Subject: I-D Action: draft-sr-bess-evpn-dpath-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 08:26:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Domain Path (D-PATH) for Ethernet VPN (EVPN) Interconnect Networks
        Authors         : J. Rabadan
                          S. Sathappan
	Filename        : draft-sr-bess-evpn-dpath-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   The BGP Domain PATH (D-PATH) attribute is defined for Inter-Subnet
   Forwarding (ISF) BGP Sub-Address Families that advertise IP prefixes.
   When used along with EVPN IP Prefix routes or IP-VPN routes, it
   identifies the domain(s) through which the routes have passed and
   that information can be used by the receiver BGP speakers to detect
   routing loops or influence the BGP best path selection.  This
   document extends the use of D-PATH so that it can also be used along
   with EVPN MAC/IP Advertisement routes in EVPN Broadcast Domains (BD)
   and Auto-Discovery per EVPN Instance routes in Virtual Private Wire
   Services (VPWS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sr-bess-evpn-dpath/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sr-bess-evpn-dpath-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/