Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 17:04:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Framework for In-situ Flow Information Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Huanan Chen
                          Jaehwan Jin
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-17.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2022-02-22

Abstract:
   As network scale increases and network operation becomes more
   sophisticated, existing Operation, Administration, and Maintenance
   (OAM) methods are no longer sufficient to meet the monitoring and
   measurement requirements.  Emerging data-plane on-path telemetry
   techniques which provide high-precision flow insight and which issue
   notifications in real time can supplement existing proactive and
   reactive methods that run in active and passive modes.  These new
   approaches are collectively known as in-situ flow information
   telemetry (IFIT).  They enable quality of experience for users and
   applications, and identification of network faults and deficiencies.

   This document outlines a high-level framework for IFIT to collect and
   correlate performance measurement information from the network.  It
   identifies the components that coordinate existing protocol tools and
   telemetry mechanisms, and addresses deployment challenges for flow-
   oriented on-path telemetry techniques, especially in carrier
   networks.

   The document is a guide for system designers applying the referenced
   techniques.  It is also intended to motivate further work to enhance
   the OAM ecosystem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-17

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts