Subject: I-D Action: draft-andersson-mpls-eh-architecture-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 02:45:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS Extension Header Architecture
        Authors         : Loa Andersson
                          James N Guichard
                          Haoyu Song
                          Stewart Bryant
	Filename        : draft-andersson-mpls-eh-architecture-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2022-04-05

Abstract:
   Extension Headers (EH) carry information on in-network services and
   functions in an MPLS network.  This document describes an
   architecture for EHs and what actions an EH capable Label Switching
   Router (LSR) takes when finding or not finding an EH in the packet.

   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a widely deployed forwarding
   technology.  It uses label stack entries that are pre-pended to
   either the EH or the ACH which in turn is pre-pended to the payload.
   The label stack entries are used to identify the forwarding actions
   by each LSR.  Actions may include pushing, swapping or popping the
   labels, and using the labels to determine the next hop for forwarding
   the packet.  Labels may also be used to establish the context under
   which the packet is forwarded.

   The extension headers are carried after the MPLS Label Stack, and the
   presence of EHs are indicated in the label stack by an Extension
   Header Indicator (EHI).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andersson-mpls-eh-architecture/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-andersson-mpls-eh-architecture-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-andersson-mpls-eh-architecture-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts