Subject: I-D Action: draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:12:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS-SD Compatible Service Discovery in GeneRic Autonomic Signaling Protocol (GRASP)
        Authors         : Toerless Eckert
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Michael H. Behringer
	Filename        : draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   DNS Service Discovery (DNS-SD) defines a framework for applications
   to announce and discover services.  This includes service names,
   service instance names, common parameters for selecting a service
   instance (weight or priority) as well as other service-specific
   parameters.  For the specific case of autonomic networks, GeneRic
   Autonomic Signaling Protocol (GRASP) intends to be used for service
   discovery in addition to the setup of basic connectivity.
   Reinventing advanced service discovery for GRASP with a similar set
   of features as DNS-SD would result in duplicated work.  To avoid
   that, this document defines how to use GRASP to announce and discover
   services relying upon DNS-SD features while maintaining the intended
   simplicity of GRASP.  To that aim, the document defines name
   discovery and schemes for reusable elements in GRASP objectives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/