Subject: I-D Action: draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 07:09:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Impact of DLTs on Provider Networks
        Authors         : Dirk Trossen
                          David Guzman
	Filename        : draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2022-02-14

Abstract:
   This document discusses the impact of distributed ledger technologies
   being realized over IP-based provider networks.  The focus here lies
   on the impact that the DLT communication patterns have on efficiency
   of resource usage in the underlying networks.  We provide initial
   insights into experimental results to quantify this impact in terms
   of inefficient and wasted communication, aligned along challenges
   that the DLT realization over IP networks faces.

   This document is intended to outline this impact but also
   opportunities for network innovations to improve on the identified
   impact as well as the overall service quality.  While this document
   does not promote specific solutions that capture those opportunities,
   it invites the wider community working on DLT and network solutions
   alike to contribute to the insights in this document to aid future
   research and development into possible solution concepts and
   technologies.

   The findings presented here have first been reported within the
   similarly titled whitepaper released by the Industry IoT Consortium
   [IIC_whitepaper].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts