Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-bier-te-frr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 08:42:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BIER-TE Fast ReRoute
        Authors         : Huaimo Chen
                          Mike McBride
                          Yisong Liu
                          Aijun Wang
                          Gyan S. Mishra
                          Yanhe Fan
                          Lei Liu
                          Xufeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-chen-bier-te-frr-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2022-02-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for fast re-route (FRR)
   protection against the failure of a transit node or link on an
   explicit point to multipoint (P2MP) multicast path/tree in a "Bit
   Index Explicit Replication" (BIER) Traffic Engineering (TE) domain.
   It does not have any per-path state in the core.  For a multicast
   packet to traverse a transit node along an explicit P2MP path, when
   the node fails, its upstream hop node as a PLR reroutes the packet
   around the failed node along the P2MP path once it detects the
   failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-bier-te-frr/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-bier-te-frr-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-bier-te-frr-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts