Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-grow-enhanced-as-loop-detection-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 05:21:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Enhanced AS-Loop Detection for BGP
        Authors         : Huanan Chen
                          Di Ma
                          Yunan Gu
                          Shunwan Zhuang
                          Haibo Wang
	Filename        : draft-chen-grow-enhanced-as-loop-detection-06.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-07-09

Abstract:
   Misconfiguration and malicious manipulation of BGP AS_Path may lead
   to route hijack.  This document proposes to enhance the BGP [RFC4271]
   Inbound/ Outbound route processing in the case of detecting an AS
   loop.  It is an enhancement to the current BGP's Inbound/Outbound
   processing and can be implemented directly on the device, and this
   document also proposes a centralized usecase.  This could empower
   networks to quickly and accurately figure out they're being
   victimized.

   Two options are proposed for the enhancement, a) a local check at the
   device; b) data collection/analysis at the remote network controller/
   server.  Both approaches are beneficial for route hijack detection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-grow-enhanced-as-loop-detection/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-grow-enhanced-as-loop-detection-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-grow-enhanced-as-loop-detection-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/