Subject: [I2nsf] Mirja Kühlewind's Abstain on draft-ietf-i2nsf-applicability-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 10:11:51 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2nsf-applicability-16: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-applicability/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I find the title of this document rather misleading as the doc mainly outlines
use cases. I would have expected that the boundaries of the applicability of
i2nsf to certain scenarios are discussed which is not the case. My
understanding from the charter would further be that an applicability statement
is connected to a specific data model (and I would also have expected that
statement to be published in the same document).

One minor additional comment: I'm surprised to only see a reference to
AVANT-GUARD but no mentioning of the IETF DOTS effort....