Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-intarea-parcels-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 08:13:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IP Parcels
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-intarea-parcels-10.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2022-03-29

Abstract:
   IP packets (both IPv4 and IPv6) are understood to contain a unit of
   data which becomes the retransmission unit in case of loss.  Upper
   layer protocols such as the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
   prepare data units known as "segments", with traditional arrangements
   including a single segment per packet.  This document presents a new
   construct known as the "IP Parcel" which permits a single packet to
   carry multiple segments, essentially creating a "packet-of-packets".
   IP parcels provide an essential building block for accommodating
   larger Maximum Transmission Units (MTUs) in the Internet as discussed
   in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-intarea-parcels/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-intarea-parcels-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-intarea-parcels-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts