Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 05:24:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Carrying Virtual Transport Network Identifier in IPv6 Extension Header
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Chenhao Ma
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual network which has a
   customized network topology and a set of dedicated or shared network
   resources allocated from the physical network.  A VTN can be used as
   the underlay for one or a group of overlay VPNs to provide enhanced
   VPN (VPN+) services.  In packet forwarding, some fields in the data
   packet needs to be used to identify the VTN the packet belongs to, so
   that the VTN-specific processing can be performed on each node the
   packet traverses.

   This document proposes a new Hop-by-Hop option of IPv6 extension
   header to carry the VTN ID, which can be used to identify the Virtual
   Transport Network (VTN) the packet belongs to.  The procedure for
   processing the VTN option is also specified.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/