Subject: I-D Action: draft-chan-srv6-sub-slice-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 23:25:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Sub-slicing for SRv6
        Author          : Louis Chan
	Filename        : draft-chan-srv6-sub-slice-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2021-08-08

Abstract:
   This document describes how to achieve further slicing or traffic engineering
   interoperability between vendors without the use of SRH.

   Slicing or traffic engineering information is encapsulated as part of the SRv6 SID.
   Use of IP longest prefix match approach to identify the further slicing via sub-
   slice identifier.

   The traffic engineering from one end to another end is seen as segment by segment
   approach. This approach could solve the scalability of traffic engineering tunnels
   required in a huge network, which order of N^2 has be considered.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chan-srv6-sub-slice/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chan-srv6-sub-slice-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/