Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 00:20:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : One-way Delay Measurement Based on Reference Delay
        Authors         : Yang Li
                          Tao Sun
                          Hongwei Yang
                          Danyang Chen
	Filename        : draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   The end-to-end network one-way delay is an important performance
   indicator of the arising 5G network.  One type of existing methods
   requires the end-to-end deployment of accurate clock synchronization
   mechanism, such as PTP or GPS, which results in relatively high
   deployment cost.  Another type of existing methods uses round-trip
   delay measurements to estimate the one-way delay.  However, since the
   delay of the downlink and uplink of the 5G network may be asymmetric,
   the accuracy is relatively low.  This document introduces a method to
   accurately measure end-to-end network one-way delay using reference
   delay without deploying clock synchronization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/