Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhu-intarea-gma-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 11:29:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Generic Multi-Access (GMA) Encapsulation Protocol
        Authors         : Jing Zhu
                          Satish Kanugovi
	Filename        : draft-zhu-intarea-gma-14.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-11-24

Abstract:
   A device can be simultaneously connected to multiple networks,
   e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G, and DSL. It is desirable to seamlessly
   combine the connectivity over these networks below the transport
   layer (L4) to improve quality of experience for applications that
   do not have built in multi-path capabilities. Such optimization
   requires additional control information, e.g., a sequence number,
   in each packet. This document presents a new light weight and
   flexible encapsulation protocol for this need. The solution has
   been developed by the authors based on their experiences in
   multiple standards bodies including the IETF and 3GPP, is not an
   Internet Standard and does not represent the consensus opinion of
   the IETF. This document will enable other developers to build
   interoperable implementations in order to experiment with the
   protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhu-intarea-gma/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhu-intarea-gma-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhu-intarea-gma-14

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/