Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 16:10:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Transport over TCP - Operational Requirements
        Authors         : John Kristoff
                          Duane Wessels
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-10.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2021-06-08

Abstract:
   This document updates [RFC1123].  This document strongly encourages
   the operational practice of permitting DNS messages to be carried
   over TCP on the Internet as a best current practice.  Such
   encouragement is aligned with the implementation requirements in RFC
   7766.  The use of TCP includes both DNS over unencrypted TCP, as well
   as over an encrypted TLS session.  The document also considers the
   consequences with this form of DNS communication and the potential
   operational issues that can arise when this best current practice is
   not upheld.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/