Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 07:11:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Key Update for OSCORE (KUDOS)
        Authors         : Rikard Höglund
                          Marco Tiloca
	Filename        : draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE) uses
   AEAD algorithms to ensure confidentiality and integrity of exchanged
   messages.  Due to known issues allowing forgery attacks against AEAD
   algorithms, limits should be followed on the number of times a
   specific key is used for encryption or decryption.  This document
   defines how two OSCORE peers must follow these limits and what steps
   they must take to preserve the security of their communications.
   Therefore, this document updates RFC8613.  Furthermore, this document
   specifies Key Update for OSCORE (KUDOS), a lightweight procedure that
   two peers can use to update their keying material and establish a new
   OSCORE Security Context.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hoeglund-core-oscore-key-limits-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/