Subject: I-D Action: draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 21:01:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Virtualization of PLC in Industrial Networks - Problem Statement
        Authors         : Kiran Makhijani
                          Lijun Dong
	Filename        : draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2022-02-21

Abstract:
   Industrial networks are physically separated from the enterprise
   networks and have been slow to adopt virtualization technologies.
   Virtualization is necessary to remove the boundaries between the
   enterprise and process control networks.  Virtualization of
   Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) can improve the automation in
   Industry control networks by simplifying communication between
   higher-level applications and low-level factory floor machine
   operations.  It provides an opportunity to integrate a diverse set of
   non-internet protocols supporting Industrial-IoT and IP connections.
   This document describes the details and benefits of virtualized PLCs
   and focuses on the problem statement and requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts