Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-grand-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 16:44:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Gratuitous Neighbor Discovery: Creating Neighbor Cache Entries on First-Hop Routers
        Author          : Jen Linkova
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-grand-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2021-06-03

Abstract:
   Neighbor Discovery (RFC4861) is used by IPv6 nodes to determine the
   link-layer addresses of neighboring nodes as well as to discover and
   maintain reachability information.  This document updates RFC4861 to
   allow routers to proactively create a Neighbor Cache entry when a new
   IPv6 address is assigned to a node.  It also updates RFC4861 and
   recommends nodes to send unsolicited Neighbor Advertisements upon
   assigning a new IPv6 address.  The proposed change will minimize the
   delay and packet loss when a node initiates connections to an off-
   link destination from a new IPv6 address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-grand/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-grand-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-grand-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/