Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:43:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : AEAD Key Usage Limits in OSCORE
        Authors         : Rikard Hoeglund
                          Marco Tiloca
	Filename        : draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-02-19

Abstract:
   Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE) uses
   AEAD algorithms to ensure confidentiality and integrity of exchanged
   messages.  Due to known issues allowing forgery attacks against AEAD
   algorithms, limits should be followed on the number of times a
   specific key is used for encryption or decryption.  This document
   defines how two peers using OSCORE must take these limits into
   account and what steps they must take to preserve the security of
   their communications.  Therefore, this document updates RFC8613.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/