Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 23:23:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Framework for Enhanced Virtual Private Network (VPN+) Services
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Takuya Miyasaka
                          Young Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-07.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2021-02-09

Abstract:
   This document describes the framework for Enhanced Virtual Private
   Network (VPN+) services.  The purpose of enhanced VPNs is to support
   the needs of new applications, particularly applications that are
   associated with 5G services, by utilizing an approach that is based
   on existing VPN and Traffic Engineering (TE) technologies and adds
   characteristics that specific services require over and above
   traditional VPNs.

   Typically, VPN+ will be used to underpin network slicing, but could
   also be of use in its own right providing enhanced connectivity
   services between customer sites.

   It is envisaged that enhanced VPNs will be delivered using a
   combination of existing, modified, and new networking technologies.
   This document provides an overview of relevant technologies and
   identifies some areas for potential new work.

   Compared to traditional VPNs, it is not envisaged that large numbers
   of VPN+ services will be deployed in a network.  In other word, it is
   not intended that all existing VPNs supported by a network will use
   VPN+ techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/