Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:11:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A LoST extension to return complete and similar location info
        Authors         : Brian Rosen
                          Roger Marshall
                          Jeff Martin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location-13.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-11-23

Abstract:
   This document introduces a new way to provide returned location
   information in LoST responses that is either of a completed or
   similar form to the original input civic location, based on whether
   valid or invalid civic address elements are returned within the
   <findServiceResponse> message.  This document defines a new extension
   to the <findServiceResponse> message within the LoST protocol
   [RFC5222] that enables the LoST protocol to return in a response a
   completed civic address element set for a valid location response,
   and one or more suggested sets of similar location information for an
   invalid location.  These two types of civic addresses are referred to
   as either "complete location" or "similar location", and are included
   as a compilation of CAtype xml elements within the existing LoST
   <findServiceResponse> message structure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/