Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 14:59:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Error Reporting
        Authors         : Roy Arends
                          Matt Larson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-11-09

Abstract:
   DNS Error Reporting is a lightweight error reporting mechanism that
   provides the operator of an authoritative server with reports on DNS
   resource records that fail to resolve or validate, that a Domain
   Owner or DNS Hosting organization can use to improve domain hosting.
   The reports are based on Extended DNS Errors [RFC8914].

   When a domain name fails to resolve or validate due to a
   misconfiguration or an attack, the operator of the authoritative
   server may be unaware of this.  To mitigate this lack of feedback,
   this document describes a method for a validating recursive resolver
   to automatically signal an error to an agent specified by the
   authoritative server.  DNS Error Reporting uses the DNS to report
   errors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/