Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-yang-path-computation-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 10:13:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : YANG Data Model for requesting Path Computation
        Authors         : Italo Busi
                          Sergio Belotti
                          Victor Lopez
                          Anurag Sharma
                          Yan Shi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-yang-path-computation-16.txt
	Pages           : 97
	Date            : 2021-09-06

Abstract:
   There are scenarios, typically in a hierarchical Software-Defined
   Networking (SDN) context, where the topology information provided by
   a Traffic Engineering (TE) network provider may be insufficient for
   its client to perform end-to-end path computation. In these cases the
   client would need to request the provider to calculate some (partial)
   feasible paths.

   This document defines a YANG data model for a Remote Procedure Call
   (RPC) to request path computation. This model complements the
   solution, defined in RFC YYYY, to configure a TE tunnel path in
   "compute-only" mode.

   [RFC EDITOR NOTE: Please replace RFC YYYY with the RFC number of
   draft-ietf-teas-yang-te once it has been published.

   Moreover this document describes some use cases where a path
   computation request, via YANG-based protocols (e.g., NETCONF or
   RESTCONF), can be needed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-path-computation/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-yang-path-computation-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-yang-path-computation-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/