Subject: I-D Action: draft-miao-iccrg-hpccplus-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 14:40:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : HPCC++: Enhanced High Precision Congestion Control
        Authors         : Rui Miao
                          Hongqiang H. Liu
                          Rong Pan
                          Jeongkeun Lee
                          Changhoon Kim
                          Barak Gafni
                          Yuval Shpigelman
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-miao-iccrg-hpccplus-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-12-07

Abstract:
   Congestion control (CC) is the key to achieving ultra-low latency,
   high bandwidth and network stability in high-speed networks.
   However, the existing high-speed CC schemes have inherent limitations
   for reaching these goals.

   In this document, we describe HPCC++ (High Precision Congestion
   Control), a new high-speed CC mechanism which achieves the three
   goals simultaneously.  HPCC++ leverages inband telemetry to obtain
   precise link load information and controls traffic precisely.  By
   addressing challenges such as delayed signaling during congestion and
   overreaction to the congestion signaling using inband and granular
   telemetry, HPCC++ can quickly converge to utilize all the available
   bandwidth while avoiding congestion, and can maintain near-zero in-
   network queues for ultra-low latency.  HPCC++ is also fair and easy
   to deploy in hardware, implementable with commodity NICs and
   switches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-miao-iccrg-hpccplus/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-miao-iccrg-hpccplus-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-miao-iccrg-hpccplus-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts