Subject: I-D Action: draft-mhkk-dmm-srv6mup-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:38:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing IPv6 Mobile User Plane Architecture for Distributed Mobility Management
        Authors         : Satoru Matsushima
                          Katsuhiro Horiba
                          Ashiq Khan
                          Yuya Kawakami
                          Tetsuya Murakami
                          Keyur Patel
                          Miya Kohno
                          Teppei Kamata
                          Pablo Camarillo
	Filename        : draft-mhkk-dmm-srv6mup-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document defines the Segment Routing IPv6 Mobile User Plane
   (SRv6 MUP) architecture for Distributed Mobility Management.  The
   requirements for Distributed Mobility Management described in
   [RFC7333] can be satisfied by routing fashion.

   Mobile services are deployed over several parts of IP networks.  A
   Segment Routing over IPv6 (SRv6) network can accommodate all, or part
   of those networks thanks to the large address space of IPv6 and the
   network programming capability described in [RFC8986].

   Segment Routing IPv6 Mobile User Plane Architecture can incorporate
   existing session based mobile networks.  By leveraging SRv6 network
   programmability, mobile user plane can be integrated into the SRv6
   data plane.  In that routing paradigm, session information between
   the entities of the mobile user plane is turned to routing
   information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mhkk-dmm-srv6mup-architecture/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mhkk-dmm-srv6mup-architecture-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/