Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-qirg-principles-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:49:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Quantum Internet Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Architectural Principles for a Quantum Internet
        Authors         : Wojciech Kozlowski
                          Stephanie Wehner
                          Rodney Van Meter
                          Bruno Rijsman
                          Angela Sara Cacciapuoti
                          Marcello Caleffi
                          Shota Nagayama
	Filename        : draft-irtf-qirg-principles-09.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2022-02-07

Abstract:
   The vision of a quantum internet is to enhance existing Internet
   technology by enabling quantum communication between any two points
   on Earth.  To achieve this goal, a quantum network stack should be
   built from the ground up to account for the fundamentally new
   properties of quantum entanglement.  The first quantum entanglement
   networks have been realised [Pompili21.1], but there is no practical
   proposal for how to organise, utilise, and manage such networks.  In
   this draft, we attempt to lay down the framework and introduce some
   basic architectural principles for a quantum internet.  This is
   intended for general guidance and general interest, but also to
   provide a foundation for discussion between physicists and network
   specialists.  This document is a product of the Quantum Internet
   Research Group (QIRG).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-qirg-principles/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-qirg-principles-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-qirg-principles-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts