Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 04:26:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An ACME Profile for Generating Delegated Certificates
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Diego López
                          Antonio Agustín Pastor Perales
                          Thomas Fossati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation-07.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2021-03-26

Abstract:
   This memo defines a profile of the Automatic Certificate Management
   Environment (ACME) protocol by which the owner of an identifier
   (e.g., a domain name) can allow a third party to obtain an X.509
   certificate such that the certificate subject is the delegated
   identifier while the certified public key corresponds to a private
   key controlled by the third party.  A primary use case is that of a
   Content Delivery Network (CDN, the third party) terminating TLS
   sessions on behalf of a content provider (the owner of a domain
   name).  The presented mechanism allows the owner of the identifier to
   retain control over the delegation and revoke it at any time.  A key
   property of this mechanism is it does not require any modification to
   the deployed TLS ecosystem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/