Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 17:49:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : AS Path Prepending
        Authors         : Mike McBride
                          Doug Madory
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Hongwei Li
                          Jakob Heitz
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-06.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2022-02-17

Abstract:
   AS Path Prepending provides a tool to manipulate the BGP AS_Path
   attribute through prepending multiple entries of an AS.  AS Path
   Prepending is used to deprioritize a route or alternate path.  By
   prepending the local ASN multiple times, ASs can make advertised AS
   paths appear artificially longer.  Excessive AS Path Prepending has
   caused routing issues in the Internet.  This document provides
   guidance with the use of AS Path Prepending, including alternative
   solutions, in order to avoid negatively affecting the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts