Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:47:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating MD5 and SHA-1 signature hashes in TLS 1.2
        Authors         : Loganaden Velvindron
                          Kathleen Moriarty
                          Alessandro Ghedini
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-06.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-03-29

Abstract:
   The MD5 and SHA-1 hashing algorithms are increasingly vulnerable to
   attack and this document deprecates their use in TLS 1.2 digital
   signatures.  However, this document does not deprecate SHA-1 in HMAC
   for record protection.  This document updates RFC 5246 and RFC 7525.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/