Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 09:10:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Route Leak Prevention and Detection using Roles in UPDATE and OPEN Messages
        Authors         : Alexander Azimov
                          Eugene Bogomazov
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-16.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-08-10

Abstract:
   Route leaks are the propagation of BGP prefixes that violate
   assumptions of BGP topology relationships, e.g., passing a route
   learned from one lateral peer to another lateral peer or a transit
   provider and passing a route learned from one transit provider to
   another transit provider or a lateral peer.  Existing approaches to
   leak prevention rely on marking routes by operator configuration,
   with no check that the configuration corresponds to that of the eBGP
   neighbor, or enforcement that the two eBGP speakers agree on the
   relationship.  This document enhances the BGP OPEN message to
   establish an agreement of the relationship on each eBGP session
   between autonomous systems in order to enforce appropriate
   configuration on both sides.  Propagated routes are then marked
   according to the agreed relationship, allowing both prevention and
   detection of route leaks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/