Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 08:25:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Hybrid Public Key Encryption
        Authors         : Richard L. Barnes
                          Karthik Bhargavan
                          Benjamin Lipp
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-12.txt
	Pages           : 105
	Date            : 2021-09-02

Abstract:
   This document describes a scheme for hybrid public-key encryption
   (HPKE).  This scheme provides a variant of public-key encryption of
   arbitrary-sized plaintexts for a recipient public key.  It also
   includes three authenticated variants, including one which
   authenticates possession of a pre-shared key, and two optional ones
   which authenticate possession of a KEM private key.  HPKE works for
   any combination of an asymmetric key encapsulation mechanism (KEM),
   key derivation function (KDF), and authenticated encryption with
   additional data (AEAD) encryption function.  Some authenticated
   variants may not be supported by all KEMs.  We provide instantiations
   of the scheme using widely used and efficient primitives, such as
   Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman key agreement, HKDF, and SHA2.

   This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG)
   in the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-12.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/