Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-sfc-parallel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 21:42:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service Function Chaining (SFC) Parallelism and Diversions
        Author          : Donald E. Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-sfc-parallel-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2021-07-29

Abstract:
   Service Function Chaining (SFC) is the processing of packets through
   a sequence of Service Functions (SFs) within an SFC domain by the
   addition of path information and metadata on entry to that domain,
   the use and modification of that path information and metadata to
   step the packet through a sequence of SFs, and the removal of that
   path information and metadata on exit from that domain. The IETF has
   standardized a method for SFC using the Network Service Header
   specified in RFC 8300.

   There are requirements for SFC to process packets through parallel
   sequences of service functions and to easily splice in additional
   service functions or splice service functions out of a service chain.
   This document provides use cases for these requirements and
   extensions to SFC to support them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-sfc-parallel/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eastlake-sfc-parallel-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eastlake-sfc-parallel-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/