Subject: I-D Action: draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 01:14:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Considerations for Benchmarking Network Performance in Containerized Infrastructures
        Authors         : Kyoungjae Sun
                          Hyunsik Yang
                          Jangwon Lee
                          Tran Minh Ngoc
                          Younghan Kim
	Filename        : draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-08.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2022-03-05

Abstract:
   This draft describes considerations for benchmarking network
   performance in containerized infrastructures.  In the containerized
   infrastructure, Virtualized Network Functions(VNFs) are deployed on
   an operating-system-level virtualization platform by abstracting the
   user namespace as opposed to virtualization using a hypervisor.
   Hence, the system configurations and networking scenarios for
   benchmarking will be partially changed by how the resource allocation
   and network technologies are specified for containerized VNFs.  This
   draft compares the state of the art in the container networking
   architecture with VM-based virtualized systems networking
   architecture and provides several test scenarios for benchmarking
   network performance in containerized infrastructures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-08.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts