Subject: I-D Action: draft-iwanicki-roll-rnfd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 03:14:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RNFD: Fast border router crash detection in RPL
        Author          : Konrad Iwanicki
	Filename        : draft-iwanicki-roll-rnfd-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2021-04-06

Abstract:
   By and large, a correct operation of a RPL network requires border
   routers to be up.  In many applications, it is beneficial for the
   nodes to detect a crash of a border router as soon as possible to
   trigger fallback actions.  This document describes RNFD, an extension
   to RPL that expedites border router failure detection, even by an
   order of magnitude, by having nodes collaboratively monitor the
   status of a given border router.  The extension introduces an
   additional state at each node, a new type of RPL Control Message
   Options for synchronizing this state among different nodes, and the
   coordination algorithm itself.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iwanicki-roll-rnfd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iwanicki-roll-rnfd-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iwanicki-roll-rnfd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/