Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 05:14:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP Attacks
        Authors         : John Preuß Mattsson
                          John Fornehed
                          Göran Selander
                          Francesca Palombini
                          Christian Amsüss
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2021-07-27

Abstract:
   Being able to securely read information from sensors, to securely
   control actuators, and to not enable distributed denial-of-service
   attacks are essential in a world of connected and networking things
   interacting with the physical world.  This document summarizes a
   number of known attacks on CoAP and show that just using CoAP with a
   security protocol like DTLS, TLS, or OSCORE is not enough for secure
   operation.  The document also summarizes different denial-of-service
   attacks using CoAP.  The goal with this document is motivating
   generic and protocol-specific recommendations on the usage of CoAP.
   Several of the discussed attacks can be mitigated with the solutions
   in draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/