Subject: I-D Action: draft-multiformats-multihash-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 06:21:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Multihash Data Format
        Authors         : Juan Benet
                          Manu Sporny
	Filename        : draft-multiformats-multihash-04.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2022-02-16

Abstract:
   Cryptographic hash functions often have multiple output sizes and
   encodings.  This variability makes it difficult for applications to
   examine a series of bytes and determine which hash function produced
   them.  Multihash is a universal data format for encoding outputs from
   hash functions.  It is useful to write applications that can
   simultaneously support different hash function outputs as well as
   upgrade their use of hashes over time; Multihash is intended to
   address these needs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-multiformats-multihash/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-multiformats-multihash-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-multiformats-multihash-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts