Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 22:36:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Mobility aware Transport Network Slicing for 5G
        Authors         : Uma Chunduri
                          John Kaippallimalil
                          Sridhar Bhaskaran
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Praveen Muley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2022-03-05

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework and mapping of slices in 5G
   mobile systems to transport network slices in IP, Layer 2 or Layer 1
   transport networks.  Slices in 5G systems are characterized by
   latency bounds, reservation guarantees, jitter, data rates,
   availability, mobility speed, usage density, criticality and
   priority.  These characteristics are mapped to transport network
   slice include bandwidth, latency and criteria such as isolation,
   directionality and disjoint routes.  Mobile slice criteria are mapped
   to the appropriate transport slice and capabilities offered in
   backhaul, midhaul and fronthaul connectivity segments between radio
   side network functions and user plane function(gateway).

   This document describes how a mobile network slice is mapped to a
   slice in IP or Layer 2 transport network between 3GPP provisioning
   end points.  The same mapping mechanisms apply during initial UE
   session setup and following UE mobility.  Applicability of this
   framework and underlying transport networks, which can enable
   different slice properties are also discussed.  This is based on
   mapping between mobile and transport underlays (L2, Segment Routing,
   IPv6, MPLS and IPv4).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts