Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 12:07:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Flow Specification Version 2
        Author          : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   BGP flow specification version 1 (RFC8955, RFC8956) describes the
   distribution of traffic filter policy (traffic filters and actions)
   which are distributed via BGP to BGP peers.  Multiple applications
   utilize the BGP distributed traffic filter policy.  These
   applications include: (1) mitigation of Denial of Service (DoS), (2)
   enabling of traffic filtering in BGP/MPLS VPNS, (3)centralized
   traffic control for networks utilizing either SDN control of router
   firewall functions.  During the deployment of BGP flow specification
   v1, the following issues were detected: 1) problems due to the lack
   of clear TLV encoding for rules for flow specifications, 2) desire to
   order filters rules, and 3) ordering of actions to provide
   deterministic actions.  Version 2 of the BGP flow specification
   protocol addresses these features.

   BGP Flow Specification v2 is encapsulated in a different NLRI which
   encapsulates previous flow specification informatino.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/