Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 04:57:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Carrying Virtual Transport Network Identifier in MPLS Packet
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual network which has a
   customized network topology and a set of dedicated or shared network
   resources allocated from the underlying network infrastructure.
   Multiple VTNs can be created by network operator for using as the
   underlay for one or a group of VPNs services to provide enhanced VPN
   (VPN+) services.  In packet forwarding, some fields in the data
   packet needs to be used to identify the VTN the packet belongs to, so
   that the VTN-specific processing can be executed.  In the context of
   network slicing, a VTN can be instantiated as a Network Resource
   Partition (NRP).

   This document proposes a mechanism to carry the VTN-ID in an MPLS
   packet to identify the VTN the packet belongs to.  The procedure for
   processing the VTN ID is also specified.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-mpls-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts