Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-dns-confidential-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 03:16:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Privacy Improvements for DNS Resolution with Confidential Computing
        Authors         : Jari Arkko
                          Jiri Novotny
	Filename        : draft-arkko-dns-confidential-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2021-07-02

Abstract:
   Data leaks are a serious privacy problem for Internet users.  Data in
   flight and at rest can be protected with traditional communications
   security and data encryption.  Protecting data in use is more
   difficult.  In addition, failure to protect data in use can lead to
   disclosing session or encryption keys needed for protecting data in
   flight or at rest.

   This document discusses the use of Confidential Computing, to reduce
   the risk of leaks from data in use.  Our example use case is in the
   context of DNS resolution services.  The document looks at the
   operational implications of running services in a way that even the
   owner of the service or compute platform cannot access user-specific
   information produced by the resolution process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-dns-confidential/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-arkko-dns-confidential-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-arkko-dns-confidential-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/