Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcast-pim-3376bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:09:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Internet Group Management Protocol, Version 3
        Author          : Brian Haberman
	Filename        : draft-mcast-pim-3376bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   This document specifies a revised Version 3 of the Internet Group
   Management Protocol, IGMPv3.  IGMP is the protocol used by IPv4
   systems to report their IP multicast group memberships to neighboring
   multicast routers.  Version 3 of IGMP adds support for source
   filtering, that is, the ability for a system to report interest in
   receiving packets only from specific source addresses, or from all
   but specific source addresses, sent to a particular multicast
   address.  That information may be used by multicast routing protocols
   to avoid delivering multicast packets from specific sources to
   networks where there are no interested receivers.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3376.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcast-pim-3376bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcast-pim-3376bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/