Subject: I-D Action: draft-wood-term-modest-proposal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 00:59:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Modest Proposal for Acceptable Terminology with Git
        Author          : Lloyd Wood
	Filename        : draft-wood-term-modest-proposal-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-04-01

Abstract:
   Certain established and longstanding terms of art, used as technical
   terminology, are now considered contentious and can be considered
   harmful when used in discussion, in debate, and in reading,
   following, accepting the authority of, and complying with, existing
   technical documentation that unfortunately uses those terms that were
   not considered to be at all contentious, but clear and entirely
   uncontroversial normal use, when that technical documentation was
   originally authored or published.  The use of such now-deplorable
   terms of art should be deprecated, and those terms should ideally be
   replaced with approved, accepted, more effective, inoffensive terms
   of art wherever possible.  Any new use of those original terms must
   be carefully considered and fully justified before that use is agreed
   by consensus and submitted for careful approval in documents.
   Recommended replacement substitute terms should be considered for
   inclusion instead.  A process for identifying and recommending
   replacements to those harmful terms is outlined here.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wood-term-modest-proposal/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wood-term-modest-proposal-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wood-term-modest-proposal-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/