Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-bierin6-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 18:58:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Supporting BIER in IPv6 Networks (BIERin6)
        Authors         : Zheng(Sandy) Zhang
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Mankamana Mishra
                          Hooman Bidgoli
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-bierin6-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2022-02-03

Abstract:
   BIER is a multicast forwarding architecture that does not require
   per-flow state inside the network yet still provides optimal
   replication.  This document describes how the existing BIER
   encapsulation specified in RFC 8296 works in a non-MPLS IPv6 network,
   which is referred to as BIERin6.  Specifically, like in an IPv4
   network, BIER can work over L2 links directly or over tunnels.  In
   case of IPv6 tunneling, a new IP "Next Header" type is to be assigned
   for BIER.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-bierin6/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-bierin6-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-bierin6-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts