-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-02-01

Abstract:
   Segment Routing is a source routing paradigm that explicitly
   indicates the forwarding path for packets at the ingress node. An
   SR policy is a set of candidate SR paths consisting of one or more
   segment lists with necessary path attributes. The headend of an SR
   Policy may learn multiple candidate paths for an SR Policy.
   Candidate paths may be learned via a number of different mechanisms,
   e.g., CLI, NetConf, PCEP, or BGP.

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
   functions in support of traffic engineering in Multi Protocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

   Currently, when a controller uses BGP to deploy an SR Policy, there
   is no way to encode PCE delegation related options. The only way to
   import a PCE delegation is through local configuration management,
   e.g., Netconf, CLI or gRPC.

   This document defines extensions to BGP to distribute PCE
   delegation information within an SR policy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-idr-sr-policy-pce-delegation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-idr-sr-policy-pce-delegation-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-idr-sr-policy-pce-delegation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/