Subject: I-D Action: draft-kang-tcpm-subtype-capability-exchange-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 18:34:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Subtype Capability Exchange During MPTCP Handshake
        Authors         : Jiao Kang
                          Qiandeng Liang
	Filename        : draft-kang-tcpm-subtype-capability-exchange-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-02-06

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
   paths between peers.  MPTCP protocol defines seven subtypes in MPTCP
   v0 [RFC6824] and ten subtypes in MPTCP v1 [RFC8684] to differentiate
   message types and implement some additional functions during a
   session.

   This draft proposes an enhancement to support Subtype Capability
   Exchange during MPTCP connection establishment in order to improve
   elastic scalability of MPTCP protocol.  It includes: 1) requirements
   for which this kind of capability exchange during handshake is
   important for a MPTCP session; 2) a typical flow for Subtype
   Capability Exchange between peers; 3) a feasible solution on protocol
   design is suggested.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kang-tcpm-subtype-capability-exchange/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-kang-tcpm-subtype-capability-exchange-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/