Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernardos-sfc-fog-ran-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 00:37:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service Function Chaining Use Cases in Fog RAN
        Authors         : Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Alain Mourad
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-sfc-fog-ran-10.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2021-10-22

Abstract:
   Fog Radio Access Networks (RAN) refers to the part of the RAN that is
   virtualized at the very edge of the network, even at the end-user
   device.  Fog RAN support is considered critical for the 5G mobile
   network architectures currently being developed in various research,
   standardization and industry forums.  Since fog RAN builds on top of
   virtualization and can involve several virtual functions running on
   different virtualized resources, Service function chaining (SFC)
   support for the fog RAN will be critical.  This document describes
   the overall fog RAN approach and also gives some use cases.  Finally
   it proposes some requirements to be considered in the development of
   the SFC architecture and related protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernardos-sfc-fog-ran/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bernardos-sfc-fog-ran-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernardos-sfc-fog-ran-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/