Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 20:35:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) and Congestion Feedback Using the Network Service Header (NSH) and IPFIX
        Authors         : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Yizhou Li
                          Andrew G. Malis
                          Xinpeng Wei
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2021-10-06

Abstract:
   Explicit congestion notification (ECN) allows a forwarding element to
   notify downstream devices of the onset of congestion without having
   to drop packets. Coupled with a means to feed information about
   congestion back to upstream nodes, this can improve network
   efficiency through better congestion control, frequently without
   packet drops. This document specifies ECN and congestion feedback
   support within a Service Function Chaining (SFC) architecture domain
   through use of the Network Service Header (NSH, RFC 8300) and IP Flow
   Information Export (IPFIX, RFC 7011).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/