Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-bess-evpn-irb-smooth-evolution-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 22:29:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Smooth Evolution of Existing EVPN IRB Network
        Author          : Yubao Wang
	Filename        : draft-wang-bess-evpn-irb-smooth-evolution-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-11-20

Abstract:
   EVPN IRB has been deployed following [RFC9135]'s early draft for a
   long time.  This draft discusses how can these existing deployments
   smoothly evolved into an IP-aliasing
   ([I-D.sajassi-bess-evpn-ip-aliasing]) enhanced EVPN symmetric IRB
   scenario, especially when two of an IP-VRF's BDs (whose IRB
   interfaces are attached to the same IP-VRF) have been attched to a
   common ES before that network evolution.  In such case, when these
   two BDs are evolved into IP-aliasing enhanced EVPN symmetric IRB as
   per [I-D.sajassi-bess-evpn-ip-aliasing] or distributed Bump-in-the-
   wire as per [I-D.wang-bess-evpn-distributed-bump-in-the-wire], the IP
   A-D per EVI routes of these two BDs may conflict with each other in
   the context of the IP-VRF instance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-bess-evpn-irb-smooth-evolution/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-wang-bess-evpn-irb-smooth-evolution-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/