Subject: [Iasa20] I-D Action: draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 03:17:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Defining the Role and Function of IETF Protocol Parameter Registry Operators
        Authors         : Danny McPherson
                          Olaf Kolkman
                          John C Klensin
                          Geoff Huston
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-10-10

Abstract:
   Many Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) protocols make use of
   commonly defined values that are passed in messages or packets.  To
   ensure consistent interpretation of these values between independent
   implementations, there is a need to ensure that the values and
   associated semantic intent are uniquely defined.  The IETF uses
   registry functions to record assigned protocol parameter values and
   their associated semantic intentions.  For each IETF protocol
   parameter, it is current practice for the IETF to delegate the role
   of Protocol Parameter Registry Operator to a nominated entity.  This
   document provides a description of, and the requirements for, these
   delegated functions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 10:25:10 +0000

Colleagues,

There are now two versions of draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis, version 00 and version 01.

Version 00 is the original RFC turned back into I-D format. Version 01 contains the updates to reflect the new situation.
See https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-01.txt for the diffs.

I’ve captured changes and TODO/Open issues in the appendix:

	C.1.2.  draft-iab-iasa2-rfc6220-01	
 		
          Changed references to IAOC to LLC	
 	      While reviewing the section on the Trust: Modified reference to	
 	      RFC 4748 to reference to RFC4371, as that document estabishes the	
 	      Trust while 4748 is technically an update of RFC 3978 (now	
 	      obsoleted).	
 	      Updated reference to ICANN-IETF MoU to most recent version (2018).	
 		
 	C.1.3.  TODO/Open issues	
 	                                                                         	
 	   o  In the Overview under "Reporting" [MoU_SUPP2018] is refered to as	
 	      an example i.e. an informative document.  Updated to a more recent	
 	      version.  The reference is not IAOC specific, is it appropriate?	
 	   o  Editorial question: Is the prefered abbriviation IETF	
 	      Administrational LLC or just LLC?	

[SIC, blush]

The Open issues are two issues where I think I made the right choice but can easily be convinced to do something else.

—Olaf
 Pen holder

On 10 Oct 2018, at 12:17, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> iasa20 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iasa20

---

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 15:57:19 +0000

On C.1.3: We usually have a doc say “IETF Administration LLC (IETF LLC)” and thereafter you can therefore just write IETF LLC.

Jason

From: iasa20 <[email-masked]> on behalf of Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 6:25 AM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Iasa20] I-D Action: draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-01.txt

Colleagues,

       obsoleted).

 C.1.3.  TODO/Open issues

[SIC, blush]

—Olaf
Pen holder

On 10 Oct 2018, at 12:17, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> wrote:

Abstract: