Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 05:18:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework for End-to-End IETF Network Slicing
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Jie Dong
                          Ran Pang
                          Yongqing Zhu
	Filename        : draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   Network slicing can be used to meet the connectivity and performance
   requirement of different services or customers in a shared network.
   An IETF network slice may be used for 5G or other network scenarios.
   In the context of 5G, the 5G end-to-end network slices consist of
   three major types of network segments: Radio Access Network (RAN),
   Transport Network (TN) and Core Network (CN).  And in the transport
   network, the IETF network slice may span multiple network domains.

   In order to facilitate the mapping between network slices in
   different network segments and network domains, it is beneficial to
   carry the identifiers of the 5G end-to-end network slice, the multi-
   domain IETF network slice together with the intra-domain network
   slice identifier in the data packet.

   This document describes the framework of end-to-end IETF network
   slicing, and introduces the identifiers for 5G end-to-end network
   slice and the multi-domain IETF network slice in the data packet.
   The roles of the different identifiers in packet forwarding is also
   described.  The network slice identifiers can be instantiated with
   different data planes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/