Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-multiple-ke-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 02:31:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multiple Key Exchanges in IKEv2
        Authors         : C. Tjhai
                          M. Tomlinson
                          G. Bartlett
                          S. Fluhrer
                          D. Van Geest
                          O. Garcia-Morchon
                          Valery Smyslov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-multiple-ke-05.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2022-03-28

Abstract:
   This document describes how to extend the Internet Key Exchange
   Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) to allow multiple key exchanges to take
   place while computing a shared secret during a Security Association
   (SA) setup.  The primary application of this feature in IKEv2 is the
   ability to perform one or more post-quantum key exchanges in
   conjunction with the classical (Elliptic Curve) Diffie-Hellman key
   exchange, so that the resulting shared key is resistant against
   quantum computer attacks.  Another possible application is the
   ability to combine several key exchanges in situations when no single
   key exchange algorithm is trusted by both initiator and responder.

   This document updates RFC7296 by renaming a transform type 4 from
   "Diffie-Hellman Group (D-H)" to "Key Exchange Method (KE)" and
   renaming a field in the Key Exchange Payload from "Diffie-Hellman
   Group Num" to "Key Exchange Method".  It also renames an IANA
   registry for this transform type from "Transform Type 4 - Diffie-
   Hellman Group Transform IDs" to "Transform Type 4 - Key Exchange
   Method Transform IDs".  These changes generalize key exchange
   algorithms that can be used in IKEv2.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-multiple-ke/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-multiple-ke-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-multiple-ke-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts