Subject: I-D Action: draft-yorgos-dnsop-dry-run-dnssec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 06:33:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : dry-run DNSSEC
        Authors         : Yorgos Thessalonikefs
                          Willem Toorop
                          Roy Arends
	Filename        : draft-yorgos-dnsop-dry-run-dnssec-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a method called "dry-run DNSSEC" that allows
   for testing DNSSEC deployments without affecting the DNS service in
   case of DNSSEC errors.  It accomplishes that by introducing a new DS
   Type Digest Algorithm that signals to validating resolvers that dry-
   run DNSSEC is used for the zone.  DNSSEC errors are then reported
   with DNS Error Reporting, but the bogus response is withheld.
   Instead resolvers fallback from dry-run DNSSEC and provide the
   response that would have been answered without the presence of a dry-
   run DS.  A further option is presented for clients to opt-in for dry-
   run DNSSEC errors and allow for end-to-end DNSSEC testing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yorgos-dnsop-dry-run-dnssec/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-yorgos-dnsop-dry-run-dnssec-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts