Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 00:58:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board IETF of the IETF.

        Title           : RFC Editor Model (Version 3)
        Author          : Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-07-09

Abstract:
   This document describes Version 3 of the RFC Editor model.  As
   specified here, the model divides the responsibilities for the RFC
   Series into two high-level functions: policy definition governing the
   Series as a whole, and policy implementation through publication of
   documents in the Series.  The policy definition function is the
   responsibility of the RFC Series Working Group (RSWG), which produces
   policy proposals that are subject to approval by the RFC Series
   Approval Board (RSAB).  The policy implementation function is
   primarily the responsibility of the RFC Production Center (RPC),
   under the ultimate authority of the IETF Administration Limited
   Liability Company (LLC).

   This document reflects experience gained with version 1 of the RFC
   Editor Model as specified in RFC 5620 and with version 2 as specified
   in RFC 6635 and RFC 8728.

   This document obsoletes RFC 8728.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/