Subject: [Ianaplan] Community process (was: What are the RIRs doing?)

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:30:26 -0700

Hi Seun,
At 23:09 10-09-2014, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>While SM and Brian are both right about this, I don't think the IANA 
>oversight is more of a IP allocation policy issue(otherwise it would 
>have been treated by RIRs in a manner similar to PDP). It's the 
>overall management of resources and I don't think it's entirely 
>inappropriate to engage the source of all the resources in this matter.

There is a theory that the source of all the resources is the United 
States Government.  I do not think that it is possible for citizens 
of other countries to engage that source.  The next best thing is for 
the citizen to find a representative who can help him or her.

My interpretation of the quoted text is that there is some 
disagreement about one of the community processes used to build a 
proposal.  It is possible to invoke the relevant process in the 
region.  As I mentioned previously it has never been done before.

The wording (policy issue) could be interpreted as anything which is 
a non-technical consideration, e.g. political, commercial, etc., is 
an ICANN matter.  IANA oversight is a political question.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy