Subject: [I18ndir] Getting restarted and triage

From: "Pete Resnick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 13:01:11 -0500

Greetings,

Your faithful secretaries are getting off of their respective rear-ends 
to get this directorate doing its regular directorate duties. This means 
reviewing documents that are entering Last Call (or at the request of a 
chair or AD) to look for i18n issues. To do this, we're going to want to 
triage those documents, and then assign those with potential issues to a 
reviewer; we don't have enough reviewers to look at every document like 
GenART does. The two of us can do some of that triage, but we could use 
some help, and for educational purposes we think it would be good to get 
helpers.

A few of you have mentioned that you don't feel up to doing detailed 
i18n reviews of documents, but would be interested in doing (or learning 
to do) document triage. Please drop private email to either or both of 
us and let us know. Our plan is to have a small group "review meeting" 
with potential triagers and triage some documents together so you get 
the hang of it. We'll also be creating a wiki of triage hints and tricks 
based on the i18n bits of the old "Typical Apps Area Issues" wiki 
<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/app/wiki/TypicalAppsAreaIssues> that the 
Apps ADs made some time ago.

For the rest of you: Expect to see some documents appear in your queue 
in the next little bit.

2 x Pete