Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 10:38:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS over Dedicated QUIC Connections
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Allison Mankin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-09.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2022-02-08

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of QUIC to provide transport privacy
   for DNS.  The encryption provided by QUIC has similar properties to
   that provided by TLS, while QUIC transport eliminates the head-of-
   line blocking issues inherent with TCP and provides more efficient
   packet loss recovery than UDP.  DNS over QUIC (DoQ) has privacy
   properties similar to DNS over TLS (DoT) specified in RFC7858, and
   latency characteristics similar to classic DNS over UDP.  This
   specification describes the use of DNS over QUIC as a general-purpose
   transport for DNS and includes the use of DNS over QUIC for stub to
   recursive, recursive to authoritative, and zone transfer scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts