Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 01:02:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Segment Routing based Virtual Transport Network (VTN) for Enhanced VPN
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Takuya Miyasaka
                          Yongqing Zhu
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Francois Clad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-02-11

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through an ordered list of instructions, called
   "segments".  A segment can represent topological or service based
   instructions.  A segment can further be associated with a set of
   network resources used for executing the instruction.  Such a segment
   is called resource-aware segment.

   Resource-aware Segment Identifiers (SIDs) may be used to build SR
   paths with a set of reserved network resources.  In addition, a group
   of resource-aware SIDs may be used to build SR based virtual underlay
   networks, which has customized network topology and resource
   attributes required by one or a group of customers and/or services.
   Such virtual networks are the SR instantiations of Virtual Transport
   Networks (VTNs).

   This document describes a suggested use of resource-aware SIDs to
   build SR based VTNs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/