Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-cbor-cddl-map-like-data-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 11:11:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Map-like data in CBOR and CDDL
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Brendan Moran
                          Henk Birkholz
                          Emile Cormier
	Filename        : draft-bormann-cbor-cddl-map-like-data-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-04-04

Abstract:
   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 8949) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   Basic CBOR supports unordered maps free of duplicate keys, similar to
   the way JSON defines JSON objects (RFC 8259).  Using the CBOR
   extension point of tags, tags for a selection of variants of maps and
   multimaps have been registered, but gaps remain.  The present
   document defines a consolidated set of CBOR tags for map-like data
   items involving key-value pairs.

   The Concise Data Definition Language (CDDL), standardized in RFC
   8610, is often used to express CBOR data structure specifications.
   It provides "control operators" as its main language extension point.

   The present document defines a number of control operators that
   enable the description of CBOR data structures that make use of the
   newly defined tags or that employ the same underlying structures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-cbor-cddl-map-like-data/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-bormann-cbor-cddl-map-like-data-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/