Subject: I-D Action: draft-zzhang-dmm-mup-evolution-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 17:55:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Mobile User Plane Evolution
        Authors         : Zhaohui Zhang
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-zzhang-dmm-mup-evolution-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2022-03-06

Abstract:
   [I-D.zzhang-dmm-5g-distributed-upf] describes evolution of mobile
   user plane in 5G, including distributed UPFs and alternative user
   plane implementations that some vendors/operators are pushing without
   changing 3GPP architecture/signaling.  Building on top of that, this
   document further discusses potentially integrating UPF and Acess Node
   (AN) in a future generation (xG) of mobile network.

   This document is not an attempt to do 3GPP work in IETF.  Rather, it
   discusses potential integration of IETF/wireline and 3GPP/wireless
   technologies - first among parties who are familiar with both areas
   and friendly with IETF/wireline technologies.  If the ideas in this
   document are deemed reasonable, feasible and desired among these
   parties, they can then be brought to 3GPP for further discussions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zzhang-dmm-mup-evolution/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zzhang-dmm-mup-evolution-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts