Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 01:28:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Yet Another Double Address and Translation Technique
        Author          : Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2022-04-07

Abstract:
   This document provides a stepwise migration between IPv4 and IPv6
   with baby steps from an IPv4-only stack/gateway/ISP to an IPv6-only
   version, that allows portions of the nodes and of the networks to
   remain IPv4, and reduces the need for dual stack and CG NATs between
   participating nodes.  A first mechanism named YADA to augment the
   capacity of the current IPv4 Internet by interconnecting IPv4 realms
   via a common footprint called the shaft.  YADA extends RFC 1122 with
   the support of an IP-in-IP format used to forward the packet between
   parallel IPv4 realms.  This document also provides a stateless
   address and IP header translation between YADA and IPv6 called YATT
   and extends RFC 4291 for the YATT format.  The YADA and YATT formats
   are interchangeable, and the stateless translation can take place as
   a bump in the stack at either end, or within the network at any
   router.  This enables an IPv6-only stack to dialog with an IPv4-only
   stack across a network that can be IPv6, IPv4, or mixed.  YATT
   requires that the IPv6 stack owns a prefix that derives from a YADA
   address and that the IPv4 stack in a different realm is capable of
   YADA, so it does not replace a generic 4 to 6 translation mechanism
   for any v6 to any v4.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thubert-v6ops-yada-yatt-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts