Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 13:27:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for Segment Routing Enabled Site Interconnection
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
                          Eric Rosen
                          Keyur Patel
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-13.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-07-22

Abstract:
   Data centers are attached to the Internet or a backbone network by
   gateway routers.  One data center typically has more than one gateway
   for commercial, load balancing, and resiliency reasons.  Other sites,
   such as access networks, also need to be connected across backbone
   networks through gateways.

   This document defines a mechanism using the BGP Tunnel Encapsulation
   attribute to allow data center gateway routers to advertise routes to
   the prefixes reachable in the site, including advertising them on
   behalf of other gateways at the same site.  This allows segment
   routing to be used to identify multiple paths across the Internet or
   backbone network between different gateways.  The paths can be
   selected for load-balancing, resilience, and quality purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/