Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-pce-pcep-vtn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 07:30:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Support for Virtual Transport Network (VTN) in the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Sheng Fang
                          Liuyan Han
                          Minxue Wang
	Filename        : draft-dong-pce-pcep-vtn-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-10-23

Abstract:
   With the introduction and evolvement of 5G and other network
   scenarios, some existing or new customers may require connectivity
   services with advanced characteristics comparing to traditional
   Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).  Such kind of network service is
   called enhanced VPNs (VPN+).  The typical application of VPN+ is to
   provide network slice services.

   A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual underlay network which
   consists of a set of dedicated or shared network resources allocated
   from the physical underlay network, and is associated with a
   customized logical network topology.  VPN+ services can be delivered
   by mapping one or a group of overlay VPNs to the appropriate VTNs as
   the virtual underlay.  Then traffic flows of the VPN+ service can be
   steered onto the TE paths within the VTN.

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
   functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS), Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) and Segment Routing (SR)
   networks.

   This document specifies the extensions to PCE communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to carry VTN information in the PCEP messages.  The extensions
   in this document can be used in the basic PCE computation, the
   stateful PCE and the PCE-initiated LSP mechanisms to indicate path
   computation, path status report and path initialization within a
   specific VTN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-pce-pcep-vtn/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-pce-pcep-vtn-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/