Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 13:14:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : EAP-based Authentication Service for CoAP
        Authors         : Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Dan Garcia-Carrillo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-05.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2021-12-05

Abstract:
   This document specifies an authentication service that uses the
   Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) transported employing
   Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) messages.  As such, it
   defines an EAP lower layer based on CoAP called CoAP-EAP.  One of the
   main goals is to authenticate a CoAP-enabled IoT device (EAP peer)
   that intends to join a security domain managed by a Controller (EAP
   authenticator).  Secondly, it allows deriving key material to protect
   CoAP messages exchanged between them based on Object Security for
   Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE), enabling the establishment
   of a security association between them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts