Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 12:38:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Home Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Simple Provisioning of Public Names for Residential Networks
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Ralf Weber
                          Michael Richardson
                          Ray Hunter
                          Chris Griffiths
                          Wouter Cloetens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-13.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2021-03-26

Abstract:
   Home owners often have IPv6 devices that they wish to access over the
   Internet using names.  It has been possible to register and populate
   a DNS Zone with names since DNS became a thing, but it has been an
   activity typically reserved for experts.  This document automates the
   process through creation of a Homenet Naming Authority (HNA), whose
   responsibility is to select, sign and publish names to a set of
   publicly visible servers.

   The use of an outsourced primary DNS server deals with possible
   renumbering of the home network, and with possible denial of service
   attacks against the DNS infrastructure.

   This document describes the mechanism that enables the HNA to
   outsource the naming service to the DNS Outsourcing Infrastructure
   (DOI) via a Distribution Master (DM).

   In addition, this document deals with publication of a corresponding
   reverse zone.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/