Subject: [Iasa20] Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc5377bis-02.txt> (Advice to the Trustees of the IETF Trust on Rights to Be Granted in IETF Documents) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 07:56:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IETF Administrative Support Activity
2 WG (iasa2) to consider the following document: - 'Advice to the Trustees of
the IETF Trust on Rights to Be Granted in
   IETF Documents'
  <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc5377bis-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Contributors grant intellectual property rights to the IETF.  The
   IETF Trust holds and manages those rights on behalf of the IETF.  The
   Trustees of the IETF Trust are responsible for that management.  This
   management includes granting the licenses to copy, implement, and
   otherwise use IETF Contributions, among them Internet-Drafts and
   RFCs.  The Trustees of the IETF Trust accepts direction from the IETF
   regarding the rights to be granted.  This document describes the
   desires of the IETF regarding outbound rights to be granted in IETF
   Contributions.This document obsoletes RFC 5377 solely for the purpose
   of removing references to the IASA.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc5377bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc5377bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.