Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-bcp97bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 22:32:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Procedures for Standards Track Documents to Refer Normatively to Documents at a Lower Level
        Author          : Murray Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-bcp97bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-10-04

Abstract:
   IETF procedures generally require that a standards track RFC may not
   have a normative reference to another standards track document at a
   lower maturity level or to a non standards track specification (other
   than specifications from other standards bodies).  For example, a
   standards track document may not have a normative reference to an
   informational RFC.  Exceptions to this rule are sometimes needed as
   the IETF uses informational RFCs to describe non-IETF standards or
   IETF-specific modes of use of such standards.  This document defines
   the procedure used in these circumstances.

   This document merges and updates, and thus obsoletes, RFC 3967, RFC
   4897, and RFC 8067.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-bcp97bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kucherawy-bcp97bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/