Subject: I-D Action: draft-lear-eap-teap-brski-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 22:56:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TEAP Update and Extensions for Bootstrapping
        Authors         : Eliot Lear
                          Owen Friel
                          Nancy Cam-Winget
                          Dan Harkins
	Filename        : draft-lear-eap-teap-brski-06.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2021-08-24

Abstract:
   In certain environments, in order for a device to establish any layer
   three communications, it is necessary for that device to be properly
   credentialed.  This is a relatively easy problem to solve when a
   device is associated with a human being and has both input and
   display functions.  It is less easy when the human, input, and
   display functions are not present.  To address this case, this memo
   specifies extensions to the Tunnel Extensible Authentication Protocol
   (TEAP) method that leverages Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key
   Infrastructures (BRSKI) in order to provide a credential to a device
   at layer two.  The basis of this work is that a manufacturer will
   introduce the device and the local deployment through cryptographic
   means.  In this sense the same trust model as BRSKI is used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lear-eap-teap-brski/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lear-eap-teap-brski-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lear-eap-teap-brski-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/