Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-messaging-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:15:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Messaging Use Cases and Extensions for STIR
        Authors         : Jon Peterson
                          Chris Wendt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-messaging-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   Secure Telephone Identity Revisited (STIR) provides a means of
   attesting the identity of a telephone caller via a signed token in
   order to prevent impersonation of a calling party number, which is a
   key enabler for illegal robocalling.  Similar impersonation is
   sometimes leveraged by bad actors in the text messaging space.  This
   document considers the applicability of STIR's Persona Assertion
   Token (PASSporT) and certificate issuance framework to instant text
   and multimedia messaging use cases, both for messages carried or
   negotiated by SIP, and for non-SIP messaging.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-messaging/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-messaging-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/