Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 02:15:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dynamic-Anycast (Dyncast) Use Cases and Problem Statement
        Authors         : Peng Liu
                          Peter Willis
                          Dirk Trossen
	Filename        : draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-02-01

Abstract:
   Service providers are exploring the edge computing to achieve better
   response time, control over data and carbon energy saving by moving
   the computing services towards the edge of the network in 5G MEC
   (Multi-access Edge Computing) scenarios, virtualized central office,
   and others.  Providing services by sharing computing resources from
   multiple edges is an emerging concept that is becoming more useful
   for computationally intensive tasks. Ideally, services should be
   computationally balanced using service-specific metrics instead of
   simply  dispatching the service in a static way, e.g., to the
   geographically closest edge since this may cause unbalanced usage of
   computing resources at edges which further degrades user experience
   and system utilization. This draft provides an overview of scenarios
   and problems associated with realizing such scenarios.

   The document identifies several key areas which require more
   investigations in terms of architecture and protocol to achieve
   balanced computing and networking resource utilization among edges
   providing the services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/