Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:51:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In-situ Flow Information Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Huanan Chen
                          Jaehwan Jin
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-16.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2021-10-21

Abstract:
   As network scale increases and network operation becomes more
   sophisticated, traditional Operation, Administration and Maintenance
   (OAM) methods, which include proactive and reactive techniques,
   running in active and passive modes, are no longer sufficient to meet
   the monitoring and measurement requirements.  Data-plane on-path
   telemetry techniques which provide high-precision flow insight and
   real-time issue notification are emerging to support suitable quality
   of experience for users and applications, and network fault or
   deficiency identification.

   Centering on the new data-plane on-path telemetry techniques, this
   document outlines a high-level framework to provide an operational
   environment that utilizes these techniques to enable the collection
   and correlation of performance measurement information from the
   network.  The framework identifies the components that are needed to
   coordinate the existing protocol tools and telemetry mechanisms, and
   addresses key deployment challenges for flow-oriented on-path
   telemetry techniques, especially in carrier networks.

   The framework is informational and intended to guide system designers
   attempting to apply the referenced techniques as well as to motivate
   further work to enhance the ecosystem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/