Subject: I-D Action: draft-ma-netmod-with-system-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 02:43:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : System-defined Configuration
        Authors         : Qiufang Ma
                          Feng Chong
                          Qin Wu
                          Jan Lindblad
	Filename        : draft-ma-netmod-with-system-01.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2022-02-11

Abstract:
   This document updates NMDA [RFC8342] to define a read-only
   conventional configuration datastore called "system" to hold system-
   defined configurations.  To avoid clients' explicit copy/paste of
   referenced system-defined configuration, a "resolve-system" parameter
   has been defined to allow the server acting as a "system client" to
   populate referenced system-defined nodes automatically.  The solution
   enables clients to reference nodes defined in <system>, overwrite
   values of configurations defined in <system>, and configure
   descendant nodes of system-defined nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ma-netmod-with-system/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ma-netmod-with-system-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ma-netmod-with-system-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts