Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-bier-frr-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 08:54:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BIER Fast ReRoute
        Authors         : Huaimo Chen
                          Mike McBride
                          Steffen Lindner
                          Michael Menth
                          Aijun Wang
                          Gyan S. Mishra
                          Yisong Liu
                          Yanhe Fan
                          Lei Liu
                          Xufeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-chen-bier-frr-05.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2022-04-03

Abstract:
   BIER is a scalable multicast overlay [RFC8279] that utilizes a
   routing underlay, e.g., IP, to build up its Bit Index Forwarding
   Tables (BIFTs).  This document proposes Fast Reroute for BIER (BIER-
   FRR).  It protects BIER traffic after detecting the failure of a link
   or node in the core of a BIER domain until affected BIFT entries are
   recomputed after reconvergence of the routing underlay.  BIER-FRR is
   applied locally at the point of local repair (PLR) and does not
   introduce any per-flow state.  The document specifies nomenclature
   for BIER-FRR and gives examples for its integration in BIER
   forwarding.  Furthermore, it presents operation modes for BIER-FRR.
   Link and node protection may be chosen as protection level.
   Moreover, the backup strategies tunnel-based BIER-FRR and LFA-based
   BIER-FRR are defined and compared.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-bier-frr/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-bier-frr-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-bier-frr-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts