Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-spring-siam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:09:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SRv6 In-situ Active Measurement
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tian Pan
	Filename        : draft-song-spring-siam-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-06-14

Abstract:
   This draft describes a data-plane in-band active measurement method
   for SRv6.  A packet containing an SRH uses a flag bit to indicate it
   is a probing packet.  The IOAM header and data are encapsulated in
   UDP payload.  The probing packet originates from a segment source
   node and terminates at a configured segment endpoint node.  Each
   segment node on the path, when detecting the flag, parses the UDP
   header and the IOAM header, and adds data to the IOAM node data
   fields.  The method avoids the performance and encapsulation issues
   for applying IOAM in SRv6 networks.  Multiple applications can be
   supported by the method.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-spring-siam/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-spring-siam-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-spring-siam-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/