Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-extended-mobility-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 16:57:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Extended Mobility Procedures for EVPN-IRB
        Authors         : Neeraj Malhotra
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Aparna Pattekar
                          Jorge Rabadan
                          Avinash Lingala
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-extended-mobility-07.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2021-10-02

Abstract:
   Procedure to handle host mobility in a layer 2 Network with EVPN
   control plane is defined as part of RFC 7432.  EVPN has since evolved
   to find wider applicability across various IRB use cases that include
   distributing both MAC and IP reachability via a common EVPN control
   plane.  MAC Mobility procedures defined in RFC 7432 are extensible to
   IRB use cases if a fixed 1:1 mapping between VM IP and MAC is assumed
   across VM moves.  Generic mobility support for IP and MAC that allows
   these bindings to change across moves is required to support a
   broader set of EVPN IRB use cases, and requires further
   consideration.  EVPN all-active multi-homing further introduces
   scenarios that require additional consideration from mobility
   perspective.  This document enumerates a set of design considerations
   applicable to mobility across these EVPN IRB use cases and defines
   generic sequence number assignment procedures to address these IRB
   use cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-extended-mobility/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-extended-mobility-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-extended-mobility-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/