Subject: I-D Action: draft-gundogan-core-icncoap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:03:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Data-centric Deployment Option for CoAP
        Authors         : Cenk Gündoğan
                          Christian Amsüss
                          Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Matthias Waehlisch
	Filename        : draft-gundogan-core-icncoap-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   The information-centric networking (ICN) paradigm offers replication
   of autonomously verifiable content throughout a network, in which
   content is bound to names instead of hosts.  This has proven
   beneficial in particular for the constrained IoT.  Several
   approaches, the most prominent of which being Content-Centric
   Networking (CCNx) and Named-Data Networking (NDN), propose access to
   named content directly on the network layer.  Independently, the CoRe
   WG developed mechanisms that support autonomous content processing,
   on-path caching, and content object security using CoAP proxies and
   OSCORE.

   This document describes a data-centric deployment option using
   standard CoAP features to replicate information-centric properties
   and benefits to the host-centric IoT world.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-core-icncoap/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gundogan-core-icncoap-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/