Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:38:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : EAP-based Authentication Service for CoAP
        Authors         : Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Dan Garcia-Carrillo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   This document describes an authentication service that uses EAP
   transported by means of CoAP messages with the following purposes:

   o  Authenticate a CoAP-enabled device that enters a new security
      domain managed by a domain Controller.

   o  Derive key material to protect CoAP messages exchanged between
      them, enabling the establishment of a security association between
      them.

   o  Optionally, to generate key material for other types of Security
      Associations.

   Generally speaking, this document is specifying an EAP lower layer
   based on CoAP, to bring the benefits of EAP to IoT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/