Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 05:39:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Flow Specification Version 2
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Chaitanya Yadlapalli
                          Sven Maduschke
	Filename        : draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-05.txt
	Pages           : 68
	Date            : 2022-02-04

Abstract:
   BGP flow specification version 1 (FSv1), defined in RFC 8955, RFC
   8956, and RFC 9117 describes the distribution of traffic filter
   policy (traffic filters and actions) distributed via BGP.  Multiple
   applications have used BGP FSv1 to distribute traffic filter policy.
   These applications include the following: mitigation of denial of
   service (DoS), enabling traffic filtering in BGP/MPLS VPNs,
   centralized traffic control of router firewall functions, and SFC
   traffic insertion.

   During the deployment of BGP FSv1 a number of issues were detected
   due to lack of consistent TLV encoding for rules for flow
   specifications, lack of user ordering of filter rules and/or actions,
   and lack of clear definition of interaction with BGP peers not
   supporting FSv1.  Version 2 of the BGP flow specification (FSv2)
   protocol addresses these features.  In order to provide a clear
   demarcation between FSv1 and FSv2, a different NLRI encapsulates
   FSv2.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts