Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 01:02:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : EAP-based Authentication Service for CoAP
        Authors         : Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Dan Garcia-Carrillo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2021-07-26

Abstract:
   This document specifies an authentication service that uses the
   Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) transported employing
   Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) messages.  As such, it
   defines an EAP lower-layer based on CoAP called CoAP-EAP.  One of the
   primer goals is to authenticate a CoAP-enabled device (EAP peer) that
   intends to join a security domain managed by a domain Controller (EAP
   authenticator).  Secondly, it allows deriving key material to protect
   CoAP messages exchanged between them based on Object Security for
   Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE), enabling the establishment
   of a security association between them.  This document also provides
   guidelines on how to generate key material for other types of
   security associations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/