Subject: I-D Action: draft-jia-intarea-internet-addressing-gap-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 06:02:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Gap Analysis in Internet Addressing
        Authors         : Yihao Jia
                          Dirk Trossen
                          Luigi Iannone
                          Nirmala Shenoy
                          Paulo Mendes
	Filename        : draft-jia-intarea-internet-addressing-gap-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   There exist many extensions to Internet addressing, as it is defined
   in [RFC0791] for IPv4 and [RFC8200] for IPv6, respectively.  Those
   extensions have been developed to fill gaps in capabilities beyond
   the basic properties of Internet addressing.  This document outlines
   those properties as a baseline against which the extensions are
   categorized in terms of methodology used to fill the gap together
   with examples of solutions doing so.

   While introducing such extensions, we outline the issues we see with
   those extensions.  This ultimately leads to consider whether or not a
   more consistent approach to tackling the identified gaps, beyond
   point-wise extensions as done so far, would be beneficial.  The
   benefits are the ones detailed in the companion document
   [I-D.jia-intarea-scenarios-problems-addressing], where, leveraging on
   the gaps identified in this memo and scenarios provided in
   [I-D.jia-intarea-scenarios-problems-addressing], a clear problem
   statement is provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jia-intarea-internet-addressing-gap-analysis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jia-intarea-internet-addressing-gap-analysis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/