Subject: I-D Action: draft-km-virt-orchestra-research-challenges-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:40:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Virtual Orchestra Usecase and Research Challenges
        Authors         : Kiran Makhijani
                          Lijun Dong
	Filename        : draft-km-virt-orchestra-research-challenges-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   This document describes open research challenges for emerging media-
   oriented ensemble applications.  One such driving scenario is the
   network delivery of virtual orchestra that imposes multi-disciplinary
   challenges.  Specifically, of interest are the group communication
   patterns in the production, delivery and consumption as different
   dimensions relating to the communication networks.
   This document brings forth current research and engineering
   challenges in immersive media ensembles.  The network domain problems
   come down to the specification of coordination of the received
   content with dependency constraints.  The challenges depict both real
   and quasi- realtime behavior.  A number of endpoint actors get
   involved in delivering the ensemble aspect, the research challenges
   also describe the expectations from the end points.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-km-virt-orchestra-research-challenges/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-km-virt-orchestra-research-challenges-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/