Subject: I-D Action: draft-moran-iot-nets-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:59:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A summary of security-enabling technologies for IoT devices
        Author          : Brendan Moran
	Filename        : draft-moran-iot-nets-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   The IETF regularly develops new technologies.  Sometimes there are
   several standards that can be combined to become vastly more than the
   sum of their parts.  Right now, there are six technologies either
   recently adopted or poised for adoption that create such a cluster.
   Combining secure onboarding, remote attestation, secure update,
   software bill-of-materials/expected attestation, automated network
   policy enforcement, and trusted execution environment provisioning,
   devices can be defended from many threats.  This is an opportunity
   for an inflection point for more secure and trustworthy devices.
   Simultaneous adoption of two or more of these six standards could
   create the foundation of computing devices that are worth trusting.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moran-iot-nets/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moran-iot-nets-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/