Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-ipsecme-esp-in-udp-lb-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 02:46:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Encapsulating IPsec ESP in UDP for Load-balancing
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Shraddha Hegde
                          Bottorff, Paul
                          Boris Pismenny
                          Dacheng Zhang
                          Liang Xia
                          Mahendra Puttaswamy
	Filename        : draft-xu-ipsecme-esp-in-udp-lb-09.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   IPsec Virtual Private Network (VPN) is widely used by enterprises to
   interconnect their geographical dispersed branch office locations
   across the Wide Area Network (WAN) or the Internet, especially in the
   Software-Defined-WAN (SD-WAN) era.  In addition, IPsec is also
   increasingly used by cloud providers to encrypt IP traffic traversing
   data center networks and data center interconnect WANs so as to meet
   the security and compliance requirements, especially in financial
   cloud and governmental cloud environments.  To fully utilize the
   bandwidth available in the data center network, the data center
   interconnect WAN or the Internet, load balancing of IPsec traffic
   over Equal Cost Multi-Path (ECMP) and/or Link Aggregation Group (LAG)
   is much attractive to those enterprises and cloud providers.  This
   document defines a method to encapsulate IPsec Encapsulating Security
   Payload (ESP) packets over UDP tunnels for improving load-balancing
   of IPsec ESP traffic.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-ipsecme-esp-in-udp-lb/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xu-ipsecme-esp-in-udp-lb-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-ipsecme-esp-in-udp-lb-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts