Subject: I-D Action: draft-rieckers-emu-eap-ute-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 02:56:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : User-assisted Trust Establishment (EAP-UTE)
        Author          : Jan-Frederik Rieckers
	Filename        : draft-rieckers-emu-eap-ute-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) provides support for
   multiple authentication methods.  This document defines the EAP-UTE
   authentication method for a User-assisted Trust Establishment between
   the peer and the server.  The EAP method is intended for
   bootstrapping Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices without preconfigured
   authentication credentials.  The trust establishment is achieved by
   transmitting a one-directional out-of-band (OOB) message between the
   peer and the server to authenticate the in-band exchange.  The peer
   must have a secondary input or output interface, such as a display,
   camera, microphone, speaker, blinking light, or light sensor, so that
   dynamically generated messages with tens of bytes in length can be
   transmitted or received.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rieckers-emu-eap-ute/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rieckers-emu-eap-ute-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts