Subject: I-D Action: draft-pedro-nmrg-ai-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:40:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Artificial Intelligence Framework for Network Management
        Authors         : Pedro Martinez-Julia
                          Shunsuke Homma
                          Diego R. Lopez
	Filename        : draft-pedro-nmrg-ai-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2021-10-19

Abstract:
   The adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) in network management
   (NM) solutions is becoming a reality.  It is mainly supported by the
   need to resolve complex problems arisen from the acceptance of SDN/
   NFV technologies as well as network slicing.  Thus, the AINEMA
   framework, as discussed in this document, is required to keep focus
   and organize the efforts on applying AI to NM.  This is enlarged by
   the inclusion of external events in NM operations as well as the
   consideration of a full intelligence process instead of simple AI-
   based guesses.  Such process will be highly based in reasoning and
   formal and target-based intelligence analysis and decision.  This
   will allow computer and network system infrastructures to grow in
   complexity.  The same applies to user demands.  The construction and
   maintenance of AINEMA requires a comprehensive inclusion of several
   mechanisms.  For instance, although there has been a lot of effort to
   make Machine Learning (ML) solutions reliable and acceptable, other
   mechanisms have been forgotten.  It is the particular case of
   reasoning, which is the key within AINEMA.  It will provide enormous
   benefits to NM solutions by, for example, inferring new knowledge and
   applying different kind of rules (e.g. logical) to choose from
   several actions.  While ML solutions work with data, so their only
   requirement from the network infrastructure is data retrieval, AINEMA
   will work in collaboration to the network it is managing.  This makes
   the challenges arisen from intelligent reasoning essential for the
   evolution of NM.  They will be addressed within the context of
   AINEMA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pedro-nmrg-ai-framework/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pedro-nmrg-ai-framework-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/