Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:10:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Completely Encrypting RTP Header Extensions and Contributing Sources
        Authors         : Justin Uberti
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Sergio Garcia Murillo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   While the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) provides
   confidentiality for the contents of a media packet, a significant
   amount of metadata is left unprotected, including RTP header
   extensions and contributing sources (CSRCs).  However, this data can
   be moderately sensitive in many applications.  While there have been
   previous attempts to protect this data, they have had limited
   deployment, due to complexity as well as technical limitations.

   This document defines Cryptex as a new mechanism that completely
   encrypts header extensions and CSRCs and uses simpler signaling with
   the goal of facilitating deployment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts