Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 05:55:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DCCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
        Authors         : Markus Amend
                          Dirk von Hugo
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Andreas Kassler
                          Veselin Rakocevic
                          Stephen Johnson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2021-08-30

Abstract:
   DCCP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
   connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
   simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a DCCP session could
   improve resource usage within the network and, thus, improve user
   experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
   network failures.  Use cases for a Multipath DCCP (MP-DCCP) are
   mobile devices (handsets, vehicles) and residential home gateways
   simultaneously connected to distinct paths as, e.g., a cellular link
   and a WiFi link or to a mobile radio station and a fixed access
   network.  Compared to existing multipath protocols such as MPTCP, MP-
   DCCP provides specific support for non-TCP user traffic as UDP or
   plain IP.  More details on potential use cases are provided in
   [website], [slide] and [paper].  All this use cases profit from an
   Open Source Linux reference implementation provided under [website].

   This document presents a set of extensions to traditional DCCP to
   support multipath operation.  Multipath DCCP provides the ability to
   simultaneously use multiple paths between peers.  The protocol offers
   the same type of service to applications as DCCP and it provides the
   components necessary to establish and use multiple DCCP flows across
   potentially disjoint paths.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-multipath-dccp/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/