Subject: I-D Action: draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 13:20:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Operating a Glueless DNS Authority Server
        Author          : Brian Dickson
	Filename        : draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-09-17

Abstract:
   This Internet Draft proposes a method for protecting authority
   servers against MITM and poisoning attacks, using a domain naming
   strategy to not require glue A/AAAA records and use of DNSSEC.

   This technique assumes the use of validating resolvers.

   MITM and poisoning attacks should only be effective/possible against
   unsigned domains.

   However, until all domains are signed, this guidance is relevant, in
   that it can limit the attack surface of unsigned domains.

   This guidance should be combined with [I-D.dickson-dnsop-ds-hack]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/