Subject: I-D Action: draft-duke-httpbis-quic-version-alt-svc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 13:04:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Alt-Svc Parameter for QUIC Versions
        Authors         : Martin Duke
                          Lucas Pardue
	Filename        : draft-duke-httpbis-quic-version-alt-svc-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   HTTP Alternative Services (Alt-Svc) describes how one origin's
   resource can be accessed via a different protocol/host/port
   combination.  Alternatives are advertised by servers using the Alt-
   Svc header field or the ALTSVC frame.  This includes a protocol name,
   which reuses Application Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN)
   codepoints.  The "h3" codepoint indicates the availability of HTTP/3.
   A client that uses such an alternative first makes a QUIC connection.
   However, without a priori knowledge of which QUIC version to use,
   clients might incur a round-trip latency penalty to complete QUIC
   version negotiation, or forfeit desirable properties of a QUIC
   version.  This document specifies a new Alt-Svc parameter that
   specifies alternative supported QUIC versions, which substantially
   reduces the chance of this penalty.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-httpbis-quic-version-alt-svc/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-duke-httpbis-quic-version-alt-svc-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts