Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-php-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 07:01:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BIER Penultimate Hop Popping
        Author          : Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-php-07.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-12-07

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) can be used as provider tunnel
   for Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN).  Global Table Multicast
   [RFC7716] or Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN).  It is possible
   that not all routers in the provider network support BIER and there
   are various methods to handle BIER-incapable transit routers.
   However those methods assume the MVPN/EVPN Provider Edges (PEs) are
   BIER-capable.  This document specifies a method to allow BIER-
   incapable routers to act as MVPN/EVPN PEs with BIER as the transport,
   by having the upstream BIER Forwarding Router (BFR) that is connected
   directly or indirectly via a tunnel to a BIER-incapable PE remove the
   BIER header and send the payload to the PE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-php/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-php-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-php-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts