Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 10:10:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Service binding and parameter specification via the DNS (DNS SVCB and HTTPS RRs)
        Authors         : Ben Schwartz
                          Mike Bishop
                          Erik Nygren
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https-04.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2021-03-17

Abstract:
   This document specifies the "SVCB" and "HTTPS" DNS resource record
   (RR) types to facilitate the lookup of information needed to make
   connections to network services, such as for HTTPS origins.  SVCB
   records allow a service to be provided from multiple alternative
   endpoints, each with associated parameters (such as transport
   protocol configuration and keys for encrypting the TLS ClientHello).
   They also enable aliasing of apex domains, which is not possible with
   CNAME.  The HTTPS RR is a variation of SVCB for HTTPS and HTTP
   origins.  By providing more information to the client before it
   attempts to establish a connection, these records offer potential
   benefits to both performance and privacy.

   TO BE REMOVED: This document is being collaborated on in Github at:
   https://github.com/MikeBishop/dns-alt-svc [1].  The most recent
   working version of the document, open issues, etc. should all be
   available there.  The authors (gratefully) accept pull requests.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/