Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-nmrg-dtn-addressing-protocols-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 07:14:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Opportunities of Flexible Addressing and Protocols in Digital Twin Network
        Authors         : Guangpeng Li
                          Cheng Zhou
	Filename        : draft-li-nmrg-dtn-addressing-protocols-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   To build digital twin networks based on the digital twin network
   architecture in [DTNConcept], modeling of digital twins and virtual-
   physical mapping are critical.  There are many ways to construct
   network twins, and they have different ways to realize virtual-
   physical mapping and information exchange between twins.
   Constructing a twin of network element that has communication
   requirement and function like a physical entity is a kind of network
   modeling.  In this scenario, when implementing virtual-physical
   mapping and information exchange between twins based on network layer
   communication, It faces problems such as large addressing space
   consumption and low addressing efficiency.

   This document describes an idea to using flexible addressing and
   protocol techniques in digital twin network architecture that can
   help reduce the complexity of digital twin network implementations
   and improve digital twin network efficiency and security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-nmrg-dtn-addressing-protocols/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-nmrg-dtn-addressing-protocols-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/