Subject: [I2nsf] Document Action: 'Framework for Interface to Network Security Functions' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:44:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for Interface to Network Security Functions'
  (draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Interface to Network Security Functions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the framework for the Interface to Network
   Security Functions (I2NSF), and defines a reference model (including
   major functional components) for I2NSF.  Network security functions
   (NSFs) are packet-processing engines that inspect and optionally
   modify packets traversing networks, either directly or in the context
   of sessions to which the packet is associated.

Working Group Summary

   There was nothing exceptional in the WG processing for this document.
   There was careful debate resulting in a number of changes and careful
   synchronization with other WG documents. 

Document Quality

   This framework is not directly implementable, but it underpins the work
   of the working group. At least one vendor is building a system based on
   the work of the working group and following this framework as an
   architecture. There has also been experimentation at IETF hackathons
   that is consistent with this framework.

Personnel

   Yoav Nir is the Document Shepherd.
   Kathleen Moriarty is the Responsible AD.

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 17:57:42 +0200

Congratulations to the authors and thanks to all who helped with this document.

This will be our second RFC, and with any luck it should be published before we all meet in London.

Linda and Yoav

> On 20 Dec 2017, at 18:44, The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 11:24:06 +0900

Hi all,
This is a great achievement for our I2NSF WG.

Thanks for the efforts of the authors, our chairs (Linda and Yoav), our AD
(Kathleen) :-)

Best Regards,
Paul

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Yoav Nir <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> I2nsf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2nsf
>

-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 21:32:02 -0500

Thank you to the editors, participants and chairs for all your hard work.  Congratulations!

Best regards,
Kathleen 

Sent from my mobile device

> On Dec 21, 2017, at 9:24 PM, Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> Thanks for the efforts of the authors, our chairs (Linda and Yoav), our AD (Kathleen) :-)
> 
> Best Regards,
> Paul
>