Subject: I-D Action: draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 00:31:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Marking Methods for Performance Measurement
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Mauro Cociglio
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This memo presents a summary of marking methods for performance
   measurements, and discusses the tradeoffs among them.  These marking
   methods enable to measure various performance metrics such as packet
   loss and delay, and require a low overhead in the header of data
   packets, as low as one or two bits per packet, or in some cases even
   zero bits per packet.  The target audience of this document is
   network protocol designers; this document is intended to help
   protocol designers choose the best marking method(s) based on the
   protocol's constraints and requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/