Subject: I-D Action: draft-horley-v6ops-expand-doc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 12:32:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Reserving Additional IPv6 Address Prefixes for Use in Documentation
        Authors         : Ed Horley
                          Tom Coffeen
                          Scott Hogg
                          Nick Buraglio
                          Chris Cummings
                          Kevin Myers
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-horley-v6ops-expand-doc-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2021-07-27

Abstract:
   To reduce the likelihood of conflict and confusion when relating
   documented examples to deployed systems, the IPv6 unicast address
   prefix 2001:db8::/32 is reserved for use in examples in documentation
   including RFCs, books, articles, vendor manuals, etc.  This document
   proposes the reservation of additional IPv6 prefixes for this
   purpose; specifically, 3ffe::/16 (formerly 6bone) and fec0::/10
   (formerly site-local).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-horley-v6ops-expand-doc/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-horley-v6ops-expand-doc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-horley-v6ops-expand-doc-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/