Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 09:11:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Updating the IANA MPLS LSP Ping Parameters
        Authors         : Loa Andersson
                          Mach Chen
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Tarek Saad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-11.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2021-03-01

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC 8029 and RFC 8611 which both define IANA
   registries for MPLS Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping, in particular the
   registration procedure "Private Use" (esarlier know as "Vendor
   Private Use") is changed to "First Come, First Served" the TLV and
   Sub-TLV Registries.

   It also updates the description of the procedures for the responses
   sent when an unknown or erroneous code point is found.  The updates
   are to clarify and align this namespace with recent developments,
   e.g. the updates to " Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations
   Section in RFCs" (e.g.  RFC 8126), instead of the terminology from
   the obsoleted RFC 5226.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/