Subject: I-D Action: draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:41:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DCCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
        Authors         : Markus Amend
                          Dirk von Hugo
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Andreas Kassler
                          Veselin Rakocevic
                          Stephen Johnson
	Filename        : draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   DCCP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
   connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
   simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a DCCP session could
   improve resource usage within the network and, thus, improve user
   experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
   network failures.

   This document presents a set of extensions to traditional DCCP to
   support multipath operation.  Multipath DCCP provides the ability to
   simultaneously use multiple paths between peers.  The protocol offers
   the same type of service to applications as DCCP and it provides the
   components necessary to establish and use multiple DCCP flows across
   potentially disjoint paths.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/