Subject: I-D Action: draft-ssmith-cesr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 14:14:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Composable Event Streaming Representation (CESR)
        Author          : S. Smith
	Filename        : draft-ssmith-cesr-02.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2021-12-01

Abstract:
   The Composable Event Streaming Representation (CESR) is dual text-
   binary encoding format that has the unique property of text-binary
   concatenation composability.  This composability property enables the
   round trip conversion en-masse of concatenated primitives between the
   text domain and binary domain while maintaining separability of
   individual primtives.  This enables convenient usability in the text
   domain and compact transmission in the binary domain.  CESR
   primitives are self-framing.  CESR supports self-framing group codes
   that enable stream processing and pipelining in both the text and
   binary domains.  CESR supports composable text-binary encodings for
   general data types as well as suites of cryptographic material.
   Popular cryptographic material suites have compact encodings for
   efficiency while less compact encodings provide sufficient
   extensibility to support all foreseeable types.  CESR streams also
   support interleaved JSON, CBOR, and MGPK serializations.  CESR is a
   universal encoding that uniquely provides dual text and binary domain
   representations via composable conversion.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ssmith-cesr/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ssmith-cesr-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ssmith-cesr-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/