Subject: I-D Action: draft-filsfils-spring-path-tracing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 07:48:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path Tracing in SRv6 networks
        Authors         : Clarence Filsfils
                          Ahmed Abdelsalam
                          Pablo Camarillo Garvia
                          Mark Yufit
                          Thomas Graf
                          Yuanchao Su
                          Satoru Matsushima
	Filename        : draft-filsfils-spring-path-tracing-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   Path Tracing provides a record of the packet path as a sequence of
   interface ids.  In addition, it provides a record of end-to-end
   delay, per-hop delay, and load on each egress interface along the
   packet delivery path.

   Path Tracing allows to trace 14 hops with only a 40-bytes IPv6 Hop-
   by-Hop extension header.

   Path Tracing supports fine grained timestamp.  It has been designed
   for linerate hardware implementation in the base pipeline.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfils-spring-path-tracing/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-filsfils-spring-path-tracing-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts