Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernardos-intarea-vim-discovery-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 00:09:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6-based discovery and association of Virtualization Infrastructure Manager (VIM) and Network Function Virtualization Orchestrator (NFVO)
        Authors         : Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Alain Mourad
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-intarea-vim-discovery-05.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   Virtualized resources do not need to be limited to those available in
   traditional data centers, where the infrastructure is stable, static,
   typically homogeneous and managed by a single admin entity.
   Computational capabilities are becoming more and more ubiquitous,
   with terminal devices getting extremely powerful, as well as other
   types of devices that are close to the end users at the edge (e.g.,
   vehicular onboard devices for infotainment, micro data centers
   deployed at the edge, etc.).  It is envisioned that these devices
   would be able to offer storage, computing and networking resources to
   nearby network infrastructure, devices and things (the fog paradigm).
   These resources can be used to host functions, for example to
   offload/complement other resources available at traditional data
   centers, but also to reduce the end-to-end latency or to provide
   access to specialized information (e.g., context available at the
   edge) or hardware.

   This document describes mechanisms allowing dynamic discovery of
   virtualization resources and orchestrators in IPv6-based networks.
   In the current version, mechanisms based on piggybacking options on
   IPv6 neighbor discovery are explored.  New IPv6 neighbor discovery
   options are defined.  Additional mechanisms will be explored in
   future releases of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernardos-intarea-vim-discovery/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernardos-intarea-vim-discovery-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bernardos-intarea-vim-discovery-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernardos-intarea-vim-discovery-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/