Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-apn-acceleration-usecase-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 00:05:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use cases of Application-aware Networking (APN) in Game Acceleration
        Authors         : Shuai Zhang
                          Chang Cao
                          Shuping Peng
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-zhang-apn-acceleration-usecase-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-06-07

Abstract:
   With the development of the Internet, game industry has risen
   rapidly, from handheld game consoles to PC games and mobile games.
   The types of games are diversified, while the number of game users is
   increasing year by year.  The game market is maturing quickly.

   Nowadays, the scale of game users is large and they belong to the
   easy-to-consume groups.  Among all the games, those require frequent
   interactions and involve video streaming usually have highly
   demanding requirements on the network in terms of guaranteed network
   latency and reliability.  Therefore, from the aspect of ensuring
   better gaming experience, it is desirable of differentiating the
   particular gaming application flows and providing high-priority
   network services for those demanding gamers.

   This document describes the game acceleration scenarios using
   Application-aware Networking (APN) technology.  In these scenarios,
   APN can identify the specific requirements of particular gaming
   applications, steer the flows to the game processors close to the
   users, and provide SLA guaranteed network services such as low
   latency and high reliability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-apn-acceleration-usecase/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-apn-acceleration-usecase-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-apn-acceleration-usecase-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/