Subject: [Iasa20] BCP 101, RFC 8714 on Update to the Process for Selection of Trustees for the IETF Trust

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:17:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 101        
        RFC 8714

        Title:      Update to the Process for Selection
                    of Trustees for the IETF Trust
        Author:     J. Arkko,
                    T. Hardie
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4371
        See Also:   BCP 101

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8714

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8714

This memo updates the process for selection of Trustees for the IETF
Trust. Previously, the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC)
members also acted as Trustees, but the IAOC has been eliminated as
part of an update to the structure of the IETF Administrative Support
Activity (IASA). This memo specifies that the Trustees shall be
selected separately.

This memo obsoletes RFC 4371.  The changes relate only to the
selection of Trustees. All other aspects of the IETF Trust remain as
they are today.

This document is a product of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC