Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-dlt-gateway-identification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 07:49:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Gateway Identification and Discovery for Decentralized Ledger Networks
        Authors         : Shiping Chen
                          Thomas Hardjono
	Filename        : draft-chen-dlt-gateway-identification-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-06-07

Abstract:
   Today there is a growth in the number of blockchain and decentralized
   ledger networks (DLN) around the world, and interoperability across
   different networks represents a challenge for the value proposition
   of these networks.

   One approach for blockchain interoperability to be achieved is to
   employ gateways that permit assets to flow across the relevant
   networks of blockchains.

   However, a core requirement for interoperability is the correct
   identification of computer systems that act as gateways and the
   correct validation of the ownership of the gateway.  A secondary
   requirement is for a gateway to inquire as to the existence of an
   entity address (public key) within a given decentralized ledger
   network.

   This memo discusses options with regards gateway identification and
   verification strategies.  It looks at addressing the problem from the
   application layer and from the network layer.  It also discusses
   other options, such as relying on a third-party blockchain-registered
   identifiers and resolver services

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-dlt-gateway-identification/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-dlt-gateway-identification-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/