Subject: I-D Action: draft-vaughn-tlstm-update-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 13:56:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transport Layer Security Verion 1.3 (TLS 1.3) Transport Model for the
        Author          : Kenneth Vaughn
	Filename        : draft-vaughn-tlstm-update-00.txt
	Pages           : 70
	Date            : 2021-03-29

Abstract:
   describes a Transport Model for the Simple Network Management
   Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3) that uses Transport Layer Security
   Version 1.3 (TLS 1.3).  TLS 1.3 provides authentication and privacy
   services for SNMPv3 applications.  This document describes how the
   TLS 1.3 Transport Model (TLSTM 1.3) implements the needed features of
   an SNMPv3 Transport Subsystem to make this protection possible in an
   interoperable way.

   This Transport Model is designed to meet the security and operational
   needs of network administrators.  It supports the sending of SNMP
   messages over TLS/TCP.  TLS integrates well into existing public key
   infrastructures.

   This document also defines a portion of the Management Information
   Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols.  In particular,
   it defines objects for managing TLSTM for SNMP.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6353 (if approved).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vaughn-tlstm-update/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-vaughn-tlstm-update-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/