Subject: I-D Action: draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 17:58:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Color Operation with BGP Label Unicast
        Author          : Louis Chan
	Filename        : draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-03-07

Abstract:
      This document specifies how to carry colored path advertisement via
an enhancement       to the existing protocol BGP Label Unicast. It would allow
backward compatibility       with RFC8277.

      The targeted solution is to use stack of labels advertised via BGP
Label Unicast       2.0 for end to end traffic steering across multiple IGP domains. The
operation is       similar to Segment Routing.

      This proposed protocol will convey the necessary reachability information
to the       ingress PE node to construct an end to end path.

      Another two problems addressed here are the interworking with Flex-Algo,
and the       MPLS label space limit problem.

      Please note that there is a major change of protocol format starting
from version       01 draft. Except the optional BGP capability code, these rest of
BGP attributes       used in this draft are defined in previous RFC or in use today in
other scenario. 

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/