Subject: I-D Action: draft-saumvinayak-bess-all-df-bum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 05:16:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : EVPN Mac Dampening Back-off
        Authors         : Saumya Dikshit
                          Vinayak Joshi
	Filename        : draft-saumvinayak-bess-all-df-bum-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-09-03

Abstract:
   The Designated forwarder concept is leveraged to prevent looping of
   BUM traffic into tenant network sourced across NVO fabric for
   multihoming deployments.  [RFC7432] defines a prelimn approach to
   select the DF for an ES,VLAN or ES,Vlan Group panning across multiple
   NVE's.  [RFC8584] makes the election logic more robust and fine
   grained inculcating fair election of DF handling most of the
   prevalent use-cases.  This document presents a deployment problem and
   a corresponding solution which cannot be easily resolve by rules
   mentioned in [RFC7432] and [RFC8584].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saumvinayak-bess-all-df-bum/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-saumvinayak-bess-all-df-bum-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/