Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 13:59:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delivered-To Email Header Field
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-04-18

Abstract:
   The address to which email is delivered might be different than any
   of the addresses shown in any of the content header fields that were
   created by the author.  The address used by the mail transport
   service is provided separately, through an envelope SMTP "RCPT TO"
   command.  Before final delivery, handling can entail a sequence of
   submission/delivery events, using different destination addresses,
   that lead to the recipient.  It can be helpful for a message to have
   a common way to record each delivery in such a sequence, and to
   include each address used for that recipient.  This specification
   defines a header field for this information.

   Email handling information is a matter of modifying the email
   infrastructure and possibly creating privacy concerns.  A header
   field such as this is not automatically assured of adoption or use.
   Therefore it is being published as an Experiment, looking for
   constituency and for operational utility.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/