Subject: I-D Action: draft-friel-tls-atls-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 07:12:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application-Layer TLS
        Authors         : Owen Friel
                          Richard Barnes
                          Max Pritikin
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Mark Baugher
	Filename        : draft-friel-tls-atls-05.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2021-08-22

Abstract:
   This document specifies how TLS and DTLS can be used at the
   application layer for the purpose of establishing secure end-to-end
   encrypted communication security.

   Encodings for carrying TLS and DTLS payloads are specified for HTTP
   and CoAP to improve interoperability.  While the use of TLS and DTLS
   is straight forward we present multiple deployment scenarios to
   illustrate the need for end-to-end application layer encryption and
   the benefits of reusing a widely deployed and readily available
   protocol.  Application software architectures for building, and
   network architectures for deploying application layer TLS are
   outlined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-friel-tls-atls/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-friel-tls-atls-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-friel-tls-atls-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/