Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 11:51:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS over Dedicated QUIC Connections
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Allison Mankin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-11.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2022-03-21

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of QUIC to provide transport
   confidentiality for DNS.  The encryption provided by QUIC has similar
   properties to those provided by TLS, while QUIC transport eliminates
   the head-of-line blocking issues inherent with TCP and provides more
   efficient packet loss recovery than UDP.  DNS over QUIC (DoQ) has
   privacy properties similar to DNS over TLS (DoT) specified in
   RFC7858, and latency characteristics similar to classic DNS over UDP.
   This specification describes the use of DNS over QUIC as a general-
   purpose transport for DNS and includes the use of DNS over QUIC for
   stub to recursive, recursive to authoritative, and zone transfer
   scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts