Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 07:57:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Enhanced JWT Claim Constraints for STIR Certificates
        Author          : Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-06-30

Abstract:
   RFC 8226 specifies the use of certificates for Secure Telephone
   Identity Credentials, and these certificates are often called "STIR
   Certificates".  RFC 8226 provides a certificate extension to
   constrain the JSON Web Token (JWT) claims that can be included in the
   Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) as defined in RFC 8225.  If the
   PASSporT signer includes a JWT claim outside the constraint
   boundaries, then the PASSporT recipient will reject the entire
   PASSporT.  This document updates RFC 8226; it provides all of the
   capabilities available in the original certificate extension as well
   as an additional way to constrain the allowable JWT claims.  The
   enhanced extension can also provide a list of claims that are not
   allowed to be included in the PASSporT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/