Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-intarea-parcels-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 17:00:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IP Parcels
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-intarea-parcels-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-12-17

Abstract:
   IP packets (both IPv4 and IPv6) are understood to contain a unit of
   data which becomes the retransmission unit in case of loss.  Upper
   layer protocols such as the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
   prepare data units known as "segments", with traditional arrangements
   including a single segment per packet.  This document presents a new
   construct known as the "IP Parcel" which permits a single packet to
   carry multiple segments.  The parcel can be opened at middleboxes on
   the path with the included segments broken out into individual
   packets, then rejoined into one or more repackaged parcels to be
   forwarded further toward the final destination.  Reordering of
   segments within parcels is unimportant; what matters is that the
   number of parcels delivered to the final destination should be kept
   to a minimum, and that loss or receipt of individual segments (and
   not parcel size) determines the retransmission unit.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-intarea-parcels/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-intarea-parcels-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts