Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 02:05:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Carrying Virtual Transport Network Identifier in MPLS Packet
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-04-14

Abstract:
   A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual network which has a
   customized network topology and a set of dedicated or shared network
   resources allocated from the underlying network infrastructure.
   Multiple VTNs can be created by network operator for using as the
   underlay for one or a group of VPNs services to provide enhanced VPN
   (VPN+) services.  In packet forwarding, some fields in the data
   packet needs to be used to identify the VTN the packet belongs to, so
   that the VTN-specific processing can be executed.

   This document proposes a mechanism to carry the VTN-ID in an MPLS
   packet to identify the VTN the packet belongs to.  The procedure for
   processing the VTN ID is also specified.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/