Subject: I-D Action: draft-yang-ippm-pnmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 03:18:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Precise Network Measurement Protocol
        Authors         : Hongwei Yang
                          Kehan Yao
                          Tao Sun
                          Cheng Zhou
                          Wei Cheng
                          Junjie Wang
	Filename        : draft-yang-ippm-pnmp-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   PNMP, precise network measurement protocol, is used for out-of-band
   network measurement.  As 5G is continuously evolving, there become
   many more time sensitive services which require high precision of
   measurements.  In addition, in order to better simulate the
   transmission of packets of monitored services, the length and
   priorities of the measurement packets SHOULD be customized,
   especially for some network that is inclined to get congested.  PNMP
   can not only support PTP, precise time protocol, but also allow some
   customization on packet payload.  It only introduces a little
   overhead by adding an extendable header over IP header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-ippm-pnmp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-ippm-pnmp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-yang-ippm-pnmp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/