Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 18:03:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : One-way Delay Measurement Based on Reference Delay
        Authors         : Yang Li
                          Tao Sun
                          Hongwei Yang
                          Danyang Chen
                          Yali Wang
	Filename        : draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-07-25

Abstract:
   The end-to-end network one-way delay is an important performance
   metric in the 5G network.  For realizing the accurate one-way delay
   measurement, existing methods requires the end-to-end deployment of
   accurate clock synchronization mechanism, such as PTP or GPS, which
   results in relatively high deployment cost.  Another method can
   derive the one-way delay from the round-trip delay.  In this case,
   since the delay of the downlink and uplink of the 5G network may be
   asymmetric, the measurement accuracy is relatively low.  Hence, this
   document introduces a method to measure the end-to-end network one-
   way delay based on a reference delay guaranteed by deterministic
   networking without clock synchronization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-ippm-ref-delay-measurement-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/