Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-taps-interface-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:12:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Services WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Abstract Application Layer Interface to Transport Services
        Authors         : Brian Trammell
                          Michael Welzl
                          Theresa Enghardt
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Colin Perkins
                          Philipp S. Tiesel
                          Christopher A. Wood
                          Tommy Pauly
                          Kyle Rose
	Filename        : draft-ietf-taps-interface-13.txt
	Pages           : 85
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   This document describes an abstract application programming
   interface, API, to the transport layer that enables the selection of
   transport protocols and network paths dynamically at runtime.  This
   API enables faster deployment of new protocols and protocol features
   without requiring changes to the applications.  The specified API
   follows the Transport Services Architecture by providing
   asynchronous, atomic transmission of messages.  It is intended to
   replace the traditional BSD sockets API as the common interface to
   the transport layer, in an environment where endpoints could select
   from multiple interfaces and potential transport protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-interface/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-taps-interface-13.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-taps-interface-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/