Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-compound-ack-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 05:38:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : SCHC Compound ACK
        Authors         : Juan Carlos Zúñiga
                          Carles Gomez
                          Sergio Aguilar
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Sandra Céspedes
                          Diego Wistuba
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-compound-ack-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2022-03-21

Abstract:
   The present document describes an extension to the SCHC (Static
   Context Header Compression and fragmentation) protocol [RFC8724].  It
   defines a SCHC Compound ACK message format and procedure, which are
   intended to reduce the number of response transmissions (i.e., SCHC
   ACKs) in the ACK-on-Error mode, by accumulating bitmaps of several
   windows in a single SCHC message (i.e., the SCHC Compound ACK).

   Both message format and procedure are generic, so they can be used,
   for instance, by any of the four LWPAN technologies defined in
   [RFC8376], being Sigfox, LoRaWAN, NB-IoT and IEEE 802.15.4w.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-compound-ack/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-compound-ack-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-compound-ack-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts