Subject: I-D Action: draft-hegde-lsr-asla-any-app-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 09:57:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Application Specific Link Attribute (ASLA) Any Application Bit
        Authors         : Shraddha Hegde
                          Ron Bonica
                          Chris Bowers
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Zenbin
                          Dan Voyer
	Filename        : draft-hegde-lsr-asla-any-app-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2022-02-07

Abstract:
   RFC 8919 and RFC 8920 define Application Specific Link Attributes
   (ASLA).  Each ASLA includes an Application Identifier Bit Mask.  The
   Application Identifier Bit Mask includes a Standard Application Bit
   Mask (SABM) and a User Defined Application Bit Mask (UDABM).  The
   SABM and UDABM determine which applications can use the ASLA as an
   input.

   This document introduces a new bit to the Standard Application
   Identifier Bit Mask.  This bit is called the Any Application Bit
   (i.e., the A-bit).  If the A-bit is set, the link attribute can be
   used by any application.  This includes currently defined
   applications as well as applications to be defined in the future.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hegde-lsr-asla-any-app/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hegde-lsr-asla-any-app-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hegde-lsr-asla-any-app-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts