Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcfadden-opsec-endp-taxonomy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 11:30:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Evolution of Endpoint Security - A Taxonomy for Endpoints
        Author          : Mark McFadden
	Filename        : draft-mcfadden-opsec-endp-taxonomy-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-02-14

Abstract:
   A separate document [I-D:draft-mcfadden-opsec-endp-evolve] attempts
   to establish the capabilities and limitations of endpoint-only
   security solutions and explore potential alternative approaches.
   That document discusses endpoints in general terms. It has been
   suggested that there are classes of endpoints that have different
   characteristics. Those classes may have completely different threat
   landscapes and the endpoints may have completely different security
   capabilities. As a companion to the endpoint evolution draft, this
   document provides a taxonomy of endpoints that is intended to
   provide a foundation for further work on endpoint security evolution
   and research on approaches to providing endpoint security
   alternatives in a diverse group of settings.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcfadden-opsec-endp-taxonomy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcfadden-opsec-endp-taxonomy-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcfadden-opsec-endp-taxonomy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/