Subject: I-D Action: draft-stein-srtsn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 03:13:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routed Time Sensitive Networking
        Author          : Yaakov (J) Stein
	Filename        : draft-stein-srtsn-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-08-29

Abstract:
   Routers perform two distinct user-plane functionalities, namely
   forwarding (where the packet should be sent) and scheduling (when the
   packet should be sent).  One forwarding paradigm is segment routing,
   in which forwarding instructions are encoded in the packet in a stack
   data structure, rather than programmed into the routers.  Time
   Sensitive Networking and Deterministic Networking provide several
   mechanisms for scheduling under the assumption that routers are time
   synchronized.  The most effective mechanisms for delay minimization
   involve per-flow resource allocation.

   SRTSN is a unified approach to forwarding and scheduling that uses a
   single stack data structure.  Each stack entry consists of a
   forwarding portion (e.g., IP addresses or suffixes) and a scheduling
   portion (deadline by which the packet must exit the router).  SRTSN
   thus fully implements network programming for time sensitive flows,
   by prescribing to each router both to-where and by-when each packet
   should be sent.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stein-srtsn/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-stein-srtsn-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-stein-srtsn-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/