Subject: I-D Action: draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 18:50:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SDP Offer/Answer for RTP using QUIC as Transport - Design Questions
        Author          : Spencer Dawkins
	Filename        : draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-09-29

Abstract:
   This document is a companion document to "SDP Offer/Answer for RTP
   using QUIC as Transport".  That document focuses on the description
   and registration of SDP "proto" attribute parameters with IANA, to
   allow applications that rely on SDP Offer/Answer to negotiate the
   QUIC protocol as an encapsulation for RTP.

   In writing that document, it became obvious that decisions about an
   appropriate SDP description would depend on decisions about the way
   RTP would be encapsulated in QUIC, and different proposals for those
   encapsulations had made different assumptions.  Given that none of
   these proposals have been adopted by an IETF working group yet, it's
   not appropriate to try to base a general-purpose set of "QUIC/RTP"
   IANA registrations on any one of them, so this document includes the
   questions that have come up, and (as discussions progress) suggested
   answers for those questions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/