Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 02:15:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scalability Considerations for Network Resource Partition
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Liyan Gong
                          Guangming Yang
                          James N Guichard
                          Gyan Mishra
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Tarek Saad
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
	Filename        : draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2022-02-07

Abstract:
   The IETF Network Slice service aims to meet the connectivity demands
   of a network slice customer with specific Service Level Objectives
   (SLOs) and Service Level Expectations (SLEs) over a common underlay
   network.  A Network Resource Partition (NRP) is a set of network
   resources that are allocated from the underlay network to carry a
   specific set of network traffic and meet the required SLOs and SLEs.
   One or multiple IETF Network Slice services can be mapped to one NRP.

   As the demand for IETF Network Slice services increases, scalability
   would become an important factor for the large scale deployment of
   IETF Network Slices.  Although the scalability of IETF Network Slices
   can be improved by mapping a group of IETF Network Slices to one NRP,
   there are concerns about the scalability of NRPs.  This document
   describes the scalability considerations about NRPs in the network
   control plane and data plane, and some optimization mechanisms are
   proposed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-teas-nrp-scalability-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts