Subject: I-D Action: draft-chan-tsvwg-eipf-cgnat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 19:36:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Enhanced Port Forwarding functions with CGNAT
        Author          : Louis Chan
	Filename        : draft-chan-tsvwg-eipf-cgnat-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2022-02-21

Abstract:
   There is a need for peer-to-peer (P2P) communication under the use of
CGNAT in    service providers. With the combination of home gateway, this becomes
NAT444. 
   In RFC5128, methods of using UDP hole punching solves the problem partially
when    EIM (Endpoint-Independent Mapping) is supported in NAT device in the
path, and    there exists a common rendezvous server.

   The success rate of UDP hole punching is high, but not TCP hole punching
in    practical world. Also, the P2P solution requires a common server in
the public    internet to exchange the IP and port information.

   In this draft, a method is described to achieve incoming TCP or UDP session
without    a common rendezvous server in NAT444 situation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chan-tsvwg-eipf-cgnat/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chan-tsvwg-eipf-cgnat-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts