Subject: I-D Action: draft-wisser-registrylock-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 08:03:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Registry Lock Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
        Author          : Ulrich Wisser
	Filename        : draft-wisser-registrylock-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-06-18

Abstract:
   This extensions defines an additional protective layer for changes to
   domain [RFC5731], host xref target="RFC5732" format="default"/> and
   contact [RFC5733] objects managed through EPP.

   EPP allows changes to objects only by the sponsoring client.  EPP
   objects are usually managed by the sponsoring client on behalf of the
   sponsoring clients customers.  All of these interactions are ususally
   fully automated.

   In case of a system breach, there is no protection in EPP to changes
   to any object by the intruder.

   This extension defines a protective layer that aims to break
   automated changes and work flows by requiring manual intervention by
   the sponsoring client or it's customers.

   xxx

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wisser-registrylock/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-wisser-registrylock-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wisser-registrylock-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/