Subject: I-D Action: draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 14:18:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MS-originated SMRs
        Authors         : Alberto Rodriguez-Natal
                          Albert Cabellos-Aparicio
                          Vina Ermagan
                          Fabio Maino
                          Sharon Barkai
	Filename        : draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-13.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-10-11

Abstract:
   This document extends [I-D.ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis] to allow Map Servers
   to send SMR messages.

   This extension is intended to be used in some SDN deployments that
   use LISP as a southbound protocol with (P)ITRs that are compliant
   with [I-D.ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis].  In this use-case mapping updates do
   not come from ETRs, but rather from a centralized controller that
   pushes the updates directly to the Mapping System.  In such
   deployments, Map Servers will benefit from having a mechanism to
   inform directly (P)ITRs about updates in the mappings they are
   serving.  Although implementations of this extension exist, this
   extension is deprecated by [I-D.ietf-lisp-pubsub] and it is being
   documented for informational purposes.  Newer implementations should
   look into [I-D.ietf-lisp-pubsub] to support PubSub in LISP
   deployments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/