Subject: [I2nsf] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring-data-model-12

From: Valery Smyslov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 06:43:43 -0800

Reviewer: Valery Smyslov
Review result: Ready with Issues

I am the assigned ART directorate reviewer for this document. These comments
were written primarily for the benefit of the ART area directors.  Document
editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

The document defines an information model and the YANG data model for an
interface used for monitoring Network Security Functions in the I2NSF framework.

Issues.

1. The YANG Data Model contains human-readable strings, like "src-user",
"message", etc. From description of thees fields they seem to contain a
free-form text with no indication in which language it is written. Section 4.2
of BCP 18 requires that protocols that transfer text MUST provide for carrying
information about the language of that text (e.g. via language tags).

2. There are a number of 32-bit counters in the model. In high performance
networks they would wrap around after a relatively short period of time. It is
not clear how this situation is handled.

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 10:37:05 +0900

Hi Valery,
Thanks for your kind review.
Here are my answers below.

> information about the language of that text (e.g. via language tags).
  => src-user is the I2NSF User's name who generates the policy.
       message is "the extra detailed description on NSF monitoring data to
give
       an NSF data collector the context information as meta data".
       I will clarify the definitions of src-user and message more clearly
in the draft
       with the above definitions.

> not clear how this situation is handled.
 => To prevent the counters from wrapping around quickly, I will replace
32-bit
      with 62-bit for counters.

      Thanks.

      Best Regards,
      Paul

>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> I2nsf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2nsf
>