Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 02:50:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast Source Redundancy in EVPN Networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Jayant Kotalwar
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          Wen Lin
                          Eric C. Rosen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-03.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2022-02-06

Abstract:
   EVPN supports intra and inter-subnet IP multicast forwarding.
   However, EVPN (or conventional IP multicast techniques for that
   matter) do not have a solution for the case where: a) a given
   multicast group carries more than one flow (i.e., more than one
   source), and b) it is desired that each receiver gets only one of the
   several flows.  Existing multicast techniques assume there are no
   redundant sources sending the same flow to the same IP multicast
   group, and, in case there were redundant sources, the receiver's
   application would deal with the received duplicated packets.  This
   document extends the existing EVPN specifications and assumes that IP
   Multicast source redundancy may exist.  It also assumes that, in case
   two or more sources send the same IP Multicast flows into the tenant
   domain, the EVPN PEs need to avoid that the receivers get packet
   duplication by following the described procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts