Subject: [Iasa20] I-D Action: draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 08:37:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Structure of the IETF Administrative Support Activity, Version 2.0
        Authors         : Brian Haberman
                          Joseph Lorenzo Hall
                          Jason Livingood
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2019-02-26

Abstract:
   The IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA) was originally
   established in 2005.  In the years since then, the needs of the IETF
   evolved in ways that required changes to its administrative
   structure.  The purpose of this document is to document and describe
   the IASA 2.0 structure.

   Under IASA 2.0, the work of the IETF's administrative and fundraising
   tasks is conducted by an administrative organization, the IETF
   Administration Limited Liability Company ("IETF LLC").  Under this
   structure, the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC) was
   eliminated, and its oversight and advising functions transferred to
   the IETF LLC Board.

   The IETF LLC provides the corporate legal home for the IETF, the
   Internet Architecture Board (IAB), and the Internet Research Task
   Force (IRTF).

   This document describes the structure of the IETF Administrative
   Support Activity, version 2 (IASA 2.0).  It defines the roles and
   responsibilities of the IETF LLC Board, the IETF Executive Director,
   and ISOC in the fiscal and administrative support of the IETF
   standards process.  It also defines the membership and selection
   rules for the IETF LLC Board.

   This document obsoletes [RFC4071], [RFC4333], and [RFC7691].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:57:05 +0100

Hi IASA2 WG,

I apologise for this late comment, but just one possible bit of text that could stand to go:

> 2.  Scope Limitation
> 
>    The document does not propose any changes related to the standards
>    process as currently conducted by the Internet Engineering Steering
>    Group (IESG) and Internet Architecture Board (IAB).  In addition, no
>    changes are made to the appeals chain, the process for making and
>    confirming IETF and IAB appointments, the technical work of the
>    Internet Research Task Force (IRTF), or to ISOC's membership in or
>    support of other organizations.

We didn’t say this in 4071, and nobody got confused.  Is it really needed here?

Eliot

---

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:04:43 +0000

Technically it could be removed. But there was a bit of WG discussion to clarify that the WG was not making changes to these things, which is what led to this section. As a result I would prefer to retain it for the avoidance of any future doubt on these points. If you feel strongly about removal I think it's something to open back up for broader WG discussion.

JL

On 2/26/19, 1:13 PM, "iasa20 on behalf of Eliot Lear" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi IASA2 WG,

    
    Eliot

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 17:07:31 +0100

Not that strongly.

> On 28 Feb 2019, at 17:04, Livingood, Jason <[email-masked]> wrote:
>