Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 08:01:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Fast Recovery for EVPN DF Election
        Authors         : Patrice Brissette
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Luc Andre Burdet
                          John Drake
                          Jorge Rabadan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-07-06

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) solution provides Designated
   Forwarder election procedures for multi-homing Ethernet Segments.
   These procedures have been enhanced further by applying Highest
   Random Weight (HRW) Algorithm for Designated Forwarded election in
   order to avoid unnecessary DF status changes upon a failure.  This
   draft improves these procedures by providing a fast Designated
   Forwarder (DF) election upon recovery of the failed link or node
   associated with the multi-homing Ethernet Segment.  The solution is
   independent of number of EVIs associated with that Ethernet Segment
   and it is performed via a simple signaling between the recovered PE
   and each PEs in the multi-homing group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/