Subject: I-D Action: draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-keys-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 10:17:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Composite Public and Private Keys For Use In Internet PKI
        Authors         : Mike Ounsworth
                          Massimiliano Pala
	Filename        : draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-keys-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2022-02-12

Abstract:
   With the widespread adoption of post-quantum cryptography will come
   the need for an entity to possess multiple public keys on different
   cryptographic algorithms.  Since the trustworthiness of individual
   post-quantum algorithms is at question, a multi-key cryptographic
   operation will need to be performed in such a way that breaking it
   requires breaking each of the component algorithms individually.
   This requires defining new structures for holding composite keys, for
   use with composite signature and encryption data.

   This document defines the structures CompositePublicKey,
   CompositePrivateKey, which are sequences of the respective structure
   for each component algorithm.  This document makes no assumptions
   about what the component algorithms are, provided that they have
   defined algorithm identifiers.  The only requirement imposed by this
   document is that all algorithms be of the same key usage; i.e. all
   signature or all encryption.  This document is intended to be coupled
   with corresponding documents that define the structure and semantics
   of composite signatures and encryption.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-keys/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-keys-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-keys-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts