Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 16:36:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board IETF of the IETF.

        Title           : The Harmful Consequences of the Robustness Principle
        Author          : Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   The robustness principle, often phrased as "be conservative in what
   you send, and liberal in what you accept", has long guided the design
   and implementation of Internet protocols.  The posture this statement
   advocates promotes interoperability in the short term, but can
   negatively affect the protocol ecosystem over time.  For a protocol
   that is actively maintained, the robustness principle can, and
   should, be avoided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-protocol-maintenance/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/