Subject: [Iasa20] BCP 101, RFC 8711 on Structure of the IETF Administrative Support Activity, Version 2.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:15:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 101        
        RFC 8711

        Title:      Structure of the IETF Administrative 
                    Support Activity, Version 2.0 
        Author:     B. Haberman,
                    J. Hall,
                    J. Livingood
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4071, RFC 4333, RFC 7691
        See Also:   BCP 101

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8711

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8711

The IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA) was originally
established in 2005. In the years since then, the needs of the IETF
evolved in ways that required changes to its administrative
structure. The purpose of this RFC is to document and describe the
IETF Administrative Support Activity, version 2.0 (IASA 2.0). It
defines the roles and responsibilities of the IETF Administration LLC
Board (IETF LLC Board), the IETF Executive Director, and the Internet
Society in the fiscal and administrative support of the IETF
standards process.  It also defines the membership and selection
rules for the IETF LLC Board.

This document obsoletes RFC 4071, RFC 4333, and RFC 7691.

This document is a product of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC