Subject: I-D Action: draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 06:52:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Realizing Network Slices in IP/MPLS Networks
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
                          Bin Wen
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Joel Halpern
                          Shaofu Peng
                          Ran Chen
                          Xufeng Liu
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Reza Rokui
	Filename        : draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-04.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   Network slicing provides the ability to partition a physical network
   into multiple logical networks of varying sizes, structures, and
   functions so that each slice can be dedicated to specific services or
   customers.  Network slices need to operate in parallel while
   providing slice elasticity in terms of network resource allocation.
   The Differentiated Service (Diffserv) model allows for carrying
   multiple services on top of a single physical network by relying on
   compliant nodes to apply specific forwarding treatment (scheduling
   and drop policy) on to packets that carry the respective Diffserv
   code point.  This document adopts the Diffserv principles and
   proposes a scalable approach to realize network slicing in IP/MPLS
   networks.  The solution does not mandate Diffserv to be enabled in
   the network to provide a specific forwarding treatment, but can co-
   exist with and complement it when enabled.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/