Subject: [Ianaplan] Input from the Just Net Coalition

From: "Richard Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 16:10:53 +0200

Please find attached an input from the Just Net Coalition.  This covers the 
IANA transition and ICANN accountability in general, but it also contains 
items of specific interest to IETF, in particular regarding protocol 
parameters.

Thanks and best,
Richard

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 00:20:04 -0700

Hi Richard,
At 07:10 09-07-2014, Richard Hill wrote:
>Please find attached an input from the Just Net Coalition.  This 
>covers the IANA transition and ICANN accountability in general, but 
>it also contains items of specific interest to IETF, in particular 
>regarding protocol parameters.

Thank you for sharing the input.

I don't think that it is a good idea to have the protocol parameters 
moved as described in the PDF.  My input to the rest of the IETF 
would be to leave that part to what is already documented in RFCs the 
IETF agrees to.

There has been some discussion about who funds that Function on a 
non-IETF mailing list. Mr Arkko mentioned that the cost is not a big 
issue and I tend to agree with that comment.  My suggestion, at this 
stage of the discussion, would be not to get into who funds that 
Function unless that is considered as a problem.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 08:31:18 +1200

On 14/07/2014 19:20, S Moonesamy wrote:
>> covers the IANA transition and ICANN accountability in general, but it
>> also contains items of specific interest to IETF, in particular
> moved as described in the PDF.  My input to the rest of the IETF would
> be to leave that part to what is already documented in RFCs the IETF
> agrees to.

In any case, it's the IETF (with the IAB) that decides where the IETF's
parameter registries are managed. It doesn't ultimately matter what
anybody else says, if it comes to the crunch.

(Not that I am advocating any change.)

   Brian

> _______________________________________________
> Ianaplan mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ianaplan
>