Subject: [I2nsf] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-08

From: Carlos Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 18:55:34 -0700

Reviewer: Carlos Martinez
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Overall I've found this document to be READY. I do believe that some parts'
readability could be improved however, particularly Section 5. This section
describes some principles a potential implementation of the spec should follow
but provides little or no justification for them. I believe additional text
could help.

Thank you to the authors for their great work!

Carlos

---

From: Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 21:53:34 +0000

Carlos, 

Thank you very much for reviewing the draft. 

Reply to your comment is inserted below:

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Martinez [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 8:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-08

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Overall I've found this document to be READY. I do believe that some parts'
readability could be improved however, particularly Section 5. This section describes some principles a potential implementation of the spec should follow but provides little or no justification for them. I believe additional text could help.
[Linda] This section is to give the guideline to other drafts (to be developed by the WG). The justification for those guideline was covered by the charter, e.g.  Focusing on the flow based NSFs.  Another goal is to allow support for vendor specific functions. 

Linda

Carlos