Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-spring-siam-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 09:18:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SRv6 In-situ Active Measurement with IOAM
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Gyan Mishra
                          Tian Pan
	Filename        : draft-song-spring-siam-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   This draft describes an active measurement method for SRv6 which can
   support hop-by-hop and end-to-end measurement on any SRv6 path using
   existing protocols such as IOAM.  A packet containing an SRH uses a
   flag bit to indicate the packet is an active probing packet.  The
   measurement information, such as the IOAM header and data, is
   encapsulated in UDP payload, indicated by a dedicated port number.
   The probing packet originates from a segment source node, traverses
   an arbitrary segment path, and terminates at a segment endpoint node,
   as configured by the segment list in SRH.  Each segment node on the
   path, when detecting the flag, shall parse the UDP header and the
   payload.  In the case of IOAM, the node shall process the IOAM option
   conforming to the standard procedures defined in the IOAM documents.
   The method is compatible with some other SRv6 active measurement
   proposals and support multiple applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-spring-siam/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-spring-siam-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-spring-siam-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts