Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 07:58:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Yet Another Double address and Translation Technique
        Author          : Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2022-03-28

Abstract:
   This document provides a mechanism named YADA to extend the current
   IPv4 Internet by interconnecting IPv4 realms via a common footprint
   called the shaft.  YADA extends [INT-ARCHI] with the support of an
   IP-in-IP format used to tunnel packets across the shaft.  This
   document also provides a bump-in-the-stack method to enable YADA on a
   legacy stack, e.g., to enable virtual machines without changing them.
   This document also provides a stateless address and IP header
   translation between YADA and IPv6 [IPv6] called YATT and extends
   [IPv6-addressING] for the YATT format.  YATT can take place as a bump
   in the stack at either end, or within the network and enables an
   IPv6-only stack to dialog with an IPv4-only stack across a network
   that can be IPv6, IPv4, or mixed.  YATT requires that the IPv6 stack
   owns a prefix that derives from a YADA address and the IPv4 stack is
   capable of YADA, so it does not replace a generic 4 to 6 translation
   mechanism for any v6 to any v4.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts