Subject: I-D Action: draft-geib-spring-oam-opt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 01:21:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An MPLS SR OAM option reducing the number of end-to-end path validations
        Author          : Ruediger Geib
	Filename        : draft-geib-spring-oam-opt-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   MPLS traceroute implementations validate dataplane connectivity and
   isolate faults by sending messages along every end-to-end Label
   Switched Path (LSP) combination between a source and a destination
   node.  This requires a growing number of path validations in networks
   with a high number of equal cost paths between origin and
   destination.  Segment Routing (SR) introduces MPLS topology awareness
   combined with Source Routing.  By this combination, SR can be used to
   implement an MPLS traceroute option lowering the total number of LSP
   validations as compared to commodity MPLS traceroute.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-geib-spring-oam-opt/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-geib-spring-oam-opt-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-geib-spring-oam-opt-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/