Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-spring-siam-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 09:17:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SRv6 In-situ Active Measurement
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tian Pan
	Filename        : draft-song-spring-siam-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-12-06

Abstract:
   This draft describes a data-plane in-band active measurement method
   for SRv6.  A packet containing an SRH uses a flag bit to indicate it
   is an active probing packet.  The measurement information, such as
   the IOAM header and data, is encapsulated in UDP payload.  The
   probing packet originates from a segment source node and terminates
   at a configured segment endpoint node.  Each segment node on the
   path, when detecting the flag, parses the UDP header and the payload.
   In case of IOAM, the node adds data to the IOAM node data fields.
   The method avoids the performance and encapsulation issues for
   applying IOAM as well as other measurement techniques in SRv6
   networks.  Multiple applications can be supported by the method.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-spring-siam/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-spring-siam-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-spring-siam-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts