Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 10:41:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delivered-To Email Header Field
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-08-13

Abstract:
   The address to which email is delivered might be different than any
   of the addresses shown in any of the content header fields that were
   created by the email's author.  For example, the address used by the
   email transport service is provided separately, through an envelope
   SMTP "RCPT TO" command.  Before final delivery, handling can entail a
   sequence of submission/delivery events, using different destination
   addresses that lead to the recipient.  Also, the delivery process can
   produce local address transformations.

   It can be helpful for a message to have a common way to record each
   delivery in such a sequence, and to include each address used for
   that recipient, such as for analyzing the path a message has taken,
   for loop detection, or for formulating the author's address in a
   reply message.  This document defines a header field for this
   information.

   Email handling information discloses details about the email
   infrastructure, as well as about a particular recipient; this can
   raise possible privacy concerns.  A header field such as this is not
   automatically assured of widespread use.  Therefore this is being
   published as an Experiment, looking for constituency and for
   operational utility.  The document is produced through the
   Independent RFC stream and was not subject to the IETF's approval
   process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/