Subject: I-D Action: draft-schoen-intarea-lowest-address-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 17:47:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Lowest Address in an IPv4 Subnet
        Authors         : Seth David Schoen
                          John Gilmore
                          David M. Täht
	Filename        : draft-schoen-intarea-lowest-address-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-07-28

Abstract:
   With ever-increasing pressure to conserve IP address space on the
   Internet, it makes sense to consider where relatively minor changes
   can be made to fielded practice to improve numbering efficiency.  One
   such change, proposed by this document, is to increase the number of
   unicast addresses in each existing subnet, by redefining the use of
   the lowest-numbered (zeroth) host address in each IPv4 subnet as an
   ordinary unicast host identifier, instead of as a duplicate segment-
   directed broadcast address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schoen-intarea-lowest-address/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-schoen-intarea-lowest-address-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/