Subject: I-D Action: draft-pfeifer-rtgwg-dmpr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 03:03:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dynamic MultiPath Routing Protocol
        Authors         : Hagen Paul Pfeifer
                          Sebastian Widmann
	Filename        : draft-pfeifer-rtgwg-dmpr-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2021-11-27

Abstract:
   Dynamic MultiPath Routing (DMPR) is a loop free path vector routing
   protocol with built-in support for policy based multipath routing.
   It has been designed from scratch to work at both low and high
   bandwidth networks - even with high packet loss.  The objective was
   to keep routing overhead low and ensure a deterministic protocol
   exchange behavior.  DMPR can be used to manage larger networks with
   characteristics based on BGPv4 with transport and self-configuration
   properties taken from OSPF/OLSR.  Unlike BGPv4 or OSPF, DMPR does not
   support higher network separation concepts.  A DMPR network is a flat
   network in which DMPR nodes have equal tasks.  This also applies to
   DMPR communication.  Unlike OLSR/OSPF there is no flooding messages
   (topology broadcast), information are stored, accumulated/compressed
   and forwarded at each DMPR node.  This feature contributes to the
   message load being deterministic.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pfeifer-rtgwg-dmpr/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pfeifer-rtgwg-dmpr-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pfeifer-rtgwg-dmpr-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/