Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:05:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delivered-To Email Header Field
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-09.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-12-21

Abstract:
   The address to which email is delivered might be different than any
   of the addresses shown in any of the content header fields that were
   created by the email's author.  For example, the address used by the
   email transport service is provided separately, such as through
   SMTP's "RCPT TO" command, and might not match any address in the To:
   or cc: fields.  In addition before final delivery, handling can
   entail a sequence of submission/delivery events, using a sequence of
   different destination addresses that (eventually) lead to the
   recipient.  As well, a receiving system's delivery process can
   produce local address transformations.

   It can be helpful for a message to have a common way to record each
   delivery in such a sequence, and to note each address used in the
   sequence to that recipient, such as for analyzing the path a message
   has taken, or for loop detection, or for formulating the author's
   address in a reply message.  This document defines a header field for
   this information.

   Email handling information discloses details about the email
   infrastructure, as well as about a particular recipient; this can
   raise privacy concerns.

   A header field such as this is not automatically assured of
   widespread use.  Therefore this is being published as an Experiment,
   looking for constituency and for operational utility.  The document
   is produced through the Independent RFC stream and was not subject to
   the IETF's approval process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts