Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-lsvr-bgp-spf-nrp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 02:22:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP SPF for Network Resource Partitions
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Haibo Wang
	Filename        : draft-dong-lsvr-bgp-spf-nrp-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   A VTN is a virtual underlay network which has customized network
   topology and a set of dedicated or shared network resources.  Network
   Resource Partition (NRP) refers to a set of network resources that
   are available to carry traffic and meet the SLOs and SLEs.  Multiple
   NRPs can be created in a network to provide different Virtual
   Transport Networks (VTN) to meet the requirements of different
   services or different service groups.

   As the number of NRP increases, there can be scalability concerns
   about using Interial Gateway Protocols (IGP) to distribute the NRP
   information in the network.  In networks where BGP Shortest Path
   First (SPF) can used as the underlay routing mechanism to distribute
   the link-state information among network nodes, the information of
   NRPs needs to be distributed along with the basic network
   information.  This document specifies the BGP SPF mechanisms with
   necessary extensions to distribute the NRP information and perform
   NRP-specific path computation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-lsvr-bgp-spf-nrp/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-lsvr-bgp-spf-nrp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts