Subject: I-D Action: draft-zubov-snif-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:53:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deploying Publicly Trusted TLS Servers on IoT Devices Using SNI-based End-to-End TLS Forwarding (SNIF)
        Author          : Jim Zubov
	Filename        : draft-zubov-snif-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2022-02-07

Abstract:
   This document proposes a solution, referred as SNIF, that provides
   the means for any Internet connected device to:

   *  allocate a globally unique anonymous hostname;

   *  obtain and maintain a publicly trusted X.509 certificate issued
      for the allocated hostname;

   *  accept incoming TLS connections on specific TCP ports of the
      allocated hostname from any TLS clients that are capable of
      sending Server Name Indication.

   The private key associated with the X.509 certificate is securely
   stored on the TLS terminating device, and is never exposed to any
   other party at any step of the process.

About This Document

   This note is to be removed before publishing as an RFC.

   Status information for this document may be found at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zubov-snif.

   Information can be found at https://snif.host.

   Source for this draft and an issue tracker can be found at
   https://github.com/vesvault/snif-i-d.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zubov-snif/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-zubov-snif-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zubov-snif-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts