Subject: I-D Action: draft-rdb-ohai-feedback-to-proxy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 21:55:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Oblivious Proxy Feedback
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-rdb-ohai-feedback-to-proxy-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2022-03-06

Abstract:
   To provide equitable service to clients, servers often rate-limit
   incoming requests, often based upon the source IP address.  However,
   oblivious HTTP removes the ability for the server to distinguish
   amongst clients so the server can only rate-limit traffic from the
   oblivious proxy.  This harms all clients behind that oblivious proxy.

   This specification provides feedback from a server to an oblivious
   proxy, enabling the oblivious proxy to rate-limit incoming requests
   from clients.  Cooperating oblivious proxies can thus provide more
   equitable service to their distinguishable clients without triggering
   rate-limiting on the request resource or the target resource that
   would impact all clients behind that Oblivious proxy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rdb-ohai-feedback-to-proxy/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rdb-ohai-feedback-to-proxy-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts