Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 07:44:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Entity Property Maps
        Authors         : Wendy Roome
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
                          Kai Gao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-18.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2021-08-12

Abstract:
   This document extends the base Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) Protocol by generalizing the concept of "endpoint properties"
   to entities defined by a wide set of objects, instead of only IP
   addresses.  Further, these properties are presented as maps, similar
   to the network and cost maps in the base ALTO protocol.  The protocol
   is extended in two major directions.  First, from endpoints
   restricted to IP addresses to entities covering a wider and
   extensible set of objects; second, from properties on specific
   endpoints to entire entity property maps.  These extensions introduce
   additional features allowing entities and property values to be
   specific to a given information resource.  This is made possible by a
   generic and flexible design of entity and property types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-18

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/