Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 00:26:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transmission of SCHC-compressed packets over IEEE 802.15.4 networks
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Ana Minaburo
	Filename        : draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-10-23

Abstract:
   A framework called Static Context Header Compression and
   fragmentation (SCHC) has been designed with the primary goal of
   supporting IPv6 over Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technologies
   [RFC8724].  One of the SCHC components is a header compression
   mechanism.  If used properly, SCHC header compression allows a
   greater compression ratio than that achievable with traditional
   6LoWPAN header compression [RFC6282].  For this reason, it may make
   sense to use SCHC header compression in some 6LoWPAN environments,
   including IEEE 802.15.4 networks.  This document specifies how a
   SCHC-compressed packet can be carried over IEEE 802.15.4 networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/