Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 20:08:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Carrying Virtual Transport Network Identifier in IPv6 Extension Header
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Chenhao Ma
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-09-08

Abstract:
   A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual network which has a
   customized network topology and a set of dedicated or shared network
   resources allocated from the physical network.  A VTN can be used as
   the underlay for one or a group of overlay VPNs to provide enhanced
   VPN (VPN+) services.  In packet forwarding, some fields in the data
   packet needs to be used to identify the VTN the packet belongs to, so
   that the VTN-specific processing can be performed on each node the
   packet traverses.

   This document proposes a new Hop-by-Hop option of IPv6 extension
   header to carry the VTN Resource ID, which is used to identify the
   set of network resources allocated to a VTN for packet processing.
   The procedure for processing the VTN option is also specified.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/