Subject: I-D Action: draft-dkg-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:04:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Guidance on End-to-End E-mail Security
        Author          : Daniel Kahn Gillmor
	Filename        : draft-dkg-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   End-to-end cryptographic protections for e-mail messages can provide
   useful security.  However, the standards for providing cryptographic
   protection are extremely flexible.  That flexibility can trap users
   and cause surprising failures.  This document offers guidance for
   mail user agent implementers that need to compose or interpret e-mail
   messages with end-to-end cryptographic protection.  It provides a
   useful set of vocabulary as well as suggestions to avoid common
   failures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dkg-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dkg-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dkg-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/