Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 21:10:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Revision of core Email specifications WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
        Author          : John C. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 120
	Date            : 2021-11-07

Abstract:
   This document is a specification of the basic protocol for Internet
   electronic mail transport.  It consolidates, updates, and clarifies
   several previous documents, making all or parts of most of them
   obsolete.  It covers the SMTP extension mechanisms and best practices
   for the contemporary Internet, but does not provide details about
   particular extensions.  The document also provides information about
   use of SMTP for other than strict mail transport and delivery.  This
   document replaces RFC 5321, the earlier version with the same title.

   // JcK 20211029 Note in Draft: Adjusted in version -06.  Decided the
   // details belong in either the Introduction or the A/S, not the
   // Abstract.  And it makes the Abstract a tad shorter, which is good.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/