Subject: Re: [Icar] new review commitee i-d

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:30:43 -0400

(again, catching up - sorry for the delay in responding)

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allman-icar-wg-revcomm-00.txt

Thanks!

> 2. The rule-of-thumb of 2 reviewers per WG document may be a bit
>    excessive. I think most reviewers will be on review committees of
>    more than 1 WG and hence I am sceptical about large review
>    committees.

2 is a WAG.  We'll add some words to basically indicate that some
experience will help guide what that number really ought to be.

> 3. Your idea of getting people who are not actively involved in the
>    IETF may be difficult. 

Sure.  I agree.  I think the general point is that the committee
membership would not be strictly based on IETF participation or
attendance or whatever.  I.e., there are lots of non-IETFers that use
IETF documents and could provide a useful set of eyes.  If we can
harness such talent, great!  Is it a challenge?  Yes, quite likely.

> 4. Also it would be good to get some clarification regarding the stage
>    in the WG document that the review committee would be activated. Is
>    it before WG LC? Or is ot even prior to that?

OK.  We'll try to clean this up.  (I think the vision is that the team
would get a crack at the document at -00 or before and then at regular
intervals until the WG forwards the document.)

Thanks!

allman

--
Mark Allman -- ICIR -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/