Subject: [Iasa20] I-D Action: draft-ietf-iasa2-consolidated-upd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 12:26:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Consolidated IASA2-Related Document Updates
        Author          : John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iasa2-consolidated-upd-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-11-15

Abstract:
   In 2018, the IETF began the transition to a new administrative
   structure, and updated its IETF Administrative Support Activity
   (IASA) to a new "IASA 2.0" structure.  In addition to more
   substantive changes that are described in other documents, the
   transition to the 2018 IETF Administrative Support structure changes
   several position titles and organizational relationships that are
   referenced in other documents.  Rather than reissue those documents
   individually, this specification provides updates to them and
   deprecates some now-obsolete documents to ensure that there is no
   confusion due to these changes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-consolidated-upd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-consolidated-upd-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-consolidated-upd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 10:55:27 +1300

Generally I think this document takes the right approach to
some necessary housekeeping. I just have some nits:

> Obsoletes: 3716, 3929, 3979, 4633, 4879,
>            8179 
...
> For clarity, it also obsoletes RFCs 3716, 3929,
>    3979, 4633, 4879, and 8179 which were Experimental or Informational

Not 8179, I don't think! Also 3979 & 4879 are already obsoleted, so maybe:

 Obsoletes: 3716, 3929, 4633
...
 For clarity, it also obsoletes RFCs 3716, 3929,
 and 4633 which were Experimental or Informational

> 4.  Where Appropriate, Replacement of the IETF Executive Director
>     position with the Managing Director, IETF Secretariat

This section doesn't mention RFC2026. The references to the ED
in 2026 are in fact superseded by RFC3979 and RFC8179. But maybe
there should be an informational note about this. Maybe something
like this after the bulleted list:

 Note that [RFC2026], The Internet Standards Process -- Revision 3,
 uses the term "IETF Executive Director" in text that was later
 obsoleted by [RFC3979].

Regards
   Brian