Subject: I-D Action: draft-trossen-bier-frrm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 04:38:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Realizing Forward Requests Return Multicast Semantic with BIER
        Author          : Dirk Trossen
	Filename        : draft-trossen-bier-frrm-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2022-02-21

Abstract:
   This document introduces a semantic for multicast that is based on
   initiating forward requests, resulting in dynamic return multicast to
   the set of initiating clients.  The key dynamic nature here is
   represented in the return multicast being possibly different for
   every transmission.

   We introduce this semantic more formally, present exemplifying use
   cases and then focus on realizing this semantic using BIER
   technology.

   Although this document formally introduces the FRRM semantic as a new
   communication semantic, it does not intend to show the realization of
   it through any other means besides BIER.  This is left for separate
   documents, if desired.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trossen-bier-frrm/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trossen-bier-frrm-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts