Subject: I-D Action: draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 05:06:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Impact of DLTs on Provider Networks
        Authors         : Dirk Trossen
                          David Guzman
                          Mike Mc Bride
                          Xinxin Fan
	Filename        : draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2022-03-02

Abstract:
   This document discusses the impact of distributed ledger technologies
   being realized over IP-based provider networks.  The focus here lies
   on the impact that the DLT communication patterns have on efficiency
   of resource usage in the underlying networks.  We provide initial
   insights into experimental results to quantify this impact in terms
   of inefficient and wasted communication, aligned along challenges
   that the DLT realization over IP networks faces.

   This document intends to outline this impact but also opportunities
   for network innovations to improve on the identified impact as well
   as the overall service quality.  While this document does not promote
   specific solutions that capture those opportunities, it invites the
   wider community working on DLT and network solutions alike to
   contribute to the insights in this document to aid future research
   and development into possible solution concepts and technologies.

   The findings presented here have first been reported within the
   similarly titled whitepaper released by the Industry IoT Consortium
   (IIC) [IIC_whitepaper].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-trossen-rtgwg-impact-of-dlts-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts