Subject: I-D Action: draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 01:29:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DS Algorithms for Securing NS and Glue
        Author          : Brian Dickson
	Filename        : draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2021-09-17

Abstract:
   This Internet Draft proposes a mechanism to encode relevant data for
   NS records on the parental side of a zone cut by encoding them in DS
   records based on a new DNSKEY algorithm.

   Since DS records are signed by the parent, this creates a method for
   validation of the otherwise unsigned delegation records.

   Notably, support for updating DS records in a parent zone is already
   present (by necessity) in the Registry-Registrar-Registrant (RRR)
   provisioning system, EPP.  Thus, no changes to the EPP protocol are
   needed, and no changes to registry database or publication systems
   upstream of the DNS zones published by top level domains (TLDs).

   This NS validation mechanism is beneficial if the name server _names_
   need to be validated prior to use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/