Subject: I-D Action: draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:10:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Resource Orchestration for Multi-Domain, Exascale, Geo-Distributed Data Analytics
        Authors         : Qiao Xiang
                          Jensen Zhang
                          Franck Le
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Harvey Newman
	Filename        : draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics-06.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   As the data volume increases exponentially over time, data analytics
   is transiting from a single-domain network to a multi-domain, geo-
   distributed network, where different member networks contribute
   various resources, e.g., computation, storage and networking
   resources, to collaboratively collect, share and analyze extremely
   large amounts of data.  Such a network calls for a resource
   orchestration framework that emphasizes the performance
   predictability of data analytics jobs, the high utilization of
   resources, and the autonomy and privacy of member networks.

   This document presents the design of Unicorn, a unified resource
   orchestration framework for multi-domain, geo-distributed data
   analytics, which uses the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) protocol as the key component for (1) allows member networks
   to provide accurate information on different types of resources; (2)
   keeps the private information of member networks; and (3) allows data
   analytics jobs to accurately describe their requirements of different
   types of resources.  As a part of Unicorn, an ALTO extension for
   privacy-preserving interdomain information aggregation is also
   presented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/