Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 04:14:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Light Weighted EVPN
        Authors         : Yubao Wang
                          Ran Chen
	Filename        : draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction-05.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2021-03-08

Abstract:
   SRv6 EVPN [I-D.ietf-bess-srv6-services] is not sufficient for some
   light-weighted use cases.  When PBB EVPN [RFC7623] over SRv6 is used
   to support these light-weighted EVPN services, it is complicated to
   make use of the SID list to carry a function that is aiming for
   C-MACs.

   In [I-D.ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming], End.DX2 function is
   defined, this function can be used in EVPN VPLS.  When it is used in
   EVPN VPLS, the data-plane learning defined in End.DT2U function can
   also be transplanted into End.DX2 function.  On the basis of such
   extended End.DX2 function, SRv6 EVPN can be improved to meet all the
   requirements per [RFC7623] and bring us some other benefits.  Such
   SRv6 EVPN is called light-weighted SRv6 EVPN, and it will be more
   simpler than PBB EVPN over SRv6.

   It is easy for the light-weighted SRv6 EVPN to carry a SID that is
   aiming for customer ethernet packets, because there will be no other
   ethernet header between the SID list and the customer ethernet
   header.  These SIDs may be user-defined functions for the customer
   ethernet headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction-05.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-bess-evpn-cmac-overload-reduction-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/