Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 08:46:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HyStart++: Modified Slow Start for TCP
        Authors         : Praveen Balasubramanian
                          Yi Huang
                          Matt Olson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   This doument describes HyStart++, a simple modification to the slow
   start phase of TCP congestion control algorithms.  Traditional slow
   start can cause overshotting of the ideal send rate and cause large
   packet loss within a round-trip time which results in poor
   performance.  HyStart++ is composed of the delay increase variant of
   HyStart to prevent overshooting of the ideal sending rate, while also
   mitigating poor performance which can result from false positives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/