Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-spring-segment-twod-ip-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 07:25:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing in Two Dimensional IP Routing
        Authors         : Mingwei Xu
                          Bo Wang
                          Tingfeng Wang
                          Jianping
	Filename        : draft-xu-spring-segment-twod-ip-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2021-09-29

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) allows a headend node to steer traffic into a
   Segment Routing Policy (SR Policy), which represents the routing path
   by matching the destination address and the corresponding Binding
   Segment Identifier (BSID).  However, determining the target SR Policy
   only based on destination aspect is incapable for demands for higher
   dimensional routing.  Two Dimensional IP (TwoD-IP) routing is an
   Internet routing architecture that makes forwarding decisions based
   on source and destination addresses.  TwoD-IP routing can easily
   express a routing policy between host to host, or network to network,
   and have much lower storage and calculation consumption compared to
   the higher dimensional routing.

   In this document, we extend SR to support TwoD-IP routing, illustrate
   some typical scenarios of SR with TwoD-IP routing to express the
   advantage of extending SR to support TwoD-IP routing, and describe
   the mechanism of how TwoD IP routing protocol cooperates with SR.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-spring-segment-twod-ip-routing/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xu-spring-segment-twod-ip-routing-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/