Subject: [I2nsf] Request for WG Adoption Call on I2NSF Security Policy Translation Draft

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 12:31:56 +0100

Linda and Yoav,
I would like to request a WG adoption call on our Security Polity
Translation:

Our security policy translation draft specifies the architecture and
functionality of the Security Controller in terms of security policy
manipulation and translation.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-i2nsf-security-policy-translation-03

As we addressed during this WG meeting, our draft is similar to the case
of RFC 8075 in CORE WG:
Guidelines for Mapping Implementations:
HTTP to the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8075

RFC 8075 is an implementation guideline for connecting an HTTP client
to CoAP Servers as IoT devices. This RFC is about translation as an
essential feature of the CORE WG for IoT. This RFC specifies a mapping
procedure and examples to provide guidance to developers who want to
implement the translation between HTTP and CoAP along with source code
in the document:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8075#page-35

As a result, this document could succeed in being published even as
a standard-track RFC.

We authors believe our draft for Security Policy Translation will be
quite useful to design and implement Security Controller that is a core
entity in the I2NSF Framework.  Also, we provide this source code
as an open source project that was demonstrated in the last three IETF
Hackathon Projects:
https://github.com/kimjinyong/i2nsf-framework

Through our draft, the industry will be able to easily adopt and implement
I2NSF interface standards.
We authors aim at publishing this draft as an Informational RFC.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul
-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>