Subject: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-imap-uidonly-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 03:23:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IMAP Extension for only using and returning UIDs
        Authors         : Alexey Melnikov
                          Arun Prakash Achuthan
                          Vikram Nagulakonda
                          Ashutosh Singh
                          Luis Alves
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-imap-uidonly-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2022-02-16

Abstract:
   The UIDONLY extension of the Internet Message Access Protocol (RFC
   3501/RFC 9051) allows clients to request that all information about
   mailbox changes is returned only using UIDs.  Message numbers are not
   going to be returned and can't be used once this extension is
   enabled.  This helps both clients and servers to reduce resource
   usage required for maintenance of message number to UID map.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-imap-uidonly/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-melnikov-imap-uidonly-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts