Subject: I-D Action: draft-murillo-avtcore-multi-codec-payload-format-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 00:55:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multi Codec RTP payload format
        Authors         : Sergio Garcia Murillo
                          Youenn Fablet
                          Alex Gouaillard
                          Justin Uberti
	Filename        : draft-murillo-avtcore-multi-codec-payload-format-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-07-11

Abstract:
   RTP Media Chains usually rely on piping encoder output directly to
   packetizers.  Media packetization formats often support a specific
   codec format and optimize RTP packets generation accordingly.  With
   the development of Selective Forward Unit (SFU) solutions, RTP Media
   Chains used in WebRTC solutions are increasingly relying on
   application-specific transforms that sit between encoder and
   packetizer on one end and between depacketizer and decoder on the
   other end.  These transforms are typically encrypting media content
   so that the media content is not readable from the SFU, for instance
   using [SFrame] or [WebRTCInsertableStreams].  In that context, RTP
   packetizers can no longer expect to use packetization formats that
   mandate media content to be in a specific codec format.  This
   document provides a solution to that problem by describing a RTP
   packetization format that can be used for many media content, and how
   to negotiate use of this format.  This document also describes a
   solution to allow SFUs to continue performing packet routing on top
   of this RTP packetization format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murillo-avtcore-multi-codec-payload-format/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-murillo-avtcore-multi-codec-payload-format-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/