Subject: I-D Action: draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 17:40:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Information Elements Extension for Forwarding Exceptions
        Authors         : Venkata Naga Chaitanya Munukutla
                          Shivam Vaid
                          Aditya Mahale
                          Devang Patel
	Filename        : draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-08-08

Abstract:
   This draft proposes couple of new Forwarding exceptions related
   Information Elements (IEs) and Templates for the IP Flow Information
   Export (IPFIX) protocol.  These new Information Elements and
   Exception Template can be used to export information about any
   forwarding errors in a network.  This essential information is
   adequate to correlate packet drops to any control plane entity and
   map it to an impacted service.  Once exceptions are correlated to a
   particular entity, an action can be assigned to mitigate such
   problems essentially enabling self-driving networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/