Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-istn-addressing-requirement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 09:01:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problems and Requirements of Addressing in Integrated Space-Terrestrial Network
        Authors         : Yuanjie Li
                          Hewu Li
                          Jiayi Liu
	Filename        : draft-li-istn-addressing-requirement-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document presents a detailed analysis of the problems and
   requirements of network addressing in "Internet in space" for
   terrestrial users.  It introduces the basics of satellite mega-
   constellations, terrestrial terminals/ground stations, and their
   inter-networking.  Then it explicitly analyzes how space-terrestrial
   mobility yeilds challenges for the logical topology, addressing, and
   their impact on routing.  The requirements of addressing in the
   space-terrestrial network are discussed in detail, including
   uniqueness, stability, locality, scalability, efficiency and backward
   compatibility with terrestrial Internet.  The problems and
   requirements of network addressing in space-terrestrial networks are
   finally outlined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-istn-addressing-requirement/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-li-istn-addressing-requirement-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/