Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-dyncast-affinity-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:50:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Providing Instance Affinity in Dyncast
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-dyncast-affinity-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   Dyncast support in the network provides a client with a fresh optimal
   path to a service provider instance, where optimality includes both
   path and service provider characteristics.  As a service invocation
   usually takes more than one packet, dyncast needs to provide instance
   affinity for each service invocation.  Naive implementations of
   instance affinity require per-application, per service-invocation
   state in the network.

   The present short document defines a way to provide instance affinity
   that does not require, but also does not rule out per-application
   state.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-dyncast-affinity/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-bormann-dyncast-affinity-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/