Subject: I-D Action: draft-harwood-krb-pkinit-dh-upsize-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 11:19:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deprecate Use of 1024-bit Diffie-Hellman Moduli in Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos
        Author          : Robbie Harwood
	Filename        : draft-harwood-krb-pkinit-dh-upsize-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2021-08-06

Abstract:
   Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos
   (PKINIT) permits a client and a Kerberos Domain Controller (KDC) to
   use a Diffie-Hellman (DH) exchange to derive an encryption key.  The
   group with minimum modulus size permitted for this exchange is 1024
   bits, which recent security research has shown to provide
   insufficient protection against organizations with sufficient
   computing resources, such as state-sponsored actors.  This document
   updates RFC 4556 to increase the minimum group size to 2048 bits and
   define permitted groups of size larger than 4096-bits.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harwood-krb-pkinit-dh-upsize/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-harwood-krb-pkinit-dh-upsize-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-harwood-krb-pkinit-dh-upsize-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/