Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-nqb-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:28:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Non-Queue-Building Per-Hop Behavior (NQB PHB) for Differentiated Services
        Authors         : Greg White
                          Thomas Fossati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-nqb-07.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-07-28

Abstract:
   This document specifies properties and characteristics of a Non-
   Queue-Building Per-Hop Behavior (NQB PHB).  The purpose of this NQB
   PHB is to provide a separate queue that enables smooth, low-data-
   rate, application-limited traffic flows, which would ordinarily share
   a queue with bursty and capacity-seeking traffic, to avoid the
   latency, latency variation and loss caused by such traffic.  This PHB
   is implemented without prioritization and without rate policing,
   making it suitable for environments where the use of either these
   features may be restricted.  The NQB PHB has been developed primarily
   for use by access network segments, where queuing delays and queuing
   loss caused by Queue-Building protocols are manifested, but its use
   is not limited to such segments.  In particular, applications to
   cable broadband links, Wi-Fi links, and mobile network radio and core
   segments are discussed.  This document recommends a specific
   Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) to identify Non-Queue-
   Building flows.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-nqb/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tsvwg-nqb-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-nqb-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/