Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-v6-26.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 08:31:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Operational Security Considerations for IPv6 Networks
        Authors         : Eric Vyncke
                          Kiran Kumar
                          Merike Kaeo
                          Enno Rey
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-v6-26.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2021-04-09

Abstract:
   Knowledge and experience on how to operate IPv4 networks securely is
   available: whether it is an Internet Service Provider or an
   enterprise internal network.  However, IPv6 presents some new
   security challenges.  RFC 4942 describes security issues in the
   protocol, but network managers also need a more practical,
   operations-minded document to enumerate advantages and/or
   disadvantages of certain choices.

   This document analyzes the operational security issues associated
   with several types of network and proposes technical and procedural
   mitigation techniques.  This document is only applicable to managed
   networks, such as enterprise networks.  The recommendations in this
   document are not applicable to residential user cases, even in cases
   where a Service Provider may be managing the home gateway.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-v6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-v6-26
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsec-v6-26

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-v6-26

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/