Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 01:54:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Network Security Device Performance
        Authors         : Balamuhunthan Balarajah
                          Carsten Rossenhoevel
                          Brian Monkman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-12.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2021-11-16

Abstract:
   This document provides benchmarking terminology and methodology for
   next-generation network security devices including next-generation
   firewalls (NGFW), next-generation intrusion prevention systems
   (NGIPS), and unified threat management (UTM) implementations.  The
   main areas covered in this document are test terminology, test
   configuration parameters, and benchmarking methodology for NGFW and
   NGIPS.  This document aims to improve the applicability,
   reproducibility, and transparency of benchmarks and to align the test
   methodology with today's increasingly complex layer 7 security
   centric network application use cases.  As a result, this document
   makes [RFC3511] obsolete.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/