Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cose-hpke-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 03:05:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Use of Hybrid Public-Key Encryption (HPKE) with CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)
        Authors         : Hannes Tschofenig
                          Russ Housley
                          Brendan Moran
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cose-hpke-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   This specification defines hybrid public-key encryption (HPKE) for
   use with CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE).  HPKE offers a
   variant of public-key encryption of arbitrary-sized plaintexts for a
   recipient public key.

   HPKE works for any combination of an asymmetric key encapsulation
   mechanism (KEM), key derivation function (KDF), and authenticated
   encryption with additional data (AEAD) encryption function.
   Authentication for HPKE in COSE is provided by COSE-native security
   mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-hpke/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cose-hpke-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cose-hpke-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts