Subject: I-D Action: draft-white-lsr-distoptflood-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 04:23:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS Optimal Distributed Flooding for Dense Topologies
        Authors         : Russ White
                          Shraddha Hegde
                          Tony Przygienda
	Filename        : draft-white-lsr-distoptflood-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2022-03-02

Abstract:
   In dense topologies (such as data center fabrics based on the Clos
   and butterfly, though not limited to these topologies), flooding
   mechanisms designed for sparse topologies can flood excessively, or
   carry too many copies of topology and reachability to fabric devices.
   This results in slower convergence times and higher resource
   utilization.  The modifications to the flooding mechanism in the
   Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) link state
   protocol described in this document reduce resource utilization to a
   minimum, while increasing convergence performance in dense
   topologies.

   Note that a Clos fabric is used as the primary example of a dense
   flooding topology throughout this document.  However, the flooding
   optimizations described in this document apply to any dense topology.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-lsr-distoptflood/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-white-lsr-distoptflood-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-white-lsr-distoptflood-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts