Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 00:18:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) to Support Resource Sharing-based Path Computation
        Authors         : Xian Zhang
                          Haomian Zheng
                          Oscar Gonzales de Dios
                          Victor Lopez
                          Yunbin Xu
	Filename        : draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-15.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-10-24

Abstract:
   Resource sharing in a network means two or more Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) use common pieces of resource along their paths.  This can
   help save network resources and is useful in scenarios such as LSP
   recovery or when two LSPs do not need to be active at the same time.
   A Path Computation Element (PCE) is responsible for path computation
   with such requirement.

   Existing extensions to the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP)
   allow one path computation request for an LSP to be associated with
   other (existing) LSPs through the use of the PCEP Association Object.

   This document extends PCEP in order to support resource-sharing-based
   path computation as another use of the Association Object to enable
   better efficiency in the computation and in the resultant paths and
   network resource usage.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-pce-resource-sharing-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/