Subject: I-D Action: draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 05:07:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In Situ OAM Profiles
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Frank Brockners
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Ramesh Sivakolundu
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Aviv Kfir
                          Barak Gafni
                          Mickey Spiegel
                          Tianran Zhou
	Filename        : draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile-06.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2022-02-17

Abstract:
   In Situ Operations, Administration and Maintenance (IOAM) is used for
   monitoring network performance and for detecting traffic bottlenecks
   and anomalies.  This is achieved by incorporating IOAM data into in-
   flight data packets.  This document introduces the concept of use
   case-driven IOAM profiles.  An IOAM profile defines a use case or a
   set of use cases for IOAM, and an associated set of rules that
   restrict the scope and features of the IOAM specification, thereby
   limiting it to a subset of the full functionality.  The motivation
   for defining profiles is to limit the scope of IOAM features,
   allowing simpler implementation, verification, and interoperability
   testing in the context of specific use cases that do not require the
   full functionality of IOAM.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts