Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-bfd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 07:18:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BFD for Multipoint Networks over Point-to-Multi-Point MPLS LSP
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Gyan Mishra
                          Donald Eastlake, 3rd
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-bfd-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2022-02-09

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures for using Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) for multipoint networks to detect data plane failures
   in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) point-to-multipoint (p2mp)
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) and Segment Routing (SR) point-to-
   multipoint policies with SR-MPLS data plane.

   It also describes the applicability of LSP Ping, as in-band, and the
   control plane, as out-band, solutions to bootstrap a BFD session.

   It also describes the behavior of the active tail for head
   notification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-bfd/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-bfd-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts