Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 03:22:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP-LS Extensions for Segment Routing based Enhanced VPN
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhibo Hu
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Xiongyan Tang
                          Ran Pang
	Filename        : draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   Enhanced VPN (VPN+) aims to provide enhanced VPN services to support
   some applications' needs of enhanced isolation and stringent
   performance requirements.  VPN+ requires integration between the
   overlay VPN connectivity and the characteristics provided by the
   underlay network.  A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual
   underlay network which consists of a customized network topology and
   a set of network resource allocated from the physical network.  A VTN
   could be used as the underlay to support one or a group of VPN+
   services.

   This document specifies the BGP-LS mechanisms with necessary
   extensions to advertise the information of Segment Routing (SR) based
   VTNs to a centralized network controller.  Each VTN can have a
   customized topology and a set of network resources allocated.
   Multiple VTNs may shared the same topology, and multiple VTNs may
   share the same set of network resources on some network segments.
   This allows flexible combination of network topology and network
   resource attributes to build a large number of VTNs with a relatively
   small number of logical topologies.  The proposed mechanism is
   applicable to both segment routing with MPLS data plane (SR-MPLS) and
   segment routing with IPv6 data plane (SRv6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/