Subject: Re: [Iasa20] Initial Board - Bootstrapping the LLC - Qs for the WG

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 12:45:39 +0000

On 5/30/18, 1:46 PM, "Michael Richardson" <[email-masked]> wrote:
    I suggest that transition from IAOC to LLC occur between Jan.1 and April 1,
    of the transition year such that IAOC members essential finish their "term".

[JL] It appears likely that the LLC will in fact be formed in the next few months, so we'll need to bootstrap the LLC well before all of the appointments could be made via the regular process we've been discussing. But as others have pointed out, the ISOC board could certainly act more quickly - this would be more of an issue for any NomCom appointments.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 10:05:07 -0400

> [JL] It appears likely that the LLC will in fact be formed in the next
    > few months, so we'll need to bootstrap the LLC well before all of the
    > appointments could be made via the regular process we've been
    > discussing. But as others have pointed out, the ISOC board could
    > certainly act more quickly - this would be more of an issue for any
    > NomCom appointments.

If nomcom were asked by August 1 (2018) to fill the LLC board, it could do so
for December.  However,  I guess the real constraint on asking nomcom to fill the
LLC is the document that tells nomcom to do so (and how to do so).

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [ 
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [ 
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [