Subject: I-D Action: draft-ssmith-acdc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 09:23:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Authentic Chained Data Containers (ACDC)
        Author          : S. Smith
	Filename        : draft-ssmith-acdc-00.txt
	Pages           : 76
	Date            : 2022-04-05

Abstract:
   An authentic chained data container (ACDC) [ACDC_ID][ACDC_WP][VCEnh]
   is an IETF [IETF] internet draft focused specification being
   incubated at the ToIP (Trust over IP) foundation [TOIP][ACDC_TF].  An
   ACDC is a variant of the W3C Verifiable Credential (VC) specification
   [W3C_VC].  The W3C VC specification depends on the W3C DID
   (Decentralized IDentifier) specification [W3C_DID].  A major use case
   for the ACDC specification is to provide GLEIF vLEIs (verifiable
   Legal Entity Identifiers) [vLEI][GLEIF_vLEI][GLEIF_KERI].  GLEIF is
   the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation [GLEIF].  ACDCs are
   dependent on a suite of related IETF focused standards associated
   with the KERI (Key Event Receipt Infrastructure) [KERI_ID][KERI]
   specification.  These include CESR [CESR_ID], SAID [SAID_ID], PTEL
   [PTEL_ID], CESR-Proof [Proof_ID], IPEX [IPEX_ID], did:keri [DIDK_ID],
   and OOBI [OOBI_ID].  Some of the major distinguishing features of
   ACDCs include normative support for chaining, use of composable JSON
   Schema [JSch][JSchCp], multiple serialization formats, namely, JSON
   [JSON][RFC4627], CBOR [CBOR][RFC8949], MGPK [MGPK], and CESR
   [CESR_ID], support for Ricardian contracts [RC], support for chain-
   link confidentiality [CLC], a well defined security model derived
   from KERI [KERI][KERI_ID], _compact_ formats for resource constrained
   applications, simple _partial disclosure_ mechanisms and simple
   _selective disclosure_ mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ssmith-acdc/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ssmith-acdc-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts