Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-6lo-native-short-address-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 17:23:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Native Short Addressing for Low power and Lossy Networks Expansion
        Authors         : Guangpeng Li
                          David Lou
                          Luigi Iannone
                          Peng Liu
                          Rong Long
	Filename        : draft-li-6lo-native-short-address-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   This document specifies a topological addressing scheme, Native Short
   Address (NSA) that enables IP packet transmission over links where
   the transmission of a full length address may not be desirable.  This
   document focuses on carrying IP packets across an LLN (Low power and
   Lossy Network), in which the topology is relatively static where
   nodes' location is fixed and the connection between nodes is rather
   stable.  The changes in the logical topology are only caused by non-
   frequent disconnection in the link.  The specifications details the
   NSA architecture, address allocation, forwarding mechanism, header
   format design, including length-variable fields, and IPv6
   interconnection support.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-6lo-native-short-address/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-6lo-native-short-address-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-6lo-native-short-address-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts