Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 23:19:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendations on the Filtering of IPv6 Packets Containing IPv6 Extension Headers at Transit Routers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will (Shucheng) Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-08.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2021-06-03

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the security implications of IPv6 Extension
   Headers and associated IPv6 options.  Additionally, it discusses the
   operational and interoperability implications of discarding packets
   based on the IPv6 Extension Headers and IPv6 options they contain.
   Finally, it provides advice on the filtering of such IPv6 packets at
   transit routers for traffic *not* directed to them, for those cases
   where such filtering is deemed as necessary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/