Subject: I-D Action: draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 10:50:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Formal SignWriting
        Author          : Steve Slevinski
	Filename        : draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting-08.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2021-07-31

Abstract:
   Sutton SignWriting is the universal and complete solution for written
   sign language, ISO 15924 script code "Sgnw".  It has been applied by
   a wide and deep international community of sign language users.
   Sutton SignWriting is an international standard for writing sign
   languages by hand or with computers.  From education to research,
   from entertainment to religion, SignWriting has proven useful because
   people are using it to write signed languages.

   Formal SignWriting is one particular computerized design for Sutton
   SignWriting that envisions a sign as a two part word.  Each word is
   written as a string of characters that can be recognized and
   processed by regular expressions.  The design has been optimized for
   display, searching, sorting, text flow, and other character
   processing.

   Where as American Sign Language is a natural language, Formal
   SignWriting is a formal language.  A formal language uses words and
   punctuation to form text.  Each word is expressed as a string of
   characters.  Well-formed words are governed by the structural rules
   of the grammar.  A formal language is useful in mathematics, computer
   science, and linguistics.

   This memo defines a conceptual character encoding map for the
   Internet community.  It is published for reference, examination,
   implementation, and evaluation.  Distribution of this memo is
   unlimited.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting-08.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/