Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 07:36:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PCEP Extension for Flow Specification
        Authors         : Dhruv Dhody
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-13.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2021-10-14

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a functional component capable
   of selecting paths through a traffic engineering network.  These
   paths may be supplied in response to requests for computation, or may
   be unsolicited requests issued by the PCE to network elements.  Both
   approaches use the PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) to convey the
   details of the computed path.

   Traffic flows may be categorized and described using "Flow
   Specifications".  RFC 8955 defines the Flow Specification and
   describes how Flow Specification Components are used to describe
   traffic flows.  RFC 8955 also defines how Flow Specifications may be
   distributed in BGP to allow specific traffic flows to be associated
   with routes.

   This document specifies a set of extensions to PCEP to support
   dissemination of Flow Specifications.  This allows a PCE to indicate
   what traffic should be placed on each path that it is aware of.

   The extensions defined in this document include the creation, update,
   and withdrawal of Flow Specifications via PCEP, and can be applied to
   tunnels initiated by the PCE or to tunnels where control is delegated
   to the PCE by the PCC.  Furthermore, a PCC requesting a new path can
   include Flow Specifications in the request to indicate the purpose of
   the tunnel allowing the PCE to factor this into the path computation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/