Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 06:35:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Revision of core Email specifications WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
        Author          : John C. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 123
	Date            : 2022-02-01

Abstract:
   This document is a specification of the basic protocol for Internet
   electronic mail transport.  It (including text carried forward from
   RFC 5321) consolidates, updates, and clarifies several previous
   documents, making all or parts of most of them obsolete.  It covers
   the SMTP extension mechanisms and best practices for the contemporary
   Internet, but does not provide details about particular extensions.
   The document also provides information about use of SMTP for other
   than strict mail transport and delivery.  This document replaces RFC
   5321, the earlier version with the same title.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts