Subject: I-D Action: draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 09:57:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS Flooding Congestion Control
        Authors         : Bruno Decraene
                          Chris Bowers
                          Jayesh J
                          Tony Li
                          Gunter Van de Velde
                          Guillaume Solignac
	Filename        : draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-07.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   This document proposes a mechanism to adjust IS-IS flooding speed
   between two adjacent routers by adjusting the sender flooding speed
   to the capability of the receiver.  This helps improving the flooding
   throughput, reducing LSPs losses and retransmissions due to receiver
   overload, and avoiding manual tuning of flooding parameters by the
   network operator.  This document defines a new TLV for Hello
   messages.  This TLV may carry a set of parameters indicating the
   performance capacity to receive LSPs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-decraene-lsr-isis-flooding-speed-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/