Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-dr-improvement-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 17:34:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) Designated Router (DR) Improvement
        Authors         : Zheng(Sandy) Zhang
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Benchong Xu
                          Mankamana Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-dr-improvement-11.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-02-17

Abstract:
   Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) is a widely
   deployed multicast protocol.  As deployment for the PIM protocol is
   growing day by day, a user expects lower packet loss and faster
   convergence regardless of the cause of the network failure.  This
   document defines an extension to the existing protocol, which
   improves the PIM's stability with respect to packet loss and
   convergence time when the PIM Designated Router (DR) role changes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-dr-improvement/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-dr-improvement-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-dr-improvement-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-dr-improvement-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/