Subject: [I2nsf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-08.txt> (Software-Defined Networking (SDN)-based IPsec Flow Protection) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 12:59:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Interface to Network Security
Functions WG (i2nsf) to consider the following document: - 'Software-Defined
Networking (SDN)-based IPsec Flow Protection'
  <draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-04. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how to provide IPsec-based flow protection
   (integrity and confidentiality) by means of an I2NSF Controller.  It
   considers two main well-known scenarios in IPsec: (i) gateway-to-
   gateway and (ii) host-to-host.  The service described in this
   document allows the configuration and monitoring of IPsec information
   from a I2NSF Controller to one or several flow-based Network Security
   Function (NSF) that implement IPsec to protect data traffic.

   The document focuses on the I2NSF NSF-Facing Interface by providing
   YANG data models for configuration and state data required to allow
   the I2NSF Controller to configure the IPsec databases (SPD, SAD, PAD)
   and IKEv2 to establish IPsec Security Associations with a reduced
   intervention of the network administrator.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.