Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-path-signals-information-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 14:26:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Considerations on Information Passed between Networks and Applications
        Author          : Jari Arkko
	Filename        : draft-arkko-path-signals-information-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   Path signals are messages seen by on-path elements examining
   transport protocols.  Current preference for good protocol design
   indicates desire for constructing explict rather than implicit
   signals to carry information.  For instance, the ability of various
   middleboxes to read TCP messaging was an implicit signal that lead to
   difficulties in evolving the TCP protocol without breaking
   connectivity through some of those middleboxes.

   This document discusses the types of information that could be passed
   in these path signals, and provides some advice on what types of
   information might be provided in a beneficial manner, and which
   information might be less likely to be revealed or used by
   applications or networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-path-signals-information/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-path-signals-information-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-arkko-path-signals-information-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/