Subject: I-D Action: draft-pwouters-multi-sa-performance-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:51:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IKEv2 support for per-queue Child SAs
        Authors         : Antony Antony
                          Steffen Klassert
                          Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-pwouters-multi-sa-performance-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   This document defines two Notification Payloads for the Internet Key
   Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2): NUM_QUEUES and QUEUE_INFO.
   These payloads add support for indicating that the negotiating of
   multiple identical Child SAs are to be used to optimize performance
   based on the number of queues or CPUs, or to create multiple Child
   SAs for different Quality of Service (QoS) levels.  It indicates that
   a newer idetnical Child SA should not be interpreted as a replacement
   Child SA.

   Using multiple identical Child Sa's has the benefit that each stream
   has its own Sequence Number, ensuring that CPU's don't have to
   synchronize their crypto state or disable their packet replay
   detection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pwouters-multi-sa-performance/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pwouters-multi-sa-performance-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pwouters-multi-sa-performance-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pwouters-multi-sa-performance-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/