Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 12:04:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Registration Protocols Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Secure Authorization Information for Transfer
        Authors         : James Gould
                          Richard Wilhelm
	Filename        : draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-07.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2021-06-28

Abstract:
   The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP), in RFC 5730, defines the
   use of authorization information to authorize a transfer of an EPP
   object, such as a domain name, between clients that are referred to
   as registrars.  Object-specific, password-based authorization
   information (see RFC 5731 and RFC 5733) is commonly used, but raises
   issues related to the security, complexity, storage, and lifetime of
   authentication information.  This document defines an operational
   practice, using the EPP RFCs, that leverages the use of strong random
   authorization information values that are short-lived, not stored by
   the client, and stored by the server using a cryptographic hash that
   provides for secure authorization information that can safely be used
   for object transfers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/