Subject: I-D Action: draft-touch-sne-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:05:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Sequence Number Extension for Windowed Protocols
        Author          : Joe Touch
	Filename        : draft-touch-sne-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-04-12

Abstract:
   Sliding window protocols use finite sequence numbers to determine
   segment placement and order. These sequence number spaces wrap
   around and are reused during the operation of such protocols. This
   document describes a way to extend the size of these sequence
   numbers at the endpoints to avoid the impact of that wrap and reuse
   without transmitting additional information in the packet header.
   The resulting extended sequence numbers can be used at the endpoints
   in encryption and authentication algorithms to ensure input bit
   patterns do not repeat over the lifetime of a connection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-sne/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-sne-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-touch-sne-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/