Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-ns-revalidation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:31:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Delegation Revalidation by DNS Resolvers
        Authors         : Shumon Huque
                          Paul Vixie
                          Ralph Dolmans
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-ns-revalidation-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   This document recommends improved DNS [RFC1034] [RFC1035] resolver
   behavior with respect to the processing of Name Server (NS) resource
   record sets (RRset) during iterative resolution.  When following a
   referral response from an authoritative server to a child zone, DNS
   resolvers should explicitly query the authoritative NS RRset at the
   apex of the child zone and cache this in preference to the NS RRset
   on the parent side of the zone cut.  Resolvers should also
   periodically revalidate the child delegation by re-quering the parent
   zone at the expiration of the TTL of the parent side NS RRset.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-ns-revalidation/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-ns-revalidation-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-ns-revalidation-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts