Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 07:04:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Group Communication for the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
        Authors         : Esko Dijk
                          Chonggang Wang
                          Marco Tiloca
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies the use of the Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP) for group communication, including the use of UDP/IP
   multicast as the default underlying data transport.  Both unsecured
   and secured CoAP group communication are specified.  Security is
   achieved by use of the Group Object Security for Constrained RESTful
   Environments (Group OSCORE) protocol.  The target application area of
   this specification is any group communication use cases that involve
   resource-constrained devices or networks that support CoAP.  This
   document replaces RFC 7390, while it updates RFC 7252 and RFC 7641.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis-05.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/