Subject: I-D Action: draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 15:31:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Management Protocol -- Commands and Responses
        Author          : Roger Price
	Filename        : draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2021-03-06

Abstract:
   This text describes the command/response protocol currently used in
   the management of Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) units and other
   power devices often deployed in small offices, and in IT
   installations subject to an erratic public power supply.  The UPS
   units typically interface to an Attachment Daemon in the system they
   protect.  This daemon is in turn polled by a Management Daemon which
   notifies users and system administrators of power supply incidents,
   and takes system shutdown decisions.  The commands and responses
   described by this text are exchanged between the UPS Attachment
   Daemon and the Management Daemon.  Current practice leads to weak
   security and this is addressed in the Security and IANA
   Considerations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/