Subject: I-D Action: draft-fosterd-dmarc-compliant-mailing-lists-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 17:14:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DMARC Compliant Mailing Lists
        Author          : Douglas Foster
	Filename        : draft-fosterd-dmarc-compliant-mailing-lists-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-10-03

Abstract:
   Mailing Lists often make changes to a message before it is
   retransmitted.  This invalidates DKIM signatures, causing a DMARC
   test on the RFC5322.From addres to fail.  A DMARC-compliant mailing
   list is one which uses member alias addresses to identify the
   document as sent by a specific author via the mechanism of the list.
   An appropriate aliasing mechanism will not only prevent DMARC FAIL,
   but will also allow messages between members, will look natural to
   senders and recipients, and will allow list organization domains to
   advance to p=reject.  This document describes an aliasing approach
   which meets these goals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fosterd-dmarc-compliant-mailing-lists/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-fosterd-dmarc-compliant-mailing-lists-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/