Subject: [Ianaplan] draft-lear-iana-icg-response-01 release

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:49:32 +0200

Hi everyone,

You will have seen the announcement for the release of
draft-lear-iana-icg-response-01.  This message explains the changes.

  * The first change is probably the most notable.  We've have changed
    the way questions from the RFP appear by using ">>> ".  Russ has
    suggested that we consult the RFC Editor about this, and I think
    that's a good idea, but now seems like a good time to get feedback
    on this change.
  * Amusingly, we failed to include the "IANA Considerations" section in
    the -00 draft.  Please review the simple text that is there.
  * There is now a very brief Security Considerations section.
  * We've attempted to spell out acronyms on first use.  Thanks to Greg
    Wood for pointing this out.
  * The front matter now states "IANAPLAN" as opposed to "Network
    Working Group".  IMHO that probably needs to change to IETF & IAB at
    the end.
  * The RFP has been updated to a later version.
  * The role of the IESG has been spelled out a bit more (Issue 19 on
    Github)
  * Special use registries have been clarified as discussed (Issues 14
    and 15)
  * Russ' comment was taken out.
  * Last calls are open to anyone (Issue 17).
  * RFC 2418 is explicitly mentioned.
  * Extraneous overlap text removed (Issue 21)
  * The IETF is not a MIB module (Issue 7)
  * Answer order was reverted, as suggested by Leslie Daigle.
  * The IAB's responsibility explicitly stated.
  * Amended -> Supplemented and slightly reworded to explain what those
    supplements are (Issue 20)
  * Various URL references were not listed (fixed).
  * Reference added to IANA metrics.
  * A bunch of idnits addressed.
  * Other editorials.

The authors ponder moving the introductory text from the ICG into an
appendix.  Views on that welcome as well as any other comments.

Eliot

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-lear-iana-icg-response-01.txt
From: <[email-masked]>
To: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>, Russ Housley <[email-masked]>, "Russ Housley" <[email-masked]>, Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 23:47:22 -0700

A new version of I-D, draft-lear-iana-icg-response-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Eliot Lear and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-lear-iana-icg-response
Revision:	01
Title:		Draft Response to the Internet Coordination Group Request for Proposals on IANA
Document date:	2014-09-12
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		20
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-iana-icg-response-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lear-iana-icg-response/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lear-iana-icg-response-01
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lear-iana-icg-response-01

Abstract:
   This document contains the a draft response to a request for
   proposals from the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group
   regarding the protocol parameters registries.  It is meant to be
   included in an aggregate proposal that also includes contributions
   covering names and addresses that will be submitted from their
   respective operational communities.  The IETF community is invited to
   comment and propose changes to this document.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:52:31 +0200

I wrote:

On 9/12/14, 8:49 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
> appendix. 

My apologies.  I meant "editors" not "authors".  Many are contributing
to this effort.

Eliot