Subject: I-D Action: draft-kompella-mpls-mspl4fa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:26:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multi-purpose Special Purpose Label for Forwarding Actions
        Authors         : Kireeti Kompella
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
                          Tarek Saad
                          Israel Meilik
	Filename        : draft-kompella-mpls-mspl4fa-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   A Slice Selector is packet metadata that dictates the packet's
   forwarding handling in order to conform to its slice requirements.
   There are multiple proposals for carrying slice selectors in MPLS
   networks.  One of the more practical proposals is the "Global
   Identifier for Slice Selector" (GISS).  Global uniqueness requires
   the GISS label be identified as such, via a special purpose label
   (ideally a base special purpose label (bSPL)).  However, bSPLs are a
   precious commodity, and there are many requests for them.  This
   document serves two purposes: to define a bSPL for carrying a GISS,
   and to show how this bSPL can consolidate many current requests for
   special purpose labels while carrying associated data compactly and
   efficiently.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kompella-mpls-mspl4fa/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kompella-mpls-mspl4fa-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kompella-mpls-mspl4fa-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/