Subject: [Ianaplan] Agenda uploaded.

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 20:39:56 -0400

Hi all,

I have uploaded an ageda.  Dollar short, and so on.

Comments are welcome.  

We also, obviously, need a draft charter if we're seriously
contemplating a WG.  I will see about putting together a scratch
proposal (by which I mean, there will be scratching after I post it)
tomorrow.

A

Agenda

- Preliminaries and agenda bash  09:00 :10
- Introduction 09:10 :10
- NTIA transition in the larger Internet community, and the Coordination Group 09:20 :20
- What does the transition mean from an IETF and IAB perspective? 09:40 :20
- Discussion 10:00 :55
- Review of proposed charter [note: we'll need one first! --ajs] 10:55 :10
- Discussion of charter 11:05 :15
- Close/any final questions  10:20 :10

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Seun Ojedeji <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 07:07:35 +0100

Hello Andrew,

Pardon my being newbie in this environment but I can't seem to find the
meeting details in this mail?

Regards

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 15 Jul 2014 01:40, "Andrew Sullivan" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ianaplan mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ianaplan
>

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:15:24 -0400

> meeting details in this mail?

I was implicitly assuming everyone knew this was for the BoF at the
IETF meeting next week, but clearly not.  Sorry.  I updated the agenda
to include that, and also to fix the off-by-one-hour problem that
someone pointed out to me off-list.

A note for those not coming to the IETF meeting: I do not believe we
have made provision for Meetecho in this meeting.  I've tried using it
before for BoFs, and it was a failure because the BoF was a little
chaotic, with a great deal of back and forth at the mic; there was
just enough lag that it drove people mad.  (I've used it for working
group sessions with great effect.)  All IETF sessions provide audio
streaming, so you can hear everything that's said.  We also upload all
the materials to the meeting pages (I'll provide links in a future
update).  And there's always a jabber channel, so that if you _do_
want to send a question, it's still possible.  (Just be aware that the
flow might not be good.)  I don't know about others, but I've had of
late rather spotty success with the Google<->Jabber interface, so if
you have historically used that you might want to check that it's
still working.

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Seun Ojedeji <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:19:50 +0100

Hello Andrew,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> IETF meeting next week, but clearly not.

Not for me then, however i do hope we would receive some form of
transcript/minute about the meeting.

Thanks.

Regards
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Seun Ojedeji,Federal University Oye-Ekitiweb:      http://www.fuoye.edu.ng
<http://www.fuoye.edu.ng> Mobile: +2348035233535**alt email:
<http://goog_1872880453>[email-masked]
<[email-masked]>*

The key to understanding is humility - my view !

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:45:09 -0400

> transcript/minute about the meeting.

All IETF meetings are minuted, and are published as part of the
proceedings.  According to
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/important-dates-2014.html#IETF90,
completely corrected minutes for IETF 90 should be published some time
in Sept.

Those who are participating here but who are not familiar with the way
the IETF works might want to have a look at
http://www.ietf.org/newcomers.html and http://www.ietf.org/tao.html.
The IETF is its own subculture; figuring out all the jargon may be
tricky, and people who come from other backgrounds often have
assumptions that apply badly in the IETF setting.  

As with any subculture, some of it can only be absorbed over time, but
don't be afraid to ask questions!  We only seem like grouchy
ill-groomed geeks with a tendency to stridency.  We actually want to
help. :-)

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:34:54 +1200

On 16/07/2014 02:45, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> http://www.ietf.org/newcomers.html 

As the original author and occasional maintainer of that page, I
was amused to remember that it says "We try to avoid policy and
business questions, as much as possible." I guess this is a case
where it wasn't possible ;-).

It may be of interest to use the following variant of the IETF
agenda page, which has handy icons for the audio stream, jabber, etc.:
http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/90/

   Brian

> and http://www.ietf.org/tao.html.

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 09:51:10 -0400

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 09:15:24AM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> have made provision for Meetecho in this meeting. 

I asked the Meetecho people for support, and they have graciously
agreed, so the IANAPLAN BoF will have it.

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Olévié Kouami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 19:29:10 +0000

Thank you Andrew for providing us (the wewbies) with these links (URL).
They are really useful for us.
Merci beaucoup.
Cheers !
-Olevie-

-- 
Olévié Ayaovi Agbenyo KOUAMI
Responsable Département CERGI-Education (http://www.cergibs.com)
CEO de INTIC4DEV (http://www.intic4dev.org)
SG de ESTETIC  (http://www.estetic.tg)
Membre de ISoc (www.isoc.org <http://www.isoc.org/>) & du FOSSFA (
www.fossfa.net)
ICANN-NPOC Communications Committee Chair (http://www.icann.org/ et
http://www.npoc.org/)
BP : 851 - Tél.: (228) 90 98 86 50 / (228) 98 43 27 72
Skype : olevie1 FB : @olivier.kouami.3 Twitter : #oleviek Lomé - Togo