Subject: I-D Action: draft-fink-coin-sec-priv-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 08:18:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Enhancing Security and Privacy with In-Network Computing
        Authors         : Ina Berenice Fink
                          Klaus Wehrle
	Filename        : draft-fink-coin-sec-priv-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-10-22

Abstract:
   With the growing interconnection of devices, cyber security and data
   protection are of increasing importance.  This is especially the case
   regarding cyber-physical systems due to their close entanglement with
   the physical world.  Misbehavior and information leakage can lead to
   financial and physical damage and endanger human lives and well-
   being.  Thus, hard security and privacy requirements are necessary to
   be met.  Furthermore, a thorough investigation of incidents is
   essential for ultimate protection.  Computing in the Network (COIN)
   allows the processing of traffic and data directly in the network and
   at line-rate.  Thus, COIN presents a promising solution for
   efficiently providing security and privacy mechanisms as well as
   network monitoring.  This document discusses select mechanisms to
   demonstrate how COIN concepts can be applied to counter existing
   shortcomings of cyber security and data privacy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fink-coin-sec-priv/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fink-coin-sec-priv-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fink-coin-sec-priv-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/