Subject: I-D Action: draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 00:45:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Real-time text solutions for multi-party sessions
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-07.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2021-06-20

Abstract:
   This document specifies methods for Real-Time Text (RTT) media
   handling in multi-party calls.  The main discussed transport is to
   carry Real-Time text by the RTP protocol in a time-sampled mode
   according to RFC 4103.  The mechanisms enable the receiving
   application to present the received real-time text media, separated
   per source, in different ways according to user preferences.  Some
   presentation related features are also described explaining suitable
   variations of transmission and presentation of text.

   Call control features are described for the SIP environment.  A
   number of alternative methods for providing the multi-party
   negotiation, transmission and presentation are discussed and a
   recommendation for the main ones is provided.  The main solution for
   SIP based centralized multi-party handling of real-time text is
   achieved through a media control unit coordinating multiple RTP text
   streams into one RTP stream.

   Alternative methods using a single RTP stream and source
   identification inline in the text stream are also described, one of
   them being provided as a lower functionality fallback method for
   endpoints with no multi-party awareness for RTT.

   Bridging methods where the text stream is carried without the
   contents being dealt with in detail by the bridge are also discussed.

   Brief information is also provided for multi-party RTT in the WebRTC
   environment.

   The intention is to provide background for decisions, specification
   and implementation of selected methods.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-solutions-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/