Subject: Re: [I2nsf] I-D Action: draft-lingga-i2nsf-application-interface-dm-00.txt

From: t petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 11:00:12 +0100

I was going to let this mature a little before commenting on (e.g. the
references that need adding to the I-D References:-) but having just
looked at the other four, I had a brief look at this.

s.2 NMDA
could do with a reference to RFC8342

s.3 NSF name
Surely this must have come up before and be a candidate for a leafref?
Um, not so AFAICT.  This surprises me and makes me realise I do not
understand the architecture as well as I might.  I would have thought
that the earlier I-D has the concept of a named NSF in there somewhere
but no, nor do I see it in RFC8329.  Mmm.

s.4
      prefix nsffbck;
That is not what you are asking IANA to register:-)

/http:/https:/

                leaf req-host {
                  type string;
                  description
                    "The domain name of the requested host";
a domain name is not a host name, different semantics, different syntax.
I suspect that host name is intended here.  For domain names, look at
RFC1034.  RFC1123 is probably the best source for hostnames.

                leaf duration {
in several places; what are the units?  is there an expected format,
precision etc.?  If so, it might be worth creating a YANG type (but not
if it is just integer seconds).

s.6.1
          <start-time>2021-08-27T09:00:00.00Z</start-time>
          <start-date-time>2021-08-27T09:00:01.00Z</start-date-time>

Mmm an unfortunate inconsistency.  The examples are correct in the sense
that those are the objects defined in the two I-D but it is unfortunate
that
       xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring">
       xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-i2nsf-feedback-policy">
are out of line.  For me, it is start-time in nsf-monitoring that could
so with changing.

s.10.1
I will return to later in the document cycle.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 10:45 AM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-lingga-i2nsf-application-interface-dm-00.txt

>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
>
>
>         Title           : I2NSF Application Interface YANG Data Model
>         Authors         : Patrick Lingga
>                           Jaehoon Paul Jeong
>                           Yunchul Choi
>         Filename        :
draft-lingga-i2nsf-application-interface-dm-00.txt
>         Pages           : 32
>         Date            : 2021-08-27
>
> Abstract:
>    This document describes an information model and a YANG data model
>    for the Application Interface between an Interface to Network
>    Security Functions (I2NSF) Analyzer and Security Controller in an
>    I2NSF system in a Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
environment.
>    The information model and YANG data model is based on the I2NSF
>    Consumer-Facing Interface for enabling feedback delivery based on
the
>    information received from the Network Security Function (NSF).
>
>
> The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lingga-i2nsf-application-interfac
e-dm/
>
> There is also an htmlized version available at:
>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lingga-i2nsf-application-int
erface-dm-00
>
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> .
>
>

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 22:44:49 +0900

Hi Tom,
This draft of I2NSF Application Interface is based on another draft called
"An Extension of I2NSF Framework for Security Management Automation in
Cloud-Based Security Services":
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jeong-i2nsf-security-management-automation-02

For the security management automation with security policy reconfiguration
and feedback information,
which is constructed by NSF monitoring data through I2NSF Monitoring
Interface,
I2NSF needs another interface called I2NSF Application Interface.

This draft will be the last piece of the I2NSF Interfaces even though I2NSF
WG needs to re-charter
its scope for the sake of this security management automation.

After publishing the five I2NSF YANG data model drafts as RFCs, I2NSF will
consider
the re-chartering for further work including this security management
automation.

I will reflect your comments on this Application Interface Draft below.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 7:02 PM t petch <[email-masked]> wrote:

> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lingga-i2nsf-application-interface-dm/>
> >
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lingga-i2nsf-application-interface-dm-00>
> >
> >
> I2nsf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2nsf
>