Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 00:46:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IP-TFS: Aggregation and Fragmentation Mode for ESP and its Use for IP Traffic Flow Security
        Author          : Christian Hopps
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs-09.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-07-05

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for aggregation and fragmentation
   of IP packets when they are being encapsulated in ESP payload.  This
   new payload type can be used for various purposes such as decreasing
   encapsulation overhead for small IP packets; however, the focus in
   this document is to enhance IPsec traffic flow security (IP-TFS) by
   adding Traffic Flow Confidentiality (TFC) to encrypted IP
   encapsulated traffic.  TFC is provided by obscuring the size and
   frequency of IP traffic using a fixed-sized, constant-send-rate IPsec
   tunnel.  The solution allows for congestion control as well as non-
   constant send-rate usage.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/