Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-ippm-encrypted-pdmv2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 05:18:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics Version 2 (PDMv2) Destination Option
        Authors         : Nalini Elkins
                          Michael Ackermann
                          Ameya Deshpande
                          Tommaso Pecorella
                          Adnan Rashid
	Filename        : draft-elkins-ippm-encrypted-pdmv2-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2022-02-28

Abstract:
   RFC8250 describes an optional Destination Option (DO) header embedded
   in each packet to provide sequence numbers and timing information as
   a basis for measurements.  As this data is sent in clear- text, this
   may create an opportunity for malicious actors to get information for
   subsequent attacks.  This document defines PDMv2 which has a
   lightweight handshake (registration procedure) and encryption to
   secure this data.  Additional performance metrics which may be of use
   are also defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-ippm-encrypted-pdmv2/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-elkins-ippm-encrypted-pdmv2-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-elkins-ippm-encrypted-pdmv2-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts