Subject: I-D Action: draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 06:08:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ND Prefix Robustness Improvements
        Authors         : Eduard Vasilenko
                          Paolo Volpato
                          Olorunloba Olopade
	Filename        : draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness-01.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2021-10-14

Abstract:
   IPv6 prefixes could become invalid abruptly as a result of outages,
   network administrator actions, or particular product shortcomings.

   That could lead to connectivity problems for the hosts attached to
   the subtended network.

   This document has two targets: on one hand, to analyze the cases
   that may lead to network prefix invalidity; on the other to develop
   a root cause analysis for those cases and propose a solution.

   This may bring to extensions of the protocols used to convey prefix
   information and other options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vv-6man-nd-prefix-robustness-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/