Subject: I-D Action: draft-chunduri-rtgwg-preferred-path-routing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:24:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Preferred Path Routing Framework
        Authors         : Stewart Bryant
                          Uma Chunduri
                          Alexander Clemm
	Filename        : draft-chunduri-rtgwg-preferred-path-routing-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   Capacity demands, Traffic Engineering (TE) and determinism are some
   of key requirements for various cellular, edge and industrial
   deployments.  These deployments span from many underlying data pane
   technologies including native IPv4, native IPv6 along with MPLS and
   Segment Routing (SR).

   This document provides a framework for Preferred Path Routing (PPR).
   PPR is a method of providing path based dynamic routing for a number
   of packet types including IPv4, IPv6 and MPLS.  This seamlessly works
   with a controller plane which holds both complete network view of
   operator policies, while distributed control plane providing self-
   healing benefits in a near-real time fashion.

   PPR builds on existing encapsulations at the edge nodes to add path
   identity to the packet.  This reduces the per packet overhead
   required for path steering and therefore has a smaller impact on both
   packet MTU, data plane processing and overall goodput for small
   payload packets, while extending path steering benefits to any
   existing data plane.
   A number of extensions that allow expansion of use beyond simple
   point-to-point-paths are also described in this memo.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chunduri-rtgwg-preferred-path-routing/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chunduri-rtgwg-preferred-path-routing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chunduri-rtgwg-preferred-path-routing-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/