Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 10:59:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In-situ Flow Information Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Huanan Chen
                          Jaehwan Jin
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-14.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-04-02

Abstract:
   As network scale increases and network operation becomes more
   sophisticated, traditional Operation, Administration and Maintenance
   (OAM) methods, which include proactive and reactive techniques,
   running in active and passive modes, are no longer sufficient to meet
   the monitoring and measurement requirements.  On-path telemetry
   techniques which provide high-precision flow insight and real-time
   issue notification are emerging to support suitable quality of
   experience for users and applications, and fault or network
   deficiency identification before they become critical.

   Centering on the new data plane on-path telemetry techniques, this
   document outlines a high-level framework to provide an operational
   environment that utilizes these techniques to enable the collection
   and correlation of performance information from the network.  The
   framework identifies the components that are needed to coordinate the
   existing protocol tools and telemetry mechanisms, and addresses key
   deployment challenges for flow-oriented on-path telemetry techniques,
   especially in carrier networks.

   The framework is informational and intended to guide system designers
   attempting to apply the referenced techniques as well as to motivate
   further work to enhance the ecosystem .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/