Subject: [Iasa20] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:44:19 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all the participants in the IASA2 effort for the work you've
done in getting the related documents updated. I only have three minor
comments in this document, where it seems to have been incompletely
updated with regard to IETF Trust Trustees.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

§3.3:

>  e.g., if
>  the IESG, IAB, IETF Trust, or IETF LLC Board have reorganized prior
>  to this process and created new positions, if there are an odd number
>  of current positions, or if a member or Director unexpectedly
>  resigns.

Suggest: "...if a Member, Director, or Trustee..."

In particular, mixing the lowercase "member" with the uppercase "Director"
is rather jarring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

§3.4:

>  which it may assign a term of not more than three years to ensure
>  that all such members or Directors will not be reviewed at the same
>  time.

Same comment as above ("Member, Director, or Trustee")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

§3.8:

> 3.8.  Sitting Members and Directors
>
>  The following rules apply to nominees and candidates who are
>  currently sitting members of the IESG or IAB, or IETF LLC Board
>  Directors and who are not sitting in an open position being filled by
>  the NomCom.

The title and opening paragraph of this section omit "Trustees," although
the remainder of the section mentions Trust vacancies. I think we need to add
mention of Trustees to both the section title and its opening paragraph.

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:30:21 -0700

Adam,

> On Jul 8, 2019, at 7:44 PM, Adam Roach via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Thanks, all fixed in my local copy.

Bob