Subject: I-D Action: draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:21:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Common implementation anti-patterns related to Domain Name System (DNS) resource record (RR) processing
        Authors         : Stanislav Dashevskyi
                          Daniel dos Santos
                          Jos Wetzels
                          Amine Amri
	Filename        : draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-03-23

Abstract:
   This memo describes common vulnerabilities related to Domain Name
   System (DNS) response record (RR) processing as seen in several DNS
   client implementations. These vulnerabilities may lead to successful
   Denial-of-Service and Remote Code Execution attacks against the
   affected software. Where applicable, violations of RFC 1035 are
   mentioned.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/