Subject: I-D Action: draft-andersson-mpls-miad-fwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 02:07:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS MIAD Framework
        Authors         : Loa Andersson
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Matthew Bocci
	Filename        : draft-andersson-mpls-miad-fwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2022-03-02

Abstract:
   This document specifies an architectural framework for the
   application of the MPLS Indicator and Ancillary Data (MIAD)
   technologies.  MIAD techmologies are used to indicate actions (I) for
   LSPs and/or packets and to transfer data needed for these actions
   (AD).

   The document describes a common set of protocol functions and
   information elements - the MPLS Indicartor and Ancillary Data -
   supporting additional operational models and capabilities of MPLS
   netwroks that support these functions.  Some of these functions are
   defined in existing MPLS specifications, while others require
   extensions to existing specifications to meet the requirements in the
   MIAD requirement specification.

   This document is the result of work started in MPLS Open Desgign
   Team, with participation by the MPLS, PALS and DETNET working groups.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andersson-mpls-miad-fwk/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-andersson-mpls-miad-fwk-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts