Subject: [Iasa20] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 08:32:31 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Two easy to address comments:

(1) §1: "As a result of the the IASA 2.0 structure [I-D.ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis]
and formation of the IETF LLC, the relationship between the IETF and ISOC has
changed."  I think that I-D.ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis should be a Normative
reference.

(2) I-D.ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis uses this document as a Normative reference, and
points to it when defining ISOC (in §4.1); but there is no explicit reference
to ISOC, or even its mission (which seems to be quoted in §2).  Please add one.

---

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 19:12:33 +0000

Thanks! The changes will be made shortly in a -06 update. 

Jason

On 8/19/19, 11:32 AM, "Alvaro Retana via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote: