Subject: I-D Action: draft-peng-apn-bgp-flowspec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 07:51:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules for APN
        Authors         : Shuping Peng
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Sheng Fang
                          Yong Cui
	Filename        : draft-peng-apn-bgp-flowspec-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   A Flow Specification is an n-tuple consisting of several matching
   criteria that can be applied to IP traffic.  Application-aware
   Networking (APN) is a framework, where APN data packets convey APN
   attribute (incl.  APN ID and/or APN Parameters).  The dynamic Flow
   Spec mechanism for APN is designed for the new applications of
   traffic filtering in an APN domain as well as the traffic control and
   actions on the policy enforcement points in this domain.  These
   applications require coordination among the ASes within a service
   provider.

   This document specifies a new BGP Flow Spec Component Type in order
   to support APN traffic filtering.  The match field is the APN ID.  It
   also specifies traffic filtering actions to enable the creation of
   the APN ID in the outer tunnel encapsulation when matched to the
   corresponding Flow Spec rules.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peng-apn-bgp-flowspec/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-peng-apn-bgp-flowspec-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/