Subject: I-D Action: draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:49:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS 1.3 Authentication and Integrity only Cipher Suites
        Authors         : Nancy Cam-Winget
                          Jack Visoky
	Filename        : draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-12.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-06-17

Abstract:
   This document defines the use of HMAC-only cipher suites for TLS 1.3,
   which provides server and optionally mutual authentication and data
   authenticity, but not data confidentiality.  Cipher suites with these
   properties are not of general applicability, but there are use cases,
   specifically in Internet of Things (IoT) and constrained
   environments, that do not require confidentiality of exchanged
   messages while still requiring integrity protection, server
   authentication, and optional client authentication.  This document
   gives examples of such use cases, with the caveat that prior to using
   these integrity-only cipher suites, a threat model for the situation
   at hand is needed, and a threat analysis must be performed within
   that model to determine whether the use of integrity-only cipher
   suites is appropriate.  The approach described in this document is
   not endorsed by the IETF and does not have IETF consensus, but is
   presented here to enable interoperable implementation of a reduced
   security mechanism that provides authentication and message integrity
   without supporting confidentiality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/