Subject: I-D Action: draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 00:40:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ND Prefix Robustness Improvements
        Authors         : Eduard Vasilenko
                          Paolo Volpato
	Filename        : draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-04-14

Abstract:
   IPv6 prefixes could become invalid abruptly as a result of outages,
   network administrator actions, or particular product shortcomings.

   That could lead to connectivity problems for the hosts attached to
   the subtended network.

   This document has two targets: on the one hand, to analyze the cases
   that may lead to network prefix invalidity; on the other to develop
   a root cause analysis for those cases and propose a solution.

   This may bring to extensions of the protocols used to convey prefix
   information and other options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/