Subject: I-D Action: draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 01:50:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Common implementation anti-patterns related to Domain Name System (DNS) resource record (RR) processing
        Authors         : Stanislav Dashevskyi
                          Daniel dos Santos
                          Jos Wetzels
                          Amine Amri
	Filename        : draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2022-03-21

Abstract:
   This memo describes common vulnerabilities related to Domain Name
   System (DNS) response record (RR) processing as seen in several DNS
   client implementations. These vulnerabilities may lead to successful
   Denial-of-Service and Remote Code Execution attacks against the
   affected software. Where applicable, violations of RFC 1035 are
   mentioned.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts