Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-6man-fragrep-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 13:14:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Fragment Retransmission and Path MTU Discovery Soft Errors
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-6man-fragrep-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2022-02-09

Abstract:
   Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) provides a fragmentation and
   reassembly service for end systems allowing for the transmission of
   packets that exceed the path MTU.  However, loss of individual
   fragments requires retransmission of original packets in their
   entirety leading to cascading reassembly failures.  This document
   specifies an IPv6 fragment retransmission scheme that matches the
   loss unit to the retransmission unit.  The document further specifies
   an update to Path MTU Discovery that distinguishes hard link size
   restrictions from reassembly congestion events.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-6man-fragrep/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-6man-fragrep-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-6man-fragrep-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts