Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-qirg-principles-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 05:41:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Quantum Internet Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Architectural Principles for a Quantum Internet
        Authors         : Wojciech Kozlowski
                          Stephanie Wehner
                          Rodney Van Meter
                          Bruno Rijsman
                          Angela Sara Cacciapuoti
                          Marcello Caleffi
                          Shota Nagayama
	Filename        : draft-irtf-qirg-principles-06.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2021-02-19

Abstract:
   The vision of a quantum internet is to fundamentally enhance Internet
   technology by enabling quantum communication between any two points
   on Earth.  To achieve this goal, a quantum network stack should be
   built from the ground up to account for the fundamentally new
   properties of quantum entanglement.  The first realisations of
   quantum networks are imminent, but there is no practical proposal for
   how to organise, utilise, and manage such networks.  In this memo, we
   attempt to lay down the framework and introduce some basic
   architectural principles for a quantum internet.  This is intended
   for general guidance and general interest, but also to provide a
   foundation for discussion between physicists and network specialists.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-qirg-principles/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-qirg-principles-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-qirg-principles-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-qirg-principles-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/