Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-iab-data-minimization-principle-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 14:56:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Data minimization
        Author          : Jari Arkko
	Filename        : draft-arkko-iab-data-minimization-principle-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   Communications security has been at the center of many security
   improvements in the Internet.  The goal has been to ensure that
   communications are protected against outside observers and attackers.
   This memo suggests that this is no longer alone sufficient to cater
   for the security and privacy issues seen on the Internet today.  For
   instance, it is often also necessary to protect against endpoints
   that are compromised, malicious, or whose interests simply do not
   align with the interests of users.  While such protection is
   difficult, there are some measures that can be taken.  It is
   particularly important that new technology and new deployments
   consider the role of data passed to various parties -- including the
   primary protocol participants -- and balance the information given to
   them considering their roles and possible compromise of the
   information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-iab-data-minimization-principle/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-arkko-iab-data-minimization-principle-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/