Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-email-author-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 13:41:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Email Author Header Field
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-email-author-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-03-09

Abstract:
   Internet mail defines the From: field to indicate the author of the
   message's content and the Sender: field to indicate who initially
   handled the message, on the author's behalf.  The Sender: field is
   optional, if it has the same information as the From: field.  This
   was not a problem, until development of stringent protections on use
   of the From: field.  It has prompted Mediators, such as mailing
   lists, to modify the From: field, to circumvent mail rejection caused
   by those protections.  In effect, the From: field has become
   dominated by its role as a handling identifier.  The current
   specification augments the altered use of the From: field, by
   specifying the Author: field, which ensures identification of the
   original author of the message and is not subject to modification by
   Mediators.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-email-author/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-email-author-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-crocker-email-author-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-email-author-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/