Subject: I-D Action: draft-zia-route-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 11:02:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Real-time Transport Object delivery over Unidirectional Transport (ROUTE)
        Authors         : Waqar Zia
                          Thomas Stockhammer
                          Lenaig Chaponniere
                          Giridhar Mandyam
	Filename        : draft-zia-route-04.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2021-12-19

Abstract:
   The Real-time Transport Object delivery over Unidirectional Transport
   protocol (ROUTE protocol) is specified for robust delivery of
   Application Objects, including Application Objects with real-time
   delivery constraints, to receivers over a unidirectional transport.
   Application Objects consist of data that has meaning to applications
   that use the ROUTE protocol for delivery of data to receivers, for
   example, it can be a file, or a DASH or HLS segment, a WAV audio
   clip, etc. The ROUTE protocol also supports low-latency streaming
   applications.

   The ROUTE protocol is suitable for unicast, broadcast, and multicast
   transport. Therefore, it can be run over IP/UDP including multicast
   IP. The ROUTE protocol can leverage the features of the underlying
   protocol layer, e.g. to provide security it can leverage IP security
   protocols such as IPSec.

   This document specifies the ROUTE protocol such that it could be used
   by a variety of services for delivery of Application Objects by
   specifying their own profiles of this protocol (e.g. by adding or
   constraining some features).

   This is not an IETF specification and does not have IETF consensus.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zia-route/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zia-route-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zia-route-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts