Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-lsr-droid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 09:43:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Distributed Routing Object Information Database (DROID)
        Author          : Tony Li
	Filename        : draft-li-lsr-droid-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2022-04-04

Abstract:
   Over time, the routing protocols have been burdended with the
   responsiblity of carrying a variety of information that is not
   directly relevant to their mission.  This includes VPN parameters,
   configuration information, and capability data.  All of the
   additional data impacts the performance and stability of the routing
   protocols negatively.

   This has been convenient since the backbone of a routing protocol is
   a small distributed database of routing information.  Any service
   needing a distributed database has considered injecting its data into
   a routing protocol so that it can leverage the protocols database
   service.  Architecturally, this is a mistake that puts the protocol
   at risk from undue complexity and overhead.

   To avoid this, DROID is a subsystem that is tangential to, but
   independent of the routing protocols, and provides distributed
   database services for other routing services.  It is based on the
   publish-subscribe (pub/sub) architecture and is intentionally crafted
   to be an open mechanism for the transport of ancillary data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-lsr-droid/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-lsr-droid-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts