Subject: I-D Action: draft-nishida-tcpm-agg-syn-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 22:44:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Aggregated Option for SYN Option Space Extension
        Author          : Yoshifumi Nishida
	Filename        : draft-nishida-tcpm-agg-syn-ext-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-02-02

Abstract:
   TCP option space is scarce resource as its max length is limited to
   40 bytes.  This limitation becomes more significant in SYN segments
   as all options used in a connection should be exchanged during SYN
   negotiations.  This document proposes a new SYN option negotiation
   scheme that provide a feature to compress TCP options in SYN segments
   and provide more option space.  The proposed scheme does not update
   the format of TCP header nor transmit any additional SYN or SYN-like
   segments so that it has lower risks for middlebox interventions.  In
   addition, by combining another proposal for option space extension,
   it is possible to provide further option space.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nishida-tcpm-agg-syn-ext/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nishida-tcpm-agg-syn-ext-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nishida-tcpm-agg-syn-ext-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/