Subject: I-D Action: draft-henry-madinas-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 08:19:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Randomized and Changing MAC Address Use Cases
        Authors         : Jerome Henry
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-henry-madinas-framework-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-10-24

Abstract:
   To limit the association between a device traffic and its user,
   client vendors have started implementing MAC address rotation.  When
   such rotation happens, some in-network states may break, which may
   affect network efficiency and the user experience.  At the same time,
   devices may continue sending other stable identifiers, defeating the
   MAC rotation purposes.  This document lists various network
   environements and a set of network services that may be affected by
   such rotation.  This document then examines settings where the user
   experience may be affected by in-network state disruption, and
   settings where other machine identifiers may expose the user privacy.
   Last, this document examines solutions to maintain user privacy while
   preserving user quality of experience and network operation
   efficiency.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-henry-madinas-framework/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-henry-madinas-framework-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-henry-madinas-framework-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/