Subject: I-D Action: draft-birkholz-scitt-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 14:36:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Architecture for Trustworthy and Transparent Digital Supply Chains
        Authors         : Henk Birkholz
                          Antoine Delignat-Lavaud
                          Cedric Fournet
	Filename        : draft-birkholz-scitt-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   Traceability of physical and digital artifacts in supply chains is a
   long-standing, but increasingly serious security concern.  The rise
   in popularity of verifiable data structures as a mechanism to make
   actors more accountable for breaching their compliance promises has
   found some successful applications to specific use cases (such as the
   supply chain for digital certificates), but lacks a generic and
   scalable architecture that can address a wider range of use cases.

   This memo defines a generic and scalable architecture to enable
   transparency across any supply chain with minimum adoption barriers
   for producers (who can register their claims on any TS, with the
   guarantee that all consumers will be able to verify them) and enough
   flexibility to allow different implementations of Transparency
   Services with various auditing and compliance requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birkholz-scitt-architecture/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-birkholz-scitt-architecture-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts