Subject: I-D Action: draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 13:37:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : New UUID Formats
        Authors         : Brad G. Peabody
                          Kyzer R. Davis
	Filename        : draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-10-07

Abstract:
   This document presents new time-based UUID formats which are suited
   for use as a database key.

   A common case for modern applications is to create a unique
   identifier for use as a primary key in a database table.  This
   identifier usually implements an embedded timestamp that is sortable
   using the monotonic creation time in the most significant bits.  In
   addition the identifier is highly collision resistant, difficult to
   guess, and provides minimal security attack surfaces.  None of the
   existing UUID versions, including UUIDv1, fulfill each of these
   requirements in the most efficient possible way.  This document is a
   proposal to update [RFC4122] with three new UUID versions that
   address these concerns, each with different trade-offs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/