Subject: [Ianaplan] Closing in on consensus (?) Re: Updated text Re: Please keep context in mind Re: Consensus call -- text reply for ICG proposal review

From: "Leslie Daigle (ThinkingCat)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:45:18 -0400

Hi,

There seems to be some support that this version of text may acceptably 
address our mandate and scoping.

Again (still), if you have any disagreement with it, please share your 
comment to this list by noon EDT (16h00 UTC) Friday August 28, 2015.

Thanks,
Leslie.
P.S.:  Copying and pasting without quoting, to accommodate various mail 
clients:

The IETF IANAPLAN WG has reviewed the draft ICG proposal within the
context of the WG’s charter (<ref>) — specifically, “Should 
proposals
made by other communities regarding the transition of other IANA
functions affect the IETF protocol parameter registries or the IETF, the
WG may also review and comment on them.”   The IETF IANAPLAN working
group continues to believe that a transition away from a US Government
role in IANA management and oversight is appropriate and confirms
consensus of its participants that the draft proposal is not perceived
to pose problems for the Protocol Parameters function or to interfere 
with
the development or safe use of IETF standards.    The IETF raised two
transition points that are mentioned in Paragraph 3062 of the proposal.
We would ask that they be referenced in Part 0, Section V of the
proposal as well.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Daigle
Principal, ThinkingCat Enterprises
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
On 26 Aug 2015, at 11:26, Jari Arkko wrote:

>>
>> The IETF IANAPLAN WG has reviewed the draft ICG proposal within the
>> context of the WG’s charter (<ref>) — specifically, “Should 
>> proposals
>> made by other communities regarding the transition of other IANA
>> functions affect the IETF protocol parameter registries or the IETF, 
>> the
>> WG may also review and comment on them.”   The IETF IANAPLAN 
>> working
>> group continues to believe that a transition away from a US 
>> Government
>> role in IANA management and oversight is appropriate and confirms
>> consensus of its participants that the draft proposal is not 
>> perceived
>> to pose problems for the Protocol Parameters function or to interfere 
>> with
>> the development or safe use of IETF standards.    The IETF raised two
>> transition points that are mentioned in Paragraph 3062 of the 
>> proposal.
>> We would ask that they be referenced in Part 0, Section V of the
>> proposal as well.
>
> This would work for me.
>
> (We’re trying to find a very fine balance between how well the 
> overall setup works for us vs. claiming something about the details of 
> parts that do not affect us. Perhaps understandably, finding the right 
> words is difficult. But I think this or something along these lines 
> would be reasonable and accurate.)
>
> Jari
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ianaplan mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ianaplan