Subject: I-D Action: draft-lyy-detnet-ref-delay-measurement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 19:27:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : One-way Delay Measurement Based on Reference Delay
        Authors         : Hongwei Yang
                          Kehan Yao
	Filename        : draft-lyy-detnet-ref-delay-measurement-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2022-02-28

Abstract:
   The end-to-end network one-way delay is an important performance
   metric in the 5G network.  For realizing the accurate one-way delay
   measurement, existing methods requires the end-to-end deployment of
   accurate clock synchronization mechanism, such as PTP or GPS, which
   results in relatively high deployment cost.  Another method can
   derive the one-way delay from the round-trip delay.  In this case,
   since the delay of the downlink and uplink may be asymmetric, the
   measurement accuracy is relatively low.  Hence, this document
   introduces a method to measure the end-to-end network one-way delay
   based on a reference delay guaranteed by deterministic networking
   without clock synchronization.The advantage of this solution is that
   it has high measurement accuracy and can test any flow type.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lyy-detnet-ref-delay-measurement/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lyy-detnet-ref-delay-measurement-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts