Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:56:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC WG of the IETF.

        Title           : QUIC-LB: Generating Routable QUIC Connection IDs
        Authors         : Martin Duke
                          Nick Banks
                          Christian Huitema
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-12.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2022-02-11

Abstract:
   The QUIC protocol design is resistant to transparent packet
   inspection, injection, and modification by intermediaries.  However,
   the server can explicitly cooperate with network services by agreeing
   to certain conventions and/or sharing state with those services.
   This specification provides a standardized means of solving three
   problems: (1) maintaining routability to servers via a low-state load
   balancer even when the connection IDs in use change; (2) explicit
   encoding of the connection ID length in all packets to assist
   hardware accelerators; and (3) injection of QUIC Retry packets by an
   anti-Denial-of-Service agent on behalf of the server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-12.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts