Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-21.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 04:22:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3 (EAP-TLS 1.3)
        Authors         : John Preuß Mattsson
                          Mohit Sethi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-21.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2021-10-20

Abstract:
   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in RFC 3748,
   provides a standard mechanism for support of multiple authentication
   methods.  This document specifies the use of EAP-Transport Layer
   Security (EAP-TLS) with TLS 1.3 while remaining backwards compatible
   with existing implementations of EAP-TLS.  TLS 1.3 provides
   significantly improved security and privacy, and reduced latency when
   compared to earlier versions of TLS.  EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3 (EAP-TLS
   1.3) further improves security and privacy by always providing
   forward secrecy, never disclosing the peer identity, and by mandating
   use of revocation checking, when compared to EAP-TLS with earlier
   versions of TLS.  This document also provides guidance on
   authentication, authorization, and resumption for EAP-TLS in general
   (regardless of the underlying TLS version used).  This document
   updates RFC 5216.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-21

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-21

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/