Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuhn-quic-careful-resume-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 08:34:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Carefully Resume QUIC Session
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Emile Stephan
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          Tom Jones
                          Christian Huitema
	Filename        : draft-kuhn-quic-careful-resume-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2022-03-06

Abstract:
   This document provides a method to allow a QUIC session to carefully
   resume using a previously utilised Internet path.

   The method uses a set of computed congestion control parameters that
   are based on the previously observed path characteristics, such as
   the bottleneck bandwidth, available capacity, or the RTT.  These
   parameters are stored and can then used to modify the congestion
   control behaviour of a subsequent connection.  The draft discusses
   assumptions around how a server ought to utilise the parameters to
   provide opportunities for a new flow to more quickly get up to speed
   (i.e. utilise available capacity).  It discusses how these changes
   impact the capacity at a shared network bottleneck and the response
   that is needed after any indication that the new rate is
   inappropriate.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuhn-quic-careful-resume/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuhn-quic-careful-resume-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts