Subject: I-D Action: draft-taylor-uuid-ncname-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 17:41:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Compact UUIDs for Constrained Grammars
        Author          : Dorian Taylor
	Filename        : draft-taylor-uuid-ncname-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-08-20

Abstract:
   The Universally Unique Identifier is a suitable standard for, as the
   name suggests, uniquely identifying entities in a symbol space large
   enough that the identifiers do not collide.  Many formal grammars,
   however, are too restrictive to permit the use of UUIDs in their
   canonical representation (described in RFC 4122 and elsewhere),
   despite it being useful to do so.  This document specifies an
   alternative compact representation for UUIDs that preserves some
   properties of the canonical form, with three encoding varietals, to
   fit these more restrictive contexts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-taylor-uuid-ncname/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-taylor-uuid-ncname-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-taylor-uuid-ncname-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/