Subject: I-D Action: draft-nvo3-mtu-propagation-over-evpn-overlays-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 00:21:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MTU propagation over EVPN Overlays
        Authors         : Saumya Dikshit
                          Vinayak Joshi
                          A. Sujeet Nayak
	Filename        : draft-nvo3-mtu-propagation-over-evpn-overlays-01.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2021-08-03

Abstract:
   Path MTU Discovery between end-host-devices/Virtual-Machines/servers/
   workloads connected over an EVPN-Overlay Network in an
   Datacenter/Campus/enterprise deployment, is a problem, yet to be
   resolved in the standards forums.  It needs a converged solution to
   ensure optimal usage of network and computational resources of the
   underlay routers/switches forming the basis of the overlay network.
   This documents takes leads from the guidelines presented in
   [RFC4459].

   The overlay connectivity can pan across various sites (geographically
   seperated or collocated) for realizing a Datacenter Interconnect or
   intersite VPNs between campus sites (buildings, branch offices etc).

   This literature intends to solve problem of icmp error propagation
   from an underlay routing/switching device to an end-host (hooked to
   EVPN overlay), thus facilitating "accurate MTU" learnings.

   This document also leverages the icmp multipart message extension,
   mentioned in [RFC4884] to carry the original packet in the icmp PDU.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nvo3-mtu-propagation-over-evpn-overlays/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nvo3-mtu-propagation-over-evpn-overlays-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nvo3-mtu-propagation-over-evpn-overlays-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/