Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-coinrg-use-cases-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 02:53:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Computing in the Network Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Use Cases for In-Network Computing
        Authors         : Ike Kunze
                          Klaus Wehrle
                          Dirk Trossen
                          Marie-Jose Montpetit
                          Xavier de Foy
                          David Griffin
                          Miguel Rio
	Filename        : draft-irtf-coinrg-use-cases-02.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   Computing in the Network (COIN) comes with the prospect of deploying
   processing functionality on networking devices, such as switches and
   network interface cards.  While such functionality can be beneficial
   in several contexts, it has to be carefully placed into the context
   of the general Internet communication.

   This document discusses some use cases to demonstrate how real
   applications can benefit from COIN and to showcase essential
   requirements that have to be fulfilled by COIN applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-coinrg-use-cases/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-coinrg-use-cases-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-coinrg-use-cases-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts