Subject: I-D Action: draft-santesson-svt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 07:48:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Signature Validation Token
        Authors         : Stefan Santesson
                          Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-santesson-svt-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-09-03

Abstract:
   Electronic signatures have a limited lifespan with respect to the
   time period that they can be validated and determined to be
   authentic.  The Signature Validation Token (SVT) defined in this
   specification provides evidence that asserts the validity of an
   electronic signature.  The SVT is provided by a trusted authority,
   which asserts that a particular signature was successfully validated
   according to defined procedures at a certain time.  Any future
   validation of that electronic signature can be satisfied by
   validating the SVT without any need to also validate the original
   electronic signature or the associated digital certificates.  SVT
   supports electronic signatures in CMS, XML, and PDF documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-santesson-svt/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-santesson-svt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-santesson-svt-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/