Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 02:51:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Carrying Virtual Transport Network Identifier in MPLS Packet
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual network which has a
   customized network topology and a set of dedicated or shared network
   resources allocated from the underlying network infrastructure.
   Multiple VTNs can be created by network operator for using as the
   underlay for one or a group of VPNs services to provide enhanced VPN
   (VPN+) services.  In packet forwarding, some fields in the data
   packet needs to be used to identify the VTN the packet belongs to, so
   that the VTN-specific processing can be executed.

   This document proposes a mechanism to carry the VTN-ID and the
   associated information in an MPLS packet to identify the VTN the
   packet belongs to.  The procedure for processing the VTN ID is also
   specified.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/