Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 15:12:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Use of Maxlength in the RPKI
        Authors         : Yossi Gilad
                          Sharon Goldberg
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Job Snijders
                          Ben Maddison
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-07.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-08-24

Abstract:
   This document recommends ways to reduce forged-origin hijack attack
   surface by prudently limiting the set of IP prefixes that are
   included in a Route Origin Authorization (ROA).  One recommendation
   is to avoid using the maxLength attribute in ROAs except in some
   specific cases.  The recommendations complement and extend those in
   RFC 7115.  The document also discusses creation of ROAs for
   facilitating the use of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
   mitigation services.  Considerations related to ROAs and origin
   validation in the context of destination-based Remote Triggered Black
   Hole (RTBH) filtering are also highlighted.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/