Subject: I-D Action: draft-rathi-mpls-egress-tlv-for-nil-fec-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 20:54:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Egress TLV for Nil FEC in Label Switched Path Ping and Traceroute Mechanisms
        Authors         : Deepti N. Rathi
                          Kapil Arora
                          Shraddha Hegde
                          Zafar Ali
                          Nagendra Kumar Nainar
	Filename        : draft-rathi-mpls-egress-tlv-for-nil-fec-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-02-21

Abstract:
   MPLS ping and traceroute mechanism as described in RFC 8029 and
   related extensions for SR as defined in RFC 8287 is very useful to
   precisely validate the control plane and data plane synchronization.
   All intermediate nodes may not have been upgraded to support
   validation procedures.  A simple mpls ping and traceroute mechanism
   comprises of ability to traverse any path without having to validate
   the control plane state.  RFC 8029 supports this mechanism with Nil
   FEC.  The procedures described in RFC 8029 are mostly applicable when
   the Nil FEC is used as intermediate FEC in the label stack.  When all
   labels are represented using Nil FEC, it poses some challenges.

   This document introduces new TLV as additional extension to exisiting
   Nil FEC and describes mpls ping and traceroute procedures using Nil
   FEC with this additional extensions to overcome these challenges.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rathi-mpls-egress-tlv-for-nil-fec/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rathi-mpls-egress-tlv-for-nil-fec-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rathi-mpls-egress-tlv-for-nil-fec-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rathi-mpls-egress-tlv-for-nil-fec-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/