Subject: [Iasa20] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2018 15:41:52 -0700

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich version of this review at:
https://mozphab-ietf.devsvcdev.mozaws.net/D12194

COMMENTS
S 1.
>      This memo updates RFCs 4071 and 4371 with regards to the selection of
>      trustees.  All other aspects of the IETF Trust remain as they are
>      today.
>   
>      For a discussion of why this change is needed and a rationale for
>      these specific changes, see [I-D.ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale].

I am surprised not to see any 2119 language here. Doesn't this
document have normative content.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:32:55 +0300

Thanks for your review, Eric.

> document have normative content.

Perhaps a good question, but FWIW I was following RFCs 4071 and 4371 in this regard. Or even 2026… but you are right that another style to write this text could have been chosen.

Jari

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Oct 2018 15:58:49 -0000

In article <[email-masked]>,
Jari Arkko  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Perhaps a good question, but FWIW I was following RFCs 4071 and 4371 in this regard. Or even 2026… but you are right
>that another style to write this text could have been chosen.

It has always been my understanding that 2119 is about how to
interoperate.  This draft is full of plans and advice, but there's
nothing to interoperate with.

R's,
John
-- 
Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly