Subject: I-D Action: draft-knodel-e2ee-definition-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 16:40:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Definition of End-to-end Encryption
        Authors         : Mallory Knodel
                          Fred Baker
                          Olaf Kolkman
                          Sofía Celi
                          Gurshabad Grover
	Filename        : draft-knodel-e2ee-definition-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   End-to-end encryption (E2EE) is an application of cryptography in
   communications systems between endpoints.  E2EE systems are unique in
   providing features of confidentiality, integrity and authenticity for
   users.  Improvements to E2EE strive to maximise the system's security
   while balancing usability and availability.  Users of E2EE
   communications expect trustworthy providers of secure implementations
   to respect and protect their right to whisper.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-knodel-e2ee-definition/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-knodel-e2ee-definition-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-knodel-e2ee-definition-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/