Subject: I-D Action: draft-rintaro-eds-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 04:39:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Effective DNS Service
        Author          : Rintaro Kobayashi
	Filename        : draft-rintaro-eds-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2021-06-01

Abstract:
   In DNS Queries over HTTPS [RFC8484], the port that communicates with
   DNS would change from UDP to TCP 443.  This change causes a new
   problem that makes it difficult to identify which is the name
   resolution request, so it is difficult to use web filtering, parental
   controls and so on.  Furthermore, a user-agent in a HTTP header that
   is necessary for HTTPS communications could be a data used to track
   users.  In summary, DNS Queries over HTTPS has some problems that
   affect users' security and privacy.  This draft proposes a system
   that is set mediation servers between client side and DNS servers.
   With this proposal, it is expected that those two problems will be
   solved.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rintaro-eds/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rintaro-eds-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/