Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 04:31:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework for End-to-End IETF Network Slicing
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Jie Dong
                          Ran Pang
                          Yongqing Zhu
	Filename        : draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   Network slicing can be used to meet the connectivity and performance
   requirement of different services or customers in a shared network.
   An IETF network slice may be used for 5G or other network scenarios.
   In the context of 5G, the 5G end-to-end network slices consist of
   three major types of network technology domains: Radio Access Network
   (RAN), Transport Network (TN) and Core Network (CN).  The transport
   network slice can be realized as IETF network slices.  In the
   transport network, the IETF network slice may span multiple network
   administrative domains.

   In order to facilitate the mapping between network slices in
   different network technology domains and administrative domains, it
   is beneficial to carry the identifiers related to the 5G end-to-end
   network slice, the multi-domain IETF network slice together with the
   intra-domain network slice related identifier in the data packet.

   This document describes the framework of end-to-end IETF network
   slicing, and introduces the identifiers related to 5G end-to-end
   network slice and the multi-domain IETF network slice.  These
   identifiers can be carried in the data packet.  The roles of the
   different identifiers in packet forwarding is also described.  The
   network slice identifiers may be instantiated with different data
   planes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-teas-e2e-ietf-network-slicing-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts