Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 06:48:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3 (EAP-TLS 1.3)
        Authors         : John Preuß Mattsson
                          Mohit Sethi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-17.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2021-06-26

Abstract:
   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in RFC 3748,
   provides a standard mechanism for support of multiple authentication
   methods.  This document specifies the use of EAP-Transport Layer
   Security (EAP-TLS) with TLS 1.3 while remaining backwards compatible
   with existing implementations of EAP-TLS.  TLS 1.3 provides
   significantly improved security, privacy, and reduced latency when
   compared to earlier versions of TLS.  EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3 (EAP-TLS
   1.3) further improves security and privacy by always providing
   forward secrecy, never disclosing the peer identity, and by mandating
   use of revocation checking.  This document also provides guidance on
   authentication, authorization, and resumption for EAP-TLS in general
   (regardless of the underlying TLS version used).  This document
   updates RFC 5216.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-17

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/