Subject: I-D Action: draft-salgado-dnsop-rrserial-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 08:48:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The "RRSERIAL" EDNS option for the SOA serial of a RR's zone
        Authors         : Hugo Salgado
                          Mauricio Vergara Ereche
	Filename        : draft-salgado-dnsop-rrserial-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2021-06-03

Abstract:
   The "RRSERIAL" EDNS option allows a DNS querier to request a DNS
   authoritative server to add an EDNS option in the answer of such
   query with the SOA serial number field of the origin zone which
   contains the answered Resource Record.

   This "RRSERIAL" data allows to debug and diagnose problems by helping
   to recognize the data source of an answer in an atomic single query,
   by associating the response with a respective zone version.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salgado-dnsop-rrserial/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-salgado-dnsop-rrserial-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-salgado-dnsop-rrserial-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/