Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 20:55:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delivery Rate Estimation
        Authors         : Yuchung Cheng
                          Neal Cardwell
                          Soheil Hassas Yeganeh
                          Van Jacobson
	Filename        : draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-11-07

Abstract:
   This document describes a generic algorithm for a transport protocol
   sender to estimate the current delivery rate of its data.  At a high
   level, the algorithm estimates the rate at which the network
   delivered the most recent flight of outbound data packets for a
   single flow.  In addition, it tracks whether the rate sample was
   application-limited, meaning the transmission rate was limited by the
   sending application rather than the congestion control algorithm.
   This algorithm can be implemented in any transport protocol that
   supports packet-delivery acknowledgment (thus far, open source
   implementations are available for TCP [RFC793] and QUIC [RFC9000]).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/