Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 00:58:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP Attacks
        Authors         : John Preuß Mattsson
                          John Fornehed
                          Göran Selander
                          Francesca Palombini
                          Christian Amsüss
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2022-02-01

Abstract:
   Being able to securely read information from sensors, to securely
   control actuators, and to not enable distributed denial-of-service
   attacks are essential in a world of connected and networking things
   interacting with the physical world.  This document summarizes a
   number of known attacks on CoAP and show that just using CoAP with a
   security protocol like DTLS, TLS, or OSCORE is not enough for secure
   operation.  The document also summarizes different denial-of-service
   attacks using CoAP.  The goal with this document is motivating
   generic and protocol-specific recommendations on the usage of CoAP.
   Several of the discussed attacks can be mitigated with the solutions
   in draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts