Subject: I-D Action: draft-whh-pce-capability-advertize-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 02:19:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCEP Extension for INTERACTING-CAPBILITY
        Authors         : Minxue Wang
                          Liuyan Han
                          Mianzhang Huang
                          Zhen Han
                          Jinyou Dai
	Filename        : draft-whh-pce-capability-advertize-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2022-03-25

Abstract:
   The PCE communication Protocol (PCEP) is used to convey path
   computation requests and responses both between Path Computation
   Clients (PCCs), Path Computation Elements (PCEs) and cooperating
   PCEs, support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (MPLS), Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) and Segment Routing (SR) networks.
   In PCEP, due to the different implementing of PCC tunnel capability,
   especially bidirectional SR tunnels, the PCE can only provides path
   computation functions between the PCCs which adopt identical
   mechanisms.

   With the introduction and evolvement of 5G and other network
   scenarios, the scale of bearing and transport network has developed
   to a high level.  On the other hand, with the improvement of network
   slicing ability, network equipments can provide network slicing
   service, such as enhanced VPNs (VPN+).  Transport network employing
   time slot isolation technology, such as FlexE,MTN,can provide
   advanced timeslot slicing for the high quality customer services.
   The high quality customer services, for example industry production
   service, demand for superior SLA and end-to-end timeslot service
   slicing, regardless of whether it is across of different network
   equipment providers or across of different regions.  Therefore, there
   is an urgent need of a method to support PCE to provide end-to-end
   path computation and establishment of SR tunnels regardless of PCC
   enables different protocol selections.

   This document specifies the extensions to PCE communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to carry bidirectional SR tunnel capability advertisement
   information in PCEP message to enhance PCE ability to perceive the
   protocol mechanism supported by PCC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-whh-pce-capability-advertize/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-whh-pce-capability-advertize-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts