Subject: I-D Action: draft-bryant-rtgwg-plfa-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 07:47:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Preferred Path Loop-Free Alternate (pLFA)
        Authors         : Stewart Bryant
                          Uma Chunduri
                          Toerless Eckert
	Filename        : draft-bryant-rtgwg-plfa-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-12-24

Abstract:
   Fast re-route (FRR) is a technique that allows productive forwarding
   to continue in a network after a failure has occurred, but before the
   network has has time to re-converge.  This is achieved by forwarding
   a packet on an alternate path that will not result in the packet
   looping.  Preferred Path Routing (PPR) provides a method of injecting
   explicit paths into the routing protocol.  The use of PPR to support
   FRR has a number of advantages.  This document describes the
   advantages of using PPR to provide a loop-free alternate FRR path,
   and provides a framework for its use in this application.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bryant-rtgwg-plfa/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bryant-rtgwg-plfa-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bryant-rtgwg-plfa-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts