Subject: I-D Action: draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 01:21:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Operating a Glueless DNS Authority Server
        Author          : Brian Dickson
	Filename        : draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-09-16

Abstract:
   This Internet Draft proposes a Best Current Practice for protecting
   authority servers against MITM and poisoning attacks, using a domain
   naming strategy to not require glue A/AAAA records and use of DNSSEC.

   This BCP assumes the use of validating resolvers, which should
   already be a BCP itself.

   MITM and poisoning attacks should only be effective/possible against
   unsigned domains.

   However, until all domains are signed, this guidance is relevant, in
   that it can limit the attack surface of unsigned domains.

   This guidance should be combined with [I-D.dickson-dnsop-ds-hack]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/