Subject: I-D Action: draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 08:56:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Automatic Commissioning of New Signers: Solving the DNSSEC Bootstrapping Problem using Authenticated Signals from the Zone's Operator
        Authors         : Peter Thomassen
                          Nils Wisiol
	Filename        : draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-09-23

Abstract:
   This document describes an authenticated in-band method for automatic
   signaling of a Child DNS zone's delegation signer information from
   the zone's DNS operator(s).  The zone's registrar or registry may
   subsequently use this signal for automatic DS record provisioning in
   the parent zone.  The protocol is particularly useful in case of
   managed DNS providers hosting registrant's domains, where DS
   provisioning has so far been cumbersome.

   The signaling channel is not specific to the DS bootstrapping use
   case, but equally suitable for announcing other zone-specific
   information from the DNS Operator in an authenticated fashion.
   Further potential applications thus include, for example, key
   exchange between parties in an [RFC8901] multisigner setup.

   [ Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.  This document is
   being collaborated on at https://github.com/desec-io/draft-thomassen-
   dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping/ (https://github.com/desec-io/draft-
   thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping/).  The most recent version of
   the document, open issues, etc. should all be available there.  The
   authors gratefully accept pull requests. ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/