Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 01:36:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scalability Considerations for Network Resource Partition
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Liyan Gong
                          Guangming Yang
                          James N Guichard
                          Gyan Mishra
                          Fengwei Qin
	Filename        : draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-12-17

Abstract:
   IETF network slice service aims to meet the connectivity demands of a
   network slice customer with specific Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
   and Service Level Expectations (SLEs) over a common underlay network.
   A Network Resource Partition is a set of network resources that are
   allocated from the underlay network to carry a specific set of
   network traffic and meet the required SLOs and SLEs.  One or multiple
   IETF network slice services can be mapped to one network resource
   partition.

   With the demand for IETF network slice services increases,
   scalability would become an important factor for the large scale
   deployment of IETF network slices.  Although the scalability of IETF
   network slices can be improved by mapping a group of IETF network
   slices to one network resource partition, there are concerns about
   the scalability of network resource partitions.  This document
   describes the scalability considerations about network resource
   partition in the network control plane and data plane, and some
   optimization mechanisms are proposed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts