Subject: I-D Action: draft-iotops-km-iiot-frwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 13:05:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework For Integrated Industrial Networks
        Authors         : Kiran Makhijani
                          Lijun Dong
	Filename        : draft-iotops-km-iiot-frwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   Industry control networks host a diverse set of non-internet
   protocols supporting Industrial-IoT and legacy device connections.
   The integration between traditional information technology (IT) and
   operational technology (OT) so far has centered around collection of
   real-time data from devices in OT environment for consumption within
   the enterprise IT networks.  However, improvements in process control
   and automation require a far better interworking between the OT and
   IT applications.  This document provides a reference framework for
   integrated industry networks (IIN).  It highlights interfaces and
   their characteristics required for interconnecting components of OT
   and IT that maybe moved to the cloud or edges.  It suggests the use
   of IIN to bridge the differences between OT and IETF technologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iotops-km-iiot-frwk/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iotops-km-iiot-frwk-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/