Subject: I-D Action: draft-pep-general-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 10:50:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Privacy by Default
        Authors         : Volker Birk
                          Hernani Marques
                          Bernie Hoeneisen
	Filename        : draft-pep-general-00.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2022-03-03

Abstract:
   The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) model and protocols describe a set of
   conventions for the automation of operations traditionally seen as
   barriers to the use and deployment of secure, privacy-preserving end-
   to-end messaging.  These include, but are not limited to, key
   management, key discovery, and private key handling (including peer-
   to-peer synchronization of private keys and other user data across
   devices).  Human Rights-enabling principles like Data Minimization,
   End-to-End and Interoperability are explicit design goals.  For the
   goal of usable privacy, pEp introduces means to verify communication
   between peers and proposes a trust-rating system to denote secure
   types of communications and signal the privacy level available on a
   per-user and per-message level.  Significantly, the pEp protocols
   build on already available security formats and message transports
   (e.g., PGP/MIME with email), and are written with the intent to be
   interoperable with already widely-deployed systems in order to ease
   adoption and implementation.  This document outlines the general
   design choices and principles of pEp.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pep-general/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pep-general-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts