Subject: I-D Action: draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-for-cmpr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:41:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Generalized SRv6 Network Programming for SRv6 Compression
        Authors         : Weiqiang Cheng
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Cheng Li
                          Francois Clad
                          Aihua Liu
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Yisong Liu
                          Shay Zadok
	Filename        : draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-for-cmpr-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-04-29

Abstract:
   This document proposes Generalized Segment Routing over IPv6 (G-SRv6)
   Networking Programming for SRv6 compression.

   G-SRv6 can reduce the overhead of SRv6 by encoding the Generalized
   SIDs(G-SID) in SID list, and it also supports to program SRv6 SIDs
   and G-SIDs in a single SRH to support incremental deployment and
   smooth upgrade.

   G-SRv6 is fully compatible with SRv6 with no modification of SRH, no
   new address consumption, no new route creation, and even no
   modification of control plane.

   G-SRv6 for Compression is designed based on the Compressed SRv6
   Segment List Encoding in SRH
   [I-D.filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-comp-sl-enc] framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-for-cmpr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-for-cmpr-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-for-cmpr-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cl-spring-generalized-srv6-for-cmpr-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/