Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:22:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The CONNECT-IP HTTP method for proxying IP traffic
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Marcus Ihlar
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   This draft specifies a new HTTP method CONNECT-IP to proxy IP
   traffic.  CONNECT-IP uses HTTP/3 Datagrams to use QUIC Datagrams for
   efficient transport of proxied IP packets, with the possibility to
   fallback to HTTP/3 over reliable QUIC streams, or even HTTP 1.x and
   2.

   CONNECT-IP supports two modes: a tunneling mode where IP packets are
   forwarded without modifications and flow forwarding mode which
   supports optimization for individual IP flows forwarded to the
   targeted peer.  To request tunneling or flow forwarding, a client
   connects to a proxy server by initiating a HTTP/3 connection and
   sends a CONNECT-IP request which either indicates the address of the
   proxy or the target peer.  The proxy then forwards payload received
   on that stream or in an HTTP datagram with a certain stream ID.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-masque-connect-ip-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/