Subject: [Iasa20] I-D Action: draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 13:58:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Discussion of the IASA 2.0 Changes as They Relate to the IETF Trust
        Author          : Jari Arkko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2018-10-05

Abstract:
   This document is published to capture the rationale for the changes
   introduced in RFC NNNN (RFC Editor: please replace NNNN with the RFC
   number of [I-D.ietf-iasa2-trust-update]), Update to the Process for
   Selection of Trustees for the IETF Trust.

   At the time RFC NNNN was published, IETF administrative structure
   changes ("IASA 2.0") had an impact on the IETF Trust because members
   of the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC) IAOC, which was
   being phased out, had served as Trustees of the IETF Trust.  This
   document provides background on the past IETF Trust arrangements,
   explains the effect of the rules in the founding documents during the
   transition to the new arrangement, and provides a rationale for the
   update.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/