Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 00:29:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP-LS Extensions for Scalable Segment Routing based Enhanced VPN
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhibo Hu
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Xiongyan Tang
                          Ran Pang
	Filename        : draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-04.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   Enhanced VPN (VPN+) aims to provide enhanced VPN services to support
   some applications' needs of enhanced isolation and stringent
   performance requirements.  VPN+ requires integration between the
   overlay VPN connectivity and the resources and characteristics
   provided by the underlay network.  A Virtual Transport Network (VTN)
   is a virtual underlay network which can be used to support one or a
   group of VPN+ services.  In the context of network slicing, a VTN
   could be instantiated as a network resource partition (NRP).

   This document specifies the BGP-LS mechanisms with necessary
   extensions to advertise the information of scalable Segment Routing
   (SR) based NRPs to a centralized network controller.  Each NRP can
   have a customized topology and a set of network resources allocated
   from the physical network.  Multiple NRPs may shared the same
   topology, and multiple NRPs may share the same set of network
   resources on specific network segments.  This allows flexible
   combination of network topology and network resource attributes to
   build a large number of NRPs with a relatively small number of
   logical topologies.  The proposed mechanism is applicable to both
   segment routing with MPLS data plane (SR-MPLS) and segment routing
   with IPv6 data plane (SRv6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts