Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 11:54:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Framework for IETF Network Slices
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
                          Reza Rokui
                          Shunsuke Homma
                          Kiran Makhijani
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices-10.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2022-03-27

Abstract:
   This document describes network slicing in the context of networks
   built from IETF technologies.  It defines the term "IETF Network
   Slice" and establishes the general principles of network slicing in
   the IETF context.

   The document discusses the general framework for requesting and
   operating IETF Network Slices, the characteristics of an IETF Network
   Slice, the necessary system components and interfaces, and how
   abstract requests can be mapped to more specific technologies.  The
   document also discusses related considerations with monitoring and
   security.

   This document also provides definitions of related terms to enable
   consistent usage in other IETF documents that describe or use aspects
   of IETF Network Slices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices-10.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts