Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-tsvwg-sw-slc-fec-scheme-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 22:47:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Sliding Window Selective Linear Code (SLC) Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME
        Authors         : Ray Wang
                          Liang Si
                          Bifeng He
	Filename        : draft-wang-tsvwg-sw-slc-fec-scheme-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-12-13

Abstract:
   RFC8680 describes a framework for using Sliding Window Forward Error
   Correction(FEC) codes to protection against packet loss, the
   framework significantly improves FEC efficiency and reduces FEC-
   related added latency compared to block FEC codes defined in RFC
   6363.  RFC8681 further describes two fully specified FEC schemes for
   Sliding Window Random Linear Codes(RLC), the schemes rely on an
   encoding window that slides over a continuous set of source symbols,
   generating new repair symbols whenever needed.  This document
   describes a fully specified FEC scheme for Sliding Window Selective
   Linear Code(SLC) over the Galois Field GF (2^^8) , compared to
   RFC8681, this framework use a discrete encoding window which can
   protect arbitrary media streams selectively, and has better recovery
   performance in scenarios such as layered video coding or mixed
   streams for video streaming applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-tsvwg-sw-slc-fec-scheme/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-wang-tsvwg-sw-slc-fec-scheme-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-tsvwg-sw-slc-fec-scheme-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts