Subject: I-D Action: draft-benecke-cfbl-address-header-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 02:22:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Complaint Feedback Loop Address Header
        Author          : Jan-Philipp Benecke
	Filename        : draft-benecke-cfbl-address-header-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a method that allows an email sender to
   specify a complaint feedback loop (FBL) address as an email header.
   Also it defines the rules for processing and forwarding such a
   complaint.  The motivation for this arises out of the absence of a
   standardized and automated way to provide mailbox providers with an
   address for a complaint feedback loop.  Currently, providing and
   maintaining such an address is a manual and time-consuming process
   for email senders and providers.

   It is unclear, at the time of publication, whether the function
   provided by this document has widespread demand, and whether the
   mechanism offered will be adopted and found to be useful.  Therefore,
   this is being published as an Experiment, looking for a constituency
   of implementers and deployers, and for feedback on the operational
   utility.  The document is produced through the Independent RFC stream
   and was not subject to the IETF's approval process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-benecke-cfbl-address-header/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-benecke-cfbl-address-header-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-benecke-cfbl-address-header-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts