Subject: I-D Action: draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-encryption-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 14:29:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Composite Encryption For Use In Internet PKI
        Authors         : Mike Ounsworth
                          John Gray
                          Serge Mister
	Filename        : draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-encryption-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   With the widespread adoption of post-quantum cryptography will come
   the need for an entity to possess multiple public keys on different
   cryptographic algorithms.  Since the trustworthiness of individual
   post-quantum algorithms is at question, a multi-key cryptographic
   operation will need to be performed in such a way that breaking it
   requires breaking each of the component algorithms individually.
   This requires defining new structures for holding composite
   encryption data.

   This document defines a content encryption process following the
   hybrid model as described in the NIST Post-Quantum Crypto FAQ.  This
   draft defines three composite encryption modes.  First, Composite Key
   Transport using Encryption primitives which encrypts a message
   (typically a content encryption key) for a recipient with a composite
   public key composed entirely of encryption keys by encrypting it with
   multiple one-time-pad keys, each encrypted under a different
   recipient public key.  Second, Composite Key Transport using
   Encryption and KEM primitives is the generalization of the previous
   mode to support a mixture of encryption and KEM algorithms.  Third,
   Composite Key Exchange is the most general and supports establishing
   a shared secret using any combination of encryption, KEM, and key
   exchange primitives where a master shared secret is generated using
   NIST SP 800-56Cr2.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-encryption/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-encryption-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/