Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-emu-rfc3748bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 23:49:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
        Authors         : Bernard Aboba
                          Larry J. Blunk
                          John R. Vollbrecht
                          James Carlson
                          Henrik Levkowetz
                          Jari Arkko
                          John Mattsson
	Filename        : draft-arkko-emu-rfc3748bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 72
	Date            : 2021-02-21

Abstract:
   This document defines the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP),
   an authentication framework which supports multiple authentication
   methods.  EAP typically runs directly over data link layers such as
   Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), IEEE 802, or 3GPP 5G without requiring
   IP.  EAP provides its own support for duplicate elimination and
   retransmission, but is reliant on lower layer ordering guarantees.
   Fragmentation is not supported within EAP itself; however, individual
   EAP methods may support this.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3748, which in turn obsoleted RFC 2284.
   This document updates some of the security considerations, terms,
   references, the IANA considerations, and few other minor updates.  A
   summary of the changes between this document and RFC 3748 is in
   Appendix A, and the changes from RFC 2284 were listed in RFC 3748.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-emu-rfc3748bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-emu-rfc3748bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-arkko-emu-rfc3748bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/