Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 11:53:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) over Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
        Authors         : Magnus Westerlund
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Claudio Porfiri
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document describes the usage of the Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS) protocol to protect user messages sent over the
   Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  It is an improved
   update of the existing rfc6083.

   DTLS over SCTP provides mutual authentication, confidentiality,
   integrity protection, and replay protection for applications that use
   SCTP as their transport protocol and allows client/server
   applications to communicate in a way that is designed to give
   communications privacy and to prevent eavesdropping and detect
   tampering or message forgery.

   Applications using DTLS over SCTP can use almost all transport
   features provided by SCTP and its extensions.  This document intends
   to obsolete RFC 6083 and removes the 16 kB limitation due to DTLS on
   user message size by defining a secure user message fragmentation so
   that multiple DTLS records can be used to protect a single user
   message.  It further updates the DTLS versions to use, as well as the
   HMAC algorithms for SCTP-AUTH, and simplifies secure implementation
   by some stricter requirements on the establishment procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/