Subject: [Iasa20] I-D Action: draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc3005bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:30:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IETF Discussion List Charter
        Authors         : Susan R. Harris
                          Rich Salz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc3005bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2018-10-11

Abstract:
   The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) discussion mailing list
   furthers the development and specification of Internet technology
   through discussion of technical issues, and hosts discussions of IETF
   direction, policy, meetings, and procedures.  As this is the most
   general IETF mailing list, considerable latitude is allowed.
   Advertising, whether to solicit business or promote employment
   opportunities, falls well outside the range of acceptable topics, as
   do discussions of a personal nature.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc3005bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc3005bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc3005bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 18:39:37 +0000

Rich - Thanks for posting this! One minor nit to fix -- a spelling error in Sec 1: "topoics" instead of "topics".

Thanks again!
Jason

On 10/11/18, 2:31 PM, "iasa20 on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    
    Abstract:

    
    
    _______________________________________________
    iasa20 mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iasa20

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 18:42:54 +0000

I will fix that.  The one sentence I didn't cut/paste but typed by hand :)

The last sentence says that complaints about any moderating should be referred to the IAB. Is that still the right place?

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:11:36 -0700

Given that we're trying to make minimal changes, let's leave it alone.
Should it be the IETF chair who is exercising the power to restrict, it
kind of makes sense, and having the same appeals path for the Sgt. at Arms
or Chair is probably okay, given how rarely this comes up.

My personal opinion,

Ted

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 11:43 AM Salz, Rich <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The last sentence says that complaints about any moderating should be
> referred to the IAB. Is that still the right place?
>