Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 13:11:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Active OAM for Service Function Chaining
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Wei Meng
                          Ting Ao
                          Kent Leung
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-15.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2021-10-15

Abstract:
   A set of requirements for active Operation, Administration, and
   Maintenance (OAM) of Service Function Chains (SFCs) in a network is
   presented in this document.  Based on these requirements, an
   encapsulation of active OAM messages in SFC and a mechanism to detect
   and localize defects are described.

   This document updates RFC 8300.  Particularly, it updates the
   definition of O (OAM) bit in the Network Service Header (NSH) (RFC
   8300) and defines how an active OAM message is identified in the NSH.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-15.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/