Subject: [Iasa20] I-D Action: draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 10:57:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Update to the Selection of Trustees for the IETF Trust
        Authors         : Jari Arkko
                          Ted Hardie
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2018-09-07

Abstract:
   This memo updates the selection of trustees for the IETF Trust.
   Previously, the Internet Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC)
   members also acted as trustees but the IAOC has been eliminated as
   part of an update of the structure of the Internet Administrative
   Support Activity (IASA).  This memo specifies that the trustees shall
   be selected separately.

   This memo updates RFCs 4071 and 4371 with regards to the selection of
   trustees.  All other aspects of the IETF Trust remain as they are
   today.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 08:26:38 +1200

Hi, 

I am happy with all this text. However, there is a third document in BCP101,
namely RFC7691 "Updating the Term Dates of IETF Administrative Oversight
Committee (IAOC) Members".

[A pause while you read that short RFC...]

It seems to me that the present draft needs to obsolete RFC7691
and replace it by adding some extra text such as:

   1. The IETF Trust holds a regular meeting close to
      the time of, or during, the first IETF meeting of the year.

   2. The Trust selects its chair as the first order of
      business in this meeting in a manner of its choosing.

   3. The Trust determines the beginning and end of the normal terms of
      its members relative to the above mentioned meeting; such
      terms must start and end close to the time of this meeting, unless
      those determinations are made by the appointing bodies.

   A regular meeting has proper notice, minutes that are posted, and may
   be held face-to-face, via teleconference, or as a combination of the
   two.

Regards
   Brian

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 13:31:11 -0700

> On Sep 7, 2018, at 1:26 PM, Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 

I agree this is needed.

Bob

> 
> Regards
>   Brian
> 
> _______________________________________________
> iasa20 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iasa20

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 10:43:49 +0300

Brian,

You raise a valid point. And after re-reading the RFCs a couple of times again, I’m happy with your text.

Jari