Subject: I-D Action: draft-akimichi-6man-ra-prefixlen-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 01:58:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Host behavior to short prefix length
        Authors         : Akimichi Ogawa
                          Kaname Nishizuka
                          Yoshifumi Atarashi
                          Akira Kanai
	Filename        : draft-akimichi-6man-ra-prefixlen-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2021-10-05

Abstract:
   The Prefix Information Option in the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Router
   Advertisement message defines an 8-bit prefix length field.  Prefix
   List entries are created using the prefix length in the Prefix
   Information Option.  The Conceptual Model of a Host described in RFC
   4861[RFC4861] does not clarify behavior of a host, when a short
   prefix length is received.  This document updates RFC 4861(if
   approved), and clarifies that hosts SHOULD NOT accept prefix length
   shorter than /64.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-akimichi-6man-ra-prefixlen/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-akimichi-6man-ra-prefixlen-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/