Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-suit-information-model-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 04:49:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Software Updates for Internet of Things WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Manifest Information Model for Firmware Updates in IoT Devices
        Authors         : Brendan Moran
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Henk Birkholz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-suit-information-model-10.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2021-03-19

Abstract:
   Vulnerabilities with Internet of Things (IoT) devices have raised the
   need for a reliable and secure firmware update mechanism that is also
   suitable for constrained devices.  Ensuring that devices function and
   remain secure over their service life requires such an update
   mechanism to fix vulnerabilities, to update configuration settings,
   as well as adding new functionality.

   One component of such a firmware update is a concise and machine-
   processable meta-data document, or manifest, that describes the
   firmware image(s) and offers appropriate protection.  This document
   describes the information that must be present in the manifest.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-suit-information-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-suit-information-model-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-suit-information-model-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-suit-information-model-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/