Subject: I-D Action: draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 19:13:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Color Operation with BGP Label Unicast
        Author          : Louis Chan
	Filename        : draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-08-26

Abstract:
   This document specifies how to carry colored path advertisement via an
enhancement    to the existing protocol BGP Label Unicast. It would allow backward compatibility
   with RFC8277.

   The targeted solution is to use stack of labels advertised via BGP Label
Unicast    2.0 for end to end traffic steering across multiple IGP domains. The operation
is    similar to Segment Routing.

   This proposed protocol will convey the necessary reachability information to
the    ingress PE node to construct an end to end path.

   Another two problems addressed here are the interworking with Flex-Algo, and
the    MPLS label space limit problem.

   Please note that there is a major change of protocol format starting from
version    01 draft. Except the optional BGP capability code, these rest of BGP attributes
   used in this draft are defined in previous RFC or in use today in other
scenario. 

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chan-idr-bgp-lu2-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/