Subject: I-D Action: draft-ounsworth-pq-explicit-composite-keys-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 14:21:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Explicit Pairwise Composite Keys For Use In Internet PKI
        Authors         : Mike Ounsworth
                          Serge Mister
	Filename        : draft-ounsworth-pq-explicit-composite-keys-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   With the widespread adoption of post-quantum cryptography will come
   the need for an entity to possess multiple public keys on different
   cryptographic algorithms.  Since the trustworthiness of individual
   post-quantum algorithms is at question, a multi-key cryptographic
   operation will need to be performed in such a way that breaking it
   requires breaking each of the component algorithms individually.
   This requires defining new structures for holding composite public
   keys and composite signature data.  This draft defines a structure
   generic enough to be useful beyond the post-quantum transition for
   any situation where a widely-supported but untrusted algorithm is
   being migrated to newer cryptography.

   This document defines structures for binding an explicit pair of
   cryptographic algorithms together into a single object identifier,
   and it provides ASN.1 structures for encoding these pairwise
   composite public keys, private keys in wire protocols, as well as
   using them in conjunction with composite signatures, encryption and
   key transport mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ounsworth-pq-explicit-composite-keys/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ounsworth-pq-explicit-composite-keys-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/