Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-prefer-rrdp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 01:53:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Repository Requirements
        Authors         : Tim Bruijnzeels
                          Randy Bush
                          George Michaelson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-prefer-rrdp-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-10-22

Abstract:
   This document formulates a plan of a phased transition to a state
   where RPKI repositories and Relying Party software performing RPKI
   Validation will use the RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP)
   [RFC8182] as the preferred access protocol, and require rsync as a
   fallback option only.

   In phase 0, today's deployment, RRDP is supported by most, but not
   all Repositories, and most but not all RP software.

   In the proposed phase 1 RRDP will become mandatory to implement for
   Repositories, in addition to rsync.  This phase can start as soon as
   this document is published.

   Phase 2 will start once the proposed updates are implemented by all
   compliant Repositories.  In this phase RRDP will become mandatory to
   implement for all compliant RP software, and rsync will be required
   as a fallback option only.

   It should be noted that although this document currently includes
   descriptions and updates to RFCs for each of these phases, we may
   find that it will be beneficial to have one or more separate
   documents for these phases, so that it might be more clear to all
   when the updates to RFCs take effect.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-prefer-rrdp/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-prefer-rrdp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidrops-prefer-rrdp-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/