Subject: I-D Action: draft-ip-address-privacy-considerations-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 09:13:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IP Address Privacy Considerations
        Authors         : Matthew Finkel
                          Luigi Iannone
	Filename        : draft-ip-address-privacy-considerations-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-07-26

Abstract:
   This document provides an overview of privacy considerations related
   to user IP addresses.  It includes an analysis of some current use
   cases for tracking of user IP addresses, mainly in the context of
   anti-abuse.  It discusses the privacy issues associated with such
   tracking and provides input on mechanisms to improve the privacy of
   this existing model.  It then captures requirements for proposed
   'replacement signals' for IP addresses from this analysis.  In
   addition, existing and under-development techniques are evaluated for
   fulfilling these requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ip-address-privacy-considerations/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ip-address-privacy-considerations-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ip-address-privacy-considerations-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/