Subject: I-D Action: draft-hardjono-blockchain-interop-arch-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 17:07:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Interoperability Architecture for DLT Gateways
        Authors         : Thomas Hardjono
                          Martin Hargreaves
                          Ned Smith
                          Venkatraman Ramakrishna
	Filename        : draft-hardjono-blockchain-interop-arch-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2021-11-06

Abstract:
   With the increasing interest in the potential use of blockchains and
   decentralized ledger technology (DLT) networksorks for virtual asset
   management, there is a need for these networks to have
   interoperability to support applications and services built atop
   these networks.  An interoperability architecture for DLT networks is
   therefore needed in order to permit the secure flow of digital assets
   different DLT networks, satisfying the properties of transfer
   atomicity, consistency and durability.  The architecture must
   recognize that there are different DLT networks and that the interior
   constructs in these networks maybe incompatible with one another.
   This document proposes an interoperability architecture based on DLT
   Gateways, which are points of interconnection between networks.
   Among others, the gateways implement one or more protocols for the
   transfer (or exchange) digital assets between DLT networks.  A
   gateway belonging to a DLT network peers with another gateway
   belonging to a different DLT network to perform the asset transfer
   between the two networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardjono-blockchain-interop-arch/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hardjono-blockchain-interop-arch-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hardjono-blockchain-interop-arch-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/