Subject: I-D Action: draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:12:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Data Plane - MPLS TC Tagging for Cyclic Queuing and Forwarding (MPLS-TC TCQF)
        Authors         : Toerless Eckert
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Andrew G. Malis
	Filename        : draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This memo defines the use of the MPLS TC field of MPLS Label Stack
   Entries (LSE) to support cycle tagging of packets for Multiple Buffer
   Cyclic Queuing and Forwarding (TCQF).  TCQF is a mechanism to support
   bounded latency forwarding in DetNet network.

   Target benefits of TCQF include low end-to-end jitter, ease of high-
   speed hardware implementation, optional ability to support large
   number of flow in large networks via DiffServ style aggregation by
   applying TCQF to the DetNet aggregate instead of each DetNet flow
   individually, and support of wide-area DetNet networks with arbitrary
   link latencies and latency variations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/