Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosenberg-dispatch-cloudsip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 13:17:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SIP Extensions for High Availability and Load Balancing for Public Cloud
        Authors         : Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Tolga Asveren
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-dispatch-cloudsip-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2021-02-21

Abstract:
   Software making use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) faces
   challenges in achieving high availability, especially for call
   stateful applications like softswitches, Session Border Controllers
   (SBCs), and IP-based call centers applications.  The state maintained
   in the SIP, SDP and SRTP layers changes frequently, and is difficult
   to replicate.  For this reason, commercial systems have often relied
   on complex active-standby configurations making use of IP address
   takeover.  These solutions are also ill-suited for usage in modern
   public cloud environments.  This document defines a SIP extension
   facilitating HA, including keeping calls active, which is optimized
   for server-to-server communication where one or both sides are in
   public cloud.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenberg-dispatch-cloudsip/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenberg-dispatch-cloudsip-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosenberg-dispatch-cloudsip-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/