Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:36:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CBOR Encoded X.509 Certificates (C509 Certificates)
        Authors         : Shahid Raza
                          Joel Höglund
                          Göran Selander
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Martin Furuhed
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert-00.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2021-04-28

Abstract:
   This document specifies a CBOR encoding of X.509 certificates.  The
   resulting certificates are called C509 Certificates.  The CBOR
   encoding supports a large subset of RFC 5280 and significantly
   reduces the size of certificates compatible with e.g.  RFC 7925, IEEE
   802.1AR (DevID), CNSA, and CA/Browser Forum Baseline Requirements.
   When used to re-encode DER encoded X.509 certificates, the CBOR
   encoding can in many cases reduce the size of RFC 7925 profiled
   certificates with over 50%.  The CBOR encoded structure can
   alternatively be signed directly ("natively signed"), which does not
   require re-encoding for the signature to be verified.  The document
   also specifies COSE headers as well as a TLS certificate type for
   C509 certificates.

   NOTE: "C509" is a placeholder, name to be decided by the COSE WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/