Subject: I-D Action: draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 13:20:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS 1.3 Authentication and Integrity only Cipher Suites
        Authors         : Nancy Cam-Winget
                          Jack Visoky
	Filename        : draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-09.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-03-26

Abstract:
   There are use cases, specifically in Internet of Things (IoT) and
   constrained environments that do not require confidentiality, though
   message integrity for all communications and at least server, if not
   mutual authentication during tunnel establishment are both still
   mandated.  Examples of such use cases are given, although a threat
   model is necessary to determine whether or not a given situation
   falls into this catergory of use cases.  In order to serve these use
   cases, this document defines the use of HMAC only cipher suites for
   TLS 1.3, which provides server and optionally mutual authentication
   and data authenticity, but not data confidentiality.  The approach
   described in this document is not endorsed by the IETF and does not
   have IETF consensus, but is presented here to enable interoperable
   implementation of a reduced security mechanism that provides
   authentication and message integrity without supporting
   confidentiality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/