Subject: [Iasa20] New version of <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis>

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 15:08:56 -0700

Hi,

We submitted a new version of <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis>.  Links below.

The changes resolve issues discussed on the list, adding text to account for the new IETF Trust Trustee NomCom appoints, and editorial changes to make the document more consistent.

The changes include:

      *  Modified the Advice and Consent model to enable IESG, IAB, and
         IETF LLC to communicate directly with the NomCom rather than
         via the Managing Director, IETF Secretariat.
      *  Updated member removal text to reflect the new LLC rules, which
         enables removal via the LLC or the IETF recall process, except
         for the ISOC-appointed director.
      *  Removed discussion text from the volunteer eligibility section.
         This means that IETF LLC employees and contractors cannot
         volunteer for the NomCom but does not extend that prohibition
         to ISOC employees and contractors.
      *  Updated the document to clarify that there are members of the
         IAB and IESG, trustees of the IETF Trust, and directors of the
         IETF LLC.
      *  Removed ISOC Board of Trustees members from the definition of
         "sitting members" because it doesn't apply.
      *  Updated document to also include procedures for the NomCom
         appointed IETF Trust trustees.
      *  Revised Abstract and Introduction to provide current context.
      *  Changed "nominating committee" to "NomCom" throughout the
         document because it is what most use to describe the IETF
         Nominating Committee.
      *  Added an no-actions IANA Considerations Section.
      *  Editorial changes.

There is one DISCUSSION item identified.  It is:

   4.8.  Liaison Appointment

   DISCUSSION

      Should the IETF Trust and IETF LLC appoint a liaisons to the
      NomCom?

   The sitting IAB and IESG members each appoint a liaison from their
   current membership, someone who is not sitting in an open position,
   to serve on the NomCom.

We will send a separate email on this.

Please review the changes.

Thanks,
Bob & Jason

> A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis-01.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Robert M. Hinden and posted to the
> IETF repository.
> 
> Name:		draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis
> Revision:	01
> Title:		IAB, IESG, and IETF LLC Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Operation of the Nominating and Recall Committees
> Document date:	2018-10-18
> Group:		iasa2
> Pages:		39
> URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis-01.txt
> Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis/
> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis-01
> Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis
> Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis-01
> 
> Abstract:
>   The process by which the members of the IAB and IESG, some trustees
>   of the IETF Trust, and some directors of the IETF LLC are selected,
>   confirmed, and recalled is specified in this document.  This document
>   based on RFC3777 and RFC7437 and has been updated to reflect the
>   changes introduced by IASA 2.0.
> 
>   This document obsoletes RFC7437.