Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcbride-data-discovery-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 15:59:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Data Discovery Use Cases
        Authors         : Mike McBride
                          Jim Guichard
                          Yingzhen Qu
                          Thomas Hardjono
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-mcbride-data-discovery-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-02-19

Abstract:
   There needs to be a solution for locating and capturing data in a
   standardized way.  Data may be cached, copied and/or stored at
   multiple locations in the network on route to its final destination.
   With an increasingly high volume of devices connecting to the
   Internet, support for network caching and replication is critical for
   continuous data availability.  There are data repositories throughout
   a modern network and there needs to be a standardized way to locating
   the repositories and discovering the desired data within.

   There are several use cases which illustrate a need for a data
   discovery solution.  An application might need to query the network
   to discover resources (program, service, resource) that can help the
   local application perform a particular task.  Additionally, there
   could be volumes of data which needs to be searched and discovered in
   order to provide a result to be acted upon by the application.  These
   are a couple of the use cases being addressed in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcbride-data-discovery-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcbride-data-discovery-use-cases-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcbride-data-discovery-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/