Subject: I-D Action: draft-lindblad-netconf-transaction-id-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 04:28:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transaction ID Mechanism for NETCONF
        Author          : Jan Lindblad
	Filename        : draft-lindblad-netconf-transaction-id-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2021-10-22

Abstract:
   NETCONF clients and servers often need to have a synchronized view of
   the server's configuration data stores.  The volume of configuration
   data in a server may be very large, while data store changes
   typically are small when observed at typical client resynchronization
   intervals.

   Rereading the entire data store and analyzing the response for
   changes is an inefficient mechanism for synchronization.  This
   document specifies an extension to NETCONF that allows clients and
   servers to keep synchronized with a much smaller data exchange and
   without any need for servers to store information about the clients.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lindblad-netconf-transaction-id/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-lindblad-netconf-transaction-id-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lindblad-netconf-transaction-id-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/