Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 14:06:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Glue In DNS Referral Responses Is Not Optional
        Authors         : M. Andrews
                          Shumon Huque
                          Paul Wouters
                          Duane Wessels
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-07-26

Abstract:
   The DNS uses glue records to allow iterative clients to find the
   addresses of nameservers that are contained within a delegated zone.
   Authoritative Servers are expected to return all available glue
   records in referrals.  If message size constraints prevent the
   inclusion of all glue records in a UDP response, the server MUST set
   the TC flag to inform the client that the response is incomplete, and
   that the client SHOULD use TCP to retrieve the full response.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/