Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:37:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC WG of the IETF.

        Title           : QUIC-LB: Generating Routable QUIC Connection IDs
        Authors         : Martin Duke
                          Nick Banks
                          Christian Huitema
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-13.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2022-03-28

Abstract:
   QUIC address migration allows clients to change their IP address
   while maintaining connection state.  To reduce the ability of an
   observer to link two IP addresses, clients and servers use new
   connection IDs when they communicate via different client addresses.
   This poses a problem for traditional "layer-4" load balancers that
   route packets via the IP address and port 4-tuple.  This
   specification provides a standardized means of securely encoding
   routing information in the server's connection IDs so that a properly
   configured load balancer can route packets with migrated addresses
   correctly.  As it proposes a structured connection ID format, it also
   provides a means of connection IDs self-encoding their length to aid
   some hardware offloads.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-13.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-quic-load-balancers-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts