Subject: [Iasa20] Eric Rescorla's Yes on charter-ietf-iasa2-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 21:11:02 -0700

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-iasa2-00-01: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-iasa2/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following text seems a bit odd in that it starts by saying there are multiple
options and ends by saying we will be doing an LLC.

   For legal purposes, IASA is currently organized as an activity of ISOC. Among
   multiple legal structure options considered by the IETF community, a new
   limited liability corporation (LLC) that is a disregarded entity of ISOC
   (i.e., it is treated as a branch or division of ISOC for tax purposes) will
   be created to house the administration of the IETF. ISOC supports this plan.

Perhaps:
"Multiple legal structure options were considered by the IETF community,
with the rough consensus being to form a new ... The WG will be chartered
to develop documents to implement this structure. ISOC supports this plan."