Subject: I-D Action: draft-duke-quic-retry-offload-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:38:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC Retry Offload
        Authors         : Martin Duke
                          Nick Banks
	Filename        : draft-duke-quic-retry-offload-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2022-03-28

Abstract:
   QUIC uses Retry packets to reduce load on stressed servers, by
   forcing the client to prove ownership of its address before the
   server commits state.  QUIC also has an anti-tampering mechanism to
   prevent the unauthorized injection of Retry packets into a
   connection.  However, a server operator may want to offload
   production of Retry packets to an anti-Denial-of-Service agent or
   hardware accelerator.  "Retry Offload" is a mechanism for
   coordination between a server and an external generator of Retry
   packets that can succeed despite the anti-tampering mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-quic-retry-offload/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-duke-quic-retry-offload-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts