Subject: [I2nsf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring-data-model-12.txt> (I2NSF NSF Monitoring Interface YANG Data Model) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 13:39:17 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interface to Network Security
Functions WG (i2nsf) to consider the following document: - 'I2NSF NSF
Monitoring Interface YANG Data Model'
  <draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring-data-model-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-12-01. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document proposes an information model and the corresponding
   YANG data model of an interface for monitoring Network Security
   Functions (NSFs) in the Interface to Network Security Functions
   (I2NSF) framework.  If the monitoring of NSFs is performed with the
   NSF monitoring interface in a comprehensive way, it is possible to
   detect the indication of malicious activity, anomalous behavior, the
   potential sign of denial of service attacks, or system overload in a
   timely manner.  This monitoring functionality is based on the
   monitoring information that is generated by NSFs.  Thus, this
   document describes not only an information model for the NSF
   monitoring interface along with a YANG data diagram, but also the
   corresponding YANG data model.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring-data-model/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3557/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3607/