Subject: I-D Action: draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 06:32:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Management Protocol -- Commands and Responses
        Author          : Roger Price
	Filename        : draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-07.txt
	Pages           : 64
	Date            : 2022-02-26

Abstract:
   This document describes the command/response protocol currently used
   in the management of Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) units and
   other power devices often deployed in small offices, and in IT
   installations subject to an erratic public power supply.  The UPS
   units typically interface to an Attachment Daemon in the system they
   protect.  This daemon is in turn polled by a Management Daemon which
   notifies users and system administrators of power supply incidents,
   and automates system shutdown decisions.  The commands and responses
   described by this document are exchanged between the UPS Attachment
   Daemon and the Management Daemon.  Current practice when this text
   was written risks weak security and this is addressed in the Security
   Considerations sections of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts