Subject: I-D Action: draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:41:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Separation of Data Path and Data Flow Sublayers in the Transport Layer
        Author          : Hirochika Asai
	Filename        : draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2021-09-15

Abstract:
   This document reviews the architectural design of the transport
   layer.  In particular, this document proposes to separate the
   transport layer into two sublayers; the data path and the data flow
   layers.  The data path layer provides functionality on the data path,
   such as connection handling, path quality and trajectory monitoring,
   waypoint management, and congestion control for the data path
   resource management.  The data flow layer provides additional
   functionality upon the data path layer, such as flow control for the
   receive buffer management, retransmission for reliable data delivery,
   and transport layer security.  The data path layer multiplexes
   multiple data flow layer protocols and provides data path information
   to the data flow layer to control data transmissions, such as
   prioritization and inverse multiplexing for multipath protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-asai-tsvwg-transport-review-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/