Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-bier-egress-protect-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 13:26:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BIER Egress Protection
        Authors         : Huaimo Chen
                          Mike McBride
                          Aijun Wang
                          Gyan S. Mishra
                          Yisong Liu
                          Michael Menth
                          Boris Khasanov
                          Xuesong Geng
                          Yanhe Fan
                          Lei Liu
                          Xufeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-chen-bier-egress-protect-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for fast protection against the
   failure of an egress node of a "Bit Index Explicit Replication"
   (BIER) domain.  It is called BIER egress protection.  It does not
   require any per-flow state in the core of the domain.  With BIER
   egress protection the failure of a primary BFER (Bit Forwarding
   Egress Router) is protected with a backup BFER such that traffic
   destined to the primary BFER in the BIER domain is fast rerouted by a
   neighbor BFR to the backup BFER on the BIER layer.  The mechanism is
   applicable if all BIER traffic sent to the primary BFER can reach its
   destination also via the backup BFER.  It is complementary to BIER-
   FRR which cannot protect against the failure of a BFER.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-bier-egress-protect/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-bier-egress-protect-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-bier-egress-protect-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/