Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 08:37:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Transport Network aware Mobility for 5G
        Authors         : Uma Chunduri
                          John Kaippallimalil
                          Sridhar Bhaskaran
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Praveen Muley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2021-03-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework and mapping from slices in 5G
   mobile systems to transport slices in IP, Layer 2 and Layer 1
   transport networks.  Slices in 5G systems are characterized by
   latency bounds, reservation guarantees, jitter, data rates,
   availability, mobility speed, usage density, criticality and
   priority.  These characteristics should be mapped to the transport
   network slice characteristics that include bandwidth, latency and
   criteria such as isolation, directionality and disjoint routes.
   Mobile slice criteria need to be mapped to the appropriate transport
   slice and capabilities offered in backhaul, midhaul and fronthaul
   connectivity segments between radio side network functions and user
   plane function(gateway).

   This document describes how mobile network functions map its slice
   criteria to identifiers in IP and Layer 2 packets that transport
   network segments use to grant transport layer services during UE
   mobility scenarios.  Applicability of this framework and underlying
   transport networks, which can enable different slice properties are
   also discussed.  This is based on mapping between mobile and
   transport underlays (L2, Segment Routing, IPv6, MPLS and IPv4).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/