Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 05:06:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dynamic-Anycast (Dyncast) Use Cases and Problem Statement
        Authors         : Peng Liu
                          Philip Eardley
                          Dirk Trossen
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Cheng Li
	Filename        : draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   Many service providers have been exploring distributed computing
   techniques to achieve better service response time and optimized
   energy consumption.  Such techniques rely upon the distribution of
   computing services and capabilities over many locations in the
   network, such as its edge, the metro region, virtualized central
   office, and other locations.  In such a distributed computing
   environment, providing services by utilizing computing resources
   hosted in various computing facilities (e.g., edges) is being
   considered, e.g., for computationally intensive and delay sensitive
   services.  Ideally, services should be computationally balanced using
   service-specific metrics instead of simply dispatching the service
   requests in a static way or optimizing solely connectivity metrics.
   For example, systematically directing end user-originated service
   requests to the geographically closest edge or some small computing
   units may lead to an unbalanced usage of computing resources, which
   may then degrade both the user experience and the overall service
   performance.

   This document provides an overview of scenarios and problems
   associated with realizing such scenarios, identifying key engineering
   investigation areas which require adequate architectures and
   protocols to achieve balanced computing and networking resource
   utilization among facilities providing the services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts