Subject: I-D Action: draft-oran-icnrg-reflexive-forwarding-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 06:50:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Reflexive Forwarding for CCNx and NDN Protocols
        Authors         : Dave Oran
                          Dirk Kutscher
	Filename        : draft-oran-icnrg-reflexive-forwarding-02.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2022-02-16

Abstract:
   Current Information-Centric Networking protocols such as CCNx and NDN
   have a wide range of useful applications in content retrieval and
   other scenarios that depend only on a robust two-way exchange in the
   form of a request and response (represented by an _Interest-Data
   exchange_ in the case of the two protocols noted above).  A number of
   important applications however, require placing large amounts of data
   in the Interest message, and/or more than one two-way handshake.
   While these can be accomplished using independent Interest-Data
   exchanges by reversing the roles of consumer and producer, such
   approaches can be both clumsy for applications and problematic from a
   state management, congestion control, or security standpoint.  This
   specification proposes a _Reflexive Forwarding_ extension to the CCNx
   and NDN protocol architectures that eliminates the problems inherent
   in using independent Interest-Data exchanges for such applications.
   It updates RFC8569 and RFC8609.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oran-icnrg-reflexive-forwarding/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-oran-icnrg-reflexive-forwarding-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-oran-icnrg-reflexive-forwarding-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts