Subject: I-D Action: draft-becker-guthrie-cert-binding-for-multi-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 08:30:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Binding Certificates for Multiple Authentications within a Protocol
        Authors         : Alison Becker
                          Rebecca Guthrie
                          Michael Jenkins
	Filename        : draft-becker-guthrie-cert-binding-for-multi-auth-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2022-03-21

Abstract:
   This document defines a new CSR attribute, bindingRequest, and a new
   X.509 certificate extension, BoundCertificates.  The use of the
   bindingRequest attribute in a CSR and the inclusion of the
   BoundCertificates extension in the resulting certificate together
   provide additional assurance that multiple certificates each belong
   to the same end entity.  This mechanism is particularly useful in the
   context of non-composite hybrid authentication, which enables users
   to employ the same certificates in hybrid authentication as in
   authentication done with only traditional or PQ algorithms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-becker-guthrie-cert-binding-for-multi-auth/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-becker-guthrie-cert-binding-for-multi-auth-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts