Subject: I-D Action: draft-yang-idr-sr-candidate-path-switch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 03:17:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing Candidate Path Hot-standby switch in BGP
        Authors         : Liping Yang
                          Hao Li
                          Yang Wang
                          Yuanxiang Qiu
                          Mengxiao Chen
	Filename        : draft-yang-idr-sr-candidate-path-switch-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-02-02

Abstract:
   Segment Routing is a source routing paradigm that explicitly
   indicates the forwarding path for packets at the ingress node.  An SR
   policy is a set of candidate SR paths consisting of one or more
   segment lists with necessary path attributes. If an SR policy has
   multiple valid candidate paths, the device chooses the candidate path
   with the greatest preference value. If the chosen path fails, the SR
   policy must select another candidate path. During path reselection,
   packet loss might occur and thus affect service continuity. Therefore
   the candidate path hot-standby function occurs, the headend can
   compute two candidate paths, one is master and the other is backup,
   set them to the forwarding plane, and in this way, the switchover
   time is reduced.

   This document defines extensions to BGP to distribute hot-standby
   switch within SR policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-idr-sr-candidate-path-switch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-idr-sr-candidate-path-switch-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-yang-idr-sr-candidate-path-switch-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/