Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 08:20:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Next-Hop dependent capabilities
        Authors         : Bruno Decraene
                          Kireeti Kompella
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability-07.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-12-08

Abstract:
   RFC 5492 advertises the capabilities of the BGP peer.  When the BGP
   peer is not the same as the BGP Next-Hop, it is useful to also be
   able to advertise the capability of the BGP Next-Hop, in particular
   to advertise forwarding plane features.  This document defines a
   mechanism to advertise such BGP Next Hop dependent Capabilities.

   This document defines a new BGP non-transitive attribute to carry
   Next-Hop Capabilities.  This attribute is guaranteed to be deleted or
   updated when the BGP Next Hop is changed, in order to reflect the
   capabilities of the new BGP Next-Hop.

   This document also defines a Next-Hop capability to advertise the
   ability to process the MPLS Entropy Label as an egress LSR for all
   NLRI advertised in the BGP UPDATE.  It updates RFC 6790 with regard
   to this BGP signaling.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts