Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-email-author-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 06:57:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Email Author Header Field
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-email-author-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-03-20

Abstract:
   Internet mail defines the From: header field to indicate the author
   of the message's content and the Sender: field to indicate who
   initially handled the message, on the author's behalf.  The Sender:
   field is optional, if it has the same information as the From: field.
   This was not a problem, until development of stringent protections on
   use of the From: field.  It has prompted Mediators, such as mailing
   lists, to modify the From: field, to circumvent mail rejection caused
   by those protections.  In effect, the From: field has become
   dominated by its role as a handling identifier.

   The current specification augments the altered use of the From:
   field, by specifying the Author: field, which ensures identification
   of the original author of the message and is not subject to
   modification by Mediators.  This version is published as an
   Experiment, to assess community interest, functional efficacy, and
   technical adequacy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-email-author/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-email-author-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-crocker-email-author-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-email-author-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/