Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-lsr-igp-path-mtu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 03:56:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IGP Extensions for Path MTU
        Authors         : Zhibo Hu
                          Shuping Peng
                          Xing Xi
	Filename        : draft-hu-lsr-igp-path-mtu-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-10-19

Abstract:
   Segment routing (SR) leverages the source routing mechanism.  It
   allows for a flexible definition of end-to-end paths within IGP
   topologies by encoding paths as sequences of topological sub-paths
   which are called segments.  These segments are advertised by the
   link-state routing protocols (IS-IS and OSPF).  Unlike the MPLS, SR
   does not have the specific path construction signaling so that it
   cannot support the Path MTU.  This draft provides the necessary IS-IS
   and OSPF extensions about the Path MTU that need to be used on SR.
   Here, the term "OSPF" means both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-lsr-igp-path-mtu/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hu-lsr-igp-path-mtu-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/