Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 12:07:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PASSporT Extension for Rich Call Data
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-11.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2021-03-29

Abstract:
   This document extends PASSporT, a token for conveying
   cryptographically-signed call information about personal
   communications, to include rich meta-data about a call and caller
   that can be signed and integrity protected, transmitted, and
   subsequently rendered to users.  This framework is intended to extend
   caller and call specific information beyond human-readable display
   name comparable to the "Caller ID" function common on the telephone
   network.  The JSON element defined for this purpose, Rich Call Data
   (RCD), is an extensible object defined to either be used as part of
   STIR or with SIP Call-Info to include related information about calls
   that helps people decide whether to pick up the phone.  This signing
   of the RCD information is also enhanced with a integrity mechanism
   that is designed to protect the authoring and transport of this
   information between authoritative and non-authoritative parties
   generating and signing the Rich Call Data for support of different
   usage and content policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/