Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 01:50:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Security Considerations for Transient Numeric Identifiers Employed in Network Protocols
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-07.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2022-02-01

Abstract:
   Poor selection of transient numerical identifiers in protocols such
   as the TCP/IP suite has historically led to a number of attacks on
   implementations, ranging from Denial of Service (DoS) to data
   injection and information leakage that can be exploited by pervasive
   monitoring.  To prevent such flaws in future protocols and
   implementations, this document updates RFC 3552, requiring future
   RFCs to contain a vulnerability assessment of their transient numeric
   identifiers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts