Subject: I-D Action: draft-jordan-jws-ct-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 02:43:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : JWS Clear Text JSON Signature Option (JWS/CT)
        Authors         : Bret Jordan
                          Samuel Erdtman
                          Anders Rundgren
	Filename        : draft-jordan-jws-ct-07.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-12-24

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for extending the scope of the JSON
   Web Signature (JWS) specification, called JWS/CT (JWS "Clear Text").
   By combining the detached mode of JWS with the JSON Canonicalization
   Scheme (JCS), JWS/CT enables JSON objects to remain in the JSON
   format after being signed.  In addition to supporting a consistent
   data format, this arrangement also simplifies documentation,
   debugging, and logging.  The ability to embed signed JSON objects in
   other JSON objects, makes the use of counter-signatures
   straightforward.

   This informational specification has been produced outside the IETF,
   is not an IETF standard, and does not have IETF consensus.  The
   intended audiences of this document are JSON tool vendors as well as
   designers of JSON-based cryptographic solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jordan-jws-ct/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-jordan-jws-ct-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jordan-jws-ct-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts