Subject: I-D Action: draft-rsalz-use-san-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 07:36:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use the SAN field
        Author          : Rich Salz
	Filename        : draft-rsalz-use-san-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2021-02-04

Abstract:
   In the decade since [RFC6125] was published, the subjectAltName
   extension, as defined in [RFC5280] has become ubiquitous.  This
   document updates [RFC6125] to specify that the fall-back techniques
   of using commonName attribute to identify the service MUST NOT be
   used.

Discussion Venues

   This note is to be removed before publishing as an RFC.

   Source for this draft and an issue tracker can be found at
   https://github.com/richsalz/draft-rsalz-use-san.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rsalz-use-san/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-rsalz-use-san-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/