Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-6man-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 02:11:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Encapsulation of End-to-End IETF Network Slice Information in IPv6
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-li-6man-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-04-14

Abstract:
   Network slicing can be used to meet the connectivity and performance
   requirement of different services or customers in a shared network.
   An IETF network slice may span multiple network domains.  In the
   context of 5G, the 5G end-to-end network slices consist of three
   major types of network segments: Radio Access Network (RAN),
   Transport Network (TN) and Core Network (CN).

   In order to facilitate the mapping between network slices in
   different network segments and network domains, it is beneficial to
   carry the identifiers of the 5G end-to-end network slice, the multi-
   domain IETF network slice together with the intra-domain network
   slice identifier in the data packet.

   This document defines the mechanism of encapsulating the end-to-end
   network slice related information in IPv6 data plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-6man-e2e-ietf-network-slicing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-6man-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-6man-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/