Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-sav-gap-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 06:03:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Source Address Validation: Use Cases and Gap Analysis
        Authors         : Dan Li
                          Jianping Wu
                          Mingqing Huang
                          Lancheng Qin
                          Nan Geng
	Filename        : draft-li-sav-gap-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-10-24

Abstract:
   This document identifies the importance and use cases of source
   address validation (SAV) at both intra-AS level and inter-AS level
   (see [RFC5210]).  However, existing intra-AS and inter-AS SAV
   mechanisms, either Ingress ACL filtering [RFC2827], unicast Reverse
   Path Forwarding (uRPF) [RFC3704], or Enhanced Feasible-Path uRPF
   (EFP-uRPF) [RFC8704] has limitations in scalability or accuracy.
   This document provides the gap analysis of the existing SAV
   mechanisms followed with some design considerations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-sav-gap-analysis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-sav-gap-analysis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/