Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 20:17:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IGP Extensions for Scalable Segment Routing based Enhanced VPN
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhibo Hu
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Xiongyan Tang
                          Ran Pang
                          Lee JooHeon
                          Stewart Bryant
	Filename        : draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn-06.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-07-11

Abstract:
   Enhanced VPN (VPN+) aims to provide enhanced VPN services to support
   some application's needs of enhanced isolation and stringent
   performance requirements.  VPN+ requires integration between the
   overlay VPN connectivity and the characteristics provided by the
   underlay network.  A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual
   underlay network which has a customized network topology and a set of
   network resources allocated from the physical network.  A VTN could
   be used to support one or a group of VPN+ services.

   This document specifies the IGP mechanisms with necessary extensions
   to advertise the associated topology and resource attributes for
   scalable Segment Routing (SR) based VTNs.  Each VTN can have a
   customized topology and a set of network resources allocated from the
   physical network.  Multiple VTNs may shared the same topology, and
   multiple VTNs may share the same set of network resources on some
   network segments.  A group of resource-aware SIDs are allocated for
   each VTN.  This allows flexible combination of the network topology
   and network resource attributes to build a relatively large number of
   VTNs with a small number of logical topologies.  The proposed
   mechanism is applicable to both Segment Routing with MPLS data plane
   (SR-MPLS) and segment routing with IPv6 data plane (SRv6).  This
   document also describes the mechanisms of using dedicated VTN-ID in
   the data plane instead of the per-VTN resource-aware SIDs to further
   reduce the control plane overhead.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/