Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 05:21:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Registration Protocols Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Secure Authorization Information for Transfer
        Authors         : James Gould
                          Richard Wilhelm
	Filename        : draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-06.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-03-08

Abstract:
   The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP), in RFC 5730, defines the
   use of authorization information to authorize a transfer.  Object-
   specific, password-based authorization information (see RFC 5731 and
   RFC 5733) is commonly used, but raises issues related to the
   security, complexity, storage, and lifetime of authentication
   information.  This document defines an operational practice, using
   the EPP RFCs, that leverages the use of strong random authorization
   information values that are short-lived, not stored by the client,
   and stored by the server using a cryptographic hash that provides for
   secure authorization information that can safely be used for object
   transfers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-06.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/