Subject: [Ianaplan] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-06.txt> (Draft Response to the Internet Coordination Group Request for Proposals on the IANA protocol parameters registries) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:37:06 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Planning for the IANA/NTIA
Transition WG (ianaplan) to consider the following document:
- 'Draft Response to the Internet Coordination Group Request for
   Proposals on the IANA protocol parameters registries'
  <draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document contains the IETF response to a request for proposals
   from the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group regarding the
   protocol parameters registries.  It is meant to be included in an
   aggregate proposal that also includes contributions covering domain
   names and numbering resources that will be submitted from their
   respective operational communities.  The IETF community is invited to
   comment and propose changes to this document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 07:30:55 +0200

FYI - some thoughts from me at this stage.

http://www.ietf.org/blog/2014/11/ietf-iana-transition-plan-last-call/

Jari

---

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 17:11:27 +0100

>http://www.ietf.org/blog/2014/11/ietf-iana-transition-plan-last-call/

Dear Jari,

My understanding is that the draft meets the rough consensus of the 
WG/IANAPLAN and, as such, it is to be subject to an IETF Last Call 
where I am not allowed to participate.

The decision that will, therefore, lie with the IESG will be to 
decide if the final revision of the I_D meets the WG Charter. To 
date, I evaluate this to not be the case, and that is to the point of 
putting the whole IETF technology in jeopardy, by no longer providing 
the necessary arrangements and tools to sustain its accountable 
operational management.

If this was not corrected by the IETF Last Call, I would, therefore, 
have to engage and/or support everyone engaging in an appeal 
procedure that would show that the whole procedure was inadequate or 
insufficient for the protection of the rights of all of the 
multistakeholders (Governments, RFC 6852 Global Communities, 
corporations, lead or end users communities or individuals) in a fair 
and open Internet Standards Process.

Sorry for that.
jfc morfin