Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:59:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Query Name Minimisation to Improve Privacy
        Authors         : Stephane Bortzmeyer
                          Ralph Dolmans
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-04-30

Abstract:
   This document describes a technique called "QNAME minimisation" to
   improve DNS privacy, where the DNS resolver no longer always sends
   the full original QNAME and original QTYPE to the upstream name
   server.  This document obsoletes RFC 7816.

   This document is part of the IETF DNSOP (DNS Operations) Working
   Group.  The source of the document, as well as a list of open issues,
   is at <https://framagit.org/bortzmeyer/rfc7816-bis>

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/