Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-idr-sr-policy-metric-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 00:57:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP SR Policy Extensions for metric
        Authors         : Ka Zhang
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-zhang-idr-sr-policy-metric-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2022-03-05

Abstract:
   SR Policy candidate paths can be represented in BGP UPDATE messages.
   BGP can then be used to propagate the SR Policy candidate paths to
   the headend nodes in the network.  After SR Policy is installed on
   the ingress node, the packets can be steered into SR Policy through
   route selection.  Therefore, route selection may be performed on the
   ingress node of the SR Policy.  If there are multiple routes to the
   same destination, the route selection node can select routes based on
   the local policy.  The local policy may use the IGP metric of the
   selected path, which is the IGP Metric of the SR Policy.  Thus the
   BGP UPDATE message need carry the metric of each segment list of the
   SR Policy Candidate Path, which can be used in path selection of
   routing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-idr-sr-policy-metric/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-idr-sr-policy-metric-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts