Subject: I-D Action: draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:56:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Automatic DNSSEC Bootstrapping using Authenticated Signals from the Zone's Operator
        Authors         : Peter Thomassen
                          Nils Wisiol
	Filename        : draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document introduces an in-band method for DNS operators to
   publish arbitrary information about the zones they are authoritative
   for, in an authenticated fashion and on a per-zone basis.  The
   mechanism allows managed DNS operators to securely announce DNSSEC
   key parameters for zones under their management, including for zones
   that are not currently securely delegated.

   Whenever DS records are absent for a zone's delegation, this signal
   enables the parent's registry or registrar to cryptographically
   validate the CDS/CDNSKEY records found at the child's apex.  The
   parent can then provision DS records for the delegation without
   resorting to out-of-band validation or weaker types of cross-checks
   such as "Accept after Delay" ([RFC8078]).

   [ Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.  This document is
   being collaborated on at https://github.com/desec-io/draft-thomassen-
   dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping/ (https://github.com/desec-io/draft-
   thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping/).  The most recent version of
   the document, open issues, etc. should all be available there.  The
   authors gratefully accept pull requests. ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/