Subject: [I18ndir] Formatting of personal names

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 22:50:02 -0400

Hi.

New gift from Unicode
 https://www.unicode.org/review/pri434/

This could have impact on PRECIS if people use their own names
as identifiers and possibly on the use of non-ASCII personal
names in the RFC Style Guide.

If you might be affected or have suggestions, please review.

   john

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 17:08:21 +0100

On 3 Nov 2021, at 3:50, John C Klensin wrote:

> This could have impact on PRECIS if people use their own names as identifiers and possibly on the use of non-ASCII personal names in the RFC Style Guide.
>

Ouch...

<https://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/>

   Patrik