Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-state-sync-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 23:26:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Inter Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Procedures.
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Siva Sivabalan
                          Cheng Li
                          Haomian Zheng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-state-sync-01.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2021-10-20

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
   mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
   computation in response to a Path Computation Client (PCC) request.
   The Stateful PCE extensions allow stateful control of Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) using PCEP.

   A Path Computation Client (PCC) can synchronize an LSP state
   information to a Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE).  A PCC can
   have multiple PCEP sessions towards multiple PCEs.  There are some
   use cases, where an inter-PCE stateful communication can bring
   additional resiliency in the design, for instance when some PCC-PCE
   session fails.

   This document describes the procedures to allow a stateful
   communication between PCEs for various use-cases and also the
   procedures to prevent computations loops.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-state-sync/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-pce-state-sync-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-state-sync-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/