Subject: I-D Action: draft-haas-idr-flowspec-term-order-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 10:47:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Flowspec Explicit Term Ordering
        Authors         : Jeffrey Haas
                          Susan Hares
                          Sven Maduschke
	Filename        : draft-haas-idr-flowspec-term-order-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-04-27

Abstract:
   BGP Flowspec (RFC 8955) provides a mechanism for matching traffic
   flows.  The ordering of the Flow Specifications defined by that RFC
   is provided by a sorting function that uses the contents of the
   received BGP NLRI; that NLRI does not contain an explicit ordering
   component.  The RFC's sorting function permits for origination of
   Flowspec NLRI from multiple BGP Speakers and is generally appropriate
   for mitigating distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.

   There are circumstances where the implicit RFC 8955 sorting order is
   not appropriate.  This document defines a mechanism that permits
   individual Flowspec NLRI to influence their sort order.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haas-idr-flowspec-term-order/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haas-idr-flowspec-term-order-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-haas-idr-flowspec-term-order-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/