Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 08:21:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CUBIC for Fast and Long-Distance Networks
        Authors         : Lisong Xu
                          Sangtae Ha
                          Injong Rhee
                          Vidhi Goel
                          Lars Eggert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-03-15

Abstract:
   CUBIC is an extension to the traditional TCP standards.  It differs
   from the traditional TCP standards only in the congestion control
   algorithm on the sender side.  In particular, it uses a cubic
   function instead of the linear window increase function of the
   traditional TCP standards to improve scalability and stability under
   fast and long-distance networks.  CUBIC has been adopted as the
   default TCP congestion control algorithm by the Linux, Windows, and
   Apple stacks.

   This document updates the specification of CUBIC to include
   algorithmic improvements based on these implementations and recent
   academic work.  Based on the extensive deployment experience with
   CUBIC, it also moves the specification to the Standards Track,
   obsoleting [RFC8312].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/