Subject: I-D Action: draft-ma-netmod-with-system-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 19:39:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : System-defined Configuration
        Authors         : Qiufang Ma
                          Kent Watsen
                          Qin Wu
                          Feng Chong
                          Jan Lindblad
	Filename        : draft-ma-netmod-with-system-03.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2022-04-10

Abstract:
   This document updates NMDA [RFC8342] to define a read-only
   conventional configuration datastore called "system" to hold system-
   defined configurations.  To avoid clients' explicit copy/paste of
   referenced system-defined configuration into the target configuration
   datastore (e.g., <running>), a "resolve-system" parameter has been
   defined to allow the server acting as a "system client" to copy
   referenced system-defined nodes automatically.  The solution enables
   clients manipulating the target configuration datastore (e.g.,
   <running>) to overlay and reference nodes defined in <system>,
   override values of configurations defined in <system>, and configure
   descendant nodes of system-defined nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ma-netmod-with-system/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ma-netmod-with-system-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ma-netmod-with-system-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts