Subject: [I2nsf] Solicit comments about I2NSF capability interface IM draft:

From: "Xialiang (Frank)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 07:02:31 +0000

Hi all,
We are updating the -02 version of this draft. At this stage, we develop the capability interface with the following overall information model:
                                            +-------------+
                                          +->  User/tenant|
                                          | |  /VN-id     |
                                          | +-------------+
                                          | +---------+
                                          | |Address/ |
                                          +->address  |
                                          | |group    |
                                          | +---------+
                                          | +-----------+
                                          | |Layer 2/3/4|
                                         +->header, or |
                                          | |payload    |
                                 +------+ | +-----------+
                                 |Packet| | +---------+
                               +->based |-+-> Service |
                               | |match | | +---------+
                               | +------+ | +-----------+
                               |          +->Application|
                               |            +-----------+
             +----+    +-----+ |
             |    |  +->Match|-+             +----------+
          +-->Rule|  | +-----+ |           +-> Session  |
          |  |    |  |         |           | | state    |
          |  +----+  |         | +-------+ | +----------+
          |          |         | |context| | +----------+
          |    *     |         +->based  +-+-> Schedule |
          |    *     |           |match  | | +----------+
          |    *     |           +-------+ | +---------+
          |          |                     | |Region/  |
          |          |                     +->region   |
+------+     +----+  |                       |group    |
|      |  |  |    |  |                       +---------+
|Policy+--+-->Rule+--+
|      |  |  |    |  |                         +-------+
+------+  |  +----+  |                       +->Permit +
          |          |                       | +-------+
          |    *     |             +-------+ | +-------+
          |    *     |           +->Basic  +-+-> Deny  |
          |    *     |           | |actions| | +-------+
          |          |           | +-------+ | +-------+
          |          |           |           +-> Mirror|
          |          |           |             +-------+
          |          |           |
          |          |           |              +----------+
          |          |           |            +->Antivirus:|
          |  +----+  |           |            | |profile   |
          |  |    |  | +-------+ |            | +----------+
          +-->Rule|  +->Actions+-+            | +---------+
             |    |    +-------+ |            +->  IPS:   |
             +----+                           | |signature|
                                 |            | +---------+
                                 |            | +----------+
                                 |            | | URL      |
                                 |            +->Filtering:|
                                              | |data base |
                                 |            | +----------+
                                 | +--------+ | +----------+
                                 +->Advanced+-+ |  File    |
                                   |actions | +->Blocking: |
                                   +--------+ | |profile   |
                                              | +----------+
                                              | +----------+
                                              | |  Data    |
                                              +->Filtering:|
                                              | |profile   |
                                              | +----------+
                                              | +-----------+
                                              | |Application|
                                              +->  control  |
                                              | +-----------+
                                              |   *
                                              +-> *
                                                  *
It's the initial design, and will improve and add more details to it. Derived from this basic structure, we want to get your feedbacks and comments with the following problems:

1.       How do you think about this current basic structure? Is It a good start? Is it general enough?

2.       If you take it as a good start, do you think what is missed here or needed more improvement?

3.       If you don't think so, please tell us your thoughts about what it should be like.

We do wish to get your helpful comments to push our I2NSF works go forward, thanks a lot!

B.R.
Frank