Subject: I-D Action: draft-kompella-mpls-lspping-norao-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 19:45:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deprecating the Use of Router Alert in LSP Ping
        Authors         : Kireeti Kompella
                          Ronald Bonica
	Filename        : draft-kompella-mpls-lspping-norao-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2021-12-09

Abstract:
   LSP ping messages (RFC 8029) are encapsulated in IP headers that
   include a Router Alert Option (RAO).  The rationale for including an
   RAO is questionable.  Furthermore, RFC6398 identifies security
   vulnerabilities associated with the RAO.

   Therefore, this document removes the RAO from LSP ping message
   encapsulations.  It updates RFCs 7506 and 8029.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kompella-mpls-lspping-norao/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kompella-mpls-lspping-norao-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts