Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:55:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PASSporT Extension for Rich Call Data
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-12.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   This document extends PASSporT, a token for conveying
   cryptographically-signed call information about personal
   communications, to include rich meta-data about a call and caller
   that can be signed and integrity protected, transmitted, and
   subsequently rendered to the intended called party.  This framework
   is intended to include and extend caller and call specific
   information beyond human-readable display name comparable to the
   "Caller ID" function common on the telephone network.  The JSON
   element defined for this purpose, Rich Call Data (RCD), is an
   extensible object defined to either be used as part of STIR or with
   SIP Call-Info to include related information about calls that helps
   people decide whether to pick up the phone.  This signing of the RCD
   information is also enhanced with a integrity mechanism that is
   designed to protect the authoring and transport of this information
   between authoritative and non-authoritative parties generating and
   signing the Rich Call Data for support of different usage and content
   policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/