Subject: [Ianaplan] In memoriam

From: Jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 22:42:40 +0200

With regret, I have sad news.

In seeking for his expertise in order to join the 
<mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked] expertise circle and best 
answer Andrew, I learned from his spouse that Robert Tréhin has 
passed away just a few months ago.

A very well-known figure in the French/European networking industry, 
I had known him since Tymnet Europe and International of which is the 
manager in charge of the European and Western Catenet, then founder 
of TNSC that sold/installed the Tymnet ACT technology in more than 40 
countries, VP of TNS Inc. (POS and transaction oriented network) for 
nearly two decades, and eventually being technically instrumental in 
the establishment of the European SEPA Mail funds transfer system 
gathering 90% of the French and European banks.

He tied Tymnet and then Telenet services to France, Belgium, Italy, 
Germany, UK, and Switzerland (off the top of my head) before 1978 
through the IRCs (international record carriers ITT, RCA, WUI). He 
then hired me in early 1978 to deploy the international packet switch 
network 100% under Tymnet multiprotocols systems. As Telenet was 
domestically connected in 1984, we then provided Internet 
international access to TCP/IP hosts. He sold the Swedish national 
network system to Televerket and was a promoter in the European 
deployment of several large private networks. He was a key leader of 
the European banking industry ATMs networking.

He was an extremely professionnal, efficient, and kind good fellow 
with whom we created the ISIS Club (ISIS was the Tymnet technology 
OS) grandfathering the ICANN concept and multistakeholderism, while 
our INTLNET non-profit secretariat maintained the INTLFILE that in 
turn grandfathered the root file and the concept of open distributed 
IANA that we are now to resume after NTIA transition and along the 
RFC 6852 paradigm.

JFC Morfin
Excutive Director, INTLNET
http://intlnet.org