Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 02:31:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol
        Authors         : Randall R. Stewart
                          Michael Tüxen
                          Karen E. E. Nielsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-15.txt
	Pages           : 159
	Date            : 2021-09-15

Abstract:
   This document obsoletes RFC 4960, if approved.  It describes the
   Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and incorporates the
   specification of the chunk flags registry from RFC 6096 and the
   specification of the I bit of DATA chunks from RFC 7053.  Therefore,
   RFC 6096 and RFC 7053 are also obsoleted by this document, if
   approved.

   SCTP was originally designed to transport Public Switched Telephone
   Network (PSTN) signaling messages over IP networks.  It is also
   suited to be used for other applications, for example WebRTC.

   SCTP is a reliable transport protocol operating on top of a
   connectionless packet network such as IP.  It offers the following
   services to its users:

   *  acknowledged error-free non-duplicated transfer of user data,

   *  data fragmentation to conform to discovered path maximum
      transmission unit (PMTU) size,

   *  sequenced delivery of user messages within multiple streams, with
      an option for order-of-arrival delivery of individual user
      messages,

   *  optional bundling of multiple user messages into a single SCTP
      packet, and

   *  network-level fault tolerance through supporting of multi-homing
      at either or both ends of an association.

   The design of SCTP includes appropriate congestion avoidance behavior
   and resistance to flooding and masquerade attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-15.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/