Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-6834bis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 04:49:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Map-Versioning
        Authors         : Luigi Iannone
                          Damien Saucez
                          Olivier Bonaventure
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-6834bis-08.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-03-24

Abstract:
   This document describes the LISP (Locator/ID Separation Protocol)
   Map-Versioning mechanism, which provides in-packet information about
   Endpoint ID to Routing Locator (EID-to-RLOC) mappings used to
   encapsulate LISP data packets.  The proposed approach is based on
   associating a version number to EID-to-RLOC mappings and the
   transport of such a version number in the LISP-specific header of
   LISP-encapsulated packets.  LISP Map-Versioning is particularly
   useful to inform communicating Ingress Tunnel Routers (ITRs) and
   Egress Tunnel Routers (ETRs) about modifications of the mappings used
   to encapsulate packets.  The mechanism is optional and transparent to
   implementations not supporting this feature, since in the LISP-
   specific header and in the Map Records, bits used for Map-Versioning
   can be safely ignored by ITRs and ETRs that do not support or do not
   want to use the mechanism.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6834 "Locator/ID Separation Protocol
   (LISP) Map-Versioning", which is the initial experimental
   specifications of the mechanisms updated by this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-6834bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp-6834bis-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lisp-6834bis-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lisp-6834bis-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/