Subject: I-D Action: draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 05:13:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scalability of IPv6 Transition Technologies for IPv4aaS
        Author          : Gabor Lencse
	Filename        : draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2022-02-21

Abstract:
   Several IPv6 transition technologies have been developed to provide
   customers with IPv4-as-a-Service (IPv4aaS) for ISPs with an IPv6-only
   access and/or core network.  All these technologies have their
   advantages and disadvantages, and depending on existing topology,
   skills, strategy and other preferences, one of these technologies may
   be the most appropriate solution for a network operator.

   This document examines the scalability of the five most prominent
   IPv4aaS technologies (464XLAT, Dual Stack Lite, Lightweight 4over6,
   MAP-E, MAP-T) considering two aspects: (1) how their performance
   scales up with the number of CPU cores, (2) how their performance
   degrades, when the number of concurrent sessions is increased until
   hardware limit is reached.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts