Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 10:28:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Guidance for External PSK Usage in TLS
        Authors         : Russ Housley
                          Jonathan Hoyland
                          Mohit Sethi
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-10-13

Abstract:
   This document provides usage guidance for external Pre-Shared Keys
   (PSKs) in Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 as defined in RFC 8446.
   This document lists TLS security properties provided by PSKs under
   certain assumptions, and then demonstrates how violations of these
   assumptions lead to attacks.  This document discusses PSK use cases
   and provisioning processes.  This document provides advice for
   applications to help meet these assumptions.  This document also
   lists the privacy and security properties that are not provided by
   TLS 1.3 when external PSKs are used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/