Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 00:27:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Information Distribution over GRASP
        Authors         : Bing Liu
                          Xun Xiao
                          Artur Hecker
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Zoran Despotovic
                          Brian
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2021-03-08

Abstract:
   Autonomic network infrastructure (ANI) is a generic platform for
   tenant applications (i.e.  AFs).  As we will see in some examplery
   use cases, AFs may not only require communication capability
   supported from the infrastructure side, but also the capability the
   infrastructure can hold and re-distribute information on-demand.
   This document proposes a solution for information distribution in the
   ANI.  Information distribution is categorized into two different
   modes: 1) instantaneous distribution and 2) publication for
   retrieval.  In the former case, the information is sent, propagated
   and disposed of after reception.  In the latter case, information
   needs to be stored in the network.

   The capability to distribute information is a basic and fundamental
   need for an autonomous network ([RFC7575]).  This document describes
   typical use cases of information distribution in ANI and requirements
   to ANI, such that rich information distribution can be natively
   supported.  The document proposes extensions to the autonomic nodes
   and suggests an implementation based on GRASP
   ([I-D.ietf-anima-grasp]) extensions as a protocol on the wire.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/