Subject: I-D Action: draft-wisser-registrylock-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 09:36:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Registry Lock Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
        Author          : Ulrich Wisser
	Filename        : draft-wisser-registrylock-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-07-07

Abstract:
   This extensions defines an additional protective layer for changes to
   domain [RFC5731], host [RFC5732] and contact [RFC5733] objects
   managed through EPP.

   EPP allows changes to objects only by the sponsoring client.  EPP
   objects are usually managed by the sponsoring client on behalf of the
   sponsoring clients customers.  All of these interactions are ususally
   fully automated.

   In case of a system breach, there is no protection in EPP to changes
   to any object by the intruder.

   This extension defines a protective layer that aims to break
   automated changes and work flows by requiring manual intervention.

   The actual form of manual intervention is out-of-scope for this
   document.  By whom and how changes can be made is up to the registry
   and registrars to decide.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wisser-registrylock/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-wisser-registrylock-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wisser-registrylock-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/