Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-6man-hide-options-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 16:21:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transient Hiding of Hop-by-Hop Options
        Author          : Donald E. Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-6man-hide-options-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   There are increasing requests for a variety IPv6 hop-by-hop options
   but such IPv6 options and all IPv4 options, are poorly handled,
   particularly by high speed routers in the core Internet where packets
   having options are commonly discarded. This document proposes a
   simple method of transiently hiding such options for part of a
   packet's path to protect the packet from discard.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-6man-hide-options/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eastlake-6man-hide-options-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/