Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-iab-path-signals-collaboration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 02:41:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Considerations on Application - Network Collaboration Using Path Signals
        Authors         : Jari Arkko
                          Ted Hardie
                          Tommy Pauly
	Filename        : draft-arkko-iab-path-signals-collaboration-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   Encryption and other security mechanisms are on the rise on all
   layers of the stack, protecting user data and making network
   operations more secured.  Further, encryption is also a tool to
   address ossification that has been observed on various layers of the
   stack over time.  Separation of functions into layers and enforcement
   of layer boundaries based on encryption supports selected exposure to
   those entities that are addressed by a function on a certain layer.
   A clear separation supports innovation and also enables new
   opportunities for collaborative functions.  RFC 8558 describes path
   signals as messages to or from on-path elements.  This document
   states principles for designing mechanisms that use or provide path
   signals and calls for actions on specific valuable cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-iab-path-signals-collaboration/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-arkko-iab-path-signals-collaboration-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/