Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ship-edge-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 10:38:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Short Hierarchical IP Addresses at Edge Networks
        Author          : Haoyu Song
	Filename        : draft-song-ship-edge-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-04-20

Abstract:
   To mitigate the IPv6 header overhead in edge networks, this draft
   proposes to use short hierarchical addresses excluding the network
   prefix within edge networks.  An edge network can be further
   organized into a hierarchical architecture containing one or more
   levels of networks.  The border routers for each hierarchical level
   are responsible for address augmenting and pruning.  Specifically,
   the top-level border routers convert the internal IP header to and
   from the standard IPv6 header.  This draft presents an incrementally
   deployable scheme allowing packet header to be effectively compressed
   in edge networks without affecting the network interoperability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ship-edge/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ship-edge-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ship-edge-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-ship-edge-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/