Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-bier-egress-protect-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 14:11:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BIER Egress Protection
        Authors         : Huaimo Chen
                          Mike McBride
                          Aijun Wang
                          Gyan S. Mishra
                          Yisong Liu
                          Boris Khasanov
                          Yanhe Fan
                          Lei Liu
                          Xufeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-chen-bier-egress-protect-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2021-08-26

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for fast protection against the
   failure of an egress node of a "Bit Index Explicit Replication"
   (BIER) domain.  It does not have any per-flow state in the core of
   the domain.  For a multicast packet to an egress node of the domain,
   when the egress node fails, its upstream hop as a PLR sends the
   packet to the egress' backup node once the PLR detects the failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-bier-egress-protect/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-bier-egress-protect-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-bier-egress-protect-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/