Subject: I-D Action: draft-spaghetti-idr-bgp-sendholdtimer-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 04:11:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Border Gateway Protocol 4 (BGP-4) Send Hold Timer
        Authors         : Job Snijders
                          Ben Cartwright-Cox
	Filename        : draft-spaghetti-idr-bgp-sendholdtimer-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-04-23

Abstract:
   This document defines the SendHoldTimer session attribute for the
   Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Finite State Machine (FSM).
   Implementation of a SendHoldTimer should help overcome situations
   where BGP sessions are not terminated after it has become detectable
   for the local system that the remote system is not processing BGP
   messages.  For robustness, this document specifies that the local
   system should close BGP connections and not solely rely on the remote
   system for session tear down when BGP timers have expired.  This
   document updates RFC4271.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spaghetti-idr-bgp-sendholdtimer/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-spaghetti-idr-bgp-sendholdtimer-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-spaghetti-idr-bgp-sendholdtimer-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-spaghetti-idr-bgp-sendholdtimer-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/